Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 12-15-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default King Carl out in KC

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...n-kansas-city/

He resigned...

Is Herm next?
Old 12-15-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope not...Herm is hardly the problem...

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He should be.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
I hope not...Herm is hardly the problem...
He's not the solution.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, he just had a great draft for the team and added a solid young core.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
But they had the #5 pick and traded there best player. It's easy to have a good draft when you have that many picks. Like the lions will this year.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Carl really has nothing to do with the drafts...He gives a lot of freedom to his coaches/scouting department.

Honestly though, I hope Herm stays. He has gotten the Chiefs to play hard week in and week out with a **** defense and a young team. I want to give him at least one more year.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
But they had the #5 pick and traded there best player. It's easy to have a good draft when you have that many picks. Like the lions will this year.
well whats the point of resigning him when you get a very good offer from the Vikings and are in rebuilding mode...and if he didn't trade him, they wouldn't have had most of those picks.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd give Herm another year. He isn't the problem, he's a good coach. They are just rebuilding.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
If he is that sucks for him because he wanted the San Diego State job that just went to Brady Hoke
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I must be dreaming don't wake me.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless they promote from within, a new GM is likely going to want to bring his "his guy" at head coach.

If I were Herm I'd at least be little worried here.....
Old 12-15-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Unless they promote from within, a new GM is likely going to want to bring his "his guy" at head coach.

I'm all for some spring cleaning.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure unless Detroit fans can really understand the joy I feel right now
Old 12-15-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I have heard rumors before of grooming Kuharich to be CP's replacment
Old 12-15-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I'm all for some spring cleaning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I'm not sure unless Detroit fans can really understand the joy I feel right now
One thing to worry about though is if theres a new GM, who brings in "his guy" at HC, then that HC might want to bring in "his guy" at QB....and the way most Chiefs fans seem to be pimping Thigpen, you might all be a little disappointed.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peterson always struck me as a pompous idiot.

Hopefully for Chiefs they get someone better, and very likely easier to make trades with.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Peterson always struck me as a pompous idiot.

Hopefully for Chiefs they get someone better, and very likely easier to make trades with.
I'd use a stronger word then idiot but you are correct
Old 12-15-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
One thing to worry about though is if theres a new GM, who brings in "his guy" at HC, then that HC might want to bring in "his guy" at QB....and the way most Chiefs fans seem to be pimping Thigpen, you might all be a little disappointed.
This is true but if we can have a turn around like Miami or the Falcons I'm for it I do like me some TT but I like winning more.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
This is true but if we can have a turn around like Miami or the Falcons I'm for it I do like me some TT but I like winning more.
so do I.I don't think I can take another year like this one
Old 12-15-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I have heard rumors before of grooming Kuharich to be CP's replacment
First, that would be amazing. This last draft was all Kuharich and Herm.

Second, for those who are saying Herm should be replaced, you're wrong. These kids (yes, kids, because we're the youngest team in the NFL and are starting backups, rookies and first year players) are playing their hearts out for him and they're getting better week after week. For those of you who don't watch most Chiefs games, which I'm going to venture is a lot of you, you won't see that, only the scores and the record.

Yeah, we're 2-12. Our defense has been bad while our offense has improved. We are a better team wether or not you see it and the main reason for that is Herm. You don't rebuild after one year and no one (read: most of the sane KC fans) expected it to be night and day, but we are getting better every week and he's the cause of it.

Thank god CP is gone. He is TERRIBLE.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
iBoldin
Veteran

iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Herm, if fired, will find work with some other team, he is a great coach, he's got that Chiefs team working hard week in and week out, they are just a little strapped in the W column, which will come with time and more experience.

With the likelihood of seven-eight teams looking for a new coach, I think he'll find a new job fairly quickly.
iBoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Herm and TT should get another year. I'm just curious what are the biggest positions of need for the chiefs? I know their D is god awful so I'm assuming some1 to help Dorsey. But could we see them take a HB first round?

I'm really hoping Herm can fill some holes this offseason with FA and the Draft and have a Miami like turnaround
Old 12-15-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

We have got nothing but worse since Herm took over 9-7,4-12 and 2-12 Herm only won his first year with DV players and he only won in NY with Parcells players.

I do like Herm Edwards as a person and I do think he has a great football mind but I just don't feel he should be running the show it is to much for him to handle.

Last edited by Splat : 12-15-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
GO_Chiefs
Rookie

GO_Chiefs is a cocksman.GO_Chiefs is a cocksman.GO_Chiefs is a cocksman.GO_Chiefs is a cocksman.

Herm should be gone. The amount of blown leads this year due to our conservatism by Herm is atrocious. He can motivate players and is good on the defensive side but that is about it. So many times we've had leads only to blown them due to Herm's theory of run run pass punt logic.

IMO the Chiefs draft needs in order

QB
DE
O-line
LB
GO_Chiefs is offline   Reply With Quote