Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Romo does look for Witten a little too much, at least from what I've seen. I guess this is only natural because they are so close and are so comfortable with each other ... say what you want about TO but could you imagine if Moss was on the Cowboys and wasn't getting the ball? It's kinda ridiculous not to get the ball to your best player, you can double TO (which defenses really aren't) and he can still make plays, just like Moss. And I honestly think that opposing defenses realize how much Romo looks for Witten, and somewhat plan around that. Seriously, if even the defensive players agree with TO, there's something to it, they know better than anyone what's going on with that team.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
I think Romo does look for Witten a little too much, at least from what I've seen. I guess this is only natural because they are so close and are so comfortable with each other ... say what you want about TO but could you imagine if Moss was on the Cowboys and wasn't getting the ball? It's kinda ridiculous not to get the ball to your best player, you can double TO (which defenses really aren't) and he can still make plays, just like Moss. And I honestly think that opposing defenses realize how much Romo looks for Witten, and somewhat plan around that. Seriously, if even the defensive players agree with TO, there's something to it, they know better than anyone what's going on with that team.
The stats say otherwise. TO has been targeted more than any of the receivers.

Also, T.O. is no longer our "best player". So it's not that ridiculous.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
The stats say otherwise. TO has been targeted more than any of the receivers.

Also, T.O. is no longer our "best player". So it's not that ridiculous.
ok, the most "explosive player."
Old 12-13-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
ok, the most "explosive player."
Felix Jones?
Old 12-13-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Deshea Townsend said they knew when the ball was going to Witten. They said a lot of the formations and situations (3rd down) were predictable calls going to Witten.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

You know that after the catch TO is one of the most explosive players in NFL history. Felix Jones is on IR.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Deshea Townsend said they knew when the ball was going to Witten. They said a lot of the formations and situations (3rd down) were predictable calls going to Witten.
So you mean that the best defense in the NFL with a defensive-minded head coach knew that in the cold, windy conditions that the Cowboys were planning on using the all-pro tight end more than the wideouts means that T.O. is right? What?? The ball wasn't going to the outside. They tried that early in the game and Polamalu jumped the route. The offensive gameplan was to keep it inside the hash marks, because that's all that was safe to do.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well I think that has less to do with Witten and Owens and more to do with Garrett's playcalling. I miss Patrick Crayton btw. It's like he doesn't exist.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Quote:
So you mean that the best defense in the NFL with a defensive-minded head coach knew that in the cold, windy conditions that the Cowboys were planning on using the all-pro tight end more than the wideouts means that T.O. is right? What?? The ball wasn't going to the outside. They tried that early in the game and Polamalu jumped the route. The offensive gameplan was to keep it inside the hash marks, because that's all that was safe to do.
OK, if you knew this than obviously the Dallas offensive coaching staff knew this, and would have communicated this to Romo. So why keep going with him if you know the defense is keying on him? Can you utilize TO in the middle of the field? That's where he does a ton of damage, on drag or crossing routes across the middle where he can take a short pass and make something happen.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Well, like I mentioned before, I can almost predict when the ball is going to Witten as easily as I could predict Parcells running a draw with Julius. I just think Tony is in a mental funk.

One good game where he could let it fly to everyone would do him some good. I realize the conditions in Pittsburgh were not ideal, but they weren't terrible either. More cold than wet. He just looked like he was in a mental funk from the start of the game. That interception by Troy P was just the first mistake in a long line of many.

Fortunately, Romo has been great in games following his poor performances like the one in Pitt. I saw a stat that said after each of his 3 worst games he came back to throw for an average of like 290 yards and 3 tds, which is exactly the type of game he'll need this weekend to get everyone involved, right the ship, and keep playoff hopes alive.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, like I mentioned before, I can almost predict when the ball is going to Witten as easily as I could predict Parcells running a draw with Julius. I just think Tony is in a mental funk.

One good game where he could let it fly to everyone would do him some good. I realize the conditions in Pittsburgh were not ideal, but they weren't terrible either. More cold than wet. He just looked like he was in a mental funk from the start of the game. That interception by Troy P was just the first mistake in a long line of many.

Fortunately, Romo has been great in games following his poor performances in Pitt. I saw a stat that said after each of his 3 worst games he came back to throw for an average of like 290 yards and 3 tds, which is exactly the type of game he'll need this weekend to get everyone involved, right the ship, and keep playoff hopes alive.
You could tell Romo was gonna have an average-bad game after that first series. The guy is all confidence and rhythm. That's one thing I notice about Romo. When he's got time and he's feeling it, things are just easy for the guy. But throwing that early pick told me it wasn't gonna be one of those games.

Just gotta start in the no huddle vs the Giants. Romo is unbelievable at it. I've seen him lead drive after drive right before half to get the Cowboys a field goal or even a late TD. And usually the confidence he gets then carries over to the 2nd half. Hopefully Garrett realizes this.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
You could tell Romo was gonna have an average-bad game after that first series. The guy is all confidence and rhythm. That's one thing I notice about Romo. When he's got time and he's feeling it, things are just easy for the guy. But throwing that early pick told me it wasn't gonna be one of those games.

Just gotta start in the no huddle vs the Giants. Romo is unbelievable at it. I've seen him lead drive after drive right before half to get the Cowboys a field goal or even a late TD. And usually the confidence he gets then carries over to the 2nd half. Hopefully Garrett realizes this.
He's been good against the Giants in his career thus far. Hopefully that carries over and gives him confidence heading into this game. I know he isn't really one to get rattled, but this basically is a playoff game. I don't believe we will make the playoffs if we lose this game.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen in my life. Is that you man?
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Absolutely not, I actually don't have a blind hatred for Ed Werder like everyone else.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Mortensen reports Owens and Witten had words with each other. Ruh-oh....

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
further, he was outplayed by shaun mcdonald on the lions. after he'd been there for several seasons. it's not like he's just now playing a little worse with a new offense.
No he wasn't. And it's not Roy's fault that Romo thinks he's about 18 feet tall.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
Mortensen reports Owens and Witten had words with each other. Ruh-oh....
I was almost about to believe this report until I found out that it was reported by Mort.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Well, Williams has been in the offense for all of 8 or so weeks now. Hardly enough time to fully integrate into the offense and have full-fledged chemistry with Romo.

Sheesh, I'm turning into a Cowboys apologist thanks to this thread.
Well you're not wrong...Williams is a good WR.

I'm sure being a midseason pickup going from the Lions to the first or second most popular and scrutinized team in the NFL is a bit of an adjustment.

Def. don't think they should regret this thread.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I'm turning into a Cowboys apologist thanks to this thread.
It's not Roy's fault he isn't seeing any passes come his way. I wouldn't be in the least bit shocked if the Cowboys parted ways with TO this off-season now that they have Roy.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw Owens and Witten got in a verbal confrontation, which almost got physical after Owens called Witten a name. Witten should have knocked him out.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Just saw Owens and Witten got in a verbal confrontation, which almost got physical after Owens called Witten a name. Witten should have knocked him out.
I'm actually siding with Owens if what has been said is true. PFT had reported that Witten and his Agent sought out Werder and were feeding him this ****...

I can't believe it's true, but if it is, that's ******** on Wittens part. If that was true, it basically means Witten brought this whole thing on instead of keeping it in house. This never would have come out had he not allegedly done such a thing.

Again, I can't believe Witten would actually do something like that. If it turned out to be true, I'd be pretty disappointed in him.

EDIT: I just wanted to type true one more time.

Last edited by Burns336 : 12-13-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm actually siding with Owens if what has been said is true. PFT had reported that Witten and his Agent sought out Werder and were feeding him this ****...

I can't believe it's true, but if it is, that's ******** on Wittens part. If that was true, it basically means Witten brought this whole thing on instead of keeping it in house. This never would have come out had he not allegedly done such a thing.

Again, I can't believe Witten would actually do something like that. If it turned out to be true, I'd be pretty disappointed in him.

Eh, i'm not necessarily siding with Witten, I just think it would be funny if he knocked out TO. lol
Old 12-13-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Eh, i'm not necessarily siding with Witten, I just think it would be funny if he knocked out TO. lol
T.O. would probably own Witten in a fight.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Why would any Cowboy even want to talk to Ed Werder?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Why would any Cowboy even want to talk to Ed Werder?
The same reason Barry Bonds occasionally talked to Pedro Gomez.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote