Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 03-03-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran

hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Corey Dillion

He has been released by the Pats and just came out with this...

"Though the Jets have not made contact with Dillon's representative, Steven Feldman, the agent made it clear Dillon would be "extremely happy" to play for Eric Mangini." (New York Post)

He would be the perfect compliment to Leon and porbably a lot better than the Duckett solution

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

why would we want him? he's really old

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless we end up taking a guy like Michael Bush and are concerned about his injury so hold him out for most of this year, I don't see why we would sign Dillon. He is a one year stopgap at best, and even then he is an aging runner who is not that great anymore.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie

nyjets5125 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman View Post
why would we want him? he's really old
we could sign him to a short-term deal as a temporary power RB, and then wait until better RB's are on the market or within our reach in the draft
Old 03-03-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I could have sworn I saw a "Corey Dillon Retires" thread but I guess not.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3 View Post
I could have sworn I saw a "Corey Dillon Retires" thread but I guess not.
he said he would retire if they didnt release him or something like that
Old 03-03-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Oh, well I still would much rather have Henry than Dillon.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie

Quote:
Oh, well I still would much rather have Henry than Dillon.
same but i think dillon would be easier to get cuz im sure most teams feel the same way as us
Old 03-04-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
gio
Rookie

gio hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

he is too old and we cant wait yet again for another year without a premier back
Old 03-04-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gio View Post
he is too old and we cant wait yet again for another year without a premier back
We most certainly can. Sign Dillon for 2 years buying us time to get our RB of the feature to tag along with Leon.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie

Quote:
We most certainly can. Sign Dillon for 2 years buying us time to get our RB of the feature to tag along with Leon.
couldnt agree more, i would rather other RB's than dillon, but we can do with dillon-leon-ced for next year and the year after, especially because the next 2 drafts will be LOADED with RB's depeneding on who decides to come out early
Old 03-05-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

the only problem that i would have with signing him for a year or two would be that i would have to eat my words being as ive ruthlessly bad mouthed him for the last 3 or 4 years while hes been with the pats...that being said, having a bruising running back who wont tip toe between the tackles to compliment leon for a year or two wont be so bad...his productivity on the ground hasn't dropped off over the last 3 years ..12 tds, 12 tds, and 13 tds...i really think the biggest problem we have in scoring is our defensive not being able to stop the 3rd and outs we keep forcing...plusi will enjoy not having to face him twice a year, especially when were down in the 4th quarter....also, a couple year deal will allow us to be aggresive in signing turner next year when he becomes unrestricted or whoever else our organization feels so inclined to go after

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
the only problem that i would have with signing him for a year or two would be that i would have to eat my words being as ive ruthlessly bad mouthed him for the last 3 or 4 years while hes been with the pats...that being said, having a bruising running back who wont tip toe between the tackles to compliment leon for a year or two wont be so bad...his productivity on the ground hasn't dropped off over the last 3 years ..12 tds, 12 tds, and 13 tds...i really think the biggest problem we have in scoring is our defensive not being able to stop the 3rd and outs we keep forcing...plusi will enjoy not having to face him twice a year, especially when were down in the 4th quarter....also, a couple year deal will allow us to be aggresive in signing turner next year when he becomes unrestricted or whoever else our organization feels so inclined to go after
completely agree with every part of that, including the fact that i've ripped him as a pat, the only thing you didnt mention is not only FA for an RB in the next 2 years but saying that there will be great RB's in the next 2 drafts would be an understatement cuz depending on who comes out early the next 2 drafts will be loaded with RB