Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 02-20-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Jbond was on IRC today talking saying he's heard the Ravens are extremely high on David Reed and may not be planning to address WR as early as previously thought. Obviously it's all just chatter at this point but take it for what it's worth.
I still don't see the explosiveness out of the receiver position that we need. If the team is planning on using Reed as the primary slot guy and they think Mason will return i guess I could see why we might pass on taking one, but we still need more talent at the position IMO.

We'll still probably take the value pick at DE or DE/OLB though, it seems like an Ozzie move.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the best of the fast/big play/explosive WRs comes in the later rounds.
Besides my boy Cecil Shorts, theres;
- Edmond Gates (3rd)
- Dwayne Harris (3rd)
- Detron Lewis (5th)
- Aldrick Robinson (6th)
Old 02-20-2011, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Reed, I heard they are high on Reed to. I remember in the season Harbs said "Remember his name he will be a star." But still i dont see him having #1 pro bowl potential. If he is going to be a star like Harbs claims he will probably be a elite slot WR. And even if Reed because a great WR we still have nothing for the future besides him and those TEs. I have no hope for Smith or Harper
Old 02-20-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see him working the sidelines like Mason nor stretching the field like a Desean Jackson. my best guess is that he's a more explosive Wes Welker type guy, moving the chains on third down, working intermediate to short over the middle routes.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya that is exactly what I see in him, like he has shown through KRs that he has the speed to take a 7 yard slant 80 yards to the house. Plus with him being a gunner on special teams I think he will be physical enough to go over the middle. We still need a guy like Torry Smith at WR. I could see us targeting him, he has good character and could be a vertical threat for us
Old 02-21-2011, 12:43 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

edit - This was a lie to trick APS. Mission accomplished, kinda.

Last edited by TACKLE : 02-21-2011 at 02:26 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:01 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Ravens don't need a CB at all. All we need to do is draft Jonathan Baldwin at 26, possibly even trade up for him if we had to. He's the most sure-fire WR in this class and might be the best WR in this class. You can teach polish but you can't teach that combination of H/W/S. IT'S A TRAP!
This post makes me want to take you out of the 10K thread I literally JUST MADE. Why do you insist on hurting me like this?

EDIT: AH! Now I see that it was just a trap to get me to waste my 10K post! You sneaky bastard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:29 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
This post makes me want to take you out of the 10K thread I literally JUST MADE. Why do you insist on hurting me like this?

EDIT: AH! Now I see that it was just a trap to get me to waste my 10K post! You sneaky bastard.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:13 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Aaron Williams, Jeremy Beal, Nate Irving
2)Jimmy Smith, Greg Jones, Dwayne Harris
3)Titus Young, Curtis Brown, Sam Acho
Old 02-21-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Jimmy Smith wont be at our 1st, and Beal isnt really 1st round pick worthy.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Beal is definitely worth a first rounder imo, but no one will pick him there most likely, so I would wait and snatch him up in the 2nd. Than laugh at the rest of the NFL when he becomes a star.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:17 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
1) Aaron Williams, Jeremy Beal, Nate Irving
2)Jimmy Smith, Greg Jones, Dwayne Harris
3)Titus Young, Curtis Brown, Sam Acho
I'm not a fan of any of those scenarios to be honest. I'd be most pleased with 2, but we don't get a pass-rusher in that one and that's a big flaw IMO.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Nothing groundbreaking at all but it just confirms what we already knew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric DeCosta
Unsurprisingly and understandably, DeCosta was vague when talking about who the Ravens might target in April's draft, saying, "We need playmakers at all positions."

"And that could be cornerback. That could be pass rushers. That could be receivers," DeCosta said. That’s not to say we’re not going to look at the offensive line. We could have some holes there to fill. ... We need guys that can make critical plays when we need them in the fourth quarter. We lost a lot of fourth-quarter leads this year and we want to put a stop to that."
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/b...,7246002.story
Old 02-21-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

ya but he isnt gonna give something groundbreaking before the draft. I like De Costa though, he is the heir to Ozzie I hope he stays around for us to pick him up.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, I've been hoping that DeCosta will stay with us until Ozzie is gone, and I hope no other team in the league will make him an offer he can't refuse.

He's already turned down Seattle, I'm sure he's smart enough that he know's the best place for his success is in Baltimore, but I hope he's also patient enough, because IDK how long Ozzie will be here either.

also thought this was a short interesting read regarding Flacco and where he ranks with the rest of the QB's in the league.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-quarterback/

here's a short piece

Quote:
“I saw Matt Cassel play against the Baltimore Ravens in the playoffs. He was a Pro Bowl quarterback,” Decosta said 105.7 The Fan with Ed Norris and Steve Davis. “And who would you rather have: Joe Flacco or Matt Cassel? [Cassel is] making $60 million this year.”

We’d take Flacco, even if he wasn’t cheaper and younger.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

we know ozzie is out sooner or later, honestly I dont think Ozzie will be here in 5 years. he has stated he is very interested in getting a job back at Alabama, probably as the athletic director.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:03 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

So in the forum mock this is how the Ravens draft has gone thus far;
1st- CB, Aaron Williams.
2nd- DE, Jeremy Beal.
3rd- WR, Edmond Gates
- with 2 5ths, a 6th, and a 7th. I look for Baltimore to address the following.
5th) RB- Jacquizz Rogers.
5th) ILB- Orie Lemon.
6th) FS - Tejay Johnson
7th) OG - Thomas Claiborne

any advice?
Old 02-28-2011, 09:58 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, Ive said it 20 times in this thread, dont draft Jeremy Beal. He ran a 5.13 forty today. I do like the Edmund Gates pick and Quizz Rogers would be alright I suppose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I would be happy with Brooks Reed in the first and Edmund Gates in the second :D.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love that some of you who hate Jon Baldwin and act like he has nothing to offer love guys like Cecil Shorts. Cecil Shorts is just what we need another slow/average size and skillset WR, he'll really change this offense!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha and then we tender that waste of space Jameel McClain at around 2 million for next year.......****** laughable.

At least we brought back Ellerbe.....not that our dickhead coach will play him.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

At this point I hope we add one of these receivers in the draft: Baldwin, Hankerson, Young, Gates, Cobb, or maybe Torrey Smith. Pretty much the standard group of guys minus Jernigan. Hopefully Ozzie doesn't try and fix the position with yet another mid-round project.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I would be happy with Brooks Reed in the first and Edmund Gates in the second :D.
I'd love Reed in the first, but Edmund Gates in the 2nd is a little too early for my taste.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
I'd love Reed in the first, but Edmund Gates in the 2nd is a little too early for my taste.
Perhaps, but I'm just desperate to add receiving talent to the Ravens :). I don't think Hankerson or Young will be available at our second pick, and I'm not sure who I like better out of Cobb and Gates. I feel as if Gates is a better receiver on the outside though, so I threw his name in there. If we decide to take a guy in the first I think it would have to be Baldwin or Smith, but I just don't have faith that we will take one at 26.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Hey guys, what's everyone's thoughts on Casey Matthews? I'm a huge fan of what I've seem thus far, haven't looked too deep into him, what round is he projected to go in?