Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 11-29-2008, 03:59 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2009 Chad Ocho-Cinco Sweepstakes

Well, I hope it happens.
Who do you think will be takers?
What could we get for him?

Id say a team like Chicago or maybe Tennessee?
Would Minnesota bite on him?

I think we could still get a late first or a second and another pic

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default chad to philly

I think most philly fans think that mcnabb needs a true superstar receiver to make him be the standout they envision him as. send chad to philly for a 1 and a 3 if we can get it......maybe we' can only get a 3 anymore.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt he only goes for a 3rd. If he does then Mike Brown is the worst owner of all time bar none.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 11-29-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
MooshooGawd
Rookie

MooshooGawd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would keep him before I gave him up for a third. The guy can still play and it's not hard to see why he's not producing that he usually does.

As far as the teams that would be in need of him...

Philly - The amount of pressure on Andy Reid and McNabb is going to be intense. They need to get back to the playoffs in a bad way. When the Eagles had a legit WR (Terrell Owens) they went to the Super Bowl. Plus Philly has 2 first round draft picks.

Tampa Bay - The Bucs are still relying on Galloway of all people.

Chicago - I can't really see Chad going here, but they sure could use him. They've only got journeymen at WR and now that they have their RB, they could go and get a playmaker at WR.

Redskins - They were willing to give up 2 first round picks last year. Not much has changed. They could still use Chad.

Giants - Plaxico Burress seems determined to get himself thrown out of the league for some reason. Chad can do a lot of things that Plax does.

Teams like the Jaguars, Dolphins and Titans could use him, but I wouldn't trade him to an AFC team.
MooshooGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

I personally hope we go the Tampa or Chicago route of those teams.
(im a Dallas fan so yeah no Phillies or Redskins unless we have to)

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 12-01-2008, 09:24 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm just hoping the whole, "Chad will be back next year" is all a facade. I don't think it takes much to figure out why Chad is having an off year and it sure isn't his mouth. There is no reason to let him go without getting at least a 1st and a sweetener. Just keep him at that point and let him play things out.

Agree with TB, Philly, Chicago, Wash, NYG as potentials. I would also add that KC will probably be looking QB in the 1st and a true #1 to give their franchise would be good. Detroit is in the same boat after getting rid of Williams and leaving Calvin Johnson. What about Seattle or even St. Louis for that matter ??

To tell you the truth, who doesn't need a #1 WR that can do the things Chad can do ?? The only reason people are ready to move on from Chad is they are just sick of things and want to see change.

I don't believe we can't get a first in the deal...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:59 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be very surprised if we were able to get a first round pick for Chad at this point. If he'd had a typical CJ season then there's no question but I just don't know if many teams except maybe the Redskins would be willing to give up a 1st rounder for him right now.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

I think teams will take the Fitzpatrick into consideration and they will be lenient on us and give up a first.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 12-01-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Chad's talent is there. You can't really look at the shoulder and say, "THAT'S IT" or even his mouth, because he has been quiet for the most part. With him having a down season, you need not look any further than our horrible o-line and the sad play by Fitzpatrick.

Carson and his accuracy have been terribly missed...
Old 12-01-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand the points both of you have made but he is getting up there in age(though his age really is insignificant to me right now) and parlaying that with the season he/we have had, I just don't see a 1st rounder being offered. I do hope I am wrong though but at the same time even if a 1st RD pick was on the table, I doubt the team would go for it.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Sadly enough, I would agree that the first rounder may not be accepted AGAIN by the front office. I think my head would just explode if we turned down a deal of that magnitude with the needs this team has....
Old 12-02-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post
Sadly enough, I would agree that the first rounder may not be accepted AGAIN by the front office. I think my head would just explode if we turned down a deal of that magnitude with the needs this team has....
You do know that we are owned by Mike Brown, right? I could see that deal being turned down because Brown doesn't want to shell out all that money. He is more concerned about his wallet than any part of this team. He is such a douchenozzle.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:34 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Yep, that's why I said the deal may not be accepted and my head would explode !!!

Agree with the douchenozzle comment as well !!!
Old 12-03-2008, 11:55 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Chad still has plenty of talent. I think MB is such a hardhead though, that he will keep him to somehow make himslef feel he has gotten his money's worth out of Chad. I think it's the same reason we saw Odell and Chris Henry come back, so MB could get his bonus money's worth out of them
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote