Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All things considered, this race is unbelievable and has been something that i have been keeping my eye on for awhile now. Weird to see a discussion with so much Ware in it and no mention of Merriman. With that said, it would be interesting to see where Merriman would be in this race, with so many other 3-4 OLBs tearing it up, all things considered, he probably would be in the double digits and maybe mid-teens also.

I'd probably like to see Abraham win it, based on how he's just been a monster at the DE on the pass rush.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think about this for a moment:

Merriman would have gone against Kwame Harris and the Chiefs twice!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post

Sigh. The Chargers have lost 7 games by less than a touchdown. Thinking about Merriman's potential impact doesn't really put me in a great mood.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joey Porter is insane. The difference between this season and last season is just ridiculous. Coaching has a lot to do with it but his intensity and energy this season is completely different that last year. He gets past Ware and the next week Ware has 3 sacks. >_<

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For what it's worth if we're coming clean on the Ware pick initially, I too was one of those who wanted Shawne Merriman. Ware was IMO rising too fast, played against Sun Belt competition, and hadn't played standing up to that point. Merriman had played standing up and in a 3 point stance, was productive in a competitive conference, and was seen as a legit prospect before the combine. I was furious we took Ware. But since his second season, I've been on the bandwagon. BP knew what he was doing. Also the rumor is Merriman showed up to his Dallas workout fat.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to see ware break it, i think that would give merriman that little bit extra to come back like a madman next season.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want the record help by a OLB. I'm a 43 nut hugger and am not a real fan of the 34 defense at all. I hope the record stays.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I don't want the record help by a OLB. I'm a 43 nut hugger and am not a real fan of the 34 defense at all. I hope the record stays.
If Ware were a one-trick pony sackmaster like some 3-4 OLBs out there I could see that, but Ware is a balanced player and does the same job a 4-3 defensive end does. He just happens to play in a more flexible system that lets him also drop into coverage and move around the line. So really, he does more than a 4-3 defensive end has to.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
If Ware were a one-trick pony sackmaster like some 3-4 OLBs out there I could see that, but Ware is a balanced player and does the same job a 4-3 defensive end does. He just happens to play in a more flexible system that lets him also drop into coverage and move around the line. So really, he does more than a 4-3 defensive end has to.
yeah, buts sacks are still easier to come by imo from the stand up position. Ware might be my favorite non-bill in the league and I love the guy as a player, but I do think 3-4 and 4-3 sack stats are not totally comparable. I wont say I am not rooting for Ware to break the record, because I am, but I think 4-3 DE's have a tougher time racking up sacks.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

He doesn't get all of his sacks standing up. He plays with his hand down on a 4 man line in all of our sub packages which are used quite frequently.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
He doesn't get all of his sacks standing up. He plays with his hand down on a 4 man line in all of our sub packages which are used quite frequently.
Yeah people are too quick to cookie cut players these days.

BTW, the greatest sack artist of all time... Lawrence Taylor, also played as a 3-4 OLB. Any loss in credibility? I don't think so.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade Phillips really has gotten the best out of Merriman and now Ware. Two best players from the 2005 draft, should've went 1st and 2nd overall in hindsight for sure.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post

A sack is a sack regardless, its dumb to bring this up because people say ware gets sacks at the end of games when it doesnt matter. Since when or who does it matter whether it should be a worthy sack.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
yeah, buts sacks are still easier to come by imo from the stand up position.
I've heard people say this before and I don't understand where it comes from.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ppl saying that rushbackers have an easier time to get sacks...well guess what?

thats what makes the 3-4 such a great defense, and thats why a dominant rushbacker is more impactful than a dominant DE.

A dominant rushbacker that commands a double team causes much more protection problems for an offense compared to a DE that needs a double.

And a true rushbacker is just like Ware, a well rounded player. Ware can rush like a DE, drop into coverage as well as any LB out there, and can stuff the run like no tomorrow.

Another benefit of rushbackers in the 3-4: it makes running weakside a lot harder.

I <3 me some 3-4 defense.

Most rushbackers also put their hand on the dirt in nickel packages anyway, fyi.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

BBD is Ware's biggest fan! That's how you know Ware is good.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish I was buzzed. The only sack crown I know of is the one handed out to the first Buc to reach the elusive 6-sack plateau. Naw, scratch that, I wish I was piss drunk.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting sacks standing up is easier? Really?

Even if you believe that, Ware is the most well rounded 3-4 OLB in the game.

Plus, it'll be fun to see what Merriman does when he comes back.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Getting sacks standing up is easier? Really?

Even if you believe that, Ware is the most well rounded 3-4 OLB in the game.

Plus, it'll be fun to see what Merriman does when he comes back.
Oh Senor Don Gato was a cat...
On a high red roof Don Gato sat...
He went there to read a letter
Meow, meow, meow
Where the reading light was better
Meow, meow, meow
T'was a love note for Don Gato....

Ware is my hero.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm praying that Ware gets 4 sacks in the next two games.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
when Brett Favre fell down....
you mean two games after Strahan had a sack taken away and it was called a negative run by the QB? I hate that ******** argument against Strahan....
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:11 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Oh Senor Don Gato was a cat...
On a high red roof Don Gato sat...
He went there to read a letter
Meow, meow, meow
Where the reading light was better
Meow, meow, meow
T'was a love note for Don Gato....

Ware is my hero.
I had to sing this song in music class in elementary/middle school, every damn day.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:59 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I had to sing this song in music class in elementary/middle school, every damn day.
Yeah me too... Funny stuff.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:20 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't say standing up makes it easier to sack a QB, but it seems to me the 3-4 generally generates a few more sacks from well designed plays than a 4-3. But that shouldn't diminish achivements by 3-4 OLB's, that'd be like saying Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison should be looked down upon for playing their careers in a pass happy offensive scheme.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
A sack is a sack regardless, its dumb to bring this up because people say ware gets sacks at the end of games when it doesnt matter. Since when or who does it matter whether it should be a worthy sack.
But Osi got crucified here after his 6 sack game. It was against WInston LOLZ *sigh*
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote