Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-30-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I don't think clutch is the right word. He was a nice little surprise with a great story, that's all.
Clutch. Definitely. lol. I agree with you though. I forgot the little sarcasm in the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
Wasn't that the year the Pack went 4-12?
Damn you for catching on.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:19 AM    (permalink
iBoldin
Veteran

iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jarious Jackson? Rockin' the CFL right now. He's done surprisingly well, absolute rocket for an arm.
iBoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rod Smart "He hate me" laughs at all of your favorites.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanO444 View Post
Amos Zereoue

First name I thought of...
oh wow! totally fogot about him, i was always a fan of his too.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
XFL represent.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
"7 awareness points separate me and the living embodiment of the perfect oxymoron".

- Ethan Albright
Old 12-01-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ben *** was a favorite of mine just because when I was a kid I thought it was a hilarious last name.

Also, can't forget Lee Suggs!

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cody Pickett.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:44 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

William Green. I thought he was gonna be a beast.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:45 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:50 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
William Green. I thought he was gonna be a beast.
Poor Cleveland. Two promising young guys close to each other as far as age (Suggs), and neither of them panned out.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:02 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kwame Lassiter
David Boston
Fred Wakefield

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:11 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robert Smith

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:17 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of these are really good--Troy Hambrick, Amos Zereoue, William Green, A-Train, Domanick Davis is one that I thought of earlier today (ironic that he was the first guy mentioned).

A few others--Cade McNown, Chad Hutchinson, Jon Ritchie (miss that guy...), Deltha O'Neal, Tory James, Reuben Droughns, Brett Favre...

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:29 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Mr. Whizzinator, AKA Onterrio Smith
Old 12-01-2008, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice one there NIP
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:42 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ladanian Tomlinson....
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:51 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Nice one there NIP
I know that last one was really obscure, but I just miss hearing about him so much...

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kareem Abdul-Jabar

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:36 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Remember when Eddie Drummond was the "better" version of Dante Hall? Or when Jerome Mathis was the "better" version of Eddie Drummond? Yeah. All 3 of those guys fell of the face of the earth. (I know that Hall is with the Rams and Drummond is somewhere (Steelers?)... Mathis is just out of sight though... Justin Miller got similar props from ESPN--he's with the Raiders now, but he's nowhere near the threat that he was that one year. So many of these return guys are like that--Hall probably had the best longevity, but that was, what? 3 years? 4 years that he was feared?

That's partially why I'm not too hot into the Devin Hester and Ted Ginn Jr. return-only guys because they'll likely come down to earth (or fall off the face of it) after a couple years. Guys like Hester and Ginn need to find a place outside of special teams if they want a prolonged career in the NFL.

Oldie but a goodie.

Last edited by nobodyinparticular : 12-01-2008 at 02:42 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:44 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a huge Chad Jackson fan.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:46 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great topic. Gonna go real old school on this one:

Gaston Green, RB, Denver:
Had a very nice year for the Broncos back in the early 90s. As my Boys were just climbing back up from the cellar at the time, I had sort of been watching other teams a lot and picked up on a few favs. I was a pseudo Bronco fan at the time because I loved Elway. Anyhow, the guy tore it up for a stretch, everyone thought they had found their RB of the future and then like that!...he's gone.

Reggie Cobb, RB Tampa Bay:
Little bit of the same story, but this time my interest stemmed from an irrational premonition that the guy was going to be great, leading me to start collecting his football cards. Still have them to this day....two whole pages of Reggie frickin Cobb.

Germane Crowell, WR, Detroit:
Dude had one HUGE season for the Lions, causing my friend, who is like a Lion-fan-in-hiding to go out and buy his jersey....don't know what happened to him, but he was out of the league before long.

Tim Harris, DE, GB/SF:
This guy came on the scene during the heated SF/Dal rivalry of the early 90s. Got traded from GB to SF for some reason that I can't remember, but I think he was a headcase of some sort. He had one HUUUUUUGEEEEEE season for the Niners, I think he might have even led the league in sacks. He used to do this pistol dance after every sack he got. My bro--huge Niner fan--used to rave about him being their Reggie White. Lmao. Never had another season like it, and I think he even got cut/traded within a year or two.

Barry Foster, RB, Pitt:
The ultimate one year wonder. I'm sure all Cowboy and Steeler fans remember the magical 1992 race for the rushing crown. It came down to the last week of the season, with Emmitt narrowly edging out Barry for the title. I still (and probably always will) have the exact numbers committed to memory. Emmitt finished with 1713, while Foster ended with 1690. This led to all of the ill-fated "guess the Lions don't even have the best Barry in the league" jokes from some quarters. In hindsight? Not so much.

Bobby Humphrey, RB, Denver:
I promise its the last Bronco RB on my list. The dude was awesome for two consecutive years. 88 and 89, iirc, but it could have been 89 and 90. Either way, everyone thought he was going to be a great one, and he inexplicably fell apart. Still crushing to the Bronco fans who went through it.

Pat Swilling, LB, NO:
Might not deserve to be on this list, but was an unstoppable force coming off the edge in the old Saint 3-4 defense. The guy was DeMarcus Ware before there was a DeMarcus Ware. To be fair, he had several unbelievable seasons before getting traded to Detroit. And since we all know that Detroit is where all good players go to die......

I could go on all day, but these are the first that came to mind. Great stuff so far, btw, to everyone.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:47 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I was a huge Chad Jackson fan.
I remember. ;)

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:53 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Great topic. Gonna go real old school on this one:

Gaston Green, RB, Denver:
Had a very nice year for the Broncos back in the early 90s. As my Boys were just climbing back up from the cellar at the time, I had sort of been watching other teams a lot and picked up on a few favs. I was a pseudo Bronco fan at the time because I loved Elway. Anyhow, the guy tore it up for a stretch, everyone thought they had found their RB of the future and then like that!...he's gone.

Reggie Cobb, RB Tampa Bay:
Little bit of the same story, but this time my interest stemmed from an irrational premonition that the guy was going to be great, leading me to start collecting his football cards. Still have them to this day....two whole pages of Reggie frickin Cobb.

Germane Crowell, WR, Detroit:
Dude had one HUGE season for the Lions, causing my friend, who is like a Lion-fan-in-hiding to go out and buy his jersey....don't know what happened to him, but he was out of the league before long.

Tim Harris, DE, GB/SF:
This guy came on the scene during the heated SF/Dal rivalry of the early 90s. Got traded from GB to SF for some reason that I can't remember, but I think he was a headcase of some sort. He had one HUUUUUUGEEEEEE season for the Niners, I think he might have even led the league in sacks. He used to do this pistol dance after every sack he got. My bro--huge Niner fan--used to rave about him being their Reggie White. Lmao. Never had another season like it, and I think he even got cut/traded within a year or two.

Barry Foster, RB, Pitt:
The ultimate one year wonder. I'm sure all Cowboy and Steeler fans remember the magical 1992 race for the rushing crown. It came down to the last week of the season, with Emmitt narrowly edging out Barry for the title. I still (and probably always will) have the exact numbers committed to memory. Emmitt finished with 1713, while Foster ended with 1690. This led to all of the ill-fated "guess the Lions don't even have the best Barry in the league" jokes from some quarters. In hindsight? Not so much.

Bobby Humphrey, RB, Denver:
I promise its the last Bronco RB on my list. The dude was awesome for two consecutive years. 88 and 89, iirc, but it could have been 89 and 90. Either way, everyone thought he was going to be a great one, and he inexplicably fell apart. Still crushing to the Bronco fans who went through it.

Pat Swilling, LB, NO:
Might not deserve to be on this list, but was an unstoppable force coming off the edge in the old Saint 3-4 defense. The guy was DeMarcus Ware before there was a DeMarcus Ware. To be fair, he had several unbelievable seasons before getting traded to Detroit. And since we all know that Detroit is where all good players go to die......

I could go on all day, but these are the first that came to mind. Great stuff so far, btw, to everyone.
I remember most of these guys. Cobb, Foster, Harris and of course Swilling for sure. Swilling came back from the dead (also known as two years in Detroit) and put up 13 sacks in '95 with the Raiders. After that, he had 8 more sacks from '96-'98. But I certainly remember that good year with the Raiders.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:57 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

K-jana Carter.