Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 12:08 PM    (permalink
MooshooGawd
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 281
Reputation: 84
MooshooGawd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default If I were GM...

Here's me putting on my GM hat.

1.) I keep Marvin Lewis, but I fire OC Bob Bratkowski and OL Coach Paul Alexander.

2.) Hire Baltimore QB Coach Hue Jackson as OC.

3.) I call Washington, Philadelphia, the Giants, and Tampa Bay and I start the bidding for either Chad Ocho Cinco or TJ Houshmanzadeh.

4.) For the sake of this post, I'm going to assume that Philadelphia steps up to the plate since McNabb and Andy Reid will be on the hot seat in the 09 season and need to get back to the playoffs. Bengals trade Chad Ocho Cinco to Philadelphia for their second of two first rounders.

5.) (key) Resignings:

OLB - Brandon Johnson - He's really done a great job at filling in and coming off the bench.

RB - Cedric Benson - I like his style of running and I think he can be a starter in the NFL behind a better O-line.

K - Shayne Graham - He's lost my confidence when the game is on the line and he still can't kickoff worth a damn, but good kickers are hard to find and Graham is a fan favorite.

WR - TJ Houshmandzdeh - You know what? I say give him the big contract. He's never really been a 'speed guy', so you don't have to worry about him losing a step. TJ's best attribute is his ability to lineup anywhere and get you that 1st down. He'll be able to do that for another 4 years.

6.) Signings:

Karlos Dansby (OLB) - You're probably going to have to overpay for him, but that's what happens when you're trying to convince a player to come to a 1-win team. I think Dansby is so underrated. Getting a young player who in his prime is a big thing for the Bengals. If Arizona is able to franchise him again then I would look at Buffalo's Angelo Crowell.

Jon Kitna (QB) - Fitzpatrick has done a decent job as a backup and I'd like to see him back here, but I'm guessing that Detroit will cut ties with Kitna in the offseason. Kitna's presence helps Carson big time.

Devery Henderson (WR) - He's a young deep threat that could (with the help of the other receivers) help take the place of Chad.

Justin Miller (CB) - I would think that he could come in and compete with David Jones for that nickelback role. But we need a threat in the return game.

Other signings - I would sign a few journeymen for depth reasons on the D-line and O-line.

7.) The Draft

1a.) Draft OT Andre Smith - From what I've seen, he's about as good of a run blocker as there is and he's only going to improve. With us drafting this early, we can't risk giving a DE or RB that much money and take the chance that they'll be a bust. Technically it's a safer bet to go with an Offensive Lineman. So if Andre Smith isn't available, we go Michael Oher.

1b.) Draft C Alex Mack - We're rebuilding this team in the trenches. Alex Mack is the real deal when it comes to Centers. I love his style. He's a madman out there.

2.) Draft MLB Brandon Spikes - Spikes won't be the first MLB taken, he'll actually probably be the 3rd at best, but I seriously think he'll be the best of the bunch. He can learn behind Jones for a little while and then take over that MLB spot. He's got the swagger and energy of Odell...hopefully not the problems.

I'm not going to go all through the draft as it's hard to even grasp who will be drafted where at this point. But we would need a FB (I want Brannan Southerland from Georgia), we need a change of pace back for Cedric and we also need to get some depth on the O-line.

Starters for 2009 (finally)

QB - C. Palmer
RB - C. Benson
FB - B. Southerland
WR - T. Houshmanzadeh
WR - (C. Henry, D. Henderson, A. Caldwell)
TE - R. Kelly
LT - A. Smith
LG - A. Collins
C - A. Mack
RG - B. Williams
RT - A. Whitworth

DE - A. Odom
DT - D. Peko
DT - P. Sims
DE - R. Geathers
OLB - K. Rivers
MLB - D. Jones/B. Spikes
OLB - K. Dansby
CB - J. Joesph
CB - L. Hall
SS - C. Ndukwe
FS - M. White/C. Lynch

K - S. Graham
P - K. Larson

Final notes:

You're not going to fix all of your problems in one offseason. If we were going into the 2009 season with this team, my biggest concern would be that I didn't address the pass rush. But I like this defense. They've performed well in 2008 and I'm counting on them being even better with a little more experience. I also think that guys like Keith Rivers, Corey Lynch and Pat Sims would be much better in their second seasons.

On the offensive side, you've almost got a grade new O-line. Collins and Smith are interchangeable, Mack would be your center for the next decade, and I'm crossing my fingers that Whitworth could play RT...which I think he can.
MooshooGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:43 PM    (permalink
lost33cause
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 105
Reputation: 10
lost33cause hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Even if Whit can't play RT you have options like putting Collins over there and putting Whit at LG or put A. Smith at RT, Collins at LT, and Whit at LG. It would be great to get that second rounder for Ocho but I doubt it.
lost33cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 352
Reputation: 82
BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

I would say do what you have to do in order to get back up in the 2nd and get someone like Selvie at DE. His stock has dropped a bit, but the guy is still a beast at DE and certainly couldn't do anything but help our anemic pass rush...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bean
Posts: 3,169
Reputation: 1151633
hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Orakpo >>> Selvie. If we don't take Orakpo, I don't think we should be looking at DE until mid-late rounds. We have other chief concerns right now.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 919
Reputation: 155
rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default GM time

I like your moves and I like your draft picks. It's almowst exactly as I would do. You're hired?
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Aboard Serenity
Posts: 6,329
Reputation: 287529
themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Ya I agree with pretty much everything you have stated. Only thing I am kind of hesitant on is your free agent signings but thats simply due to the fact that we almost never sign anyone worth a damn in FA.

One point I especially like is what you said about Brandon Johnson. He has been pretty spectacular ever since we signed him and I definitely think we need to keep him around.
__________________

^A Bonekrusher production^
#15
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,764
Reputation: 9588
Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Here's what I'd do.....

1) Look at your personnel. I think this team is a DE away fomr having a top notch tampa2 personnel. I'd look to bring in Raheem Morris the Secondary Coach of Tampa Bay. Young, Excitable, Energetic. This team needs a fresh start, image, and face. I think Raheem is the man.

2) I would give him full ability to hire coaches as he see's fit. I would suggest him looking into Ron Rivera since he does have quite a bit of familiarity of coordinating a Top defense with heavy T2 ties.

3) I agree, Chad Johnson has to go, that why 2 WR's were drafted. I wouldn't see a problem with them trading Malcontent LT Levi Jones. His heart isn't in it anymore, atleast there. I'm thinking he could draw a 2nd. Especially draft day for a team that missed out on the OL Run in the first.

I would assume that Chad Johnson (Like the OP) Goes to Philly for the Latter of 2 - 1sts.

Jones heads to Detroit for their 2nd as they go for Stafford in round 1.

Collins has shown to me that he has a ton of potential on the left side. I didn't like him coming out, but he certainly looks the part.

4)
Re-sign:
Daniel Coats, FB
Shayne Graham, PK
Brandon Johnson, OLB
TJ Houshmanzadeh, WR

Sign in FA:

Jon Kitna, QB ~ I agree with the OP, Kitna could be to Palmer what Batch is to Ben, veteran leader that has a certain bond.

Tra Thomas, OT ~ 1-2 year deal as an insurance policy for Collins.


7) Draft:


1a) Brian Orakpo - Morris brings the Tampa 2 and he knows you know a good weakside rusher, Odom and Smith before him have been great against the run, worthless against the pass. You have Sims inside already, and with Orakpo/Geathers on the edge, you should be able to generate a pretty healthy pass rush...

1b) Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma- Palmer never has had a TE that allows them to exploit other teams. Gresham is a nightmare waiting to happen. 6'6 262lbs and 4.6 speed. Amazing hands. He will cause Matchup issues all around, Linebackers won't be able to keep up with him and Safety's won't be able to out muscle him. Rivers-Gates, Roethlisberger-Miller, Flacco-Heap, Manning-Clark, Brady-Watson... I think this gives their offense something they've been lacking, A very potent between the hash marks game. I'm sorry I don't see Kelly as much and view Utecht as even less.

2a) Jonathon Luigs, C/G, Arkansas - One of the most technically sound interior players in the NCAA, I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of Mack whatsoever. Luigs starts at C as a rookie next to Whitworth and makes a huge impact.

2b) Victor Harris, CB/FS/RS, Virginia Tech - The secondary is missing some nastiness. Harris will flourish in a Tampa2 based scheme and has the ability to fit at CB or FS in that scheme.

3) Quan Cosby, WR/KR, Texas - I'm still not sold on the Bengal Rookies WR's when Holt is the only guy to replace Chad Johnson. Cosby has a nack of making big returns on kickoffs and he's a reliable WR that can deceptively stretch the field. He and TJ will play off each other extremely well.

4) Andy Levitre, OG, Oregon State ~ OSU's LT who will move inside. Not the biggest guy in the NCAA but one of the meanest, he struggles with lateral fanning out, but with him at RG he'll be able to just blow straight ahead and anchor in against DT's, his 2 strengths.

5) Scott McKillop, ILB, Pittsburgh - He won't wow you, but he'll do his job every play. He's the epitomy of a guy that won't win you games, but won't lose them. I'll be the first to admit that I haven't seen the Bengals this year outside of the Pitt games and a few plays of the Last ravens game. He'll be a solid Posluszny like Player.. He will stop the run and be decent in coverage.

6) Garrett Reynolds, OT, North Carolina - A big Brawny RT that could develop behind Stacy Andrews. Allowing them some depth at OT for a year or two.

7) Mitch King, DE/DT, Iowa - King gives you guys a rotational player and depth at every position. Sims and him in rotation or next to each other in obvious passing situations will make offensive lineman hate the Bengals.

UDFA:

Fui Vakapuna, RB - Bowling ball to give them a Short Yardage option.
Greg Carr, WR - Big/Slow but With some coaching could cause some matchup issues.
Nick Reed, DE - Special teamer Potential with some rotational DE value possibly.
Cody Moore, DT - Reminds me of Peko, but if he were a better passrusher and just a hair worse against the run. I htink he'd stick on.
Brian Toal, OLB - Seems like a perfect fit for a T2
Maurice Crum Jr. - Not the fastest guy but he's just at the ball all the time
Woodny Turenne - Another guy who seems perfect in a zone scheme.
__________________

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:58 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 919
Reputation: 155
rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default free agency

Ya I agree with pretty much everything you have stated. Only thing I am kind of hesitant on is your free agent signings but thats simply due to the fact that we almost never sign anyone worth a damn in FA.

I certainly agree with your free agent points. It's always"wait until the smoke clears" and the high priced guys are gone before we step into the mix and sign a couple fringe players. That may be an OK way of handling free agency IF you made smart draft day decisions and were a good team...that's just never been the case here.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 681
Reputation: 2012
Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Here's what I'd do.....

1) Look at your personnel. I think this team is a DE away fomr having a top notch tampa2 personnel. I'd look to bring in Raheem Morris the Secondary Coach of Tampa Bay. Young, Excitable, Energetic. This team needs a fresh start, image, and face. I think Raheem is the man.

2) I would give him full ability to hire coaches as he see's fit. I would suggest him looking into Ron Rivera since he does have quite a bit of familiarity of coordinating a Top defense with heavy T2 ties.

3) I agree, Chad Johnson has to go, that why 2 WR's were drafted. I wouldn't see a problem with them trading Malcontent LT Levi Jones. His heart isn't in it anymore, atleast there. I'm thinking he could draw a 2nd. Especially draft day for a team that missed out on the OL Run in the first.

I would assume that Chad Johnson (Like the OP) Goes to Philly for the Latter of 2 - 1sts.

Jones heads to Detroit for their 2nd as they go for Stafford in round 1.

Collins has shown to me that he has a ton of potential on the left side. I didn't like him coming out, but he certainly looks the part.

4)
Re-sign:
Daniel Coats, FB
Shayne Graham, PK
Brandon Johnson, OLB
TJ Houshmanzadeh, WR

Sign in FA:

Jon Kitna, QB ~ I agree with the OP, Kitna could be to Palmer what Batch is to Ben, veteran leader that has a certain bond.

Tra Thomas, OT ~ 1-2 year deal as an insurance policy for Collins.


7) Draft:


1a) Brian Orakpo - Morris brings the Tampa 2 and he knows you know a good weakside rusher, Odom and Smith before him have been great against the run, worthless against the pass. You have Sims inside already, and with Orakpo/Geathers on the edge, you should be able to generate a pretty healthy pass rush...

1b) Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma- Palmer never has had a TE that allows them to exploit other teams. Gresham is a nightmare waiting to happen. 6'6 262lbs and 4.6 speed. Amazing hands. He will cause Matchup issues all around, Linebackers won't be able to keep up with him and Safety's won't be able to out muscle him. Rivers-Gates, Roethlisberger-Miller, Flacco-Heap, Manning-Clark, Brady-Watson... I think this gives their offense something they've been lacking, A very potent between the hash marks game. I'm sorry I don't see Kelly as much and view Utecht as even less.

2a) Jonathon Luigs, C/G, Arkansas - One of the most technically sound interior players in the NCAA, I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of Mack whatsoever. Luigs starts at C as a rookie next to Whitworth and makes a huge impact.

2b) Victor Harris, CB/FS/RS, Virginia Tech - The secondary is missing some nastiness. Harris will flourish in a Tampa2 based scheme and has the ability to fit at CB or FS in that scheme.

3) Quan Cosby, WR/KR, Texas - I'm still not sold on the Bengal Rookies WR's when Holt is the only guy to replace Chad Johnson. Cosby has a nack of making big returns on kickoffs and he's a reliable WR that can deceptively stretch the field. He and TJ will play off each other extremely well.

4) Andy Levitre, OG, Oregon State ~ OSU's LT who will move inside. Not the biggest guy in the NCAA but one of the meanest, he struggles with lateral fanning out, but with him at RG he'll be able to just blow straight ahead and anchor in against DT's, his 2 strengths.

5) Scott McKillop, ILB, Pittsburgh - He won't wow you, but he'll do his job every play. He's the epitomy of a guy that won't win you games, but won't lose them. I'll be the first to admit that I haven't seen the Bengals this year outside of the Pitt games and a few plays of the Last ravens game. He'll be a solid Posluszny like Player.. He will stop the run and be decent in coverage.

6) Garrett Reynolds, OT, North Carolina - A big Brawny RT that could develop behind Stacy Andrews. Allowing them some depth at OT for a year or two.

7) Mitch King, DE/DT, Iowa - King gives you guys a rotational player and depth at every position. Sims and him in rotation or next to each other in obvious passing situations will make offensive lineman hate the Bengals.

UDFA:

Fui Vakapuna, RB - Bowling ball to give them a Short Yardage option.
Greg Carr, WR - Big/Slow but With some coaching could cause some matchup issues.
Nick Reed, DE - Special teamer Potential with some rotational DE value possibly.
Cody Moore, DT - Reminds me of Peko, but if he were a better passrusher and just a hair worse against the run. I htink he'd stick on.
Brian Toal, OLB - Seems like a perfect fit for a T2
Maurice Crum Jr. - Not the fastest guy but he's just at the ball all the time
Woodny Turenne - Another guy who seems perfect in a zone scheme.
Would Raheem Morris be our new Defensive Backs coach?
__________________

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 919
Reputation: 155
rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default O-line

THE primary objective has to be protecting THE FRANCHISE; Carson Palmer. Nothing should be done until we've used high picks and free agency to insure that. I like Collins, but he's played for parts of 2-3 games, surely not enough to hand him the LT job, and with Whit and Williams as our starting Guards along with the other guys, we have not been able to run the ball at all. Maybe Matt Birk or Jason Brown as a free agent and Andre Smith in rd 1, then, if we want to spend some late round picks on projects for the O-line I'm ok with that, but first thing has to be quality protection for Palmer
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Wallaceburg, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12,166
Reputation: 307331
Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'd say it all starts with a new HC. Lewis just hasn't got the job done and needs to go. Whoever Brown hires should have the authority to hire his coaches. Keeping Lewis = deadend.
We are a small market team with limited revenue so big FA signings aren't likely to occur. Maybe we could afford 1 and a few other fringe players but that is about it. Generally big name FA's will only sign with a team like Cincy if we overpay them, and usually don't pan out because they only came for the money in the 1st place. If they wanted to win, there is no way they choose Cincy.
A new HC usually involves at least a 25-50% turnover in personnel over 2 seasons as the new HC gets rid of the deadbeats on the team, so realistically we aren't looking at a quick fix but rather a 2 year rebuilding process.
Even if Smith falls to us I doubt we draft him. We need defense and more defense. We aren't going to win squat until our defense can actuially pressure the passer.
__________________
And proud of it!!!
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Aboard Serenity
Posts: 6,329
Reputation: 287529
themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott View Post
THE primary objective has to be protecting THE FRANCHISE; Carson Palmer. Nothing should be done until we've used high picks and free agency to insure that. I like Collins, but he's played for parts of 2-3 games, surely not enough to hand him the LT job, and with Whit and Williams as our starting Guards along with the other guys, we have not been able to run the ball at all. Maybe Matt Birk or Jason Brown as a free agent and Andre Smith in rd 1, then, if we want to spend some late round picks on projects for the O-line I'm ok with that, but first thing has to be quality protection for Palmer
At this point I am comfortable saying we don't need to go after a LT in the first round. I may catch some flack for that but honestly we should give AC at least a season to prove himself. He surpassed everyone's expectations in his first game against a very imposing defensive unit and he seems to have the athleticism to play LT. I honestly doubt he could play RT or Guard either. I think if we need to draft some lineman definitely but given our draft position we should go after a top Defensive player in the first and get what we can from there. We need a RT because in all likelihood Andrews is gone, and he obviously has shown thru his play this year he doesn't want to be here at all. A guy like Phil Loadholt could be the answer at RT for us. I think if we get a RT and a Center then draft maybe an OG late for depth our OL will improve tremendously.
__________________

^A Bonekrusher production^
#15
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 919
Reputation: 155
rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default loadholt

I think Loadholt is one of those guys that ends up at Guard. Did you see him against Orapko? He didn't even touch the guy half the time. I just don't think he can handle anyone with speed.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 286
Reputation: 5460
bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default

I really like what you have done here and I would love if something like this came through.

I would make only a few minor changes. First, I think if you are signing Dansby
and resigning Johnson, I don't think you have to use an early pick on LB. We have too many other needs. If we got Dansby to go along with Rivers, I would be fine with either Dhani or Johnson as the other starter. Second, I don't think Benson is the answer at RB. He is a journeyman at best and he strikes me as kind of soft. I'd look to address this need in the draft, maybe instead of Spikes in the 2nd round. Just seems like one of the biggest benefits of addressing a big need in FA (like LB) is that it frees you up to address other needs early in the draft.
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Aboard Serenity
Posts: 6,329
Reputation: 287529
themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott View Post
I think Loadholt is one of those guys that ends up at Guard. Did you see him against Orapko? He didn't even touch the guy half the time. I just don't think he can handle anyone with speed.
Possibly a Guard but he could probably play RT as well. He was the first guy who came to mind as I haven't really looked at many RTs yet.
__________________

^A Bonekrusher production^
#15
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Allons-y!
Posts: 9,542
Reputation: 2201884
Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Boone is another candidate for RT. Although I would take Loadholt over him
__________________

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.