Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Best. Thread. Ever.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24187

He has since left the boards in shame, but feel free to neg rep him anyway.
I knew Tactica was a homer, but that was just delusional.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Yeah it made lol, a bit, so that was nice.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
It was at the beginning of the season and the Lions weren't expected to be THIS bad. If I can remember, most people pegged them for 5 or 6 wins so expecting 2-3 wins more out of his team is not that homerish.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I made this post in another forum, but didn't want to post it here (or in my NFL Truths thread specifically) as I didn't want to bum Lions fans out before the season. They're good guys stuck with a bad team.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted to include this as recommended reading in some Week 14 thoughts but I was too lazy to actually write them out, still give this a read nonetheless:

"Detroit deals with blackout factor" by Terry Foster of The Detroit News

Last edited by Geo : 12-09-2008 at 08:19 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see them losing to Green Bay. If it is going to happen it will be there.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
They're good guys stuck with a bad team.
I consider myself a huge prick so I don't believe this statement.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I made this post in another forum, but didn't want to post it here (or in my NFL Truths thread specifically) as I didn't want to bum Lions fans out before the season. They're good guys stuck with a bad team.
are you referring to the players being good and stuck on a bad team?
Old 12-09-2008, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Ah, no, the fans here on NFLDC.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried to tell everyone what would happen.. but nobody listened!

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Best. Thread. Ever.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24187

He has since left the boards in shame, but feel free to neg rep him anyway.
o man... that hurts
but i guess i didnt think the lions would be THIS bad....

i feel so bad for calvin johnson... he deserves better

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
o man... that hurts
but i guess i didnt think the lions would be THIS bad....

i feel so bad for calvin johnson... he deserves better
It's depressing to think that he probably had his best QB in High School. After that, he's had Reggie Ball, Jon Kitna, Dan Orlovsky, Daunte Culpepper, Drew Henson, Drew Stanton, and JT O'Sullivan throwing him the ball.

Last edited by WMD : 12-09-2008 at 10:50 PM.
WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
It's depressing to think that he probably had his best QB in High School. After that, he's had Reggie Ball, Jon Kitna, Dan Orlovsky, Daunte Culpepper, Drew Henson, Drew Stanton and JT O'Sullivan throwing him the ball.
And he is still putting up great numbers. Major props to him.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
and JT O'Sullivan
What's even more scary is that JTO has more wins this year than the rest of that list combined.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
What's even more scary is that JTO has more wins this year than the rest of that list combined.
I will be giving out free hugs tomorrow afternoon, any Lions fans that want one feel free to stop by.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I think they fired Millen their bye week.
so they managed to win their bye week!

@dam: i think their were like 4 0-13 teams in the history and all won in week 14

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:16 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
@dam: i think their were like 4 0-13 teams in the history and all won in week 14
Bucs went winless in a 14 game season in 1976.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:01 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they are going to beat the packers
Old 12-10-2008, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Bucs went winless in a 14 game season in 1976.
yes but there were 4 0-13 teams that won in their week 14. is that so hard to understand?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't think they're the worst team in the NFL.

It's amazing to think that they're just poorly conditioned, and have such a poor defense to not just be... well. allowing as many points as they do in the second quarter.

I like this team. In two years.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
I still don't think they're the worst team in the NFL.

It's amazing to think that they're just poorly conditioned, and have such a poor defense to not just be... well. allowing as many points as they do in the second quarter.

I like this team. In two years.
We'll have to see what this team looks like in two years. My guess is there'll probably be about 20 differant players than there is now. If they're not the worst team right now then who is?
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1-If they do go 0-16, it'll be misleading. There have been worse teams in the last 5 years than the 2008 Detroit Lions. I don't even think they're the worst team this year. They've been competitive in a lot of games and there are areas where they're adequate. I think, position by position, the Lions are a better team than the St. Louis Rams.

2-Remember last November, when they were 6-2?

3-The Packers better ******* beat them in 2.5 weeks.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mean to rain on the "OMG 0-16" parade, but I could see the Lions beating NO or GB. That's not a knock on those teams, I just don't think a team in the modern NFL can go 0-16. I could easily be wrong though (obviously.)
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I don't mean to rain on the "OMG 0-16" parade, but I could see the Lions beating NO or GB. That's not a knock on those teams, I just don't think a team in the modern NFL can go 0-16. I could easily be wrong though (obviously.)
They could beat anyone the question is will they. Bottom line what does it really matter. 1-15 or 0-16 they're still not any good. Good news is the NFL is a place where you can turn it around fairly quickly as we see with the Dolphins.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

I think depending on how the rest of the packers season goes, there's a chance that the Lions could sneak one out. Doubtful, but still possible. As for New Orleans, not a chance. I know they're bad on the road, but in a dome on turf, Drew Brees will light it up that game I think. They're best shot is if the packers continue reeling IMO, still a longshot though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote