Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

View Poll Results: Dou you want Leonard?
Yes 5 62.50%
No 3 37.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Tell us about Brian Leonard

There is a lot of debate about Brian Leonard. I decided it would be beneficial to just start a thread about him so we can keep it here, instead of in almost every other thread. I know a lot are going to disagree, thats why this was started. So here it goes...

I like Leonard and would gladly take him in the second round if we got a safety in the first round. My reasoning is out biggest needs are S, MLB, and CB, and DE. If S is taken care of, MLB can be our pick in the third, hopefully with a guy like Anthony Waters. CB can be taken care of last day if we need to, because we are great at developing late-round or udrafted CBs. We can take care of our other needs as well, such as D-line in the later rounds. With the signing of Juqua, DE is less of a need. It is still a need, but now not nearly as much. A run-stuffing DT could be picked up in the later rounds as well as a third QB or OL, although those are far from necessities, they are possible late round picks. Leonard would fit perfectly in the second round slot for us.

He would creat mismatches anywhere on the field. With Westbrook out on the field as well, another team has an almost impossible chance at taking care of both of them. We could still keep Tapeh for our FB, but Leonard can be our second string RB to use on short yardage situations. Leonard could be our FB on passing downs, because we all know that Tapeh is a good blocker, but has bricks for hands. Another receiving threat out of the backfeild would be a great way to help fill the void left by Donte. We could use him in various packages, just like we do with Westbrook. This would help make our offense extremely dynamic and would rival the best of the NFL's 1-2 punches at RB.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

simply put, no. i do not want to waste a 2nd round pick or 3rd round pick (if he lasts that long or we might not have cuz we somehow resign stallworth) on Brian Leonard. this is such a stupid pick, why? because the guy at the senior bowl, combine, and interview on espn said he wants to be a RB in the NFL and we def dont need one since we have Westbrook and Moats. and dont give me this bull about we need a big back to complement or w/e. because after this year did you hear anyone at all say we need a big back after the season westbrook had, certainly not. anyways on the eagles site they said RB would be a free agent move if we were gonna get one. leonard dropped like 15 lbs, so he is now 224. plus, tapeh did well last year and the team seemed high on jason davis before he went down with an injury. also, tapeh can be used in short yardage situations geez the guy is huge and a FB that was a RB in college, hes got speed, more than most FBs anyway. we have way bigger needs at LB, CB, S, and possibly at DL and WR (if stallworth dont resign). so, no i do not want leonard at all. you just sound like one of the many TATErs on the EMB with their love affair with leonard...
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just saw that you said he got help the void of stallworth leaving in the recieving field, wow...if you compare the two, all i can say is wow. no one can match the speed stallworth brought to our team. plus, westbrook is one of the best, if not the best, recieving backs in the league...so whats the point of having 2? also, its not like leonard is an unknown, everyone in the league knows him from the combine and senior bowl. they know his versatility, so you saying he can be a 2nd string RB and when he comes in we can use all these mismatches and run these packages, well that gives away what we gonna do and teams will know bout him and know what to do. plus, he will only be a rookie and we barely play our rookies anyway
Old 03-03-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't say he would fill the void completely. Along with Baskett and Avant they could all contribute to fill the void, not Leonard by himself. Try actually reading the next time you put something like this up. Besides, it is looking like a lot af people think Moats will be cut or traded, so even if he stays, Buck is gone. And are you saying Leonard would not be an upgrade over Buckhalter. I mean, I appreciate all the hard work the guy has gone through to contribute, but it is his time to go. And Leonard would not give away what we are going to do. If you think about it, Westy could line up as a slot or wide receiver, and Leonard could be the RB with Tapeh as our FB. We did it this year with Buck on MANY occaisions. We can run with Tapeh, run with Leonard, pass to Westy, or pass any of the other two receivers on the field. You mean to tell me the defense will know exactly what to do in that situation. I don't think so. By the way, mpt, its just a question, you don't need to flip sh*t just because I brought it up.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

because im sick and tired of all these people wanting leonard, he may be good, but no we dont need him. we have bigger things to worry about. who said we are gonna cut moats??? i would like to hear this because if we do then we only have 1 RB for the year in westy since buck and mahe are FA. hes under contract and young. i dont think they will do away with him after 2 yrs. plus, i see no mention of baskett or avant there buddy...

Last edited by mpt117 : 03-03-2007 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

[quote=eaglesalltheway;184420]And Leonard would not give away what we are going to do. If you think about it, Westy could line up as a slot or wide receiver, and Leonard could be the RB with Tapeh as our FB. We did it this year with Buck on MANY occaisions. We can run with Tapeh, run with Leonard, pass to Westy, or pass any of the other two receivers on the field. You mean to tell me the defense will know exactly what to do in that situation. I don't think so.[quote]

right there...boom ya contradicted yourself there buddy. you just said we did this MANY times with buckhalter last year...so you mean to tell me teams wont know because now leonard is there? ya people scout game tapes you know so they would know the formation or what to expect...

Last edited by mpt117 : 03-03-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Another receiving threat out of the backfeild would be a great way to HELP fill the void left by Donte.
Right there, buddy.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to get him but am not willing to spend a 2nd round pick on him. The earliest I would draft him is the 5th round and there is no way he'll be around then.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I definitely did NOT contradict myself. I just said that we used both of our RBs last year in packages and could do it this year. We could have run it with Buckhalter, or passed it to Westbrook or our other receivers, which we did both. By the way, buddy, you might want to look up what contradict means, because you were no way close to getting that right.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I would love to get him but am not willing to spend a 2nd round pick on him. The earliest I would draft him is the 5th round and there is no way he'll be around then.
Look at that mpt, a nice calm answer. That would have been fine, but you had to go and try to rip me a new a**hole just for bringing up a question. Thank you, Go_Eagles77, for answering my question in a calm manner.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

oh ok guy...various packages and mismatches on the field it would create...then you say ya we did it last year with buckhalter. that is the contradiction...the teams we faced when we did this know what kind of plays we run when we go into these formations/packages since we did it last year to create the mismatches...the teams go over game tape to see what happened during the game and will see these mismatches and what to look out for when we do this...and i think it will pretty much give away if we put a rookie out there doing this who is known for his versatility hmm??
Old 03-03-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Look at that mpt, a nice calm answer. That would have been fine, but you had to go and try to rip me a new a**hole just for bringing up a question. Thank you, Go_Eagles77, for answering my question in a calm manner.
dude i dont care...im just tellin my look on it and i did. plain and simple...im surprised you really care how people treat you online through a computer
Old 03-03-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Here's how its going to go, I'm just going to say I want him on the team, and I'll respect that you don't want him on our team. I hope you can do the same, because I don't want to argue about this anymore.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

ok agreed.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Good, glad to get that past us.