Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 12-11-2008, 03:48 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Matt Ryan thread

I really couldn't help myself. I am surprised it took me so long actually.

Best day ever.

Quote:
Every Monday, I feel like I have a lot of improving to do, so I pretty much get right to it," said Ryan, wearing a white T-shirt and jeans with his hair disheveled. "I want to be rock solid, and I make myself go over every interception. Like that wide receiver screen to the left. I completely overshot the receiver, no excuses. ... Or the in-cut I threw behind the guy -- terrible pass."
So humble...

Quote:
"He's a gym rat," said analyst Brian Baldinger. "He loves to go to work, he loves to compete. Even in defeat against New Orleans last Sunday, he was brilliant. I think he's playing the best at quarterback in the league."
John Clayton
Quote:
Q: Quarterbacks Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan have both had outstanding rookie years. But Ryan gets all the attention for rookie of the year. Even though the Ravens have the more dominant defense, it can be argued that Ryan has the better playmakers on offense. If Flacco guides the Ravens to the playoffs and Ryan does not, does that make Flacco ROY in your eyes?

A: Although it can be argued Flacco is having a Ben Roethlisberger-type rookie season in possibly leading his team to the playoffs, I will vote for Ryan as rookie of the year over Flacco because he's doing a better job at the position. That's not knocking Flacco. Ryan is running the no-huddle on the road. He's constantly bringing his team from behind in the fourth quarter. He's playing every bit as well as the top quarterbacks in the league. He's a once-in-a-decade type of franchise find for a team, and the Falcons will thrive for years with him behind center. The guy has been absolutely amazing. In any other year, Flacco could win ROY honors. Not this year. Ryan's killed that hope.
Steve Young
Quote:
“Even though it won’t be a bed of roses along the way, Matt Ryan already has shown me enough to say that he’ll be one of the all-time greats.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:52 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Flacco and matt ryan landed where they needed to
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:45 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

He's just ridiculously good in every way.

It's so great to think that, wtih Ryan at the helm, we can look forward to sustained success for the first time in franchise history. Hoorah.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:38 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have any good Matt Ryan wallpaper?
Old 12-11-2008, 09:40 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's got his own thread now? Sweeeeeeet. :D
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:45 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Yeah, we should really move this into the NFL forum, or - better still - all the other teams forums, so that every fan, without discrimination, can pay homage to the hero that is Matt Ryan. ;)
Old 12-11-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you're way late D :p

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22040

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

make sure when you are typing these responses that you keep your pants on. I don't want any of you boys going blind.

Thanks
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:57 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

it's way past blindness...
Old 12-11-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
make sure when you are typing these responses that you keep your pants on. I don't want any of you boys going blind.

Thanks
And ruin my pants? No way.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 12-30-2008, 12:08 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tis official. matty ice is the 2008 OROY.
michael vick who?
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup great news for him going into his first playoff game.

http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/s...a_falcons.html

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-31-2008, 02:39 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Watch NFL.com's anatomy of a play on his 26 yard throw to Jenks.

I knew it was an awesome throw, but that guy really breaks it down. Jeez. We have someone amazing at QB. What a nice feeling.

Old 12-31-2008, 05:30 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its a b-e-a-utiful thing
Old 12-31-2008, 07:43 AM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

matt ryan is amazing, i kinda liked the falcons as my secondary team but now with him they are alot better. i guess u could say im a halfway bandwagoner. sorry

hopefully detroit can get a good qb that works out
eeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Preo32 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just played a guy on xbox live in Madden. He was Viks and I for the first time ever didnt use the Falcons and use the Dolphins. Anyway, Im talkin to him about how im a Falcons fan and stuff, and he tells me he goes to T'Wolves games all the time and eats out in the city and stuff, and he told me he saw Ryan, Roddy White, Lawyer Milloy, Ovie Mughelli, Jerious Norwood, and I think he said Michael Boley at Hooters in Minnesota. IDK what day he said cuz i couldnt hear well enough, but I dont think he's lying cuz he said he never even heard of Mughelli until he learned that was him at Hooters with the other Falcons players which he knew. Makes me want Atlanta to play in Chicago. Then again, Im goin off to college next year, and where ever i go, Imma have to try and see the Falcons as much as I can in person.

Matt Ryan is the greatest thing to happen to this franchise. Turner is a monster and that pickup was huge, and I believe Ryan can play how he does because of Turner. Turner is tough to stop and it opens up throwing lanes for Ryan. Either way, This has to be the best QB draft class ever. At least from a rookie-year stand point. Flacco is great, but I am glad we have Ryan, although i will admit i was hoping for a "pick Dorsey and trade up for Flacco" back on draft day. More of a trade up for Flacco cuz i didnt like Dorsey too much, but either way, this team has made great choices in the past year, and lets hope for a great one in Arizona

Atlanta Falcons
Preo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

my bro works vallet parking and he sees falcon players all the time

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-14-2009, 05:19 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Am I the only one who thinks Matt Ryan can be an all time great?

His rookie season has topped all QB rookie seasons except 1. He is Dan Marino.

His work ethic has been compared to Peyton Manning. His leadership skills have been compared to Tom Brady (by a player who played with Brady).

Some of the throws he has made have been absolutely brilliant. 62 yard TD to Jenkins against Detroit was right on the money after looking off the safety. His 55 yard TD throw to Roddy White was about as threading the needle as you get as he threw it right in between Samuels and a S/LB. His 26 yard throw to Jenkins was absolutely perfect, despite the pressure and situation. His would have been 48 yard throw to Roddy White at the end of the game hit White right in the hands. His throw to Harry Douglas in the Chicago game where it went right over the defenders fingertips for a 1st down (i think it was a 3rd down too).

Some of the drives he made were outstanding too. After the last 5 possessions ended in 4 punts and 1 interception, Matt Ryan lead the Falcons 84 yards in Philly during the 4th quarter, while converting 2 3rd downs and a 4th down. After being stuffed the whole Zona game, Matt Ryan lead the Falcons to a TD near the end of the game. Had we gotten the ball back in both games, I would bet money that we would have won the games.

He has work to do, but those kinds of things are unheard of by rookies. To think he has a whole offseason to work on his game, with his work ethic being one of his best qualities...

Matt Ryan 2009-2010 NFL MVP. That is my prediction.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's definitely shown signs of greatness. It will be interested to see how he takes his game to the next level. Too many stupid fumbles last year and he's got to learn how to throw a fade.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
He's definitely shown signs of greatness. It will be interested to see how he takes his game to the next level. Too many stupid fumbles last year and he's got to learn how to throw a fade.
He got better as the season progressed. I held my breath when he threw one to Finn against the Saints.

And the fumbles were dumb. I don't think he ever got stripped in the pocket though. Being sacked only 17 times helps, but that's impressive.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Mattt Ryaaan Is Takiing Us To Thee Supeeer Booowl!!!!

2010, Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-02-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

does anyone know if there is a place that i can find stats for third down completion percentage? i am convinced that matt ryan is one of the best in the league in a third and long situation.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flacco thread for the Ravens fan.

hopefully he doesn't have the sophomore slump
Old 03-02-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Mattt Ryaaan Is Takiing Us To Thee Supeeer Booowl!!!!

2010, Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

He's a god, but he can't play defense.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
He's a god, but he can't play defense.
Hey good call there. Maybe he could play DE?? He knows what the QB is thinking!!

lol, i hope you didn't think i was serious.

Quote:
we all hate you