Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care what TO has to say anymore. Doesn't matter what he says good or bad, it becomes a huge deal on ESPN.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:19 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Perhaps the Raiders?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
This would be incredibly stupid, even on T.O.'s part. Even he has to realize that if he's kicked out of Dallas over something like this that he's pretty much burning all of his bridges in the NFL. Note that I said pretty much, this is only because the Raiders are still considered an NFL team.
Oh yeah!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

It's amazing how this has become 2X's as big on ESPN between last night and this morning with absolutely no new developments.

T.O. still hasn't done anything except retreat. He hasn't pushed forward or admitted to any of it. Why would he? He isn't going to overcome the power that is Romo.

werder is a piece. As D pointed out earlier, Bradie James is *** too. He just wants to get on TV. He can't make it on for playing good, so he hops on for some team controversy.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
It's amazing how this has become 2X's as big on ESPN between last night and this morning with absolutely no new developments.

T.O. still hasn't done anything except retreat. He hasn't pushed forward or admitted to any of it. Why would he? He isn't going to overcome the power that is Romo.

werder is a piece. As D pointed out earlier, Bradie James is *** too. He just wants to get on TV. He can't make it on for playing good, so he hops on for some team controversy.
Or maybe he is sick and tired of Owens like maybe many on that team are.

Last edited by PACKmanN : 12-12-2008 at 11:43 AM.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
ESPN is like NESN for the NFC East and cowboys in particular.
They go with what pulls in the ratings and whenever something happens with the Cowboys, it is usually the water cooler talk the next day. Either Cowboys fans are talking about it because it is there team and there are a million of them or people are talking about how much they hate the Cowboys. I've always been one to believe that it is the media consumers who drive the news into what reports and I would put money on the most page hits of any story on ESPN.com in the past 24 hours is this one.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
And the team has had enough to. Jerry Jones has the gaul to call out Barber, the toughest guy on your team, yet management continues to coddle TO like a baby? You don't think the other players don't notice that? Ive seen this situation in NY, regardless of what the Cowboys want to believe, there IS a divide already in that lockerroom. Its obvious. And it will only get worse unless you start winning.

The Giants game is an absolute must win. Bc if they lose, and the playoffs are looking dim, this could and probably will get ugly.

The real problem is management. They created this mess.
Sorta reminds me of Parcells and LT.

The Jerry-Barber thing is a little tricky too, from what I hear. I heard an insider say that Barber was telling Choice on Monday of that week before the Pitt game that Barber wouldn't be playing. So, there's a little more to it than we all know. Jerry shouldn't have said anything, Barber's toughness is not questionable, but something else is going on we just don't know about.

The Giants game is a must win... every game we play is must win at this point. And honestly, I don't see it happening this year. The most I'm hoping for is that the team realizes what went wrong, purges itsself of the mistakes, and just goes lights out next year.

Also, I'm pretty sick and tired of saying "next year". I've been saying it for over a decade now. At what point do I get to start enjoying the perks of being a fan of the Cowboys again? Jerry's lost me as a fan, and I truly believe we will never see success until we see new blood in the GM's office. Jerry can stay owner, hell he can even keep walking the sidelines. But find someone who didn't start out as an oil wildcatter to make football decisions from behind the GM desk.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happend to him crying for Tony? Did they break up or something?
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:09 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I don't care about this "story".

1. It's coming from Ed Werder, who I don't respect.

2. Awfully, awfully convenient how this just managed to spring up during Giants' week? I'm sure that is purely coincidence.

If there is a real story, let's hear that. Or just watch the game.
Ad hominem circumstantial involves pointing out that someone is in circumstances such that he is disposed to take a particular position. Essentially, ad hominem circumstantial constitutes an attack on the bias of a person. The reason that this is fallacious in syllogistic logic is that pointing out that one's opponent is disposed to make a certain argument does not make the argument, from a logical point of view, any less credible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_homi...ominem_abusive
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN is becoming unwatchable
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are a few important facts to consider...

1. TO has helped the Cowboys more than he has hurt the Cowboys... so far that is.... Now that could come to a dramatic stop real soon, but let's see it playout before we crucify him. When a star player on the team speaks out it's called leadership... when that player is TO, it's called him being selfish. I'n dat great? haha.

2. ESPN makes money when they blast TO. He is an easy target to attack because of his history. People love to hate him. They can twist and manipulate a story any way they want to make news about it. ....holy hell! God forbid! Say what? The WRs held a meeting with their OC to discuss ways to get them the ball??? OMGZ!!!! C'mon people... have a mind of your own instead of allowing the media to brain wash you.

3. There is a lack of leadership amongst the Cowboys players. Romo has made tremendous strides this year in trying to become a leader. He's trying to set an example in his personal life (acts of service.... and has anyone notice Jessica is no where in the news this season?) and on the field, he has growth as an outspoken leader and decision maker. However, he has yet to jump into the fire when it comes to handling issues amongst teammates or lockerroom issues. He is no where when it comes to defending his teammates or standing up for the team.

Bradie James is simply a liability as a team captain. He's the opposite of what one should be. His time as a Cowboy is nearing an end.

4. This team was built around talent and not character. That is the reason why we have no leaders. 13 pro bowlers last year and NO LEADERS. You would think somebody would step up, but it hasn't. I thought the addition of Zach Thomas a great team leader in Miami would help... all he says is that he wants to fit in and not cause a disruption. Wade Phillips is incapable of being a leader. His nothing more than a great DC. There needs to be some fixes real soon if the Cowboys have any plans of winning.

5. Cowboys will smash the Giants this weekend. No doubt about it.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
There are a few important facts to consider...

1. TO has helped the Cowboys more than he has hurt the Cowboys... so far that is.... Now that could come to a dramatic stop real soon, but let's see it playout before we crucify him. When a star player on the team speaks out it's called leadership... when that player is TO, it's called him being selfish. I'n dat great? haha.
The way TO allegedly spoke out does not represent good leadership. Accusing other players of plotting against him is just divisive to the team.

On a side note: someone should really talk to him about that TO touchdown celebration he does. Talk about self-aggrandizing.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I just think it's amazing to see how far Espn is reaching for this report.

The fact's are:

T.O. and some of the other receivers had 1 on 1 meetings with the OC.

T.O. did not come out publicly and criticize anyone. He didn't call Tony ***, He didn't say Tony ran out of breath and puked in the huddle... In fact, the last we saw of Owens on camera was in a Santa hat with a blinking red nose.

Witten said everything is fine.

Garrett said everything is fine.

Big mouth Bradie said everything is fine currently, but did imply that there are some flare ups every now and then that get diffused.

Tony has said nothing.

Newman was on Espn today and said "Our team chemistry is great, these reports have been blown out of proportion"

Where is the coverage of this? It was basically swept under the rug because it ruins the story.

Espn, werder, and mosley are taking so many liberties with this story and stretching this so far that I can't even watch tv right now without planning out the assassinations of werder and mosley in my head.

This story is basically based on speculation and the hope that Owens will blow up, yet it is occupying both Espn and Espn 2, the bottom line ticker, and the website.

This is getting equal coverage to Tom Brady blowing his knee out. It's awful.

Last edited by Burns336 : 12-12-2008 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Sorta reminds me of Parcells and LT.

The Jerry-Barber thing is a little tricky too, from what I hear. I heard an insider say that Barber was telling Choice on Monday of that week before the Pitt game that Barber wouldn't be playing. So, there's a little more to it than we all know. Jerry shouldn't have said anything, Barber's toughness is not questionable, but something else is going on we just don't know about.

The Giants game is a must win... every game we play is must win at this point. And honestly, I don't see it happening this year. The most I'm hoping for is that the team realizes what went wrong, purges itsself of the mistakes, and just goes lights out next year.

Also, I'm pretty sick and tired of saying "next year". I've been saying it for over a decade now. At what point do I get to start enjoying the perks of being a fan of the Cowboys again? Jerry's lost me as a fan, and I truly believe we will never see success until we see new blood in the GM's office. Jerry can stay owner, hell he can even keep walking the sidelines. But find someone who didn't start out as an oil wildcatter to make football decisions from behind the GM desk.
The Barber thing was another twist by the media. Making it seem like Jerry was questioning Barber's toughness. After having Emmitt Smith take him to the pinnacle, what else could you expect. Even I was taken aback when it became official that Barber wasn't going to play. I thought it was another coaching tactic to make it seem like he wasn't going to be apart of the game plan... similar to what Zorn did the week we played the Skins and Portis had an MCL injury that was too tough to practice on. Portis played on his bum leg, I thought for sure Barber would play on his bum toe. But the guy didn't even make the trip. I was shocked. If I was paying the guy millions, I would be down right baffled. Guess Jerry felt the same way. Now if anyone is under the impression that Jerry was criticizing Barber for the tough way he plays, they are wrong. The media spun it like that for you. Jerry is questioning his ability to play through injury... and that is completely different. That is a legit concern.

If people get sick of being a fan because the team doesn't win SBs, then that's classic bandwagon if you ask me. You have to enjoy the moment. Being a fan means having loyalty through thick and thin. It's not like there hasn't been any sense of accomplishment. The Cowboys went 12-4 last year and won the NFC East with little or no fan fare. Conversely, look at the Cards, they won the NFC West this year and they are partying like it's 1995! LMAO.

Jerry is not a GM that will make right decisions 100% of the time. Not many GMs out there do. However, he has shown the propensity to learn from his mistakes as he has grown throughout the years as a GM. I think at least 85-90% of the time he makes good decisions. But he is the most recognizable GM in the league, so any bad decision he makes gets magnified a billion times over. Relax people, the grass is not always greener on the other side.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
The way TO allegedly spoke out does not represent good leadership. Accusing other players of plotting against him is just divisive to the team.

On a side note: someone should really talk to him about that TO touchdown celebration he does. Talk about self-aggrandizing.
How did TO speak out? Did he go to the media? No. Did he go to his OC with other WRs behind closed doors? Yes. Speak out you say? It's the media speaking out through a leak who's name is Bradie James. I'm all for crucifying James.

Secondly, he didn't acuse Witten and Romo of plotting against him. Not sure how you got that out of the story. He was frustrated over the way Romo targets Witten especially in the clutch. ...and it hurt the Cowboys last Sunday by him doing that. Fact.

If you watch a lot of Cowboys games, TO is always on the sidelines encouraging guys to step up on the sidelines. ...and he's the ONLY guy I see doing that. He's a natural motivator and a great self motivator.

That said, he's not a leader. Just a motivator. We need more leaders. Fact.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:41 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

"I just want to win. I'm not trying to create a war of words with anybody. I thought we had a productive meeting, and I just talked to Jason about Tony reading the whole play because other people are open besides Witten."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3764732

This is TO's attempt to hold his tongue when talking to the media. I doubt things are this censored when a recorder isn't stuck in his face.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really all depends on the results of this coming weekend to be honest. If the Cowboys win, all of this will be forgotten.

But if they lose, you should expect dark days in the future. I know a lot of people want to say that how can we believe all of this and blah blah blah credibility blah blah blah. But having seen this same issue when Tiki tried to run Coughlin out of town, I can tell you that this is most likely all true. This is how it starts. Ive seen it before.

Denying the smoke will only make the fire burn stronger.

Of course all the Cowboys will deny the report and say everything is great. Come on, what do you expect them to say? And TO with the Rudolph costume...like we haven't seen him pull of stunts like that before? Remember him ripping McNabb then pretending like everything was fine the next day? I sure do. And Im sure Eagles fans sure do.

This issue is very much in existence, the question that remains to be answered is how much it will effect the team. We'll find out soon enough.

But let's not pretend that this is all an anti-cowboy conspiracy with no legs. Come on now.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

defense is siding with owens

and according to irvin, the meeting was on monday and was initiated by garrett to get everyone on the same page

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And why are you guys killing Bradie James? I applaud him. He's the ONE guy on the team that had the balls to confront the issue and say enough is enough. And its his fault?

Thats the problem with the Cowboys. The guys who should get praised (Witten, Romo, James, Barber) for being accountable get ripped on, and the guys who deserve no special treatment like TO, Pacman, Roy Williams are getting the pass.

Thats the problem. Until you see that fixed, you won't see the Cowboys go anywhere.

There are leaders on the Cowboys. The problem is theyre being overruled by a puppet coach who is an absolute joke, and a meddling owner that is screwing up the chemistry and accountability that was in place.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
And why are you guys killing Bradie James? I applaud him. He's the ONE guy on the team that had the balls to confront the issue and say enough is enough. And its his fault?

Thats the problem with the Cowboys. The guys who should get praised (Witten, Romo, James, Barber) for being accountable get ripped on, and the guys who deserve no special treatment like TO, Pacman, Roy Williams are getting the pass.

Thats the problem. Until you see that fixed, you won't see the Cowboys go anywhere.

There are leaders on the Cowboys. The problem is theyre being overruled by a puppet coach who is an absolute joke, and a meddling owner that is screwing up the chemistry and accountability that was in place.
Ill give you Witten, Romo, Barber -- but please stop with James.

James has basically played 6 good games his entire career. They happen to be the most recent 6 we've played, but before that he was a bum. He's just trying to suck up his 15 minutes of fame because in his mind he thinks he's Ray Lewis.

He's a wannabe leader and captain.

Look, I've said multiple times Owens is a prick. I also know that in the 3 or 4 games Romo has had to play with T.O. injured, he hasn't done anything. I know it's a small sample size and I sure as hell hope Romo can get it done without him but thus far he's been the starter for this offense.

Tony does look for Witten too much. I can call it out on the couch. I know when it's going to Witten. Anything from 3rd and 4 - 4th and 8 is going to Witten.

I saw Crayton wide open 2 times on plays in the Pitt game where Romo chose to go to Witten instead and we failed to convert.

I think the point we're trying to make is that Owens didn't come out and try to crucify anyone. He didn't publicly come out and show animosity towards his teammates.

To me, this is actually much less of a deal than the Deion Sanders interview. I mean, can anyone honestly say they think this is bigger than that interview?
Old 12-12-2008, 01:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
I think it pretty clearly says in the article that he thinks he's being plotted against by Witten and Romo. whether you buy anonymous sources or not is irrelevant, but let's not pretend the article says anything other than what it actually says.

out of curiosity, which moments of owens speaking out to the media have ever represented leadership, this "situation" notwithstanding? when he basically called mcnabb weak and incapable? when he called jeff garcia "rudy cool"? that's not and will never be leadership no matter which crappy prima donna happens to say it in range of a microphone and i don't think anyone would pretend that it is.
You can't counter reply with an article from the media, when I'm saying the media is the one skewing all the info in the first place. heh heh.

I think TO spoke volumes after last year's playoff lost when he defended Romo and said they "lost as a team". Whatever he did before coming to Dallas is another story. All I care about is what he does for this team. ...and he has done more good than bad.

...and I don't consider him a leader. He can't be. All he can be is a motivator. ...and he's done a good job at that.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:05 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Perhaps the Raiders?
Um, doubt it. I'd pray for Jamarcus Russell's life. It would be an interesting experiment though cuz he would get the ball a lot in Oakland, so it would be interesting to see what is more important for TO, getting the ball or winning football games.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Well Brandon Jacobs has been declared out, Plaxico is obviously gone. It's a must win. Even if this T.O. fiasco didn't happen I had said in the Cowboys forum that it was a must win.

So now, I've got to ask, if the Cowboys win this weekend what happens?

Does the team rally together? Is it "us against the world" magnified? Does it make this entire story die? Is everything peachy again?

EDIT: Also, since Espn launched this attack on Owens, do you think they have done the Cowboys a service in disguise?

They would love nothing more than to see Owens implode, but can he now? He's a crazy guy, but could he really come out and say anything publicly about anyone after being attacked like this? Can Owens really do anything other than go out and play his heart out, try to score, prove the media wrong, and say he's in love with Romo after the game?

Last edited by Burns336 : 12-12-2008 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

I disagree. If we lose this game and Romo is still forcing passes to Witten when other guys are open, then I will agree that things will get ugly. However, if we lose this game and Romo throws to the open guy, then I don't think there will be much fuss. It's all about how Romo rectifies this situation on the field.

Also, I have never bashed Witten, Romo or Barber. They get a ton of praise. Not sure where you see the bashing on them. However, Bradie is a team captain. As a team captain, you HAVE TO keep things that go on in the lockerroom in house. Going to the media is the last thing you do. Of course he deserves a bashing. He handled it all wrong.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Does it make this entire story die?
Yes, then they will spend this time talking about the Cowboys tying to make the playoffs or in other ways. It's not even about "the story" but just simply talking about the Dallas Cowboys because it brings in ratings.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns

RVING, TEXAS (TICKER) —Amid reports that Terrell Owens is unhappy with the team’s offense, Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillips sought to quell a burgeoning controversy at his daily media briefing Friday.

“There’s no issue there,” Phillips insisted. “We’re talking about something that really isn’t there.”

The Star-Telegram reported Thursday that Owens and fellow Cowboys receivers Roy Williams and Patrick Crayton called a meeting with offensive coordinator Jason Garrett to discuss the distribution of the football and what was termed a “buddy system.”

According to the report, at issue is the perception that Romo relies too heavily on tight end and good friend Jason Witten, and doesn’t always throw to the open man.

ESPN reported that Owens in particular has expressed resentment toward Romo, and is jealous of the quarterback’s relationship with Witten.

But Phillips dismissed that notion Friday.

“I don’t agree with that at all,” Phillips said before taking a jab at the press corps. “Nothing surprises me that comes out from the media. There’s always going to be something when you lose. That’s part of football, part of the NFL.

“I am not worried about a divided locker room.”

Owens was visibly upset followed last weekend’s 20-13 loss in Pittsburgh, a game in which Romo threw three interceptions and lost a fumble.

On Romo’s final interception, he threw a pass intended for Witten. Owens was upset and seen yelling at a coach on the sideline, acknowledging he was open on the play.

In his press conference after the game, Owens said Romo’s decision to make the pass to Witten was the wrong one.

“It’s his job to out there and assess what the defense is, and he made that decision,” Owens said.

Owens feels that Romo and Witten hold private meetings in which they create plays the two will use in upcoming games without including Owens in the conversation, according to the ESPN report.

Phillips again downplayed that there is a rift on the team and said it would not affect the Cowboys’ preparation for Sunday’s showdown against the NFC East-leading New York Giants.

“You’re going into something that I don’t believe is true,” he said. “Everything’s set straight as far as I’m concerned.

“It’s a non-issue, and a lot of players have said the same thing.”