Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freddie Keiaho isn't even the best OLB on his team, that honor goes to Clint Session, who just seems to get better with each game. He started off the year terribly, overpursuing out of his gap assignment and missing tackles, but as the weeks have gone on, he's turned into the Colts biggest playmaker in the front 7 against the run as well as a good pass defender.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Doesn't clear why you think Barnett is better than Beason.
and london fletcher
Old 12-08-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

London Fletcher is so underrated it makes me sick.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:08 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll probably take some criticism for my opinion on this, but I don't think Hawk should even be a runner up.

Since his rookie season, all he brings to the team is an average player that can stay healthy.

He's a crappy blitzer, below average in coverage, doesn't stop the run well at all, can't shed blockers.

All he has going for him is decent speed to get to the sideline and his vision/instincts are above average.

I'd really like to hear some unbiased evaluations of Hawk, because I'm not sure if I'm missing something. Someone tell me what you think of him as a player and not the 5th overall pick 3 years ago.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jon Beason > Nick Barnett?

No?

Also, Ernie Sims and DJ Williams being there over Derrick Johnson is pretty bad, imo.
before the start of the season I would have said no, now, I can't name one MLB more terrible in run support then he is.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
It's not just regular people on the Internet. It's newspapers, magazines, websites, ESPN.... you name it. No one can spell his name right.
They cant spell OlsEn either. its always OlsOn

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kamerion Wimbley is not good, believe me.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's more than 60 linebackers on that list as either a top 5 or honorable mention. I dont know how much can be thought of that list considering you left out one linebacker from every team and two from the sucky teams..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
There seems to be a list about every other position except linebackers. They get little love on here but yet they do so much. Who do you have as your top linebackers in the game today?

1. DeMarcus Ware
2. Ray Lewis
3. Patrick Willis
4. London Fletcher
5. Shawne Merriman
6. Brian Urlacher
7. Demeco Ryans
8. David Harris
9. Derrick Brooks
10. Derrick Johnson

I really wanted to find a place up here for Vilma, Harrison, Ruud, Suggs, and maybe, just maybe I thought about Porter for a second. So what. :)

Judge by linebacker as a position, intangibles, changing the game plan kind of guys. Don't just go by stats because this position is much more. Example: D'Qwell Jackson leads the league in tackles and wont even see a list, hopefully.

These lists tend to be controversial and try not to be a homer if at all possible. :D
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26674 By the Way.. lol

Obviously my list will need modifying now that things change. Harrison would crack my top 10 definitely but that was my post from 11-06-2008.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

u cant compare OLB with MLB with 3-4 OLBs. It just doesnt make sense

Old 12-08-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Doesn't clear why you think Barnett is better than Beason.
I can pretty much handle any panthers player being disrespected, except Beason. He's a straight up amazing young player.

1. Brian Urlacher
2. Patrick Willis
3. Jon Beason
4. Lofa Tatupu (not versatile enough to be higher)
5. Barrett Ruud
6. DeMeco Ryans
7. Nick Barnett
8. London Fletcher
9. Jon Vilma
10. Stewart Bradley (huge up and comer imo)

Last edited by BlindSite : 12-09-2008 at 12:07 AM.
BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

London Fletcher >>>> nick barnett

Old 12-08-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I can pretty much handle any panthers player being disrespected, except Beason. He's a straight up amazing young player.

1. Brian Urlacher
2. Patrick Willis
3. Jon Beason
4. Lofa Tatupu (not versatile enough to be higher)
5. Barrett Ruud
6. DeMeco Ryans
7. Nick Barnett
8. London Fletcher
9. Jon Vilma
10. Mark Bradley (huge up and comer imo)
Stewart Bradley?

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
the chosen one
Rookie

the chosen one hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Chad Greenway> Ernie Sims Chad Greenway> D.J. Williams Chad Greenway is an up and coming linebacker that makes plays and is improving every game. He could easily make the pro bowl this year
the chosen one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chosen one View Post
Chad Greenway> Ernie Sims Chad Greenway> D.J. Williams Chad Greenway is an up and coming linebacker that makes plays and is improving every game. He could easily make the pro bowl this year
So long as Briggs, Ware, and Brooks are in the NFC he has no chance at all.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
So not to much longer of a wait then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Barnett has been very underated his entire career. Then when people are just about to finally get noticed he has a ****** season and goes on IR. Go figure.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief49er View Post
That's exactly why you should pay no attention to his tackle numbers last year.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Nick Barnett has been very underated his entire career. Then when people are just about to finally get noticed he has a ****** season and goes on IR. Go figure.
Not me bro, I think he is the best player not named Aaron Kampman on the Pack defense. Even better than Harris and Woodson. I think Barnett has been so under rated that he has become this "I think Barnett sucks" thing because no one knows him. People think of A.J. Hawk before Barnett and the two aren't even close in terms of impact on the field. Barnett is a MLB, pure and simple. Beason is an excellent backer and is on his way to becoming one of the best in the league. But give him some time to gain some experience. Barnett has been going at it with a horrid D-Line until the last 2 years, and until Hawk a ridiculous LB corps and if it wasn't for Al Harris these last few years he would have been the only talented player after the front 4.

Barnett got my pick, Beason was mentioned as honorable mention for a reason. I think he is great and like I said, on his way to becoming a Pro-Bowl player. But is he as impactful as Barnett? I think that is debatable and right now Nick gets the nod ahead of him.
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lawrence Timmons is the best.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:45 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
Lawrence Timmons is the best.
I wanted to put him in the Honorable Mention section but I haven't seen enough from him yet. The games I did see from him this year I wasn't completely blown away, with everyone I mentioned I have seen play this year and have been impressed one way or another with the exception of Barnett and Merriman, but because of their past accolades and accoplishments I decided to award them a spot in the top 5 of each of their respective list.

Timmons certainly has the ability and has come along way from being that rookie 1rst rounder that was over shadowed by the 2nd round LB. So he is certainly on my radar.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioPalmer View Post
I wanted to put him in the Honorable Mention section but I haven't seen enough from him yet. The games I did see from him this year I wasn't completely blown away, with everyone I mentioned I have seen play this year and have been impressed one way or another with the exception of Barnett and Merriman, but because of their past accolades and accoplishments I decided to award them a spot in the top 5 of each of their respective list.

Timmons certainly has the ability and has come along way from being that rookie 1rst rounder that was over shadowed by the 2nd round LB. So he is certainly on my radar.
Timmons role is RILB.. issue is we have a serviceable guy there, what we don't have is any depth at any of the 4 positions, which is why TImmons isn't starting.

Which is why I hope we draft Jasper Brinkley and Larry English/Connor Barwin. 2 guys that can cycle in and allow Timmons to explode on the scene.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioPalmer View Post
Not me bro, I think he is the best player not named Aaron Kampman on the Pack defense. Even better than Harris and Woodson. I think Barnett has been so under rated that he has become this "I think Barnett sucks" thing because no one knows him. People think of A.J. Hawk before Barnett and the two aren't even close in terms of impact on the field. Barnett is a MLB, pure and simple. Beason is an excellent backer and is on his way to becoming one of the best in the league. But give him some time to gain some experience. Barnett has been going at it with a horrid D-Line until the last 2 years, and until Hawk a ridiculous LB corps and if it wasn't for Al Harris these last few years he would have been the only talented player after the front 4.

Barnett got my pick, Beason was mentioned as honorable mention for a reason. I think he is great and like I said, on his way to becoming a Pro-Bowl player. But is he as impactful as Barnett? I think that is debatable and right now Nick gets the nod ahead of him.
Defensive player of the month in october, credited with the Panthers turn around on defense and leading the team in tackles and in interceptions... As impactful? if that were a word, and it part of a question, the answer would be no, he's been FAR MORE "impactful" this season... bro

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Defensive player of the month in october, credited with the Panthers turn around on defense and leading the team in tackles and in interceptions... As impactful? if that were a word, and it part of a question, the answer would be no, he's been FAR MORE "impactful" this season... bro
I agree this year, but I think the same thing of Barnett of the past few seasons, so maybe my reasoning is that Barnett has been doing it for a longer period of time, not to say that Beason won't surpass him, I actually think he will, but I have Barnett ahead of him right now.

Oh and by the way, I was very happy tonight with the play of Julius Peppers. He has swayed me into thinking that he and Mario are far and away the best DE's in the league. Very happy with Pep's play tonight. He reminded me of the pre-2007 Peppers and it was truely awesome. I just wish he was 26 and nmot 28, but thats okay he looked great and I have now be turned back into a full fledged Pep fan again.

You guys just might get a Peppers essay in a day or two...lol
Old 12-09-2008, 10:00 AM    (permalink
the chosen one
Rookie

the chosen one hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

Briggs and Ware are really good and will make the pro bowl. But don't get me wrong i think Brooks was a great linebacker but my key word here is was. As i watched him play last night he only got two tackles and doesn't make plays like he used to thats why chad greenway is better and will make the pro bowl
the chosen one is offline   Reply With Quote