Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 14 Discussion Thread

Big game for Pittsburgh this week. Must win for Dallas IMO. I think we shut them down and take TO and co. out of their games.

Should be a good one.

Another good game looks to be Baltimore and Washington.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
zCaddyz
Rookie

zCaddyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Cant wait for monday night, very big game for the bucs! i use to get worried when we played them but i trust in garica too get us the w.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs v. Broncos!!! Who wins this test of greatness!!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles vs. Giants this week. Should be a doozy.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So excited for Bucs Panthers. I think Bucs have the better defense, they just need the o-line and running game to show up like last time. Also some better play calling from Gruden would be nice, last week he had way too many shotgun formations on 2nd and 6 and 3rd and 2. Run the ball!

Cowboys Steelers is a great matchup but I think DAL is going to have way more urgency in this one. PIT just needs to beat BAL once more to win the division (though that is going to be a lot harder this time around), but DAL is fighting for their playoff lives so they have way more on the line.

Eagles Giants could be good but I dont buy into McNabb's great game from last week. ARI defense isnt very good. Giants handled them at philly and should do the same again.

Ravens Redskins does not look very good now that WAS is in a free fall. They desperately need this game, but remember what happened to WAS when they played the Steelers? I think we might see that again.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who wants a sig bet on the Pitt/Dallas game?
Old 12-03-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Falcons beat the Saints we are almost guarenteed 10 wins with a game against the Rams in week 17, the 16th and final game of the season.

That should go a long way towards guarenteeing a playoff spot.

We also play the Vikings in like week 16, game 15, and they should be without Kevin Williams and Pat Williams (no relation).

The Buccaneers next week I believe.

We, the Falcons, have an excellent shot at the playoffs if we win tomarrow.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Me.

If I win the sig says 'Just another reason we aren't making the playoffs...and the Falcons are."

But I don't make signatures.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Just win or lose or are we betting the line? I think you guys get in at 10-6 but I see PItt winning to keep one game ahead of baltimore and possible us beating you as well depending on who's healthy that week for us.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's possible that Whitner and Schobel play this week. Would be something. Definitely expect Whitner.
But it's also possible that JP Losman does, as well. Sorry, Canada.

NFC South games this week should be fantastic, I hope I get to see the Saints-Falcons game. The rare 4 o'clock Bills game means I won't be seeing Dallas-Pittsburgh, unfortunately. Ah well. Back to the winning ways, regardless of foreign countries and JP's take on the neckbeard.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
too bad the announcers are gonna talk about Plaxico the whole game which will take away from some good ol' NFC east smashmouth football!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
It's possible that Whitner and Schobel play this week. Would be something. Definitely expect Whitner.
But it's also possible that JP Losman does, as well. Sorry, Canada.

NFC South games this week should be fantastic, I hope I get to see the Saints-Falcons game. The rare 4 o'clock Bills game means I won't be seeing Dallas-Pittsburgh, unfortunately. Ah well. Back to the winning ways, regardless of foreign countries and JP's take on the neckbeard.
I would love to see Grossman vs JP in Canada. We could potential see the single game INT record doubled.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Me.

If I win the sig says 'Just another reason we aren't making the playoffs...and the Falcons are."

But I don't make signatures.
Alright. If one of the Steelers homers (i'm looking at you stiller) doesn't step up, then we'll do it.

Yours will say something about Matt Ryan and Bobby Petrino. lol
Old 12-04-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Alright. If one of the Steelers homers (i'm looking at you stiller) doesn't step up, then we'll do it.

Yours will say something about Matt Ryan and Bobby Petrino. lol
Am I a homer?
Old 12-04-2008, 12:50 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ill do it just for fun.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:32 AM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Packers vs. Texans, massive game, if we lose this it really is all over. I expect a win though.
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
too bad the announcers are gonna talk about Plaxico the whole game which will take away from some good ol' NFC east smashmouth football!
Did something happen to Plaxico? It hasn't been in the news at all.

:D
Old 12-04-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
They are pretty much done anyway. But there will be nothing more satisfying than ending the Eagles season. Not one group of players or fans I hate more.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:30 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Am I a homer?
From what i have seen, no, you're not. At least not on the levels that some of your fellow Steelers fans are. The reason i would prefer to do one with them is cause i know their insides would twist if they had to use a sig saying something remotely negative about James Harrisonz or Roethlisbergeerrzzzzz.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
From what i have seen, no, you're not. At least not on the levels that some of your fellow Steelers fans are. The reason i would prefer to do one with them is cause i know their insides would twist if they had to use a sig saying something remotely negative about James Harrisonz or Roethlisbergeerrzzzzz.
So if I were to agree on the sig bet, you wouldnt do it with me?
Old 12-04-2008, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
If the Cowboys win and you say anything bad about LaMarr Woodley, I will hurt you.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's ready for another stellar Thursday night matchup??

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
So if I were to agree on the sig bet, you wouldnt do it with me?
Okay, maybe. Just cause you're Hines!
Old 12-04-2008, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Weather forecasts for the Cowboys vs. Steelers game in Pittsburgh this Sunday call for a high of 31 degrees with snow and wind.

The Cowboys' aerial attack could be slowed but Marion Barber might deserve an upgrade. The Heinz Field playing surface is going to be even rougher than usual.

FWIW
Old 12-04-2008, 02:21 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

With weather like that I'm really liking the steelers. That defense was able to slow our running game, poor marion barber isn't going to see anything except for white and steelers flying out of the whiteness to hit him the 8 times a game Garrett decides to run the ball.