Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 02-24-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see us targeting that CIN WR, I am forgeting his name right now but his story of living in a car and working 4 jobs to get enough $ to re-roll will make Harbaugh fall in love with him.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I could see us targeting that CIN WR, I am forgeting his name right now but his story of living in a car and working 4 jobs to get enough $ to re-roll will make Harbaugh fall in love with him.
-Mardy Gilyard..
He's a solid option in the 2nd round.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Well I think we are going to be picking in the 1st unless the Broncos draft Dez Bryant at #11. I would like to see us use our #1 to either get Marshall or draft Defense or TE. In the 2nd I would like to see us draft Myron Rolle. I feel he would be a great fit for the Ravens...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2nd is too high for Myron Rolle. Hes more of a 3rd-4th round guy even with the strong senior bowl week he just had. Not to mention, hes very similar to Zbi. Someone like Nate Allen in the 2nd makes alot more sense, if we do go S there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:13 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

What would everyone think of picking up Dezmon Briscoe in the 2nd or 3rd?

His in game performance is much better then Benn and would give us that size that Cam loves in WR's...
Old 03-01-2010, 08:59 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
What would everyone think of picking up Dezmon Briscoe in the 2nd or 3rd?

His in game performance is much better then Benn and would give us that size that Cam loves in WR's...
NOOOOOOOOOO
Dez Briscoe sucked it up at the combine, no thanks.
I either want
1. Demaryius Thomas
2. Golden Tate
3. Jordan Shipley
Old 03-01-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't think Briscoe is deserving of a second round pick (maybe not even a third). Yeah his in-game performance looks better, but remember he came from Mangino's Kansas offense with a far better QB. As for the size, they are both pretty much the same in regards to height and weight so that's a moot point.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would anyone be pissed if the Raven's don't take a wide receiver in the first?
Old 03-01-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Would anyone be pissed if the Raven's don't take a wide receiver in the first?
Yes. I'm counting on you guys to take Golden Tate.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all depends on who we get, I honestly could see us taking any positition except QB,RB,G
Old 03-01-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im thinking at 25, alot of people are options...a darkhorse I think is a guy like Sean Weatherspoon if hes still available, but I dont really expect him to be. He just seems like a Ravens player though. Also, Brandon Graham and Jerry Hughes seem like legitimate options at this point. my #1 choice would still be Jermaine Gresham.

In fact, unless we move our first rounder for Brandon Marshall, Id almost rather we didnt draft a WR in round 1. Its such a deep draft at that position with people like Gilyard and Demaryius Thomas most likely available at our 2nd round pick, I think we can afford to (And will) go BPA in round 1.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weatherspoon would definitely be an interesting pick. I wouldn't be totally opposed to it since he's schematically diverse and would be a great addition to a team transitioning to a 4-3. We could line up with Weatherspoon/Lewis/(Gooden, Ellerbe, Ayanbandejo) right now and wed have a great young core for the future as well. I think I'd rather not go receiver in the first right now as well, but Damain Williams is awfully tempting for me. I don't think he'll be there at our second round pick, yet I don't think Ozzie would reach for him with our first. I'm hoping for a trade-down :).
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I know people like Graham but IDK if we would take him. He is Krueger like and we already have Suggs at DE.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
RavenMadness
Rookie

RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness

The biggest mistake drafting is drafting players purely off need. If were not in love with any Round 1 Recievers I pray to god we don't take one. I'd much rather prefer a Sergio Kindle, Kyle Wilson, or Carlos Dunlap.
RavenMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:25 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

There's been a ton of talk recently about how Dez Bryant might be slipping.. Arrelious Benn could very well be the first receiver drafted, and if Dez is available at #25 I'd be thrilled if Baltimore drafted him.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:27 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
There's been a ton of talk recently about how Dez Bryant might be slipping.. Arrelious Benn could very well be the first receiver drafted, and if Dez is available at #25 I'd be thrilled if Baltimore drafted him.
I can't see him falling that far not with Teams like NE and Cincy that are looking for WR's

Though as I said in previous posts every year a player like that drops for a variety of reasons. Golden Tate improved his stock, so he could move up a lot moving Bryant down the board and other positions could bump him out. With the way the huge cost vs risk ways into drafting players we could see WR's be pushed down the board allowing us to maybe make a move up the board a few spots into the 19-16 range if he fell to go and pick up Bryant
Old 03-02-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Dez Bryant wont get out of the top 10, and I havent heard any of this "talk" of yours. He looked chiselled and in shape at the combine, and the game film speaks for itself. In fact, Everything Ive heard suggests hes a legitimate option for the Bucs at #3, so I dont know where you are getting your information, but I would be willing to bet just about anything that Arrelious Benn does not go before Dez Bryant come draft day. I also guarantee that barring a ridiculous trade up, Bryant wont be a Raven. There is absolutely, 100% no way that he falls to 25, unless he publicly comes out and announces that he suffocates babies in his spare time.
Quote:
Old 03-02-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol at Dez being there at 25. He had a pulled hammy, big deal. Most top guys at their position didn't work out. He'll go on his pro day run in the 4.4's and he'll be in the top 10. IMO he's a better prospect than Crabtree. Weatherspoon is also very unlikely at 25. That's one guy if you want a jumper, who could jump over McClain as the first LB taken.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I havent heard any of this "talk" of yours. I dont know where you are getting your information, but I would be willing to bet just about anything that Arrelious Benn does not go before Dez Bryant come draft day. There is absolutely, 100% no way that he falls to 25
Listen cupcake
I doubt he falls to #25 too, but it could happen.
Teams, and GMs evaluate every aspect of the players personality before drafting anybody.
There's been a lot of negative feedback on Bryants attitude, and he's now getting more and more notorious with his character issues
Reports came in from all over circling Bryants immaturity and off the field behavior.
Ex-teammates, and coaches call him irresponsible.
Sources say he was frequently late to meetings, and practices, and was even late to actual games.
Other sources call him a goofball, and that he doesn't take life seriously enough..
He's gotten suspended. Not only in highschool, but in college as well.

- I like the guys game just as much you do, but teams now know more details concerning his character. It could happen, most likely won't, but it definitely could.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Barring some ridiculous statement where he admits to covering himself in cocaine and letting 15 hookers sniff it off of him, there is no chance Dez Bryant falls to 25. As in, 0%. It just will not happen.
Quote:
Old 03-02-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i could see the drop in a QB. WRs not so much.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Isn't that what they said about Aaron Rodgers? Brady Quinn? Michael Oher? Randy Moss?
Old 03-02-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Bengals fan, I hope Bryant isn't there at 25, because that means we skipped over him lol.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:50 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Isn't that what they said about Aaron Rodgers? Brady Quinn? Michael Oher? Randy Moss?
No. In fact, that wasn't said about any of those people. People knew Rodgers would fall is Smith went #1. They just didn't know he would fall to 24. The same was said for Quinn. Oher had the misfortune of coming into a very strong tackle class and was heavily overanalyzed. Randy Moss was a bit before my time as far as following the draft was concerned, but the character issues there were a bit more severe then what Bryant shows.

I'm promising all of you Bryant doesn't fall to 25. Our best chance at him would probably be if he fell to 11. The Jags dont have a 2nd rounder and may be looking to move back, and we have had positive dealings with them in the past. Thats pretty much our only legit chance at Bryant being in a Ravens uniform. Even then, Im skeptical to think he falls to 11. Hell, the ******* Jaguars might draft him if hes there. The Bucs, Skins, Chiefs, Seahawks, Browns, Bills and Broncos are all legitimate options for Bryant, and thats just in the top 10.
Quote:
Old 03-02-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure you can say he could drop to 25, just as Suh and McCoy could for some crazy reasons. Freak drops always happen, but you shouldn't be talking about them for a team in the mid 20's until it actually happens. Just as we don't talk about say Eric Berry or Joe Haden, but obviously if they drop we'll take them, but they aren't in our draft focus because it's highly unlikely they will be there.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote