Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-20-2014, 03:13 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baltimore should be getting four compensatory picks (worst case scenario probably being a 4th, 4th, 5th, and 7th) and if you add those to the ones they already have that makes nine. I think they're sitting pretty good in that department. Right now they already have 57 (I think) players under contract for next season and even though that includes the reserves/futures deals for most of the practice squad guys from last year they still aren't going to have much room for rookies. If they had some mid round picks they could use to trade up I'd actually be in favor of that but they don't since compensatory picks can't be traded.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Dan#7
Rookie

Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As of now, I wouldn't mind trading back. Somehow my favorite targets are in the second round, value-wise at least. Trade back and grab guys like Jimmi Ward, ASJ and Richburg + whoever WR who are bound to fall in the draft (hoping its Landry) and then use those comp picks on guys like Jawuan James, Kenny Ladler, Jemea Thomas, Caraun Reid, Russell Bodine and the like.
Dan#7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the 3 top OT are gone (Lewan is the only shot of making it to 17 maybe he does with this recent arrest I wouldn't bank on it) and so is Ebron I am all aboard the trade back wagon. I agree Ward will be the ranging ball hawking FS for us as long as Ozzie doesn't think his size will be a problem. I am 100% sure on what we will do regarding C because we haven't even brought in a veteran C in FA to my knowledge. I think Wagner can be the guy at RT so im not overly concerned with that.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:32 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade back is always a good option. Grab some more picks and then catch a falling 1st rounder.

I also wouldn't hate a trade up to get Mike Evans. I'm liking him more and more and would love to add him to the offense. I'm thinking he could go not too far ahead of us.Steve Smith is good but he isn't a long term guy at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Odell Beckham JR is my guy if we go WR round 1. I like that he has a higher floor then Evans.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:11 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think that's true. Evans has a high floor and a high ceiling in my opinion. What he does that makes him special should translate over to the NFL really well - that being his size and ability to attack the ball in the air. You see some bigger guys that don't play like they should but that's definitely not the case with Evans.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:55 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im just in love his his ability to bail out his QB. There are plenty of time where Manziel just throws it up and Evans gets that ball. His size and ability to save a bad ball are a nice tool for Flacco.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 03-24-2014, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

#17 (1st round)
#48 (2nd round)
#79 (3rd round)
#99 (3rd round compensatory)
#134 (4th round compensatory)
#138 (4th round compensatory)
#175 (5th round compensatory)
#194 (6th round)

Should be our draft picks.

I am so pumped for this draft
Old 03-25-2014, 04:00 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
#99 (3rd round compensatory)
#134 (4th round compensatory)
#138 (4th round compensatory)
#175 (5th round compensatory)
I feel like a kid at christmas!
Old 03-25-2014, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Seriously how awesome is that. We did replace 3 out of the 4 guys w/ better players.

Biscotti did say we will look to add a CB I think we should start to consider CB round 1. We will probably just miss out on Gilbert but Roby and Dennard should be at our pick
Old 03-25-2014, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Random stat but Allen Robinson averaged 14.5 yards per screen. If he some how slips to us in the second we may jump all over him.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:59 PM    (permalink
asham27
Rookie

asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft Haha just for the name
asham27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:44 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

If Allen Robinson is there in the 2nd I'm all over that too.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 03-26-2014, 08:01 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could get behind Robinson in the 2nd. He's grown quite a bit on me in the last month or so. I would still prefer Moncrief and Landry in the 2nd, put if they're gone, I would love for us to grab him.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:35 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

How would you guys feel if we picked Clinton-Dix at #17?
Old 04-01-2014, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I hate trying to look at safeties on my own but from what I have been reading idk if he is worth the 17tg overall pick
Old 04-02-2014, 12:53 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I wasn't high on Clinton-Dix earlier but I wouldn't mind him being the pick at 17 now. I'm chalking it up to the difficulty of armchair-scouting safeties. Clinton-Dix seems to be able to play that center-fielding role that the team absolutely needs to tandem with Elam and it's by far the biggest need on the team at the moment. His value at 17 is at least decent. I would probably prefer Jimmie Ward at 48 but it would be a risk to wait for him there. Everything depends on who is available at 17 though. There are still a ton of directions Baltimore could go in there.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Dan#7
Rookie

Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan#7 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I could choose, I would much rather pick Jimmie Ward or Calvin Pryor at #17 than Clinton-Dix.

When I watch him, I don't get it, I just don't get it. Everything seems a bit... sloppy, and nothing is really impressive besides his size.

Players like Pryor, Buchannon, and Bailey might not be the best fit, but I still feel they could succeed in an interchangable tandem with Elam. I hope we don't go with Ladler who we met with a couple of times, don't like that guy.

Reynolds is only if the value is great.

My sleeper is Jemea Thomas, he just stands out on tape, has excellent game speed, can do it all and has great range. The only thing he doesn't have is height.
Dan#7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:17 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan#7 View Post
If I could choose, I would much rather pick Jimmie Ward or Calvin Pryor at #17 than Clinton-Dix.

When I watch him, I don't get it, I just don't get it. Everything seems a bit... sloppy, and nothing is really impressive besides his size.

Players like Pryor, Buchannon, and Bailey might not be the best fit, but I still feel they could succeed in an interchangable tandem with Elam. I hope we don't go with Ladler who we met with a couple of times, don't like that guy.

Reynolds is only if the value is great.

My sleeper is Jemea Thomas, he just stands out on tape, has excellent game speed, can do it all and has great range. The only thing he doesn't have is height.
The only times either Elam or one of those guys would be succeeding is when one of the "interchangeable" pieces is playing strong safety. We already know that Elam won't be doing much as a free safety and those other guys aren't great fits there either. Taking a safety with a high pick knowing that at best the pairing it would make is likely only to be 50% successful is a bad strategy. I'm still a fan of Pryor and I think he would be okay next to Elam but it's not a perfect fit.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:10 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I wasn't high on Clinton-Dix earlier but I wouldn't mind him being the pick at 17 now. I'm chalking it up to the difficulty of armchair-scouting safeties. Clinton-Dix seems to be able to play that center-fielding role that the team absolutely needs to tandem with Elam and it's by far the biggest need on the team at the moment. His value at 17 is at least decent. I would probably prefer Jimmie Ward at 48 but it would be a risk to wait for him there. Everything depends on who is available at 17 though. There are still a ton of directions Baltimore could go in there.
This was my thought as well. I guess I'm somewhat higher on Dix than most people on this forum, but he has grown quite a bit on me, the more I've watched of him. (Fwiw he's my number one safety, and my 21st prospect overall.)
I was able to find some coaches tape cut ups of him, and I thought he looked very good (not great) in the deep center field. Displayed good range, good awareness, and seems to have a good sense of where the QB wants to go with the ball. All things I value highly.
Also I think that his size is a big bonus when considering that he will be paired up with Elam. I am quite a big fan of Jimmy Ward, and think he would be a very interesting pick in Round 2, however having two undersized safeties in the backfield worries me, given how often they face up against big, athletic tight ends (or big WRs for that matter.)

I see a lot of people talking about Clinton Dix being only above average in many fields, and not really great in any. I can agree on the not being great part, but I do feel like he is being underrated when it comes to the things he does well. I also think he has more upside than people give him credit for.

On the other side of the spectrum, I would really dislike it if we pick Calvin Pryor in the first. I don't see him as anything else than a SS at the next level. He might be a good one, but that is sort of irrelevant given that we already have our own SS for the future in Elam.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:19 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 View Post
I am quite a big fan of Jimmy Ward, and think he would be a very interesting pick in Round 2, however having two undersized safeties in the backfield worries me, given how often they face up against big, athletic tight ends (or big WRs for that matter.)
I don't see that being a big problem if the plan is to get a center-fielding safety and have whoever that is play that role the majority of the time. It's not like having someone like Clinton-Dix come up and cover tight ends or slot receivers while putting Elam deep is something that anybody wants to happen. All I'm worried about is the ability to get things done on the back-end.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

After seeing Allen Robinson pro day he is a lot higher on my wish list. His times were 4.42 and 4.47 40 time, 42 inch vertical, 6.53 three cone drill and a 10'11 inch broad jump. All at 6'3 208. After watching tape of him he definetly could be the next Anquan Boldin like WR.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:06 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Meh, I couldn't care less about what Robinson did at his pro day (or combine for that matter) but the tape was always there and he's been one of my favorite potential picks at 48 for some time now. The Ravens need a physical target that can just out-fight for the ball like Boldin did. Steve Smith brings some of that but I want an option for the future too. Of course I wouldn't be upset with another type of receiver taken either. At this point I just want good, productive players that fit within the scheme.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He reminds me of Golden Tate at Notre Dame, love his strong hands.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea he is sick but I don't think he will be there at 48.

When it comes to TEs I was watching Troy Niklas and he is a beast at blocking especially for a guy who started his college career on defense. He will be an extra tackle with more experience. He is currently the guy I want at 48. If we cant get him then I hope for CJ Fiedorwicz in round 3 or 4