Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 02-02-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

1. everette brown -
2. kenny britt - wr
3. donald brown - rb
4. marcus freeman - olb
5. curtis painter - qb
6. tony fiametta - fb
7. kevin brock - te
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NONONONONONO

Everette Brown is purely a pass rushing DE. We can't afford to spend a 1st round pick on another one of those.

Britt is decent. I'm not a fan, but I doubt he'll be available in the 2nd,

We don't need another decent RB. We have 3. No sense wasting a pick on a 4th just to add to the rotation.

Freeman is a good pick but there's no chance he slips that far.

Painter, Fiametta and Brock make no sense. We don't need any of those positions that late in the draft. I don't understand the ideology of some fans where they think "oh we have a bunch of decent players at this position but no great ones so let's add another below-average player to the mix".

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:38 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

the thing is, what are those decent players doing or have done?
Old 02-16-2009, 10:48 AM    (permalink
redbuc

Default This Mock Has Bucs Taking DT Jerry At 19

This one has some guys going in places I didn't expect, but they seem to make some sense. As a Bucs fan, I like Peria Jerry at 19, but part of me would rather have Larry English if the Bears didn't take him.

Here is a link.

<link removed>

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Geo : 02-16-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default How much is Nnamdi Asomugha worth?

If Nnamdi Asomugha hits free agency, how much is he worth to the Bucs. Talib looks good, but Ronde is done and Buchanon may not be resigned. I wouldn't be all that upset if we took a CB in the first round. I would be also be willing to give Nnamdi Asomugha a Haynesworth-like contract.

He only had 35 passes thrown his way in the 2007 season. He's the closest thing the NFL has to a pure shut down corner and no one ever throws at him. He and Talib would be a pretty exciting tandem for the next few seasons.
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Simply put, A LOT.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJ997 View Post
If Nnamdi Asomugha hits free agency, how much is he worth to the Bucs. Talib looks good, but Ronde is done and Buchanon may not be resigned. I wouldn't be all that upset if we took a CB in the first round. I would be also be willing to give Nnamdi Asomugha a Haynesworth-like contract.

He only had 35 passes thrown his way in the 2007 season. He's the closest thing the NFL has to a pure shut down corner and no one ever throws at him. He and Talib would be a pretty exciting tandem for the next few seasons.
Can we have max deals in the NFL?
Old 02-28-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
zCaddyz
Rookie

zCaddyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Heres my hope for the draft
1.Brain Crushing or BPA
2.Fili Moala

That is all.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zCaddyz View Post
1.Brain Crushing or BPA
2.Fili Moala

That is all.
With our second being used on Kellen Winslow there is only a tiny chance Moala comes to Tampa. Combine that with the fact that I don't really see him as an ideal fit in the defense Bates is trying to develop.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zCaddyz View Post
1.Brain Crushing or BPA
2.Fili Moala

That is all.
Oh boy....

Brian Cushing is the most overrated player in the draft. He has really tight hips and will struggle with coverage and pursuit. He's not a Tampa LB by any means. Black and Hayes should get their shot at the job, so there's no need to spend our 1st on a LB with so many other needs out there.

I like Moala as a pass rusher, but he's lanky, stiff and struggles at the point of attack. We already have similar players in Peterson and Moore. Moala's best fit is in a 3-4. I don't think he's more than a situational guy in a 4-3.

At this point DT doesn't look like a position we're looking to address. We still have Haye, Hovan, Sims, Wilkerson, Peterson and Moore all locked up. Those guys can all be upgraded, but don't you think we would've let Sims go or cut someone by now if we wanted a DT? We've shown no interest in any FA DT except Haynesworth, so that's telling as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-06-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 3 round mock

1) J. Gilbert d.e./d.t. san jose state
a justin tuck type player with tremendous athleticism...can play left end opposite adams in base defense and kick in to the u.t. position in nickel/dime packages....had a tremendous combine....sleeper

2) K. Mckinley w.r. s. carolina
productive w.r. with great speed and very good hands would be a great #2 to bryant...former q.b. who could possibly run the wildcat and is always good for some trick plays.

complete mock here
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...=1#post1533596

thoughts?
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I posted my thoughts in the thread already....yesterday.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-07-2009, 11:36 AM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For your viewing pleasure:

An animated short based on message board discussions between two Bucs fans.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=2009030623035437
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:10 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJ997 View Post
For your viewing pleasure:

An animated short based on message board discussions between two Bucs fans.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=2009030623035437
Haha pretty funny.

Anyone think we'll try and replace Bidwell this off-season?

Old 03-12-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't crucify me for this...

Never made this connection but someone else did (don't know if it's been mentioned here yet): Raheem Morris coached a young Josh Freeman at KSU in 2006.

I know he was the DC and didn't work directly with him, but I'm just stating a fact...

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Don't crucify me for this...

Never made this connection but someone else did (don't know if it's been mentioned here yet): Raheem Morris coached a young Josh Freeman at KSU in 2006.

I know he was the DC and didn't work directly with him, but I'm just stating a fact...
That fact has been constantly posted by the guys at Pewter Report.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
That fact has been constantly posted by the guys at Pewter Report.
/facepalm.

Do you really think a newly appointed Head Coach for an NFL team is gonna draft a guy just because he coached on the other side of the ball for one year? Morris is not Nick Saban. Plus it's not like Freeman was much to write home about in 2006 anyway.

Although I do think it helps because Morris will have an idea of his habits as a human being off the field.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-14-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
manilavanilla
Rookie

manilavanilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default alphonso smith

I think we should take smith if he's there at #19.

needs:
DT - unless Raji falls to us, there's no one that I feel would fit into Bates system that's worthy of our first rounder

QB - if Sanchez falls then we grab him before the Jets do, otherwise nobody really does it for me.

DE - Maybe if T.Jackson or Brown falls but I think I'd still rather have Smith over both.

CB - Letting P.Buc go concerns me as we've got little depth. Mack may impress but I can see us bringing in a guy to compete and replace Ronde by next year. A.Smith looks like he can really play and having him and Talib for the next 10 years together would be gnarly.
manilavanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I agree about the impact of Alphonso Smith in our defense. It's a big turnaround from having a potential liability at corner for teams to pick on....to having 2 playmaking corners that can really benefit from our physical safeties that take away the deep threat. Smith and Talib are both very good at covering short routes which limits an opposing team's ability to produce long drives.

I'll be disappointed if we settle with a mediocre (or worse) CB unit.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-19-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

1. percy hervin - wr / morris said he wants points on the board, its going to take more than bryant, clayton, and winslow
3. sen'derrick marks - dt / they need to get younger and athletic here
4. james casey - te
6. quinn johnson - fb
7. kendall davis-clark - cb
Old 03-19-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Uhh....

James Casey and Quinn Johnson? We don't need either position.

Marks is probably too small for our scheme.

Where's the DE? That's probably our biggest need.

sig by BoneKrusher