Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 15 Discussion Thread

Huge game for Pittsburgh this week. If they win, I think they seal up the division crown.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:53 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs will beat down the Chrgers. Stillers will win.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:55 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PITTS GOING DOWN!
im excited for this game
some hard hitting, dirty football.... wooot gotta love it

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
PITTS GOING DOWN!
im excited for this game
some hard hitting, dirty football.... wooot gotta love it
Agreed. I know it wont be as high scored as the last game was. First team to 10 wins?
Old 12-11-2008, 09:56 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets go Steelers I guess

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:58 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Agreed. I know it wont be as high scored as the last game was. First team to 10 wins?
i say the defense that scores, will win.. just like in the last game
that dang fumble last game......UGHHHHHHHHHHH

i want tension to be hot during this game... i think it'll give it some entertainment value since the offenses will be doing nothing on both sides

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants/Cowboys is a game that both Giants fans/players and Cowboys fans/players have circled on their calendar since training camp.

Its gonna be a bloodbath.
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
i say the defense that scores, will win.. just like in the last game
that dang fumble last game......UGHHHHHHHHHHH

i want tension to be hot during this game... i think it'll give it some entertainment value since the offenses will be doing nothing on both sides
I think our defense can rattle Flacco again. If we get good field position, we have too many talented skill players to not get in the end zone.

Should be exciting to watch. I might have to go to another sports bar to watch it since the NFL has a boner for Favre and they arent showing the Steeler game down here.
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It has been a crazy year for Pitt. They are in the biggest game every week. haredest schedule I have seen in a long time. Like I said in the preseason if they can come away with double digit wins (which is GOING TO HAPPEN) they will be the most dangerous team come playoff time.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Last edited by bored of education : 12-11-2008 at 10:05 AM.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:00 AM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Some great matchups this week, some will pretty much define a teams season one way or the other.

I see the Cowboys beating the Giants, and the Ravens taking down (only just) the Steelers.

I still pick Steelers to win it all though, that D is just dirty.
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:03 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Giants/Cowboys is a game that both Giants fans/players and Cowboys fans/players have circled on their calendar since training camp.

Its gonna be a bloodbath.
I'm curious to see whether romo bounces back after that horrible game against the steelers. I hope spags is aggressive early and gets romo into a funk like we did in the playoffs last year. I think we should be able to run on them but if they stack the box and have some success stopping us I'm very interested to see if Hixon bounces back and provides the big plays he failed to provide against the iggles.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:20 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think our defense can rattle Flacco again. If we get good field position, we have too many talented skill players to not get in the end zone.

Should be exciting to watch. I might have to go to another sports bar to watch it since the NFL has a boner for Favre and they arent showing the Steeler game down here.
yea we had a problem with harrison last game(who doesn't) so were going to have to throw some double teams at him during passing plays which takes a RB or TE out of the play but i think we will be ok because we have suggs coming at big ben and it shouldnt be to hard to get passed that o-line just need to actually get ahold of big bens shifty a** but i agree i think its going to come down to field position i think this game is won by field goals ....i wish i could go to sleep and it would be sunday i cant wait going to be alot of big hits and trash talk.....and im changing my prediction to ravens still winning but the score will be 13-10
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
yea we had a problem with harrison last game(who doesn't) so were going to have to throw some double teams at him during passing plays which takes a RB or TE out of the play but i think we will be ok because we have suggs coming at big ben and it shouldnt be to hard to get passed that o-line just need to actually get ahold of big bens shifty a** but i agree i think its going to come down to field position i think this game is won by field goals ....i wish i could go to sleep and it would be sunday i cant wait going to be alot of big hits and trash talk.....and im changing my prediction to ravens still winning but the score will be 13-10
I dont think it would be smart to double Harrison as we have another stud in Woodley on the other side.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:28 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Steelers are the best team in football. Win or lose.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
I'm curious to see whether romo bounces back after that horrible game against the steelers. I hope spags is aggressive early and gets romo into a funk like we did in the playoffs last year. I think we should be able to run on them but if they stack the box and have some success stopping us I'm very interested to see if Hixon bounces back and provides the big plays he failed to provide against the iggles.
i see him having a good game. our pass rush has been lacking lately and law of averages says he follows up a terrible game with a good one.

Tuck has been quoted as saying that the lack of depth this year on the dline is starting to wear on the guys and thats why our sack numbers are down. That could be a problem in the future.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im thinking about staying up and watch the saints game and be ******* tired in school

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont think it would be smart to double Harrison as we have another stud in Woodley on the other side.
yea well i would rather take harrison out of the game(as much as possible) and we have a good o-line so i think we would be ok keeping woodly off of him not saying he wont get pressure but not anywhere as much as harrison would ....and i also think you guys are going to have a big problem with ngata pushing big ben out the problem everyplay none of your o-linemen will be able to stop him
Old 12-11-2008, 10:42 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
i see him having a good game. our pass rush has been lacking lately and law of averages says he follows up a terrible game with a good one.

Tuck has been quoted as saying that the lack of depth this year on the dline is starting to wear on the guys and thats why our sack numbers are down. That could be a problem in the future.
That's why I think it's important we get to him and hit him into a funk early, so that as the game wears on and our line gets more exhausted we don't need to be hitting him as much.

Although to me the key to this game will be our running game, if we can beat that dallas run d and control the clock we can let our D rest which in turn lets spags be more aggressive which is something he's disappointed me with these past few weeks.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
That's why I think it's important we get to him and hit him into a funk early, so that as the game wears on and our line gets more exhausted we don't need to be hitting him as much.

Although to me the key to this game will be our running game, if we can beat that dallas run d and control the clock we can let our D rest which in turn lets spags be more aggressive which is something he's disappointed me with these past few weeks.
yeah spags has really gotten away from blitzing lately. he needs to realize that our front 4 isn't what it was last year, he needs to actually blitz more this year than he did last year.

unless he's saving some stuff for the playoffs, but i doubt that.

I really think we need to put Alford in the game more. He's more valuable as a pass rusher than some of our 3rd DEs are, he'd bring a boost to the dline.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
yeah spags has really gotten away from blitzing lately. he needs to realize that our front 4 isn't what it was last year, he needs to actually blitz more this year than he did last year.

unless he's saving some stuff for the playoffs, but i doubt that.

I really think we need to put Alford in the game more. He's more valuable as a pass rusher than some of our 3rd DEs are, he'd bring a boost to the dline.
Yeah, I think Alford's a guy who really has gotten lost in the shuffle this season, he should be part of our pass rushing line this season be it as the lone DT playing next to tuck or playing alongside robbens or cofield.

I was actually thinking about whether spags was saving stuff for the playoffs last night, if he is I think we start seeing some of it in this stretch run so that he has a few games and the bye to sort it out and make sure he can rely on it.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yea well i would rather take harrison out of the game(as much as possible) and we have a good o-line so i think we would be ok keeping woodly off of him not saying he wont get pressure but not anywhere as much as harrison would ....and i also think you guys are going to have a big problem with ngata pushing big ben out the problem everyplay none of your o-linemen will be able to stop him
the pressure woodley had on romo forced the INT and Pick 6

Old 12-11-2008, 11:21 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
the pressure woodley had on romo forced the INT and Pick 6
last time we played them the pressure harrison had caused a fumble for 6
Old 12-11-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
last time we played them the pressure harrison had caused a fumble for 6
which was recoverd by Woodley :P

Old 12-11-2008, 11:26 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
which was recoverd by Woodley :P
yea that sucks this going to be a hard game
Old 12-11-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Gonzalez needs 2 catches and he will have 900 in his HOF career. :)

http://www.nfl.com/players/anthonygo...s?id=GON587645

He also leads all TE's this season in catches,yards and TD's so much for lost a step...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...S&d-447263-n=1

Give me a break it was hard work finding some thing good to say about the Chiefs.