Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 02-28-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Hey guys, what's everyone's thoughts on Casey Matthews? I'm a huge fan of what I've seem thus far, haven't looked too deep into him, what round is he projected to go in?
I have a man crush on him and he's worth a pick based on his last name alone

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:31 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Hey guys, what's everyone's thoughts on Casey Matthews? I'm a huge fan of what I've seem thus far, haven't looked too deep into him, what round is he projected to go in?
Matthews is ok, I'd rather have Kelvin Sheppard!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:43 AM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

I'll take Mario Harvey over any of those guys. Dude is going to be the steel of the draft. book it.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
I have a man crush on him and he's worth a pick based on his last name alone
yeah that's what I think. His uncle, dad and brother have all been studs. I would be thrilled if we traded up in the 3rd to grab him. He could learn a great deal from Ray and would easily be an upgrade over our scrubs we have at ILB right now.

I've read that we have met with him twice, (once at the Senior Bowl, once at the combine) love that the DeCosta and Newsome are interested in him.

I had a dream last night we drafted him and he retired a Hall of Famer, how great would it be to have 1 Hall of Famer retire (Ray) and draft his hall of fame replacement(Matthews) I know its just a dream but don't underestimate the Matthews family. :)
Old 03-01-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id love it! he is good enough in coverage so we will never have to play Tavares Gooden again. He is hard working and intense enough to fit right in with us. We need him!
Old 03-01-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ILB is definitely a big need. Only 5 guys stand out to me.
What if Martez Wilson falls to us in the 1st? Do we take him?
If not him, Nate Irvin in the 3rd?
Casey Matthews 3rd.
Orie Lemon 5th.
Brad Jeffersosn 6th.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How bout this, it just popped into my head randomly.

1)Brooks Reed OLB
2)Ras-I Dowling CB
3)Casey Matthew LB

or we can go

1)Brandon Harris CB
2)Titus young WR
3)Casey Matthews

Im torn between which mock would be better
Old 03-03-2011, 09:42 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Matthews is ok, I'd rather have Kelvin Sheppard!
Yup if you are talking 34 ILB Sheppard IMO is about as solid as it comes. Won't be spectacular but will be a very tough starter for a long time. I'm not sold on Matthews at any position in a 34 at. I think he's a bit overrated and would be a 5th or late rounder if his name was Casey Doe.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
How bout this, it just popped into my head randomly.

1)Brooks Reed OLB
2)Ras-I Dowling CB
3)Casey Matthew LB

or we can go

1)Brandon Harris CB
2)Titus young WR
3)Casey Matthews

Im torn between which mock would be better
I like the first but I dont think Matthews value is in the third round, he could possibly be had in round 4, so you could feasibly add a WR or a Kendrick Ellis in the third round
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yeah if we could get a WR round 3 and Matthews round 4 that would be best case scenario. I just want matthews.

Does Edmund Gates have a 3rd round grade? I remember us talking about him a while back. i want him

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 03-03-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't be fooled by Dowling's 40 at the combine. He's still stiff and injury prone. He's a FS or Cover 2 Corner in the NFL, I dont want him anywhere near the Ravens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Don't be fooled by Dowling's 40 at the combine. He's still stiff and injury prone. He's a FS or Cover 2 Corner in the NFL, I dont want him anywhere near the Ravens.
Preach on brother! Just say no to Dowling.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

it will be interesting to see what kind of system Pagano will want to run. Mattison would have taken a guy like that and put him at CB. Thankfully he is no longer with the Ravens. Im looking forward to see what kind of system Pagano runs
Old 03-03-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd hope that since he's come out and said he hopes to be more aggressive that would mean more iso man coverage and less soft zone. Can you say Jimmy smith in round 1? He's incredibly experienced in man coverage and has the size, speed and Physicality to handle number 1s in the NFL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our corners the last few seasons all seem to fit the same mold - smaller guys who are quick and have good feet and can compete in man coverage. Dowling doesn't fit this profile at all, and I doubt even Mattison would have used him at corner in our system.

I expect Pagano not to change much schematically, I highly doubt we will be changing the secondary much (aka still use a man-coverage system and not move towards a zone-based scheme). Like APS said since he said he wanted to be more aggressive I expect less prevent-type plays, which could be more blitzing or putting more guys on the line to get to the QB.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:22 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
What would be wrong with bringing in a FS? Landry is most likely gone, Haruki is a huge liability in coverage and Ed Reed's future is certainly up in the air. What would be wrong with bringing in an athletic, versatile safety who could also provide some depth at CB early if need be?

Also as far as scheme fit at CB, word is they want to bring some size to the position; something that is clearly lacking.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:31 AM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems to me that the last time you had a big corner, he really helped your team out.
I think Dowling would be a great player for the Ravens to draft. He adds something different to the secondary, and could help in some different areas. I've noticed that your CBs have been getting pushed around a lot, and having a bigger guy like Dowling to put on those receivers that are physically intimidating is very nice.
Plus with Reeds history of injury and his contemplation retiring I believe...and with only Landry there...you could definitely use a guy like this.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:11 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have done one of these in a while. I try to make it different every time just to play out different scenarios.

1. Mike Pouncey, C, Florida
2. Edmund Gates, WR, Abilene Christian
3. Curtis Marsh, CB, Utah State
4. Henry Hynoski, FB, Pittsburgh
6. Jeff Maehl, WR, Oregon
7. Jah Reid, OT, UCF
Old 03-04-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Have done one of these in a while. I try to make it different every time just to play out different scenarios.

1. Mike Pouncey, C, Florida
2. Edmund Gates, WR, Abilene Christian
3. Curtis Marsh, CB, Utah State
4. Henry Hynoski, FB, Pittsburgh
6. Jeff Maehl, WR, Oregon
7. Jah Reid, OT, UCF
I would be highly disappointed with a draft like this.

Pouncey is a guard, not a center.

I like Gates but taking a division II WR in the 2nd is a little too early for my taste.

The pass-rush didn't get addressed either.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
I would be highly disappointed with a draft like this.

Pouncey is a guard, not a center.

I like Gates but taking a division II WR in the 2nd is a little too early for my taste.

The pass-rush didn't get addressed either.
Like I said, this isn't a perfect world mock. Its just about playing with different variables to find different outcomes.

Pouncey may very well start at guard if Gaither is gone. If Gaither returns, this pick is less likely but they could let him back up all interior 3 O-Lineman for his first year and improve on his snapping, center skills over that time. Give it a year or two, and Gaither-Grubbs-Pouncey-Yanda-Oher would be best the best O-Line in football.

Edmund Gates is absolutely worth a late 2nd round pick. Depending on who you ask, his value is anywhere from the mid 2nd to mid 3rd. We need a guy who can stretch the field vertically and Gates is that guy.

As far as pass rusher, I considered it in every round after the first two. Problem is I realized that the pass rushing talent takes a significant dip so I couldn't really sell my self on the value in any of the next rounds.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Quote:
Like I said, this isn't a perfect world mock. Its just about playing with different variables to find different outcomes.

Pouncey may very well start at guard if Gaither is gone. If Gaither returns, this pick is less likely but they could let him back up all interior 3 O-Lineman for his first year and improve on his snapping, center skills over that time. Give it a year or two, and Gaither-Grubbs-Pouncey-Yanda-Oher would be best the best O-Line in football.

Edmund Gates is absolutely worth a late 2nd round pick. Depending on who you ask, his value is anywhere from the mid 2nd to mid 3rd. We need a guy who can stretch the field vertically and Gates is that guy.

As far as pass rusher, I considered it in every round after the first two. Problem is I realized that the pass rushing talent takes a significant dip so I couldn't really sell my self on the value in any of the next rounds.
Fair enough on Pouncey.

I wouldn't want to spend a pick on a WR whose never really faced any competition. I think the 3rd round should be the earliest for him. I would take Little, Cobb, Young, and maybe Vincent Brown over him.

I would take Beal in the 3rd over Marsh.

Last edited by thegreatone : 03-04-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Fair enough on Pouncey.

I wouldn't want to spend a pick on a WR whose never really faced any competition. I think the 3rd round should be the earliest for him. I would take Little, Cobb, Young, and maybe Vincent Brown over him.

I would take Beal in the 3rd over Marsh.
I'm a huge Greg Little fan but he doesn't give us the speed we're looking for to stretch the field vertically.

Vincent Brown's and Beal's stock are plummeting after the combine and neither will go in the first three rounds. Brown ran a 4.68 at 5'11 187 and Beal ran a 5.14. Both terrible times. Not that the forty is everything but it seems highly unlikely that either goes in the first three rounds now.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I don;t think we necessarily just need a guy who can stretch the field vertically at WR. We also need a guy that is a natural fit on the outside. Little would seem to fit that mold and I wouldn't mind him in the third.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Quote:
I'm a huge Greg Little fan but he doesn't give us the speed we're looking for to stretch the field vertically.

Vincent Brown's and Beal's stock are plummeting after the combine and neither will go in the first three rounds. Brown ran a 4.68 at 5'11 187 and Beal ran a 5.14. Both terrible times. Not that the forty is everything but it seems highly unlikely that either goes in the first three rounds now.
We don't neccerrily need someone with blazing speed. What we need is a well rounded WR, who isn't one dimensional, and while Liitle isn't exactly a deep threat, hes very underrated in terms of speed.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
We don't neccerrily need someone with blazing speed. What we need is a well rounded WR, who isn't one dimensional, and while Liitle isn't exactly a deep threat, hes very underrated in terms of speed.
I'm not opposed to taking Little at alll; he's one of my favorite WR's in the draft and also one of the best. But all indications are we are putting an emphasis on speed. I believe Gates has the ability to be a full time starter on the outside and is more than just a one-dimensional deep threat. That's all.