Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:39 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any list of top mlbers without london fletcher is absolutely ridiculous. if you were making a list of top up and coming mlbers ok sure but to not have him on a top list otherwise is insane.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I would take about 15 MLBs over Pierce right now.

And I think Willis is the best interior LB in the game right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:49 AM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post

Patrick Willis is a Manbeast and deserves to be on the top for both MLB and ILB since he plays both positions.

He has continued his stellar play against the run, but the big difference this year is his pass coverage. He now covers like you would expect from a guy who runs a 4.4

He is rounding out the flaws in his game and is only going to get better.

P.S. He almost killed Brad Smith yesterday against the Jets.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:49 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Johnson, right now is in the 5-8 range for OLBs. Underutilized on a **** team.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beast.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:33 AM    (permalink
pete_norm
Rookie

pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pete_norm is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know he is hurt this year, but EJ Henderson should really be at least in the honorable mention list.
pete_norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:12 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Jon Beason > Nick Barnett?

No?

Also, Ernie Sims and DJ Williams being there over Derrick Johnson is pretty bad, imo.
Uhh, Yes. I'll take Beason over Barnett 100% of the time, no questions asked.

Agreed though about Johnson being more deserving than Ernie Sims and DJ.

Don't overrate Stewart Bradley, he is what he is, and that isn't 'Beast'. In no way does he deserve anything close to a top 5, or even his own picture in this thread.....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He is ridiculously unathletic to a point where he is a liability in the secondary. I really hope we begin to phase him out this offseason like we did with Sam Madison.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Don't overrate Stewart Bradley, he is what he is, and that isn't 'Beast'. In no way does he deserve anything close to a top 5, or even his own picture in this thread.....
Stewart Bradley is most definitely a beast.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
He is ridiculously unathletic to a point where he is a liability in the secondary. I really hope we begin to phase him out this offseason like we did with Sam Madison.
Well, you can thank Brian Westbrook for helping you phase him out! :D

Seriously though, what was Spagnuolo thinking?
Old 12-08-2008, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:45 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I <3 Cato.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:45 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Stewart Bradley is most definitely a beast.
Stewart Bradley is a beast on the rugby pitch.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I think that was the plan in drafting Goff. But if a value guy in the draft like Mauluaga or Cushing drops to our 1st round pick, that could be the guy that replaced Pierce in 2010.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 12-08-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Well, you can thank Brian Westbrook for helping you phase him out! :D

Seriously though, what was Spagnuolo thinking?
I watched that play over and over this morning. I think Michael Johnson is to blame there. It looked like he didn't see Westbrook coming out of his pass protection and he went lateral to help out Dockery, leaving the middle and left side of the defense wide open with only Pierce to cover it. That or it was a gamble by Spags that simply didn't work out. Either way, that play was the one that ended it.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 12-08-2008, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think that was the plan in drafting Goff. But if a value guy in the draft like Mauluaga or Cushing drops to our 1st round pick, that could be the guy that replaced Pierce in 2010.
At the beginning of the season, I was for Chase to be Pierce's heir, but I am really liking him at WILL. I don't think that Cushing would be as good at MLB as Goff, but as you said if we can get some guy with a lot of value fall to us, why not take him and just plug him in wherever he begins to play best.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:09 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
*Keith Bulluck

Nice to see him get some well deserved recognition.
Guys been in the league since like 2000. You'd think people other than Titans fans would learn how to spell his friggin name after a while.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:20 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Guys been in the league since like 2000. You'd think people other than Titans fans would learn how to spell his friggin name after a while.
Why would you think that? Most of you don't even know the proper use of their, they're and there, and you've been on the Earth for 16+ years.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:23 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Why would you think that? Most of you don't even know the proper use of their, they're and there, and you've been on the Earth for 16+ years.
It's not just regular people on the Internet. It's newspapers, magazines, websites, ESPN.... you name it. No one can spell his name right.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quick questions about 3-4 OLBs (blitz 'backers).

Could any of them hack it playing OLB in a 4-3? Or would most of them play DE?

Could Ware play 4-3 OLB?
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:27 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post

Could Ware play 4-3 OLB?
Donnie Edwards has played every LB position ever.
Quote:
Old 12-08-2008, 11:31 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
[img]

Could Ware play 4-3 OLB?
Pretty sure Rosevelt Colvin played OLB in a 4-3 before he went to New England and played OLB in their 3-4.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Could Ware play 4-3 OLB?
It depends on the scheme. Ware could play in a 4-3 scheme which requires LBers to attack the line of scrimmage, like say in Philly. But he couldn't play in the cover 2.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:10 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

I corrected a few things, I forgot about Jonathon Vilma, but I will certainly put him in the Honorable Mention section, also Derrick Johnson is in the Honorable Mention section for OLB.

Also, I didn't put certain player in certain position because of injuries because they wouldn't normally play there if their counterpart was healthy. Daryl Smith was put at OLB because the past 2 games I saw the Jags, Chicago and Houston I saw him playing the OLB opposite Durant. So that was my reasoning.

As fpr Patrick Willis playing as a MLB. I wrote him as a 4-3 MLB because of their hybrid defense, and yes he should also be in the 3-4 list too, but if that were the case I could make the same argument for Ray Lewis as well. So I kept them opposite of each other, one on the 43 list and the other on the 34 list.

Hopefully that clears some things up.
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioPalmer View Post
I corrected a few things, I forgot about Jonathon Vilma, but I will certainly put him in the Honorable Mention section, also Derrick Johnson is in the Honorable Mention section for OLB.

Also, I didn't put certain player in certain position because of injuries because they wouldn't normally play there if their counterpart was healthy. Daryl Smith was put at OLB because the past 2 games I saw the Jags, Chicago and Houston I saw him playing the OLB opposite Durant. So that was my reasoning.

As fpr Patrick Willis playing as a MLB. I wrote him as a 4-3 MLB because of their hybrid defense, and yes he should also be in the 3-4 list too, but if that were the case I could make the same argument for Ray Lewis as well. So I kept them opposite of each other, one on the 43 list and the other on the 34 list.

Hopefully that clears some things up.
Doesn't clear why you think Barnett is better than Beason.