Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Steelers I believe Gabe Rivera would've been a beast. Senor Sack from Texas Tech. He started slow in the 1983 season but started to show signs of being unblockable. Then bam, Car Accident. Never played again.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barry Sanders it was a mental handicap...if he didnt quit he still had like 3-4 years left in the tank...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
Barry Sanders it was a mental handicap...if he didnt quit he still had like 3-4 years left in the tank...
Being on the Lions gave him that mental handicap..

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
He did, easily..but like the poster said, he was on the lions. He wouldn't get close to that superbowl ring. He still has cemented himself arguably as the greatest RB in the history of the NFL (at least that's my opinion)

In my short lifetime though, I wonder how Jevon Kearse would have been without the injuries. Mind you during his first 3 years in the league before injury, he averaged 12 sacks. After his first foot injury and every injury thereafter, he averaged about 5 sacks for the next 7 seasons. What he could have been for the Titans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.

Last edited by aNYtitan : 12-03-2008 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Edit
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Barry wanted the fame and attention that would come with the rushing title, I mean honestly, who retires that close to the record knowing full well they would be breaking it shortly? I just don't think he wanted it, that and the Lions were crap so he wouldn't be competing for anything, but he didn't have a desire to play for anyone else either, he just walked away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't blame Barry for wanted to be able to walk when he's 50.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Curt Warner for the Seahawks. He had a pretty decent career, but he blew his ACL in his second year. He had a couple of good years after the injury, but he never really seemed the same.

The guy led the AFC in rushing in his rookie year.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a SUPERSTAR but I really liked David Pollack coming out of college and thought the Bengals had a star in the making on their hands.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Frank Gore could have been amazing has he not blown out both knees....just look how good he is without knees...
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would have been a hall of famer.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fred. Taylor.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

If people are able to bring in Barry, then you gotta talk about Jim Brown and his injury being the racial backgorund of the time as his injury for leaving in his prime.

Dont get me wrong I love Barry, and I give him props for sticking up to a terrible management team and walking away instead of trying to force a trade/release TO. "just because you are the best person on this team doesn't mean you deserve to be the highest paid" this is what Barry had to deal with from the GM. Thats horrible, Barry basically got the fans in the stands to pay that jack a**es salary. Barry was very classy player, and the team tried to spin it as negatively on Barry as possible, frickin terrible Front Office.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
P01ntb1ank
Rookie

P01ntb1ank is a cocksman.P01ntb1ank is a cocksman.P01ntb1ank is a cocksman.

Can't believe no one mentioned Ernie Davis yet. I just couldn't even imagine the Browns offense with him and Jim Brown. Tis a shame we never really got to see him play pro football.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boobie Miles and Gerry Bertier

Hands down. No questions asked.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had Q never been injuried his stats might look something like this

547 Catches
7138 Yards
44 TD

lol and still would only be 1/3 of the way to Jerry Rice

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah easily Bo Jackson. Until Vick came along he was the definition of a freak.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcus Dupree
Steve Emtman
Darryl Stingley
Tony Boselli
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P01ntb1ank View Post
Can't believe no one mentioned Ernie Davis yet. I just couldn't even imagine the Browns offense with him and Jim Brown. Tis a shame we never really got to see him play pro football.
The Express was a pretty good movie. I honestly had no idea who he was until I saw the film and I must say it was pretty good. It is a shame what happened to him though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Fred. Taylor.
There's an argument that can be made for this. He's still going though. For how long? Who knows..

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:40 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Bo Jackson, it's not even debatable.
Brett Favre has the same " disorder" as Bo.

Sterling. :(

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This wasnt for injuries but imagine if Steve Young didnt play for the buc's or sat the bench for so many years in San Fran wonder how much higher his numbers would of been.

Barry Sanders would of had the record easily if he didnt retire ..or what would he have done behind Emmit Smith's Oline in Dallas.

Or if Bo never got hurt and played football all year ...wonder how many 2000+yard seasons he could of accomplished. AD is the second coming of Bo he might not be as physically talented as BO was but he runs with the same dominance.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:49 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one they call Q...

Quincy Carter
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:52 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Boobie Miles and Gerry Bertier

Hands down. No questions asked.
your forgetting Jason Street and Sean Porter, prolly even more out there.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:59 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pfft Kyle Boller.... would have been a beast this year...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:16 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol this is where it goes downhill I see.

In that case... Alex Smith.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:49 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me just say... Charles Woodson...

Look at him right now. Here he is at 32 years old and playing like a top 5 CB after having a ton of injuries. For so many years, he suffered from a recurring turf toe injury. He was still an All-Pro in 2000 (by SI) even though he had to play through pain the whole season! For the final 4 years of his time in Oakland, he battled injury-riddled season after injury-riddled season. He suffered so many injuries that some people thought he was done after his contract was up with Oakland. Then he comes to Green Bay, takes a year to get healthy and back on track and plays great the next two years as he heads into his 30s.

Imagine if those years that should have been his prime had been healthy years. He basically came into the league as an All-Pro. He sustained that for a few years and then injuries derailed his young career. Those 4 or 5 years of injuries then become some of his best and we see him, not as a comeback player in his 30s, but as a player who has now been playing as one of the best right along with Champ Bailey (and even before) for the last decade. He'd been well on his way to Canton, just needing the formality of a few more seasons at CB, then making a move to FS ala Rod Woodson.

On a lesser note, I'd love to see what Sam Williams of the Raiders could have done without any injuries. When the Raiders drafted him in the 3rd round of the 2003 draft, he was a 6'5" 260lb beast who ran a 4.6 40 and he was being moved to RDE. Three huge knee and a couple high ankle sprains (darn you Atlanta cut blockers!) injuries later, he is still limping around with the Raiders as a special teams player and a part time SLB, but he lacks explosion and his development has been severely stunted. Even so, when the Raiders played the Falcons in Atlanta (in 2006 I believe), Sam Williams' only job was to spy Michael Vick and he did a superb job of absolutely shutting him down for most of the game. Then on a high-low chop block, Sam Williams cleat got caught on the turf and he suffered a high ankle sprain that ended his season. I doubt he would have been a top 10 LB (or DE) or anything like that, but it would have been fun to see what he could have done.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote