Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-21-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually not as opposed to trading Suggs for Boldin as I was before, but we would be losing value IMO. Our FO has already said that they think Suggs is more valuable than Boldin too. I just REALLY don't think Matthews is a good pick for us...
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we please get over that damn fantasy mock?? It's not real!! And it's not going to happen. Anyways about Hakeem Nicks and his wieght problems, I heard he got it under control but I did hear that he has some issues with staying on the field. Apparently he got tired after some simple route running drills.... Now THAT scares me.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Just as a parting shot to the forum mock criticisms, here is the official draft grade and synopsis from "Mel Kiper"
Is this supposed to change anyone's mind??
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Is this supposed to change anyone's mind??
No, its to prove your opinion doesnt count, seeing as everyone else liked what I did...and by "your" I dont mean everyone in this forum, I mean you specifically
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, its to prove your opinion doesnt count, seeing as everyone else liked what I did...and by "your" I dont mean everyone in this forum, I mean you specifically
How many actual Ravens fans liked what you did?
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if you want to cherry pick whos opinions count then no offense but internet message boards are not for you. Just because a guy hates your draft doesnt mean he is wrong or his opinion doesnt count. Also its a freaking fantasy draft for crying out loud no reason for people from both parties to get fired up.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
How many actual Ravens fans liked what you did?
Seeing as Ravens fans are apparently blinded by an amazing man love for Suggs, its everyone else's opinion that I'm entitled to listen to in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
if you want to cherry pick whos opinions count then no offense but internet message boards are not for you. Just because a guy hates your draft doesnt mean he is wrong or his opinion doesnt count. Also its a freaking fantasy draft for crying out loud no reason for people from both parties to get fired up.
Oh, its just an inside joke R/W/O and I have going on. We love each other deep down, really.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://wnst.net/wordpress/drewforres...s-their-top-5/

This guy claims this is our top 5.

discuss
Old 04-23-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://wnst.net/wordpress/drewforres...s-their-top-5/

This guy claims this is our top 5.

discuss
Can't say I am surprised to see Pettigrew and Maualuga that high on our draft list...

On another board I read they said it's being reported the Ravens offered a #1 and a player not named Suggs, Heap, McGahee, Rice, or Clayton for Boldin. I can't for the life of me think who it would be, McClain?
Old 04-23-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Jarrett Johnson maybe???

but overall IDK how reliable that site is.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the falcons getting Gonzo and the eagles
Crazy over Moreno the chance of getting Pettigrew is huge. I'm personally not a HUGE fan of him but he'd clearly be a huge upgrade but I still think WR is a much much bigger need. We have 3 decent guys in Heap, Smith, and Quinn.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jarrett Johnson maybe???

but overall IDK how reliable that site is.
It's another forum where we are following the Boldin saga, they said Jon Clayton was reporting it, I don't know if it was on TV, on the Radio or what, there was no link though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
With the falcons getting Gonzo and the eagles
Crazy over Moreno the chance of getting Pettigrew is huge. I'm personally not a HUGE fan of him but he'd clearly be a huge upgrade but I still think WR is a much much bigger need. We have 3 decent guys in Heap, Smith, and Quinn.
I think Pettigrew gives you everything you could want in a TE, I am really high on him, I'd rate Maualuga higher on my personal big board but Pettigrew would be my number 2 for sure. Heap's not half the player he was, Smith is only here for a year and Quinn is nothing more than a #2 TE.

Look at that, takes 3 guys to tackle him, the dude is a man beast.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've wanted Pettigrew to the Ravens for a long time but thought and still think that the chances are slim he falls to us. Still one great player always manages to fall to us. The thing is Pettigrew isn't Antonio Gates but he is just as good and reliable as Todd Heap was in his prime. Add to that the fact he's basically an extra tackle out there with his superior blocking skills, I think picking up would be one of the lowest risk picks possible.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Yeah, I just watched some tape on him, and also what scouts had to say, and I must say, I'm impressed. I never really paid any attention to him since we already have 3 guys on the roster and he would probably not fall to us, but with the recent events, I think Pettigrew could most defenetly fall to us. He'd be the perfect guy for our offense and Cam Cameron and what he looks for in TE's. (block and catch) Heap couldn't do both, Quinn is 1 dimensional, and L.J. is a backup. From the minute Pettigrew is drafted, he'd be our #1 TE and fit perfectly into what we want our TE's to do. Block, he dominates and in a division with Woodley and Harrision, it'd be awesome to have him, and as a pass catcher he is a very tall and physical (just what we need in our recievers) He won't be that deep threat we need, but he'd be a monster in short yardage situtations and Cameron would work wonders with him. I'm on his bandwagon :D
Old 04-23-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

also 1 negative is he has had some off the field issues, which kinda turn me off, but then again, its not something he's been doing all his life.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really love Pettigrew. His hands are so strong and reliable. Also people knock his speed but IMO for his massive size his speed is pretty darn impressive. Hell if he busts I don't doubt that he could pull a Jason Peters and beef up to become a good LT. One side note but call it a bad feeling, but I think we might be looking at Connor Barwin. He is that superior athlete who right now projects to a 34 OLB and TE about evenly. I just see Ozzie falling in love with his versatility. I personally think he's 3rd round value but he's shooting up boards and is in the realm of possibility. Don't be surprised if we are all saying WTF on draft day if we hear his name at 26.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

We already have our OLB/TE in Edgar Jones!
Old 04-23-2009, 05:07 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
We already have our OLB/TE in Edgar Jones!
Hah yeah, but didn't he play DE?

Old 04-23-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I really love Pettigrew. His hands are so strong and reliable. Also people knock his speed but IMO for his massive size his speed is pretty darn impressive. Hell if he busts I don't doubt that he could pull a Jason Peters and beef up to become a good LT. One side note but call it a bad feeling, but I think we might be looking at Connor Barwin. He is that superior athlete who right now projects to a 34 OLB and TE about evenly. I just see Ozzie falling in love with his versatility. I personally think he's 3rd round value but he's shooting up boards and is in the realm of possibility. Don't be surprised if we are all saying WTF on draft day if we hear his name at 26.
oh my god. I will throw knives at my brand new T.V. if we took Connor Barwin at 26. Maybe if we traded back and got some extra picks, I could see some logic in it, but ughh, I'd rather take Nicks, Britt, Mack, Unger, or even Percy Harvin.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally, some more Pettigrew love going on around here!
Old 04-23-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I like Pettigrew, but I could see us passing one the tight end spot. I think Ozzie might like the threesome of Heap, LJ Smith, and Sypniewski.

I think linebacker could be a candidate for us, whether it be a versatile outside backer like Connor Barwin or a thumper like Maualuga to take Bart's spot. Speaking of Mauluga, I like him alot if he's there for us at 26. He's a Scott clone IMO, would complement Ray Lewis well, and we could see something like Maualuga/Gooden when Lewis hangs em up. He's been called overrated a decent amount, but I think he's one of those guys that's called overrated so much that he's actually a bit underrated.

Anyway, I really don't know where we're gonna go, but here are some guys I could see as possibilities early on for us on Saturday:

-Darrius Heyward-Bey
-Vontae Davis
-Hakeem Nicks
-Kenny Britt
-Eben Britton
-Rey Maualuga
-Connor Barwin
-Darius Butler
-Brandon Pettigrew
-Percy Harvin

I also think we could see a trade down, which I wouldn't be totally opposed to.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Pettigrew is basically Heap w/o a squeaky clean mormon image:). I would like him but I am just a bit nervous about him hitting a cop. That shows bad character but if we interviewed him and he knows it was a mistake I wont be opposed to it
Old 04-23-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Pettigrew is basically Heap w/o a squeaky clean mormon image:). I would like him but I am just a bit nervous about him hitting a cop. That shows bad character but if we interviewed him and he knows it was a mistake I wont be opposed to it
Pettigrew is infinitely more talented as a blocker then Heap is, and it isnt even close. Heap is also a more fluid receiver then Pettigew. In fact, I dont see that comparison at all. If I wanted a pro comparison for Pettigrew, it would probably be Daniel Graham or the Green Bay version of Bubba Franks. I dont see Todd Heap at all.
Quote:
Old 04-23-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Pettigrew is infinitely more talented as a blocker then Heap is, and it isnt even close. Heap is also a more fluid receiver then Pettigew. In fact, I dont see that comparison at all. If I wanted a pro comparison for Pettigrew, it would probably be Daniel Graham or the Green Bay version of Bubba Franks. I dont see Todd Heap at all.
I agree, but IDK if the Graham comparison does him justice. He seems like a better receiver than he is.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I would like Barwin, but I think we would consider trading down for him. He is very raw but is athletic and has a nice work ethic. I love that in a player.