Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:49 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Yeah. I am probably putting too much stock in the Falcons game. Though I do like Vincent Jackson and Malcolm Floyd. They may be bad in some areas, but they make it up for the some great grabs.
I agree. I love Malcolm Floyd. There was a 3 game stretch where every time the Chargers needed a big play they went to Malcolm Floyd.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:54 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I agree. I love Malcolm Floyd. There was a 3 game stretch where every time the Chargers needed a big play they went to Malcolm Floyd.
As a Vincent Jackson fantasy owner, I know :(

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:29 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah. I am probably putting too much stock in the Falcons game. Though I do like Vincent Jackson and Malcolm Floyd. They may be bad in some areas, but they make it up for the some great grabs.
Rivers has days where he is ridiculously on the money; he is not the most consistent QB but usually plays very sharp.

Ocho Cinco? Lawlz. With Floyd and Jackson both showing they can be big time, and Chambers, Gates and LT (and Sproles. Hester looks nice too. don't forget Naanee...) all deserving of their touches as well, we don't need more offensive skill position players. They do need a serious boost on the O-line, there is defensive penetration all over the place.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:39 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You think we can be productive with no real #1 target at WR? We need that wr that defenses plan their game around to keep under control. With Chambers as our #1 we have mediocre starters. I have to agree with SK because Ive been looking into that Ocho Cinco to the chargers ever since i heard he wanted to be traded, we have too many leaders on our team to let a guy like 85 get out of line.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:55 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacob Hester is a terrible FB. He is half the reason LT is sucking this year.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 12-05-2008, 03:02 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Except that Hester has only played FB in the last two games. Mike Tolbert was the starter for most of the season
Old 12-05-2008, 05:44 AM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
You think we can be productive with no real #1 target at WR? We need that wr that defenses plan their game around to keep under control. With Chambers as our #1 we have mediocre starters. I have to agree with SK because Ive been looking into that Ocho Cinco to the chargers ever since i heard he wanted to be traded, we have too many leaders on our team to let a guy like 85 get out of line.
You don't think Vincent Jackson can develop into a nice #1 receiver for you guys?
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 05:48 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
You don't think Vincent Jackson can develop into a nice #1 receiver for you guys?
Vincent Jackson's too inconsistent to ever really be a #1. He disappears for stretches at a time. He's a real good #2 though. Like I said before the Chargers WR corps is filled with #2 WRs with Chambers and Jackson being top tier #2s and Floys and Davis having potential to be good #2s. They really need that one guy who commands a double team on every possession.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:41 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hester has barely seen the field this year. His only real play time has come last night and the week before, and he showed he can contribute.

Considering how awful we've been on third down, I can see a receiving fullback coming in handy.

I don't really agree with the notion that we have a bunch of number 2 guys--I think when this offense is running like it's supposed to, the number 1 is Gates, the other guys are legit downfield threats, and the main engine is unleashing LT. That's not how we've looked this year for the most part, but we've got the personnel at the skill positions.

I'd much rather spend money on fixing our D and O-line than bringing in a joker like Chad Johnson.

Last edited by CC.SD : 12-05-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Hester has barely seen the field this year. His only real play time has come last night and the week before, and he showed he can contribute.

Considering how awful we've been on third down, I can see a receiving fullback coming in handy.

I don't really agree with the notion that we have a bunch of number 2 guys--I think when this offense is running like it's supposed to, the number 1 is Gates, the other guys are legit downfield threats, and the main engine is unleashing LT. That's not how we've looked this year for the most part, but we've got the personnel at the skill positions.

I'd much rather spend money on fixing our D and O-line than bringing in a joker like Chad Johnson.
I agree with this now that I think about it. We need two dlineman (one to replace Igor) and another to eventually replace Jamal, and at least another olineman to replace Goff. We need a running game to take the pressure off of Rivers. In other words, we need some beef on the lines.

Additionally, it's hard to make the type of deep throws that Norv wants when the line can't hold up during 5 or 7 step drops.

Last edited by Xenos : 12-05-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They can make great acrobatic catches, but they can't consistently get separation. The downside of having the height advantage over corners. VJ and Floyd are improving though, and I don't think we need a number 1 necessarily to do well. It all comes down to the beef up front. The NYG have shown how invaluable that is.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am calling it now

Chiefs 34
Broncos 29

WOOT WOOT!

T Thig 21-30 275 3 TDS!

**wakes up***
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I am calling it now

Chiefs 34
Broncos 29

WOOT WOOT!

T Thig 21-30 275 3 TDS!

**wakes up***
Hey, it can happen. Denver's been inconsistent as well. I just have to hope for a gigantic collapse like the one similar to the first meeting between you two, and then there's the fact that Denver did lose to Oakland for some reason.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I am calling it now

Chiefs 34
Broncos 29

WOOT WOOT!

T Thig 21-30 275 3 TDS!

**wakes up***
Hey, don't wake up, it already happened once this season. Chiefs or Bills take advantage of Denver's D, then just maybe Carolina can deliver a miracle to the Bolts and make the season finale showdown mean something. Is that so inconceivable?

**wakes up**
Old 12-05-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VJax is great at times, but he isnt that explosive #1 WR that i want on this team. Having a TE as our #1 im not big on because Rivers is developing into a great QB and I want him to have that Legit #1 that he can rely on.

Thats why i said WR in the FA

But draft the other needs

OG/T (clary)
ILB
S
DT/DE

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
VJax is great at times, but he isnt that explosive #1 WR that i want on this team. Having a TE as our #1 im not big on because Rivers is developing into a great QB and I want him to have that Legit #1 that he can rely on.

Thats why i said WR in the FA

But draft the other needs

OG/T (clary)
ILB
S
DT/DE
I think Floyd finally (FINALLY) developing will be enough of an added ooomph at WR for us; I'm high on Legedu Naanee as well and don't think the coaching staff will give up on Buster Davis quiiiiite yet.

Although I'd like to see a Buster Davis for Michael Bush swap, I think that'd fill a hole for both squads, as much as dealing with the Raiders bothers me.

I know I'm harping on this, but Rivers is just not getting enough time to go through his reads; when he does get time he performs off the charts. O-line>WR this offseason by far.

Jackson, as much as I hate to say it, is STILL developing. He's finally started using his arms this year and lord knows he's big and fast enough to be a number 1. btw, when did his numbers get so good? 44 receptions for 851 yards and 6 tds, with 19.3 per catch.

Pretty nice for a guy who's dropped in and out of the offense quite a bit. He'll be our first 1,000 yard receiver since...since...Tony Martin? If that's right, we suck. It may go back even further, I know Boston didn't do it. Gates did as a TE I guess.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Hester has only started for 2 games? I see I got my facts wrong then.

He is still a pretty bad blocking FB though. I do not see why the Chargers need a receiving FB with LT/Sproles and Gates.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Hester has only started for 2 games? I see I got my facts wrong then.

He is still a pretty bad blocking FB though. I do not see why the Chargers need a receiving FB with LT/Sproles and Gates.
Well he made at least one key block last night, on the goal line, which means he's up on Mike Tolbert by an infinite margin. And he's got some soft hands.

But yah I'm not a huge fan of the pick, essentially we gave up a 2nd for him. So if he be a tricky, forgotten option on third downs, I'll take it for now.

Your AVI is hilarious, btw.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really like Malcolm Floyd... but im disappointed that chambers and buster davis hasnt made more contribution... whats been wrong with chambers? injured? or just underperforming>

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:30 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
i really like Malcolm Floyd... but im disappointed that chambers and buster davis hasnt made more contribution... whats been wrong with chambers? injured? or just underperforming>
Chambers got injured in the Dolphins game, and Malcolm Floyd actually took over his spot while he recovered. He's suppose to be completely healed but he has disappeared. I suspect the biggest reason for his disappearance is that the running game has been nonexistent and that a lot of time is devoted to coverage. We're too one dimensional this year.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
We've been rotating receivers a lot and Chambers hasn't gotten many looks. I suspect his ankle is still bothering him quite a bit, he was running like the wind early in the season, no problems getting behind a defense, and now he's invisible.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
dc22
Veteran

dc22 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

looks like woodson is starting at safety for the packers
dc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barber didnt travel to Pittsburgh. Choice will be starting.

I'm still worried about Romo.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:00 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc22 View Post
looks like woodson is starting at safety for the packers
Yeah, second week in a row. Last week he played fairly well considering the switch but he made a couple mistakes just from the mindset of being a corner first. He didnt cover well over the top but he should play alot better. We need him to double Andre the Giant.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plaxico is on the game ticket for todays matchup between the Giants and Eagles. The irony is hilarious.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote