Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: are they?
Yes 41 39.81%
No 62 60.19%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't realize people actually thought Lendale White was good.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
my rankings:

AD CT
Chris Johnson Lenwhale White (i almost put them third because Lendale is so slow)
Deangelo Williams Jon Stewart
Brandon Jacobs, Ward, Bradshaw
MJD, Taylor
That works since in really it it's

AD and CT

everyone else fighting for second.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Seriously comparing each running back side to side? That's not what a duo is about. It's how they compliment each other.

By the way I thought we were going with teams that actually have two backs get more than 8 touches a game... if not then how is it a duo? You're simply taking the best back and naming his backup then getting your thoughtless answer.
That's the dumbest thing i've heard in a while. So if i had two Brandon Jacobses, that would compliment each other in no way whatsoever, but they both ran for a buck fifty a game, you would take a fast guy and a strong guy over them? That's ridiculous. I don't care if they run the exact same way, they both produce. Fred Taylor isn't producing. What the hell else are you gonna compare?
Old 12-08-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
my rankings:

AD CT
Chris Johnson Lenwhale White (i almost put them third because Lendale is so slow)
Deangelo Williams Jon Stewart
Brandon Jacobs, Ward, Bradshaw
MJD, Taylor
Its a tandem, not a threesome...
Old 12-08-2008, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Next year I think Steelers can challenge this...

Willie Parker, Rashard Mendenhall, Mewelde Moore, Gary Russell.

I'm really liking it.

I think Dallas has a heck of a nice Backfield next year as well.

Marion Barber, Felix Jones, Tashard Choice.. any of those guys could be starters.

Before Pitt drafted Mendy I really wanted Choice. He really beat us up.

My Vote goes to: Tennessee... If Fisher wasn't shutting Chris Johnson down quite a bit the dude would probably be leading the league in rushing.

Lendale should thank Johnson... Lendale actually is starting to look the part now.

I hope Mendenhall shows up around 225 again and really rocks it.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]

Last edited by Mr. Stiller : 12-08-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marion Barber and Felix Jones were gonna make some noise as a tandem this year, till Felix broke all of our hearts. :(
Old 12-08-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
That's the dumbest thing i've heard in a while. So if i had two Brandon Jacobses, that would compliment each other in no way whatsoever, but they both ran for a buck fifty a game, you would take a fast guy and a strong guy over them? That's ridiculous. I don't care if they run the exact same way, they both produce. Fred Taylor isn't producing. What the hell else are you gonna compare?
Um, I dont know how that counters my argument at all. I'm saying that Taylor does nothing to compliment Peterson and doesnt nearly touch the ball enough for that be considered a duo. It's just naming the best back with his backup, like I said. By the way, two Brandon Jacobs? What does that have to do with anything?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I didn't realize people actually thought Lendale White was good.
He will be TJ Ducket in two years. Johnson is legit though.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Marion Barber and Felix Jones were gonna make some noise as a tandem this year, till Felix broke all of our hearts. :(
I know what you mean. Mendenhall broke his shoulder in like week 4, but he was looking pretty solid against the Ravens, showing an incredible burst.

I'm betting Willie Parker is on a different team in 2010.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Um, I dont know how that counters my argument at all. I'm saying that Taylor does nothing to compliment Peterson and doesnt nearly touch the ball enough for that be considered a duo. It's just naming the best back with his backup, like I said. By the way, two Brandon Jacobs? What does that have to do with anything?
I thought you were talking about the Jacksonville running game.. my bad lol. I get what you're saying, but Chester Taylor has 86 carries this year with four touchdowns. That's not as much as the other guys, but you really don't need him to take many carries. Besides, last year he showed everyone what he could do with that line should they need to give him the load. He's no scrub.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Its a tandem, not a threesome...
bradshaw's averaging under 5 touches a game, we have a tandem with occassional appearances by the playmaker bradshaw.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought you were talking about the Jacksonville running game.. my bad lol. I get what you're saying, but Chester Taylor has 86 carries this year with four touchdowns. That's not as much as the other guys, but you really don't need him to take many carries. Besides, last year he showed everyone what he could do with that line should they need to give him the load. He's no scrub.
haha I'm not saying the Jacksonville duo is better.
Taylor only touches the ball like 6 times a game. I don't think that qualifies Minnesota as a duo considering AP gets about 23, that's just a "AP/AD is tired, get in" back.

Rushes per game:
Tennessee: Chris Johnson 17, Lendale 13
Carolina: DeAngelo 16, Stewart 10
Jacksonville: MJD 11, Taylor 11
New York: Jacobs 16, Ward 10

Just examples of what I interpret as a duo..

Old 12-08-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeAngelo is > AD because he doesn't fumble

And Chester Taylor could start in some places, but not that many. Remember he went to the Vikings in the first place because he wasn't starting in Baltimore

I think Stewart's explosiveness edges Lenwhale in the Titans duo.

The Giants trio has an argument
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:31 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
bradshaw's averaging under 5 touches a game, we have a tandem with occassional appearances by the playmaker bradshaw.
my point was, this is an tandem thread, so how can you enclude 3 backs on a team? doesn't make sense. Your tandem is Jacobs and Ward(pending Jacobs injury.)
Old 12-08-2008, 11:31 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Leave now and never ever come back.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:33 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:

And Chester Taylor could start in some places, but not that many. Remember he went to the Vikings in the first place because he wasn't starting in Baltimore

Quit now before you continue down this path. Just stop watching football since you know nothing. LOLZ.

This post reminds me of that one post someone made about how we shouldn't have resigned Rodgers during the season, lolz.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:33 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
DeAngelo is < AD because he is

Fixed it for you. Let's not be dumb here.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:34 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Leave now and never ever come back.
What? It's true. AD's talent trumps Williams' a thousand times over but in actual VALUE DeAngelo has been better this year. If the Vikings offered Peterson for Williams would I take it straight up? Hell yes, because you can fix fumbling. But in the 2008 season DeAngelo has been worth more
Old 12-08-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
What? It's true. AD's talent trumps Williams' a thousand times over but in actual VALUE DeAngelo has been better this year. If the Vikings offered Peterson for Williams would I take it straight up? Hell yes, because you can fix fumbling. But in the 2008 season DeAngelo has been worth more

Adrian Peterson is on pace to be a top 5 RB of all time. Deangelo isn't even top 5 right now.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
hold on, you would rather take a running back that has been in a tandem his entire NFL career then a running back who can single handily take over games and win them for you? you sound smart.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I don't know what you've been smoking, but it must be damn good and i want some.

The Vikings have Gus Frerotte and Tarvaris Jackson playing quarterback for them. I think that's where the argument starts and ends.
yo123
Legend

I swear the overall IQ of this board has cut itself in half over the last year.
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Adrian Peterson is on pace to be a top 5 RB of all time. Deangelo isn't even top 5 right now.
That's not what I'm arguing. In any given baseball season someone could be having a better year than Albert Pujols, that doesn't mean he's better than Pujols, it means he's having a better year
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
You're right. **** Peterson' 23 carries 108 yards a game. Worthless. Absolutely Worthless.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:38 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't know what you've been smoking, but it must be damn good and i want some.

The Vikings have Gus Frerotte and Tarvaris Jackson playing quarterback for them. I think that's where the argument starts and ends.
DeAngelo did just fine when he touched the ball last season with David Carr as his QB. It wasn't his fault Fox didn't start him over DeShaun ****ing Foster