Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-30-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, he seems like a cool guy but I just wish a owner would sit back and let the pros do it. I don't try to fix my plumbing because I know since i am not qualified there is a good shot I have sh!t flying 20 feet in the air. Overall I don't hate Biscotti as much as ERU but I am nervous he becomes a hands on douche acting like he is the coach/GM etc and completly screws a franchise.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:56 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I agree, he seems like a cool guy but I just wish a owner would sit back and let the pros do it. I don't try to fix my plumbing because I know since i am not qualified there is a good shot I have sh!t flying 20 feet in the air. Overall I don't hate Biscotti as much as ERU but I am nervous he becomes a hands on douche acting like he is the coach/GM etc and completly screws a franchise.
And that is what Biscotti does, no? He lets Ozzie take care of almost everything.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:48 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Where can you even assume that he becomes like a Jerry Jones? He has done nothing like that to be able to make that assumption. Ozzie is in total control.. BBB is correct...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he didn't let Billick get a offensive coordinator, and he went out and was like get a QB the year we took Flacco.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point I don't think DHB will be there at our pick, especially after the combine. So who do you think would be our next best pick? I like Nicks, Moore, and Alphonso Smith in that situation. Pettigrew and Britton should also garner serious consideration if they wee there, even though they are not huge needs.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Looks as if Michael Johnson has been dropping lately on the draft boards not from lack or performance but more from the hottest draft surprise shooting up the board ahead of him..right now he is projected into the top of Rd 2

What does everyone think of him being the eventual replacement for Trevor Pryce? He was once a TOP 10 pick in the draft.

Thoughts??
Old 02-17-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Johnson is no 34 End.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
At this point I don't think DHB will be there at our pick, especially after the combine. So who do you think would be our next best pick? I like Nicks, Moore, and Alphonso Smith in that situation. Pettigrew and Britton should also garner serious consideration if they wee there, even though they are not huge needs.
yeah, DHB is gonna run a nice 40 and Chicago might take him. Maybe another team but I doubt he's at our pick. I hope we take D.J. Moore if we are looking corner first round, and if we want to go WR, take either Kenny Britt or Hakeem Nicks. I love there playing styles, and they fit our offense nicely.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Do we all really think that a CB is going to walk in and play well in our defense that is a rookie in the league? really?? I could see the 1st rd CB we potentially cold draft being the 3rd DB but replacing Rolle or Washington ? I don't think so. I would rather see us address something on offense to give Flacco some weapons...
Old 02-18-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

well WR take time to develop as well. on ESPN a couple of years ago they said CB is the easiest transition from college to NFL, well you can argue RB and LB but still I really do think a CB could come and replace Rolle.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Do we all really think that a CB is going to walk in and play well in our defense that is a rookie in the league? really?? I could see the 1st rd CB we potentially cold draft being the 3rd DB but replacing Rolle or Washington ? I don't think so. I would rather see us address something on offense to give Flacco some weapons...
If that's the truth then why would we EVER draft a CB in the first round? The Ravens NEED corners and they need them in the worst way. Our Mid-Late round projects haven't worked out (Pittman, Martin) so why not take on in the first? If all he could handle in his first season is being the nickel-back that's fine by me. I mean really, how many rookie's really do factor into a teams success? RB and sometime WR, and every once in a while QB, but other than that not much.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
well WR take time to develop as well. on ESPN a couple of years ago they said CB is the easiest transition from college to NFL, well you can argue RB and LB but still I really do think a CB could come and replace Rolle.
I can't see CB is the easiest transition from College to NFL???
Old 02-19-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I was wondering, what if our plan is to let Brown go. Put Chester at C who did improve over the year and use that extra cap $ to get Suggs and Ray back. I would hate that idea. Does anyone know if Brown is a RFA or not? That will affect us a lot.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown is a ufa and the Dolphins are gonna throwsome hefty cash at him

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:58 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Brown is a ufa and the Dolphins are gonna throwsome hefty cash at him
I am not sure we will keep him either... its going to be hard.

I think we will draft a C in the 2nd or 3rd round if we lose Jason. Then try Chester and Yanda back in the C position to give the rookie some competition or bring in a FA.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:25 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
I am not sure we will keep him either... its going to be hard.

I think we will draft a C in the 2nd or 3rd round if we lose Jason. Then try Chester and Yanda back in the C position to give the rookie some competition or bring in a FA.
Were going to turn Flacco into boller
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:55 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post

He does have that West Coast laid back mentality ;)

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Or the movie starish good looks.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:06 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
How do you figure??? I am not discounting the importance of the Center position.. just saying that the center/QB is not like baseball with having an all star catcher for the pitching staff?

I mean look at Peyton Manning.. he had a different center his rookie year then he has had the last 10 seasons and I think he turned out pretty well?
Old 02-21-2009, 08:18 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are treading down familiar territory of ruining a young QB with promise. If we let the focal point of our young line guy and try to replace him with a bust of a 2nd rd pick in Chester it could really hurt our young line. Which means Flacco wont have all day to stand back in the pocket again this year. And we also dont have enough weapons at WR, even though Flacco has much more than what Kyle started with. If we start letting Flacco get beat up every snap with no WRs to throw too then it could potentially ruin his confidence and turn him into a bust.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:24 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

I don't disagree with needing a WR... we need to address that before we address corner IMO

but I still think that if we don't resign brown its not the end of the Ravens?!

3 Things go into the development of a young QB
1. Consistent coaching staff: Not a new system every year for him to learn.
2. Weapons to throw to: Every great QB had a good if not great WR or WR'S/TE to throw to
3. Good to Great OL: Can't throw the ball from your back.

If you combine 2 of these together your going to develop the QB in the right direction.. so like I have said all along we have 2 of the three already why not focus on getting him some weapons to throw to before we have a defense that is too old and have to start replacing them !! due diligence to keep Jason Brown but if he is lost its not the end of the world we still have 4 of the 5 guys there still and we need to work to replace him. I think its just as important to get him some weapons this off season

Last edited by ChefMike : 02-21-2009 at 08:28 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:36 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My point was that we have a very good C and we need to keep him because if our O-line goes back to how it was than he will not have anytime in the pocket. We need to keep Flacco protected
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
My point was that we have a very good C and we need to keep him because if our O-line goes back to how it was than he will not have anytime in the pocket. We need to keep Flacco protected
We do have a very good center but the rest of the line is good too, which means 1/5 of the line would be lost not the entire line. So we would still have a good line just not a great one right now.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

True, but Brown is the glue to it all. Take him out and it won't be as good. But don't underestimate John Harbaugh, I think he will do a nice job filling the void when Brown leaves.

Also, anyone think we should look past corner in round 1? Alphonso and D.J. are both 5'8 and that scares me. I say C(Unger or Mack) or WR(Britt, Bey or Nicks) in the first, then look for DB's in the later rounds.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

I think WR is the way to go. I believe we can get a good center in rd 2 or via FA. CB is a need but not as desperate as we are making it to be and there is value in rd 3 and 4 at CB this year..