Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-15-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shut up boe you troll.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Shut up boe you troll.
SO SAY WE ALL!
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched the Pilot last night. Awesome awesome awesome.

From IRC;

[05:12] <comahan> seriously, it is its own awesome standalone show that you need no prior knowledge of anything BSG to understand, but theres a lot of small things that make bsg fanatics like myself squeal like a schoolgirl with happiness.

Its everything BSG is in terms of great acting, great writing, great characters, great story, so on and so forth, it just doesnt take place in space or have space battles or any of that jive.

Just a trememdous piece or dramatic Sci Fi. And one without a crappy name like Battlestar Galactica. Maybe "Caprica" wont drive away people before they try it.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sadly, I never got down on this series of BSG. I've watched a few times and what i saw was great, but like many other things, I'm sure if you don't get in from the first, you get lost in plot points and so on. Perhaps I'll go back and buy the DVD's and watch from the beginning.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Sadly, I never got down on this series of BSG. I've watched a few times and what i saw was great, but like many other things, I'm sure if you don't get in from the first, you get lost in plot points and so on. Perhaps I'll go back and buy the DVD's and watch from the beginning.
For sure. It is not a show you can start watching halfway through and completely appreciate. I recommend the show to pretty much everyone I know and those who have actually gone back to the beginning and watched it from there love it. Unfortunately many people just don't have the time or drive to do that. It helps that I can lend the series to most people I recommend it to which makes it a lot easier for them and ends up making them feel like they have to watch it. It is just such a great show and so far nobody that I have lent the show to has disliked it. It looks like Caprica has the potential to be every bit as good as BSG which is pretty exciting.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Thats the only way to do it. You need to watch BSG from the mini-series then in the correct episode order to understand the show.

The Caprica pilot was very good. Show has a lot of potential. As far as it getting picked up, it already has, the actual series will begin January 2010.

What's funny is, at least at first, Caprica might not actually be Sci-Fi enough for the Sci-Fi channel. Ive already seen Sci-Fi fans complaining that it is too dramatic with out enough fighting and space. Hopefully it can draw crossover viewers who traditionally arent very interested in shows on the Sci-Fi channel, because Caprica may need them to survive.

Also, Ive heard people talking over and over about the presence, or lack there of, of 'skinjobs'. In a way it solves this with the virtual reality world and 'avatar' idea that it puts forth. That while the technology that the actual humanoid bodies are made of is yet to exist, the technology to make their personality (their 'soul') human does.

There is so much speculation you could do about the actual skinjob models, there is nothing in BSG that says more of the older/original skinjobs didn't come over from Earth long in the past and stayed hidden. Whether or not they delve into the whole cycle 'it has happened before, will happen again' storyline at all remains to be seen. But it does seem theyre bringing in a lot of the BSG writers for Caprica, so the possibilities are there.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote