Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 02-22-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aslong as we move Corey Ivy farther down the totem pole I dont care who we get.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
Aslong as we move Corey Ivy farther down the totem pole I dont care who we get.
He's a FA, and i doubt we'll bring him back.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
I think WR is the way to go. I believe we can get a good center in rd 2 or via FA. CB is a need but not as desperate as we are making it to be and there is value in rd 3 and 4 at CB this year..
thats very true. Im really high on Coye Francies; if he's availible at our pick day 2 I don't think we should even hesitate. I wouldn't mind him in the 3rd either.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
thats very true. Im really high on Coye Francies; if he's availible at our pick day 2 I don't think we should even hesitate. I wouldn't mind him in the 3rd either.
Great because earlier in the season when I knew Boller was gone for good I shifted all of my hate to him and if hes gone..I like our whole team...well cept for Heap and I cant really say I hate him its more of a dislike...and Rolle I've never liked Rolle...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would you guys agree if I said that if Jeremy Maclin is at our pick, he has GOT to be the selection? Now before you say, no we already have a guy like him, don't. Because we don't have someone like him. Mason can't work the slant like him, neither can Clayton. Mason doesn't have the speed he has, Mason and Clayton can't return punts and kicks like he can. Mason and Clayton both aren't big time scoring threats like he is. He's got good size at 6'1, and gets great YAC. He weighs 200 pounds yet is almost "uncatchable" in the open field. People may think he is a finesse type WR but he can break tackles and never seems to slow down as the game goes on. He is a scoring machine and if he is at our pick, I can't see how we can pass on him, great value, and just a good overall WR.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really want a guy that attacks the ball in the air. Someone who is going to win the jump ball when it is tossed up there.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Would you guys agree if I said that if Jeremy Maclin is at our pick, he has GOT to be the selection? Now before you say, no we already have a guy like him, don't. Because we don't have someone like him. Mason can't work the slant like him, neither can Clayton. Mason doesn't have the speed he has, Mason and Clayton can't return punts and kicks like he can. Mason and Clayton both aren't big time scoring threats like he is. He's got good size at 6'1, and gets great YAC. He weighs 200 pounds yet is almost "uncatchable" in the open field. People may think he is a finesse type WR but he can break tackles and never seems to slow down as the game goes on. He is a scoring machine and if he is at our pick, I can't see how we can pass on him, great value, and just a good overall WR.
He is a real player.. just one of those guys that makes plays and you don't know how or why. Plus he has a work horse mentality and is tough. I would drool to get him in the draft... but I don't see it happening
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Maclin would be cool with me if he's there at 29, but my WR rankings are now as follows:

1.) Crabtree
2.) DHB
3.) Hakeem Nicks
4.) Maclin
5.) Harvin

I really like Nicks.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default realistic ravens big board

A. Smith, M. Jenkins, M. Oher, M. Crabtree and V. Davis would be great but arent realisitic at our pick imho.

1) S. Smith c.b./f.s. utah
at 6'3 and over 210 pounds smith is avery physical corner with great speed for his size...compliments our smaller corners to perfection and would provide some much needed high quality insurance behind reed at free safety.

2) T. Jackson d.e. lsu
ideal 3-4 d.e. is an excellent pass rusher for a man his size...can backup oft injured and aging veteran trevor pryce or play opposite him at ngatas old position if the move the the inside is permanant....great fit.

3) DHB w.r. maryland
explosive w.r. with the height to compliment our smaller recievers and the speed to give us a much needed deep threat...great blocker who can work his way into our offense thru bubble screens and reverses while gradually adding more and more route to his arsenal...has potential to be flaccos career #1 w.r.

4) J. Maclin w.r. mizzou
another explosive reciever to give us a much needed deep threat but doesnt compliment our smaller recievers as well as dhb does and doesnt block near as well...but he has better hands and is the best return guy in the draft...has potential to be flaccos career #1 w.r.

5) K. Britt w.r. rutgers
tall reciever who compliments our smaller guys to perfection...has good speed but not great speed...great production and could develope into flaccos career #1 w.r.

6) J. Gilbert d.e. san jose state
great 3-4 end prospect is a better pass rusher than tyson but isnt as strong at the point of attack...tremendous athlete that could work his way into the rotation behind pryce and on nickel/dime packages before eventually taking over as the full time starter for pryce.

7) B. Pettigrew t.e. okie state
very physical t.e. and punishing run blocker would be a perfect fit for our schmeme...has very soft hands and uses his body to shield off defenders...would provide flacco a huge, reliable target over the middle.

8) H. Nicks w.r. unc
physical w.r. with tremendous hands...doesnt quite have the height or speed to be an ideal compliment to our current guys but would be a great possesion guy and very strong career #2 reciever.
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Nicks is too low man. Put him over Gilbert, Pettigrew and maybe even Britt.

I'd love Sean Smith, he'd be a great compliment to Foxworth and Washington
Tyson Jackson would be nice, but I doubt he'll be at our pick.
Same goes for Maclin.
As for DHB, I would love to have him, but what would his immediate impact be? I think he might take some time to develope and I'd rather opt for Nicks or Britt.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quality insurance behind Reed? I think we've got Nakamura for that lol. I do think that Smith will be a FS in the NFL, so i don't list him on my big board.

I like:

1. Brandon Pettigrew
2. Hakeem Nicks
3. Darrius Heyward-Bey
4. Kenny Britt
5. Eben Britton
6. Alex Mack
Old 03-03-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

should we really spend our 1st round pick on a guy who will be a nickel back for the forseable future?
Old 03-03-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
should we really spend our 1st round pick on a guy who will be a nickel back for the forseable future?
Then should any team draft a corner in the first? That's what most rookie corners start out being...
Old 03-03-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well Foxworth is 25 and Washington is in his 20s as well. So we have 2 CB young and in there prime, so why go and get another one having him be a nickel for years. I could see us using a 2nd or 3rd for nickel.

I also think we may consider a C 1st, like Alex Mack or Unger
Old 03-03-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you don't need a CB first round..period end.

'maybe macho in the 2nd there is plenty of depth
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we are being "Realistic", you can take DHB and Maclin off the board, both should be taken in the teens, one of them could go as high as #7 to the Raiders. Of your list Nicks would be my #1, followed by Pettigrew, Gilbert, Jackson, and Britt. In all honestly Darius Butler is my #1 or #2 corner and definitely should be on that list and is a realistic pick.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:06 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

I agree with everything posted here.. I don't think DHB will be available when we pick or Maclin... not sure why Percy Harvin doesn't get the love he deserves at our pick? Aren't we in need of a playmaker on Offense? The guy fits that role to a T !!!!! CB we don't need to draft day 1 this year... take a guy on Day 2 YES but lets restock the OL and TE and WR and BPA on Defense on DAY 1..
Old 03-04-2009, 09:08 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

What are we going to get in Compensation for Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard and Jason Brown?? Not sure how that system works? Isn't it a compensation scale based on contract size? So shouldn't we be getting some good picks for Jason and Bart??
Old 03-04-2009, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yes but wont those picks be for next years draft or am I wrong? I have no clue what draft we get them.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd still go corner round 2 or 3 at the latest. Injuries kill the secondary, and Rolle will probably get hurt again if he's not cut sometime this offseason. Frank Walker can't cut it playing significant time. Neither Foxworth or Washington are #1 corners, so I'd even take one early with the potential to be and intention of becoming our #1 corner.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Against teams with a big physical reciever smith would be the starter. We will struggle against physical recievers if we dont get some size at corner. If we cant get smith in the first (in my mock the saints get him to play free safety) than i say go corner in the 4th or 5th to play the nickel/dime role.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

Quote:
well Foxworth is 25 and Washington is in his 20s as well. So we have 2 CB young and in there prime, so why go and get another one having him be a nickel for years. I could see us using a 2nd or 3rd for nickel.

I also think we may consider a C 1st, like Alex Mack or Unger
neither of them has the size or physicality to match up with players like hines ward, terrell owens, Q. boldin or fitz...big, physical recievers are going to kill us this year.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
you don't need a CB first round..period end.

'maybe macho in the 2nd there is plenty of depth
jenkins, davis and smith are the only corners worth taking in the first for us...if any of them drop i dont thin we hesitate to getone of them....macho is much too slow for our scheme, he will be a great cover 2 guy thou.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
If we are being "Realistic", you can take DHB and Maclin off the board, both should be taken in the teens, one of them could go as high as #7 to the Raiders. Of your list Nicks would be my #1, followed by Pettigrew, Gilbert, Jackson, and Britt. In all honestly Darius Butler is my #1 or #2 corner and definitely should be on that list and is a realistic pick.
butler isnt the right fit for us...why do we want another undersized corner who cant tackle for????...hes a great cover guy but just doesnt compliment what we have.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
I agree with everything posted here.. I don't think DHB will be available when we pick or Maclin... not sure why Percy Harvin doesn't get the love he deserves at our pick? Aren't we in need of a playmaker on Offense? The guy fits that role to a T !!!!! CB we don't need to draft day 1 this year... take a guy on Day 2 YES but lets restock the OL and TE and WR and BPA on Defense on DAY 1..
I love percy and his versatility is great for a team that could use a solid #2 reciever, some help in the backfield and someone to potentially run the wildcat...a team like tampa bay, new england or seattle....but he isnt the right fit for us.

1) He doesnt have the size to compliment our short starters.
2) We already have a crowded backfield so his r.b. ability would be almost null here.
3) Troy Smith is our wildcat q.b.