Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-07-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
GREAT move. His character concerns won't be a problem here cause he'll get all the playing time he wants with us. He does have injury issues but he's the star we so desperatly need at WR. What'd you give up for him?
So far, these are the trades ive made (draft doesnt start till thursday)

Cardinals Get:
-Terrell Suggs DE
-Adam Terry OT

Ravens Get:
-Anquan Boldin

My Reasoning:Suggs was on his way out anyways. He wants way too much money, and everyone knows we can sub another player in there who can do what he does. Terry has been a disappointment since being drafted, and this class is deep at OT. Boldin is well worth it, as he gives us a true #1 receiver and he is one of my fave players in the league to watch. I recouped a first rounder, and we swapped 3rds and I gave our 5th for their 6th. Overall, I think it was a good deal for both sides.

Ravens Receive:

#240 Overall

Vikings Receive:

TE Todd Heap

My Reasoning: My personal hatred of Todd Heap factors in here im sure, but I couldnt wait to unload his gigantic contract and his injuries, especially since quinn is coming back and we just signed LJ Smith. Again, I have a few TE prospects that Im targeting, I really love this TE class. A 7th rounder seems low, but Heap is well past his peak and I have some sleeper prospects Im in love with.

Accepted

Browns Receive:

S Dawan Landry

Cb Frank Walker

# 96 Overall

Ravens Receive:

#50 Overall

# 104 Overall

My Reasoning: Here, I traded someone who was expendable (Landry) to recoup some of the picks I lost in the Boldin deal. Managed to get back a 2nd and an early 4th, while shedding extra baggage in Walker, who is trash. With Washington/Foxworth/Rolle/Carr at CB, im pretty confident walker could be let go.

Right now, I have these picks in the draft.

31. (1st) Baltimore Ravens (v/Arizona)
50. (2nd) Baltimore Ravens (v/ Tampa f/ Cleveland)
104. (4th) Baltimore Ravens (v/ Cleveland)
123. (4th) Baltimore Ravens
198. (6th) Baltimore Ravens
204. (6th) Baltimore Ravens (v/Arizona)
240. (7th) Baltimore Ravens (v/ Minnesota)

I feel like Im doing a great job so far, last time I ran a Forum Mock for the Ravens I got the highest draft grade on the Forum, so let me know what you guys think! Any input on prospects I could bring in, especially later in the rounds, is appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
ravensfan3jt
Rookie

ravensfan3jt smells like sex panther.

trading suggs was awful
Old 04-07-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would of just kept Suggs and drafted a WR but other than that it looks good
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:15 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensfan3jt View Post
trading suggs was awful
Care to elaborate? We have players who can step in and do what he did. Plus, this draft is filled with tweeners, if I really feel the need I can draft a replacement at 31 or 50. I got Anquan ******* Boldin. He is lightyears ahead of any WR in this draft, and we have shown time and time again that we can simply sub players into our system and they will succeed. Antwan Barnes has all the potential in the world, and I would say he is a better pass rusher then suggs, although he isnt nearly as sturdy against the run. I had an opportunity to bring in an elite talent at a position where it is hard to find that elite talent. I love Suggs as much as the next person, but he had expressed interest in playing in Arizona, and he was only here for one more year anyways. Boldin, in comparison, is a superior player at his position then Suggs is at his. If I had drafted a WR, it could have taken years for them to develop. This way, I get an elite talent at a position that takes time, and I can sub someone in in a position that doesnt.

So why was it awful again?
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets just see how he drafts before you bash him
Old 04-08-2009, 02:29 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would of just drafted a WR and kept Suggs. This draft is deep at WR and by trading him you not only created a hole at OLB but also created a hole at OT. Willie Anderson is prehistoric and now you are going to have to go OT early. Barnes has all the physical tools in the world but has never really put that potential to work on the field, and really hasn't shown any signs of progression since we drafted him, and this is coming from someone who pretty much messed their pants when we drafted him.

I mean I love Boldin but I'd rather have Suggs starting with DHB/Britt/Nicks added to the WR core and Adam Terry ready to fill in if either Gaither or Anderson were to go down, than Boldin/Mason/Clayton, Barnes starting, and no suitable players to fill in if Gaither/Anderson were hurt.

I wouldn't kill myself if these trades were made but I'd rather just stick with what we got.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:31 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if you can get a legit replacement for Suggs in the first round, I'm fine. I really like English oupt of Northern Illinois, but I'm gonna wait and see how your draft turns out until I comment. Not a huge fan of giving Suggs away but I wanna see his replacment before I comment. :)
Old 04-08-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I would of just drafted a WR and kept Suggs. This draft is deep at WR and by trading him you not only created a hole at OLB but also created a hole at OT. Willie Anderson is prehistoric and now you are going to have to go OT early. Barnes has all the physical tools in the world but has never really put that potential to work on the field, and really hasn't shown any signs of progression since we drafted him, and this is coming from someone who pretty much messed their pants when we drafted him.

I mean I love Boldin but I'd rather have Suggs starting with DHB/Britt/Nicks added to the WR core and Adam Terry ready to fill in if either Gaither or Anderson were to go down, than Boldin/Mason/Clayton, Barnes starting, and no suitable players to fill in if Gaither/Anderson were hurt.

I wouldn't kill myself if these trades were made but I'd rather just stick with what we got.
I agree with this completely. Boldin is beast but we are a defensive team and Suggs is a big part of that. I don't think Barnes would come in and do what Suggs does.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

in the past drafts WR have had a history of dropping. Say we go DHB round 1, and hypothetically speaking Nicks is at our pick in round 2. Would you pick up Nicks?
Old 04-08-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate that Todd Heap trade btw. I never thought I would say this but Heap is worth more than a 7th rd pick IMO. I would enjoy trading him but for a 7th I dont know.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I dont think its realistic we can trade him w/ his salary. I would love for us to trade him I agree but it would never work out
Old 04-10-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Wanted to keep you all updated. This is the forum mock so far:

#31. Clay Matthews, DE/OLB, Southern Cal
#50. Phil Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma

Add those two with Anquan, I feel like its an epic win so far...Ill take Matthews, Loadholt and Anquan over Suggs, Terry and Derrick Mason as our #1 anyday
Quote:
Old 04-10-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't. I'm having a hard time believing Matthews would excel in a 3-4, but I could see him doing well in a 4-3. I'm just not feeling the whole thing...
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Wanted to keep you all updated. This is the forum mock so far:

#31. Clay Matthews, DE/OLB, Southern Cal
#50. Phil Loadholt, OT, Oklahoma

Add those two with Anquan, I feel like its an epic win so far...Ill take Matthews, Loadholt and Anquan over Suggs, Terry and Derrick Mason as our #1 anyday
I like the load pick to play RT, such massive bookends with him and Gaither, not crazy about Matthews, IMO Clint Sintim would have been a better pick for the Ravens scheme and would have filled in as a monster pass rusher and run stopper for Tsizzle great.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
ravensfan3jt
Rookie

ravensfan3jt smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I like the load pick to play RT, such massive bookends with him and Gaither, not crazy about Matthews, IMO Clint Sintim would have been a better pick for the Ravens scheme and would have filled in as a monster pass rusher and run stopper for Tsizzle great.
i totally agree with tthat
Old 04-10-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree that Sintim is better then Mathews, Mathews sounds a lot like JJ. And I think it would be better to put a more athletic guy across of JJ
Old 04-10-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matthews is definitely way more athletic and fluid than JJ although not as stout, but with Sintim in our scheme he could have 10+ sacks his rookie season. Sintim's only flaw is pass coverage but for a 34 OLB that isn't as important as on most 3rd downs he'll be rushing the passer anyways.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yes I agree I would love Sintim in Baltimore. He out produced Curry in sacks, I think he could fit into our hybrid perfectly. Obviously coverage isnt a strong point but he wont be a fish out of water in coverage, plus his attitude is top notch. He would be perfect for us
Old 04-11-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I think Matthews is a more fluid athlete then Sintim, and from everything I saw, he is just as good of a pass rusher...he may not have the stats, but Matthews brings alot to the table, he is a great all around LB and I love the kids work ethic...at that point, I had Matthews rated higher on my BB then Sintim, so I pulled the trigger on the player I preferred...
Quote:
Old 04-11-2009, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I wouldnt mind either honestly, I just think Sintim has more upside and is more athletic so he would be a better fit for us.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:07 AM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

If Ravens got Sintim I'd be so happy I'd shot jellybeans outta my asss and run for mayor

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sintim is the 2nd coming of Demarcus Ware. at 3-4 OLB he'd be a beast! But anyone else kinda getting erie of DHB? I was talking to a friend the other day who knows too much about the draft for his age and he gave me some very good reasons why Heyward-Bey has a high bust potential. I think Britt or Nicks would be safer picks. I wouldn't mind DHB, but he'd take a while to blossom and is a HUGE risk.
thoughts?
Old 04-11-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree w/ that assesment. I will be happy with either 3. But I agree DHB has the most potential but he also has a big bust potential as well.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

DHB is head and shoulders above Britt and Nicks IMO. While I like Britt and Nicks, DHB is actually a really good prospect, one I have valued as a Top 20 Pick.

Also, from everything I have seen, including tape and workouts, Clay Matthews is more athletic and fluid then Sintim, hence why I chose him. Sintim looked really stiff in any coverage I saw him in, and while Im sure he would be great as an elephant LB, a little versatility with someone like Clay, who can excel outside and even shift inside if need be, is more important to me. To be honest, when i look at Clay, I see a more athletic version of Mike Vrabel. And Im certainly ok with that.
Quote:
Old 04-12-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gimme DHB (who was available at our original pick) and Suggs over your draft. I just do not see the potential in Matthews to get anywhere near Suggs' level but I do think DHB has the potential to be at or near Boldins level someday.