Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If i were a raiders fan, Id be down at Al davis house with a loaded gun. Good god do the raiders suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JaMarcus carted off the field with a heavy limp
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't know Justin Miller was on the Raiders. I guess the Raiders officially have one player that I like
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How in the hell can a player that has such a lack of focus in life graduate from a school like Stanford? Kwame Harris YOU SUCK!
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty bush by NFLN to get Marty Schottenheimer on a phone interview but only ring him up to talk about him getting fired by the Chargers. But at least talk with the guy on other things. Ask him about LDT or Merriman or the Raiders or other teams in the league. Come on, not to mention this all happened a year-and-a-half ago. Stupid move by NFLN imo.

The only relevant thing of interest in the whole thing was Marty saying he's not really looking to get back into coaching (at this time).
Old 12-04-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sad that the Raiders couldn't see the Sproles screen play coming.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damnit sproles stop taking screens and tds from LT!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who thinks that despite his amazing QB rating and tons of TD passes, River's is only average this year?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that despite his amazing QB rating and tons of TD passes, River's is only average this year?
Damn you and your random apostrophes!

I like Rivers a whole lot more than most, so my opinion would be biased. But I think he's gotten a lot better as a QB.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talk about an ass whoopin' ...

And the TD is coming back.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Damn you and your random apostrophes!

I like Rivers a whole lot more than most, so my opinion would be biased. But I think he's gotten a lot better as a QB.
Oh ****. My bad. I am usually good about these things :(

He was very unimpressive against the Falcons. I know its one game, but eh. His pocket presence is not outstanding (might be barely average) and he seems to hold onto the ball for a tiny bit longer then he should (in my opinion).

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 12-04-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He didn't play well against the Falcons, or a few teams really in this past stretch. But overall he's done a great job slinging it this season.

Whenever he has time he can get in the zone. Our line has been collapsing like crazy this season though. His release is actually pretty darn quick, but he's not getting a lot of time in the pocket.

Last edited by CC.SD : 12-04-2008 at 10:49 PM.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers has really only had two poor games this season, week 4 @ OAK and more recently week 11 @ PIT.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Rivers has really only had two poor games this season, week 4 @ OAK and more recently week 11 @ PIT.
He was dreadful against Miami as well.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:03 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
He was dreadful against Miami as well.
Roth and Porter destroyed us that game though, it was almost comical.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's because he's not playing injured this year. You break his legs, and he'll be great again.

All morbid kidding aside, it seems that way because he's not as clutch as he was in previous years. I miss his fourth quarter comebacks. He was amazing in 2006 and at the end of the stretch in 2007.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:33 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, yes you are.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Okay. I change my statement from him being average to him being good, not great, as his 102 QB rating might suggest. If I see a 102 QB rating, I am expecting the QBs to making pin point passes, overcoming other difficulties to make plays. I think Rivers benefits a lot from athletic play by his WRs and TEs.

Maybe I am just putting too much into the Atlanta game. I expected him to do well, but his pocket presence and accuracy were very sub par. I had thought of him as an MVP candidate early in the season (if the Chargers picked it up) and I guess I was left disappointed.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:39 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Okay. I change my statement from him being average to him being good, not great, as his 102 QB rating might suggest. If I see a 102 QB rating, I am expecting the QBs to making pin point passes, overcoming other difficulties to make plays. I think Rivers benefits a lot from athletic play by his WRs and TEs.

Maybe I am just putting too much into the Atlanta game. I expected him to do well, but his pocket presence and accuracy were very sub par. I had thought of him as an MVP candidate early in the season (if the Chargers picked it up) and I guess I was left disappointed.
Remember he's doing this without a true #1 target at WR. Essentially Chris Chambers, Vincent Jackson, Malcolm Floyd, and Buster Davis are all #2 WRs at best. That's why I think the Chargers should make a run at trading for Chad Ocho Cinco. That offense is a blue collar lunch pail offense and adding a colorful productive #1 threat like Ocho Cinco would do wonders for the fan base. Guys like Tomlinson would be able to keep him under control in the locker room as well.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

What can I say except that it sucks when you don't have a running game. The oline hasn't been great since 2006. Even last year was disappointing. The pass protection in that game was also suspect especially seeing some of LT's failed efforts to chip a guy on some key passing plays.

Even without a running game, Rivers had been keeping us in a lot of the games this year. Heck, we would have won more games if it wasn't for the defense ie. Carolina and Denver.

Edit: I would also like to add that the biggest knock that I have against Rivers is that he can't throw an out with any real velocity at all. Hopefully, he can improve on this aspect like he did with his pocket presence.

Last edited by Xenos : 12-05-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing this game was good for was winning money on the Chargers -9. The first half was laughable and the second half was snoozable

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Remember he's doing this without a true #1 target at WR. Essentially Chris Chambers, Vincent Jackson, Malcolm Floyd, and Buster Davis are all #2 WRs at best. That's why I think the Chargers should make a run at trading for Chad Ocho Cinco. That offense is a blue collar lunch pail offense and adding a colorful productive #1 threat like Ocho Cinco would do wonders for the fan base. Guys like Tomlinson would be able to keep him under control in the locker room as well.
If we're getting a Bengal, it would probably be TJ.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:42 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
The only thing this game was good for was winning money on the Chargers -9. The first half was laughable and the second half was snoozable
The Chargers went very vanilla on offense in the second half to avoid injuries to their star players. They didn't bring in the subs because the starters need the confidence boost and momentum going into next week but they weren't going to put them in harms way
Old 12-05-2008, 12:44 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
If we're getting a Bengal, it would probably be TJ.
I think Ocho Cinco would do wonders for the fickle fan base that has trouble truly rallying behind their players. Ocho Cinco is at the very worst entertaining and will keep the team in conversation. You don't know how angry it makes me to live in San Diego and listen to these fans call into local radio shows blasting LT for being "old" because he's not running for 1500 yards and 25 TDs
Old 12-05-2008, 12:48 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Yeah. I am probably putting too much stock in the Falcons game. Though I do like Vincent Jackson and Malcolm Floyd. They may be bad in some areas, but they make it up for the some great grabs.