Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-09-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yea if we go oline its gotta be a first round LT IMO. But still I want Gaither it will be depressing if we let him go. Get Yanda at RG and Oher at RT that gives us the best G combo in the NFL and the nastiest right side in football. It would be perfect.
Except there aren't any OT's at 26 who are better LT's than Oher.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Except there aren't any OT's at 26 who are better LT's than Oher is.
The only legitimate OT I would want at 26 is Castonzo. Carimi would be fine on the right side, but no way in hell is he going to be a better LT then Oher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Problem with that is, you're assuming Gaither could stay healthy for a full season, which might be a stretch at this point.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Except there aren't any OT's at 26 who are better LT's than Oher.
I know you're not high on Sherrod, but I like him a lot and think he would be an upgrade over Oher at LT. Castonzo would be alright too, but he probably won't make it to 26. I like Carimi as well, but I'm not sold on his fit as a LT. He's like a longer version of Yanda IMO.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I know you're not high on Sherrod, but I like him a lot and think he would be an upgrade over Oher at LT. Castonzo would be alright too, but he probably won't make it to 26. I like Carimi as well, but I'm not sold on his fit as a LT. He's like a longer version of Yanda IMO.
Sherrod is actually very similar to Oher. I think theres just as good a chance that Oher could become a very good LT.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
Sherrod is actually very similar to Oher. I think theres just as good a chance that Oher could become a very good LT.
Ehh I'm not sure about that. Perhaps they're comparable athletically and physically, but I think that Sherrod is more technically sound and has better intangibles than Oher.

Oher is still developing, I realize that, but I'm not sure that he's going to develop into an above-average LT (he's average right now). I don't like his fit next to Grubbs either, he's another guy that isn't a great technician and you can see the problems we had last season on the left side of the line. It wasn't just the right side that gave us problems, it seemed like the whole line was just off.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I asked Shane about some possible starting 3rd-4th round RTs during the podcast last night and pointed towards Jah Reid, James Brewer, Lee Ziemba, or Marcus Gilbert in that range. All guys that could be a good fit on the right side and should be available.

Oher is going to continue to be our starting LT for the foreseeable future. No one in the first is going to bring more to the table then what Oher already does. We have bigger needs then a new LT starter that we need to address in the first.

I'm about 85% sure that Gaither is gone. Other teams are going to be willing to pay him more and they are gonna let him be their LT for sure. The only way I see Gaither staying is if we promise to move Oher to RT and let Gaither man LT again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IDK how much money there will be for Gaither coming off of IR though. Chances are he will leave but im not giving up hope.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:44 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Brooks Reed, DE/OLB, Arizona
2. Greg Little, WR, North Carolina
3. Taiwan Jones, RB, Eastern Washington
4. John Moffitt, G/C, Wisconsin
6. Aldrick Robinson, WR, SMU
7. Keith Payne, FB/RB, Virginia

I've been posting several of these just to play around with several different scenarios. But this one more of an ideal draft scenario with as realistic value as possible. It's very offense heavy which I didn't really realize til after because i just tried to take it pick by pick. Made another defense of player should be included but I really like each pick personally. The Keith Payne pick is pending on McClain leaving which seems like a distinct possibility. Overall, I just tried to embrace my inner Ozzie by going with value at every spot. I felt every player was a very good value who not only filled a positional need, but filled a roll. I like the idea of bringing in a versatile S/CB in the middle rounds but I just couldn't buy the fit/value.

Last edited by TACKLE : 03-11-2011 at 03:59 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:36 AM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

Quote:

I've been posting several of these just to play around with several different scenarios. But this one more of an ideal draft scenario with as realistic value as possible. It's very offense heavy which I didn't really realize til after because i just tried to take it pick by pick. Made another defense of player should be included but I really like each pick personally. The Keith Payne pick is pending on McClain leaving which seems like a distinct possibility. Overall, I just tried to embrace my inner Ozzie by going with value at every spot. I felt every player was a very good value who not only filled a positional need, but filled a roll. I like the idea of bringing in a versatile S/CB in the middle rounds but I just couldn't buy the fit/value.
Much much better. I really like it.

But one thing I will point out is, that Little reportedly did terrible in his interviews and didn't exactly shine in his combine performance either. I'm still a huge fan, why take him so early when he could be had in the 3rd or even 4th maybe?

Other than that, I can't complain with a draft like this. Espeically love the Reed and Moffitt picks.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:45 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This is definitely the best one you've done so far for me. I'd prefer someone not named Greg Little in Round 2, but Reed, Jones and Moffitt would be slam dunk picks IMO.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cant complain with that especially considering it looks like McGahee is outta here. Plus I love Brooks Reed. I only wish we could get a better deep threat as WR in round 2.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Cant complain with that especially considering it looks like McGahee is outta here. Plus I love Brooks Reed. I only wish we could get a better deep threat as WR in round 2.
I felt the same way about Little. I'm a bit of a hypocrite because I criticized that pick when someone else made it earlier for the same reasons. But Little is a guy I'm really high on as of late. He was one of my favorite prospects coming into this season. I honestly believe, that from a pure talent perspective, he is a first round pick. He has the speed and the ball skills to be a potential downfield threat. Physically, I think he's more impressive than former teammate Hakeem Nicks. He has maturity questions but in the interviews I've seen of him, he seems to have a really good head on his shoulders.

Though I addressed the deep threat in the 6th with one of this drafts most underrated players, Aldrick Robinson. He able to put impressive numbers in SMU's pass heavy offense. But even more impressive was his 20.0 ypc catch on 63 catches which is an incredible feat in June Jones' offense which is built on quick passes. In comparison, his former teammate Emmanuel Sanders had 38 more yards his senior season but only average 13.7 ypc. Outside of the first two rounds, Aldrick Robinson may be the most explosive slot in this draft.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
2. Titus Young, WR, Boise State
6. Orie Lemon, ILB, Oklahoma State.
7. Justin Rogers, CB, Richmond
fixed it for ya
don't forget, Baltimore doesn't have any 4th round pick.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
drd23
Rookie

drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
fixed it for ya
don't forget, Baltimore doesn't have any 4th round pick.
Actually Wilson didnt meet the conditions to make it a 4th
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...te_wilson.html
Quote:
Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome confirmed that Wilson didn't meet "the requirements for the condition to kick in."
We also have another late round pick - either another 6th or 7th depending on whether picks involved in the Mark Clayton trade were conditional or not
drd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

I really like both Young and Little, but if I had to take one in the 2nd, it would be Young.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think the Sergio Kindle drama will lead us to not take immature players. I know we usually focus on character but we broke that rule for Kindle and look what happened.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think the Sergio Kindle drama will lead us to not take immature players. I know we usually focus on character but we broke that rule for Kindle and look what happened.
If this is referring to Greg Little, you should check out this interview. I know his actions suggest immaturity, but he is very impressive in this interview and comes off as someone who is passionate about the game.

Old 03-13-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Adrian Clayborn in the first - yay or nay? I think I'm on the nay side, he seems like he would be an ideal fit for what we need opposite of Ngata (a guy that can play on the edge in any of our line configurations) but I'm not a big fan of him.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
If this is referring to Greg Little, you should check out this interview. I know his actions suggest immaturity, but he is very impressive in this interview and comes off as someone who is passionate about the game.

The thing is im sure even Sergio Kindle can sound mature in a interview. Im on the fence on Little but his talent is undeniable. He could be a star.

Also about Clayborn id prefer a 34 OLB in the fist over a lineman. I think we can squeek another year out of Redding. While we cant squeek much of a pass rush out of Johnson.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Adrian Clayborn in the first - yay or nay? I think I'm on the nay side, he seems like he would be an ideal fit for what we need opposite of Ngata (a guy that can play on the edge in any of our line configurations) but I'm not a big fan of him.
I love Clayborn and I love the fit in our defense. He could play a kind of Trevor Pryce role. He looked fantastic at the combine too.
Quote:
Old 03-13-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Problem is, Clayborn may only be able to play on one side of the ball because of his gimpy arm. Being limited to only playing RE would hurt his value to our defense.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
drd23
Rookie

drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Problem is, Clayborn may only be able to play on one side of the ball because of his gimpy arm. Being limited to only playing RE would hurt his value to our defense.
I was thinking the same thing. Because he can only play RDE he doesnt fit in our offense. Suggs is effectively a RDE more than 50% of the time and Ngata plays the right 5-tech/DT role.

If we draft a DL in the first, it needs to be a guy that can play as a 5-tech or as a LDE in a 4-3
drd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I'm not sure what to think of Clayborn's arm. On one hand it looks like he's been able to play effectively (although he only had one great season), but on the other there's a difference between learning to play with a deficiency and not having one. If he's only effective on the right side because of his arm then I'm not sure he would fit here. We do flip our fronts every now and then, but like drd said we usually line up with Suggs and Ngata on the right side.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

I like Clayborn, but I'd prefer more of a pass-rusher at DE.

I would take him in the 2nd, but I definitely don't agree with taking him in the 1st.