Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-31-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I agree I am feeling we get the best DPOY with our first round pick.

Personally Im interested in Jon Baldwin WR out of PITT. Even though he probably hates us being born and raised in Pit. He has nice size and physical tools.
Eh he's way too raw of a route runner and his speed/vertical ability is a bit overrated. I think you either go with a refined big bodied possession receiver like Hankerson, or Pettis or Tolliver later in the draft, or you go for a pure speed slot type guy like Jernigan, Titus, or Cobb. Of course you could get a little of both in Torrey Smith :)

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 01-31-2011 at 09:40 PM.
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good point about Baldwin but I love his size its unbelieveable.

Anyone think we will go after Baily if he is at our pick? He seems to "play like a RAven" and has unbelieveable physical tools. Im just nervous he never puts them together. HE is incredibly slow off of the snap.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:53 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Baldwin would be an excellent WR. Go watch him play from last year when he actually had a QB throw to him. Dude has amazing hops, and catches everything in sight.

Pitt used him terribly this year, and almost gave him the opposite of what hes good at at. I don't think I've seen anyone on this board who loves Baldwin, but you could put me on the bandwagon. Sure he isn't a very good route runner, but most college WR's aren't.

In a couple of years, people will wonder why they hated him so much.

As for Bailey, I don't think hes worth a first round pick anymore. He was invisible at the senior-bowl, so we might have a shot at him in the 2nd.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:56 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baldwin is awful. Ill elaborate later, but he's actual quite a terrible receiver. I see him being an epic bust in the NFL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baldwin is in that Demaryius Thomas mold, great physical tools but unproven route running ability. It's easy to say that a guy will learn how to run routes in the NFL but the bust rate on guys like that are extremely high. Peter Warrick, DHB, Devin Thomas, etc.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Baldwin is in that Demaryius Thomas mold, great physical tools but unproven route running ability. It's easy to say that a guy will learn how to run routes in the NFL but the bust rate on guys like that are extremely high. Peter Warrick, DHB, Devin Thomas, etc.
To be fair to Peter Warrick, he did have 253 catches and 20 total TDs (18 Rec and 2 Rushing) in his first four years. He's not quite in the DHB bust category.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:03 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jon Baldwin is insane!!! I would love to see him go to us at 26, it would be the perfect pick IMO.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Again, you guys fail to realize even someone like Colston would have sucked in the Pitt team with the way they were using him.

Watch his tape from last year, when they were actually utilizing him.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've watched Baldwin extensively, and he's done next to nothing to convince me that he's going to be a successful NFL WR. He relies almost purely on athleticism to beat college corners and that isn't something he'll be able to do in the NFL. He cannot get off the jam to save his life...he has horrible hand use and his only means of gaining separation is to blow right past the corner off the snap. If that doesn't work and the CB gets his hands on him, it's over. For proof of this, check the Pitt/Miami game. Brandon Harris absolutely manhandles Baldwin, and Baldwin is probably 7 inches taller and 40 pounds heavier. When he does run an intermediate route, which is rare, he doesn't sink his hips in and out of his breaks and isn't sudden in his cuts. He can't sink his hips due to his size and he rounds off the top of his routes consistently. He doesn't do any of the little things that make a receiver successful at the NFL level, and I think he's got bust written all over him. If we're taking a WR at 26, I'd much rather it be Torrey Smith. But again, I'd rather go BPA on defense at 26 and draft someone like Titus Young or Jerrell Jernigan in the second round.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

I like Baldwin, but I agree I would rather get a speedster like Young or Jernigan.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm also beginning to think that addressing CB in the draft is less and less important. I really like a guy like Jimmy Smith, but we're surprisingly deep at CB with Fox coming back. Wilson, Webb, Carr, Fox are pretty good and Fabian can play a bit if he has to. We will have no CB over 28 this season and Wilson and Webb are both only 25. Obviously from a fan perspective, we want that #1 CB but unless there's one guy early on that the organization really loves, I don't think we go that direction; much to the dismay of some.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya that is our only beef at CB we dont have a pro bowl contender. But it will be fine when we get fox back and I assume we improve our pass rush. I still want a 34 OLB. My hopes arent up for Kindle and we are making Kruger 34 DE.

Will anyone complain w/ best DPA at 26?

Also guys do you think its possible Bailey slips to us in the 2nd? I know I said I didnt want him in the first but id take him in the 2nd w/ those physical tools.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ya that is our only beef at CB we dont have a pro bowl contender. But it will be fine when we get fox back and I assume we improve our pass rush. I still want a 34 OLB. My hopes arent up for Kindle and we are making Kruger 34 DE.

Will anyone complain w/ best DPA at 26?

Also guys do you think its possible Bailey slips to us in the 2nd? I know I said I didnt want him in the first but id take him in the 2nd w/ those physical tools.
Yeah BPA all the way at 26 as long as its front seven, WR or O-Line.

Also Bailey in the 2nd would be great. We don't run a true 3-4 anyways. It's more of a 3-4 over with Sizzle in the rush end role. The end opposite of Ngata plays more like a 4-3 LE anyways which is where Bailey would be perfectly suited. We wouldn't need an immediate contribution so we could let him develop.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

ya we would use our other ILB just like a 43 WLB. It will be interesting to see how Pagano changes it.

I just wish we would pick an identity and go with it. This 43 plays w/ a 34 front makes my head wanna explode.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
ya we would use our other ILB just like a 43 WLB. It will be interesting to see how Pagano changes it.

I just wish we would pick an identity and go with it. This 43 plays w/ a 34 front makes my head wanna explode.
You're right about the ILB as a WLB and JJ basically plays SAM. A few other teams actually run something similar to this. It's not so much indecision on 3-4 and 4-3 as much as it is a variation on those fronts. It actually makes a lot of sense to run that front with our current personnel.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

ya but we need to blitz more. thank god Mattison is out now we can actually blitz more

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 02-03-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:07 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dream Ravens mock:

Rd 1: Jon Baldwin WR, Pittsburgh
Rd 2: Allen Bailey DE, Miami
Rd 3: Ras-I Dowling CB, Virginia
Rd 4: Kyle Hix OT, Texas
Rd 5: Aldrick Robinson WR, S.M.U.
Rd 6: Kenny Rowe OLB, Oregon
Rd 7: Shaun Chapas FB, Georgia

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 02-04-2011, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I wouldnt complain w/ that one bit.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:43 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
My dream Ravens mock:

Rd 1: Jon Baldwin WR, Pittsburgh
Rd 2: Allen Bailey DE, Miami
Rd 3: Ras-I Dowling CB, Virginia
Rd 4: Kyle Hix OT, Texas
Rd 5: Aldrick Robinson WR, S.M.U.
Rd 6: Kenny Rowe OLB, Oregon
Rd 7: Shaun Chapas FB, Georgia
I like everything except Dowling. Personally I wouldn't touch him in any round for this team, I just don't see him as a fit in any scheme that runs man-coverage for the majority of it's plays.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:18 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I would complain about everything. Allen Bailey, for all his hype, has bust written all over him. Sure he's built, but the guy has no football skills whatsoever. He's incredibly slow off the line, has brutal hand use to disengage, and no real position. He isn't a pass rusher, he isn't a run stuffer...he's kind of just there. My thoughts on Baldwin are posted above, but keep him away from the Ravens. If we insist on drafting a WR in Round 1, please let it be Torrey Smith. My dream Ravens draft would look something like...

1) Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
2) Titus Young, WR, Boise State
3) Mark Herzlich, LB, Boston College
4) Jake Kirkpatrick, C, TCU
5) Ian Williams, DT, Notre Dame
6) Henry Hynoski, FB, Pittsburgh
7) Alex Wujciak, LB, Maryland

Now THAT would be spectacular.
Quote:
Old 02-04-2011, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

i agree what you say about Bailey, but he is such a freakish athlete and a hard worker. Id take that risk in round 2.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I like everything except Dowling. Personally I wouldn't touch him in any round for this team, I just don't see him as a fit in any scheme that runs man-coverage for the majority of it's plays.
I agree, but I think in Rd 3 with his size and skillset it would be something to good to pass up. But he isn't exactly the schematical fit.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 02-04-2011, 10:16 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

It's just come to my attention I need a new sig, maybe go with a draft hopeful Jon Baldwin sig. I love to have a silly Dannell Ellerbe sig but I doubt he is with us much longer. :(

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 02-04-2011, 10:50 AM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Yeah we don't have a pro-bowl CB, but neither does Pittsburgh. Our secondary is actually better.

A great pass-rush can mask an average secondary.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I would complain about everything. Allen Bailey, for all his hype, has bust written all over him. Sure he's built, but the guy has no football skills whatsoever. He's incredibly slow off the line, has brutal hand use to disengage, and no real position. He isn't a pass rusher, he isn't a run stuffer...he's kind of just there. My thoughts on Baldwin are posted above, but keep him away from the Ravens. If we insist on drafting a WR in Round 1, please let it be Torrey Smith. My dream Ravens draft would look something like...

1) Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
2) Titus Young, WR, Boise State
3) Mark Herzlich, LB, Boston College
4) Jake Kirkpatrick, C, TCU
5) Ian Williams, DT, Notre Dame
6) Henry Hynoski, FB, Pittsburgh
7) Alex Wujciak, LB, Maryland

Now THAT would be spectacular.
Except that Jimmy Smith is a mid 2nd rounder its reachin for need, Titus Young is overrated, and Wujciak makes our LB core slower.

Herzlich and Kirkpatrick are ok picks especially MH in rd 3, and if we got Wujciak in rd 7 I wouldnt complain just because he's a Terp but I doubt he would even make the team.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999