Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2009 Pro Bowl selections

Supposed to be announced today at 4 pm et on NFL Network!

Who gets in? Who gets snubed? Who pulls a Jonathan Ogden?

Get ready for another doozy of a thread like we had last year. And things like my fabulous post detailing Fred Taylor's Pro Bowl snubs.

Discuss.

Last edited by Geo : 12-16-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Titans might be pretty well represented this year.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone think Calvin gets in? If he wasn't stuck on the Lions he would definitely be in!
Old 12-16-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Raiders are always guaranteed of one pro bowler (Lechler) ! :D
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Jones, Jenkins, and Revis aren't in I will be furious.

Mangold, Faneca, Ellis, and Revis all have a good chance of being in.

Jets could be well represented for the first time in years haha
Old 12-16-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With all this chatter of the entire NFC team being Redskins, I call it now, 3 pro bowlers. Portis, Cooley, and finally Fletcher. They really are the only deserving one's. I love Samuels but if he makes another pro bowl I will feel sorry for the other deserving candidates. Sellers should be a pro bowler but it will probably be Madison, and Sellers fumbled the game away last week, but it's not really his fault. I hope Landry makes it but he doesn't really have the stats to be a pro bowler.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thoughts on who make the NFC QB roster? could come down to McNabb, Romo, Eli, Rodgers, Warner, Brees??
Old 12-16-2008, 01:47 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Warner Brees and Eli. I hope its that
Old 12-16-2008, 01:49 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well for the Packers, the only ones I can think of are Woodson, Rodgers, and Blackmon. Collins is 50-50. And Rodgers has been having a better season, all around, then Eli.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, looking at last year's thread, weird to see how much people's opinions have changed. Ton of Deangelo Hall love last year...
Old 12-16-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
well for the Packers, the only ones I can think of are Woodson, Rodgers, and Blackmon. Collins is 50-50. And Rodgers has been having a better season, all around, then Eli.
Doesn't matter if Rodgers has had a better season that Eli. Rodgers is on a 5 win disappointing team, Eli is the QB of the #1 team in the NFC for the entire year and he's the reigning super bowl MVP and has ridiculous name recognition. I'm not talking about what's fair, I'm being realistic. Rodgers doesn't stand a chance in hell to make the pro bowl, IMO. And trust me I'm not hating if it were up to me Eli wouldn't be in the pro bowl.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the G-Men I think Tuck, Snee, Carney, and outside shot that Eli makes it. I could also see Feagles getting in this year as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Doesn't matter if Rodgers has had a better season that Eli. Rodgers is on a 5 win disappointing team, Eli is the QB of the #1 team in the NFC for the entire year and he's the reigning super bowl MVP and has ridiculous name recognition. I'm not talking about what's fair, I'm being realistic. Rodgers doesn't stand a chance in hell to make the pro bowl, IMO. And trust me I'm not hating if it were up to me Eli wouldn't be in the pro bowl.
I think Warner, Romo, and Brees make it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-16-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Packers:
Greg Jennings - some how I think he makes it.
Charles Woodson
Nick Collins

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno who all will make it for Miami other than Joey Porter, but last I checked Jake Long and Dan Carpenter were the leading vote getters for their positions.

I'd love to see Pennington get in because of what he's meant for the team, but he does not have the numbers for the pro bowl.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking Harrison, Polamalu, Woodley make it for the Steelers. I hope Aaron Smith and Farrior make it too. They deserve it.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

NFC Wr's should be Boldin, Fitz, White, and Calvin Johnson.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-16-2008, 02:01 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

If Harrison, Polamalu and Smith don't make it, I'd call for shenanigans. Farrior and Woodley I think have an outside shot but should get in. Ward and Ike Taylor could sneak in if some injuries come about soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!

Last edited by captainjack27 : 12-16-2008 at 02:06 PM.
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
NFC Wr's should be Boldin, Fitz, White, and Calvin Johnson.
That'll be interesting. I do think that's who makes it but there are so many deserving WR in the NFC. Boldin, Fitz, White, Megatron, Smith, Jennings.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
thoughts on who make the NFC QB roster? could come down to McNabb, Romo, Eli, Rodgers, Warner, Brees??
Imo it's down to four guys only (listed in alphabetical order):
1. Drew Brees
2. Eli Manning
3. Matt Ryan
4. Kurt Warner
Young Ryan probably doesn't make it, the vets have name recognition.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The Giants Pro-Bowlers have been leaked and we have 6 guys going:

Eli Manning
Justin Tuck
Chris Snee
Shaun O'Hara
John Carney
Jeff Feagles

We also have 4 First Alternates:

Madison Hedgecock
Kevin Boss
Chase Blackburn(ST)
Antonio Pierce

2nd Alternate:

Fred Robbins

3rd Alternates:

Brandon Jacobs
David Diehl

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-16-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

LOL @ Carney and Feagles. Got to love having the best record in the conference.

Definitely agree with the other four, voted for each one myself. Surprised Jacobs is only the third alternate, he got jobbed a little there.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack27 View Post
If Harrison, Polamalu and Smith don't make it, I'd call for shenanigans. Farrior and Woodley I think have an outside shot.
Lol you can call for "shenanigans" but do you honestly think the common NFL fan would vote for Aaron Smith. This isn't an MVP mandated award, fan voting and media makes up 2/3rds of the decision and I guarantee Aaron Smith is not one of the top 20 known names as far as DE's go. That's where I think people get confused and angry for no reason. Pro bowl voting is what it is, it's a popularity contest. Guys routinely make the pro bowl undeserving because of name recognition, case in point Chris Samuels who is a guy I love but has been hurt and less than stellar the past few years. Or like Jonathan Ogden last year who had no right being in the pro bowl. This is how the pro bowl works, and it's never going to change as long as fan voting is involved. But I think it's right to have fan voting. While you'd love to reward deserving players, the pro bowl is a game for the fans. The fans should be able to vote for whoever they want to see.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Smith won't get it. And I say this as someone who voted for him, but he's not going to get recognized enough.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so long as Rogers goes I'll be happy. No other brown deserves the bid. The only one close after Rogers is Cribbs or maybe Jackson.