Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: are they?
Yes 41 39.81%
No 62 60.19%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2008, 01:04 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Im not saying a 3rd back is bad, Im saying it has little to do with this topic. If we were talking Top Trio in the League it would be Giants hands down but we arent, We are talking Duo.
And they can still be in the conversation with Jacobs and Ward. Neither are overwhelming zomgz superstars like Peterson but they compliment each other well and provide a different element to the offense when either of them are in.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Because maybe it takes more than just one season of performing well for people to buy into the fact that they're THAT good? Everyone has up and down years. They've been able to sustain that level of play for two + seasons now, so yes, now everyone considers them one of the best.
Your right they've been that good for 2+ years now but nobody has recognized it. It has nothing to do with up and down years but the fact they've been together so long and have dominated most teams.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Right, but IMO, Williams isnt having a better season. I guess we'll agree to disagree.
That's fine, I knew it would be a contentious opinion when I stated it and I certainly can see why anyone would think AD is having the better year. I absolutely screwed up by not making it clear what I was saying, as well. AD is >>> DeAngelo if the NFL has a complete re-draft this offseason, for sure
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:06 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
next year watch out for marion barber and felix jones...
I think they turn into the Giants type with Choice in the mix but they will be exciting to watch. I wish Jones would have never played against us!

Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im not saying a 3rd back is bad, Im saying it has little to do with this topic. If we were talking Top Trio in the League it would be Giants hands down but we arent, We are talking Duo.
Who cares if it's best duo. We have the best running game. The best duo is AD and Taylor. Next year when Williams falls off we wont be talking about this.

sig by BoneKrusher
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For reference

AD: 293 for 1413 4.8 ypc 9 touchdowns 7 fumbles
CT:86 for 320 3.6 ypc 4 touchdowns 1 fumble
Total: 379 for 1733 4.5ypc 13 touchdowns 8 fumbles

D-Will: 212 for 1141 5.4 ypc 13 touchdowns 0 fumbles
J-Stew: 142 for 699 4.9 ypc 8 touchdowns 2 fumbles
Total: 354 for 1840 5.1ypc 21 touchdowns 2 fumbles

Dash: 222 for 1094 4.9ypc 8 touchdowns 1 fumble
Smash: 170 for 674 4.0ypc 14 touchdowns 1 fumble
Total: 392 for 1768 4.5 ypc 22 touchdowns 2 fumbles

Statistically, the best running back duo in the league is Stewart and Williams. Really though I'd say right now its tied between the Panthers and the Titans.

Adrian Peterson is the best back in the NFL right now, but him and chester are not more successful, nor more productive than the other two backfields.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:08 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The day he thrives as a starter again will be the day I will admit I was wrong on this. Just because he leaves to become a starter doesnt mean Peterson and him co exist as the best tandem right now.
I dont know if you watched the 2006 Season but Chester Taylor was 11th in Rushing in the league that year...Only 2 years ago and now you calling washed up because a Potential top 5 Running Back in the league came in and took his spot...yeah he will never play good again since that's the reason.

Chester and Adrian are not the same type of runners by the way. Adrian is a powerful running back where Chester is a Finesse running back which complements very well.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:09 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
For reference

AD: 293 for 1413 4.8 ypc 9 touchdowns 7 fumbles
CT:86 for 320 3.6 ypc 4 touchdowns 1 fumble
Total: 379 for 1733 4.5ypc 13 touchdowns 8 fumbles

D-Will: 212 for 1141 5.4 ypc 13 touchdowns 0 fumbles
J-Stew: 142 for 699 4.9 ypc 8 touchdowns 2 fumbles
Total: 354 for 1840 5.1ypc 21 touchdowns 2 fumbles

Dash: 222 for 1094 4.9ypc 8 touchdowns 1 fumble
Smash: 170 for 674 4.0ypc 14 touchdowns 1 fumble
Total: 392 for 1768 4.5 ypc 22 touchdowns 2 fumbles

Statistically, the best running back duo in the league is Stewart and Williams. Really though I'd say right now its tied between the Panthers and the Titans.

Adrian Peterson is the best back in the NFL right now, but him and chester are not more successful, nor more productive than the other two backfields.
I agree totally with this. It's what I've been pointing out the whole time. Thank you Blindsite.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:11 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I don't mean to sound like an elitist jackass, but that's why I stick mostly to off topic nowadays, expect game days.
just an fyi, the last time someone who's screen name starts with "yo" on this forum sigged me for thinking I said something stupid, the Rams happened. I said after the Panthers started last season beating the Rams that it wasn't a good win for us because the Rams sucked, and yodachu felt it sig worthy. I certainly don't think it will happen, but I wouldn't mind if an Osi/Julius Peppers-esque (shout out to number10!) jinx happens from that

Actually, no I wouldn't. I <3 AD and don't want Vikings fans to have go through a 2007 Peppers type season
Old 12-09-2008, 01:13 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
I dont know if you watched the 2006 Season but Chester Taylor was 11th in Rushing in the league that year...Only 2 years ago and now you calling washed up because a Potential top 5 Running Back in the league came in and took his spot...yeah he will never play good again since that's the reason.

Chester and Adrian are not the same type of runners by the way. Adrian is a powerful running back where Chester is a Finesse running back which complements very well.
It would compliment very well if it was actually a duo.. It's like saying Turner and Norwood are a duo. No, there's a feature back and a backup.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:15 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
just an fyi, the last time someone who's screen name starts with "yo" on this forum sigged me for thinking I said something stupid, the Rams happened. I said after the Panthers started last season beating the Rams that it wasn't a good win for us because the Rams sucked, and yodachu felt it sig worthy. I certainly don't think it will happen, but I wouldn't mind if an Osi/Julius Peppers-esque (shout out to number10!) jinx happens from that

Actually, no I wouldn't. I <3 AD and don't want Vikings fans to have go through a 2007 Peppers type season
I have no idea what you are talking about.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:16 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
that you might've just cursed AD by questioning schizo.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:18 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its pretty hard to refute production, wins/losses and what we saw tonight.

Minnesota fans will just have to live with having a dominant RB but not backfield. Wow, what a horrible situation.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its pretty hard to refute production, wins/losses and what we saw tonight.

Minnesota fans will just have to live with having a dominant RB but not backfield. Wow, what a horrible situation.
Meh, I actually think Carolina fans can make a pretty good argument for the best tandem. However the whole D-Will>AD thing was crazy.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
that was a fun post to get the grief off me

hopefully someone digs up the thread where "Osi is a better and more productive DE than Julius Peppers" blew up. That thing is a forum legend
Old 12-09-2008, 01:22 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
that was a fun post to get the grief off me

hopefully someone digs up the thread where "Osi is a better and more productive DE than Julius Peppers" blew up. That thing is a forum legend

Even though that ended up being true eventually, it still made no sense to say he was better than Peppers at the time. Number 10 gets to much credit for that.

If I said that Tarvaris Jackson was a better and more productive QB than Peyton Manning and it miraculously came true, that doesn't mean what I said wasn't ridiculous.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:22 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It would compliment very well if it was actually a duo.. It's like saying Turner and Norwood are a duo. No, there's a feature back and a backup.
the most wasted duo of all time was LT/Turner. So unfortunate they had LT play full time during those years. Maybe he wouldn't be winding down so fast if The Burner had taken an extra 100 carries off his load every year :(
Old 12-09-2008, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Even though that ended up being true eventually, it still made no sense to say he was better than Peppers at the time. Number 10 gets to much credit for that.

If I said that Tarvaris Jackson was a better and more productive QB than Peyton Manning and it miraculously came true, that doesn't mean what I said wasn't ridiculous.
I don't want to make this another De thread but #10 was on the money. It wasn't a miracle that he was right, it was based on watching football. Osi showed how dominant he could and Pepers played a back seat role. Osi had all the intangibles to show he could be a top 5 DE and then he came out and proved it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-09-2008, 01:26 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing is that some of you are acting like since he fumbled we lost those games but when he has fumbled we are 3-1 and the only lost was to the Titans. Him fumbling is a problem but look at Tiki he had a terrible fumbling problem and he got it fixed so its still AD > DW.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:27 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember i got flamed when i mentioned AD's running style could cause fumbling problems.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:

Well it didn't, but still...

Old 12-09-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Well it didn't, but still...
It did for a while.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:34 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

For what its worth, These two teams played this year against each other. Vikings Duo ran for 121 Yards in 28 Attempts and Panthers Duo ran for 42 yards and 17 Attempts. I know people will come back at me saying it was earlier in the season but still...

Old 12-09-2008, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Smith and Rudi Johnson not mentioned yet?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:37 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I don't want to make this another De thread but #10 was on the money. It wasn't a miracle that he was right, it was based on watching football. Osi showed how dominant he could and Pepers played a back seat role. Osi had all the intangibles to show he could be a top 5 DE and then he came out and proved it.
I feel almost the same way about DeAngelo though. I've thought he was chronically underrated since day 1. He does everything well except turn a 40 yard run into an 80 yarder because he doesn't have long speed. However, comparing him to Osi is a little much. Osi is still an athletic freak, maybe not as much as Peppers, but still, while D-Will really isn't.

WRT to Vikings being 3-1...Delhomme has won a bunch of games this year where he's played like complete ass with stupid interceptions (today being an example). Doesn't mean throwing dumb interceptions is ok. A better example might be Favre throwing interceptions while carrying teams with a bunch of TDs and such, but still, throwing interceptions isn't ideal. Taking a few risks here and there is ok, and honestly you have to do it every now and then...but 7 fumbles in 12 games? come on

But yes, fumbling can be fixed, I said that. I wonder how many posts this thread would have if I just said "I'd rather have DeAngelo's production than AD's this year because he's still crazy good and hasn't fumbled" rather than shortening it spur of the moment