Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 02-21-2014, 02:15 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really. Your hear that at the beginning of just about any contract negotiation (that's reported) with Baltimore. It was the same with Flacco last year. They might be "far apart" at this point but there haven't been any actual numbers reported for either side.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

like cordinator I am not panicking yet w/ regards to Pitta. Im sure we will make it happen because you cant build a better TE for Kubiak then Pitta.

My biggest fear would be Monroe walking.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:50 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not panicking about Pitta. Just noticed a couple of stories about it. I wonder what kind of money Monroe demands.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im thinking he will ask for at least 7 million a year I hope we can work it all out.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Wide Receivers

Mike Evans, Texas A&M

Kelvin Benjamin, Florida State

Marqise Lee, USC

Mike Davis, Texas

Brandin Cooks, Oregon State

Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt

Jarvis Landry, LSU

Tight Ends

Eric Ebron, North Carolina

Jace Amaro, Texas Tech

Offensive Lineman

Cyrus Kouandjio, Alabama

Zack Martin, Notre Dame

Taylor Lewan, Michigan

Morgan Moses, Virginia

Running Backs

Terrance West, Towson

Carlos Hyde, Ohio State

Ka’Deem Carey, Arizona

Andre Williams, Boston College

Pass Rushers, Defensive Line

Michael Sam, Missouri

Jeremiah Attaochu, Georgia Tech

Dee Ford, Auburn

Chris Borland, Wisconsin

Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota

List of players we met w/ at combine.

Im shocked we didnt meet with Beckham JR. THat maybe a smoke screen to show we don't have interest though. Im sure we can get a thorough review of his character from Cam Cameron
Old 02-25-2014, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Dan#7
Rookie

Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The interview list isn't full yet. And we still have opportunities to meet with prospects.
Dan#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Right we also met with CJ Fiedorowicz. I would love for us to pick him up. He is more athletic then I originally thought w/ him dominating the 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle drills.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:00 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The apple of my eye at 17 right now is Louis Nix. (We met with him at the combine fwiw)

edit - or Hageman.

Last edited by TACKLE : 03-08-2014 at 09:36 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Can he play on End like Ngata does? I haven't spent any time looking at him
Old 03-08-2014, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Can he play on End like Ngata does? I haven't spent any time looking at him
He's mobile, but not a pass rusher. I'm not sure he could play DE, but I believe if healthy, he can be a damn good NT. What happened to Brandon Williams? Wasn't he supposed to be the NT in waiting?
Old 03-08-2014, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Got some time but when deangelo Tyson emerged he didn't dress some games. He out played Cody (not that big of a deal) I still have faith in him though. And him being out played by a 7th round pick isn't a dis on him Tyson came out of nowhere and is looking good
Old 03-08-2014, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Got some time but when deangelo Tyson emerged he didn't dress some games. He out played Cody (not that big of a deal) I still have faith in him though. And him being out played by a 7th round pick isn't a dis on him Tyson came out of nowhere and is looking good
What happened with Cody? I thought he was going to be really good. He's on my list for value FAs to pick up. Would he be worth it?
Old 03-08-2014, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

He was hurt the super bowl year which was by far his worst year and could never crack into solid time this year. One thing I never understood w/ Cody was baltimoreravens.com would post videos of him working out and he would be doing work on the elliptical machine like he needed to lose weight trying to play him at 330ish. He needs to be lifting like a powerlifter getting stronger playing at 350+ Im not really familiar with your guys depth at NT but he does have experience at 34 NT so perhaps as a back up.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:11 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, Williams was pretty much relegated to playing defensive end last season when he got in the game. That's where Tyson did a lot of his damage too and why Williams ended up not playing much since he was behind Tyson on the depth chart. Ngata and Cody were locked in at nose tackle all year long.

For what it's worth I'm not at all interested in adding Louis Nix or any other nose tackle to the team unless it's a late-round depth guy if Ngata gets moved back out to defensive end. Williams is definitely heir apparent at that position and adding someone else deserving of playing time to the mix wouldn't make a lot of sense. I'm all for size on the line but a three nose tackle lineup of Ngata, Nix, and Williams doesn't strike me as an effective group.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

for defense if we add someone I hope some how Tuitt slips to round 2. I know that probably won't happen but I would love for him to fall. He can replace Arthur Jones well and can play 43 DE something to increase the versatility of our defense
Old 03-08-2014, 10:45 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My desire for Nix/Hageman is kinda built on the idea that this is Ngata's last year here. I love him but unless they pretty significantly restructure his contract it's just going to get harder and harder to justify his cap number.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think the year after this upcoming year it is all guaranteed or dead money. Not 100% certain though. Rotoworld says that 2014 and 2015 are both 8.5 million and if we cut him it would be a 16 million dollar hit now I think Ngata will be hear for 2015. I think he will retire after that especially because our extension talks went no where.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:58 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
My desire for Nix/Hageman is kinda built on the idea that this is Ngata's last year here. I love him but unless they pretty significantly restructure his contract it's just going to get harder and harder to justify his cap number.
Even in that case I wouldn't target Nix since Williams is on the roster and looks promising. Hageman is a different story though. He's one of the few defensive players I'd be pretty happy with in the first round. I'm a big fan of his and would love to see his size and athleticism added to Baltimore's defense.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
He was hurt the super bowl year which was by far his worst year and could never crack into solid time this year. One thing I never understood w/ Cody was baltimoreravens.com would post videos of him working out and he would be doing work on the elliptical machine like he needed to lose weight trying to play him at 330ish. He needs to be lifting like a powerlifter getting stronger playing at 350+ Im not really familiar with your guys depth at NT but he does have experience at 34 NT so perhaps as a back up.
Our depth chart is favorable. McClendon is still raw and needs work and nothing is behind him. People are mocking Nix to us and have McClendon move to NT. So Cody would get some solid PT.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:18 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Cody did look better last season in the limited snaps he had. Closer to what he showed in his 2011 season at least. I wouldn't mind Baltimore bringing him back but he will probably go elsewhere for a better opportunity to play. As long as whatever team that signs Cody doesn't do so with the expectation that he's going to be collapsing the pocket on a consistent basis they should be getting a fairly solid player (if healthy).
Old 03-14-2014, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

can Zach Martin play RT? I looked at a few of his scouting reports and nothing really said he could be an option. If we sign Steve Smith or Edleman I dont think we go WR round 1 or even TE. We would consider RT or best player available on defense.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Nice job keeping Smith at a pretty nice discount. He was a beast for you guys last season.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:48 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st) TE, Jace Amaro.
2nd) FS, Calvin Pryor.
3rd) OG, Gabe Jackson.
4th) WR, Josh Huff.
5th) NT, Daniel McCullers.
6th) C, Bryan Stork.
7th) CB, Marcus Williams.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:15 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

These are the picks the Ravens currently own before the compensatory picks are announced:

Round 1 - 17
Round 2 - 48
Round 3 - 79
Round 6 - 178
Round 7 - 211

Their 4th and 5th round picks were traded to Jacksonville in the Monroe deal and their 7th round pick was traded to Indianapolis in the Shipley deal. The compensatory picks will be announced during or after the owners meetings next week.

EDIT - And it was just announced this morning that the Ravens will be getting a 7th round pick from Miami this year for the McKinnie trade. I believe it's the 211th selection.

Last edited by coordinator0 : 03-20-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I really hope we will trade back get more picks. But I'm scared the elite talent would be gone and te draft is so deep no one will wanna trade up