Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 03-13-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Microphon200
Rookie

Microphon200 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I like it for sure.
You only. Kaesviharn sucks. Ken Hamlin is out on the market and they sign Keasviharn.
Microphon200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love you too Microphon200
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
So did Roy williams and Deangelo hall.........who both suck, which goes to show you picks mean nothing.
You suck, and that's overrating you, you dumb pee head.

Last edited by JeffSamardzijaIRISH : 03-13-2007 at 09:45 PM.
JeffSamardzijaIRISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not overly excited about the signing, but if anything it gives us some added depth and that is always a plus. Also, a good backup plan if Roman Harper isn't recovering like we hoped.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks more and more likely like we're going to address the CB position in the draft.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer
Old 03-13-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I'm not overly excited about the signing, but if anything it gives us some added depth and that is always a plus. Also, a good backup plan if Roman Harper isn't recovering like we hoped.
That's the perfect way to look at this signing. I wish we still had him for depth.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's a decent signing and nothing to get excited about. I would have preferred us to sign Ken Hamlin. I also would still like us to try and pursue Kawika Mitchell, but I doubt that's going to happen. I still wish we could bringing some talented DT's like either Ian Scott or Anthony Adams. I

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this signing, gives the Saints some depth for Mr. Harper. I like how the Saints have gone about Free Agency. They've added depth and used Free Agency to prepare themselves for getting the young talent they need in the draft. Teams need to learn that's what free agency is all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Don't even answer that comment HinesWard. TNewFan seems to have forgotten/ignored the impact that Ronde Barber has had on the league and his pioneering effect on Cornerbacks alike.
Yeah, clearly to insult Ronde Barber and call him a terrible cornerback is an insane and completely baseless accusation. Not to mention, completely untrue. I love Ronde (not just because he's Tiki's brother), but because he took corners from being "cover and intercept" to "cover, intercept, tackle and sack". May end up being one of the best all-around corners. Only CB to get 20 interceptions and 20 sacks.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good solid pick up by the aints'. He'll provide depth behind some youngsters and can fill in if they slip up.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Solid signing. We all would have liked Hamlin, but he would have came at a much steeper price than Kaesviharn. The one thing that I like about Kevin is that he's a ballhawk and a guy who could create turnovers, something that our defense lacked last season.

After reading his scouting report, I think he can be more than a backup player for us. I could see him battling it out with Bullocks (who hasn't played up to his skills) for the starting FS position. Maybe, if Harper isn't good to go, Bullocks can slide over to SS for some time. The more I think about it, the more I like this signing.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree, with Kaesviharn, now we have some quality depth and according to multiple sources, a solid special teamer. The other thing is he's also younger than Stoutmire and Bellamy, and is that the deal is not that too expensive, so I suppose it's a okay signing.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Courtesy of CBS Sportsline.com's Clark Judge:

Read the whole blog here: Punt, pass and Judge

Quote:
Good move for Saints
He's not a household name, but trust me: Safety Kevin Kaesviharn will help the New Orleans Saints.

Kaevisharn, who signed with the Saints on Tuesday, was one of the best free agents left out there. A nickel back with the Bengals, the guy has a nose for the football. Against Carolina he intercepted Jake Delhomme in the end zone to choke off the Panthers' last gasp. Against the Saints he pulled an encore, intercepting a pass in the end zone in a 31-16 win.

When the season was over he led the Bengals with six interceptions. This was one guy I thought the Bengals would fight to keep. He's a solid player, with good size and speed, and he hasn't appeared on a police blotter. Anyway, acquiring him will improve a Saints defense that surrendered too many big plays.

Can he start? He did in 2005 when Cincinnati reached the playoffs. In fact, he started all 16 games. He'll start in New Orleans, too. The Saints didn't make it to last season's Super Bowl because they didn't have enough defense, but this is how you start plugging holes.

Hallelujah.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-14-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Quote:
Looks more and more likely like we're going to address the CB position in the draft.
I agree, I think that especially now with all the bigger name cornerbacks being snatched up by other teams, that the Draft is where we're going to get one, if not two, cornerbacks in April. I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints select one corner in the first couple of rounds and then got a second one later, maybe in day two.

Another position that we're probably going to have to look at in the Draft is defensive tackle. We could still go after someone like Alfonso Boone, Anthony Adams or Ian Scott, but it looks more and more likely like we're not going to sign any of them and rather, look to the draft to add depth behind both Hollis Thomas and Brian Young.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-16-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Saints DE Charles Grant, the team's franchise player, has scheduled a meeting with Tampa Bay.
Source: http://www.rotoworld.com

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Saints DE Charles Grant, the team's franchise player, has scheduled a meeting with Tampa Bay.
Kind of feel uneasy about this... but I guess he wants to explore the options. I'm kind of hoping he uses Tampa, to get Loomis to cave in and offer him something long term. At the very least I hope he offers the Saints a chance to match the offer.

I really hope this doesn't turn out to be like the Lance Briggs situation, with Grant threatening to hold out the entire season.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:48 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Kind of feel uneasy about this... but I guess he wants to explore the options. I'm kind of hoping he uses Tampa, to get Loomis to cave in and offer him something long term. At the very least I hope he offers the Saints a chance to match the offer.

I really hope this doesn't turn out to be like the Lance Briggs situation, with Grant threatening to hold out the entire season.
I don't know how to feel about this. Personally, if he wants to leave, I say, let him go. I'd rather not put up with all this bull[expletive deleted] about holding out the entire season.

Please...you're making almost the top salary for your position in the entire league...either suck it up, shut up and play or move on. I wasn't happy when the Saints tagged him and he was complaining about us "low-balling" him. I definitely don't want the Saints going through another Darren Howard situation.

And if Grant goes, then we get two first rounders... not too shabby...Calvin Johnson anyone? ;)

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-16-2007, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
And if Grant goes, then we get two first rounders... not too shabby...Calvin Johnson anyone?
Yeah, I'm definitely using wishful thinking for this situation as well. :)

Old 03-16-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Keenan McCardell

...Is visiting with the Saints, and I for one think he would be a perfect fit. Our receiving corps is very young and we could really use a seasoned veteran; also, his familiarity with Drew Brees is a bonus (he had a solid year in 05, his last season with Drew). Of course, his age (37) means he can't produce near the level he once did, but he knows how to get open and he has reliable hands. Plus, he would be a good teacher for all of the young WR's we have. It seems like there isn't much interest in Keenan, and we might be able to grab him for cheap. Am I the only one who would like to see him in black in gold next season?
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind the signing, would add a veteran presence to the receiving corps.

However his age, and declining production is a bit of a concern. I don't think he'd be anything more than a 3rd WR, and situational guy at this point.

Fact that he's familiar with Brees helps a bit.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Not particularly interested in a 37-year-old wide receiver whose production has dropped off in the last few years... kind of reminds me of another wide out that we released a week or so ago... hmm...

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-17-2007, 05:29 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that we could use a veteran WR it would be a good thing to have him around, but I don't about signing a player that we might not get much production out of. Kind of on the fence with this one.

Signature made by me

Old 03-17-2007, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

No new updates as of yet on the whole Charles Grant situation... there's a lot of talk on the main forum about it, but so far, I haven't heard any news from either side.

According to NOLA.com, the Saints have brought in several wide receivers, including Colts WR Brandon Stokely and also Seattle WR Bobby Engram (which I haven't heard anything about) and soon, Chargers WR Keenan McCardell as well as showing interest in trading for Seattle's Darrell Jackson. It seems that the Saints are looking to add another wide receiver after losing Joe Horn, but I personally would enjoy it more if we'd address this "need" during the Draft, instead of getting an aging veteran.

Another position that we haven't addressed in free agency is defensive tackle, and as it is, there are still several options still out there, including both Chicago DTs Ian Scott and Alfonso Boone, and the 49ers' Anthony Adams. I wouldn't mind if the Saints sign one of these three and then maybe invest a mid-rounder for a capable back-up to add depth.

So, I'm quite curious to see what the Saints do with the remainder of free agency.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-17-2007, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
Another position that we haven't addressed in free agency is defensive tackle, and as it is, there are still several options still out there, including both Chicago DTs Ian Scott and Alfonso Boone, and the 49ers' Anthony Adams. I wouldn't mind if the Saints sign one of these three and then maybe invest a mid-rounder for a capable back-up to add depth.
According to Sveen, our Scandinavian source for Saints news, the Chiefs have signed Bears defensive tackle Alfonso Boone.

Well, maybe the Saints could still go after Ian Scott or Anthony Adams.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-17-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
According to Sveen, our Scandinavian source for Saints news
I like that title :)

Signature made by me

Old 03-17-2007, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
I like that title :)
I figured you would... :)

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!