Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:05 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
let's be real clear here... i wouldn't argue for a second if rivers had made it over cutler (favre is an entirely different story), so i'm not suggesting that cutler is absolutely deserving. but. i don't see where this idea that he fell off "precipitously" came from. sure, he started out playing MVP-caliber football. since then, the entire running back corps has gone on IR and he's STILL putting up great numbers, considering teams could basically put 10 players at DB against us. his worst game, against new england, came in week 7. after that, he "only" threw for nearly 450 and has been literally the only reason we've won a game since. he wasn't great last week, and he wasn't great against oakland. outside of that, i don't know that you can argue that he hasn't been playing pro bowl quality football all season.

again, if you want to tell me how/why pennington has been better (as i'd assume there's near universal agreement from people who've actually watched football that rivers > favre), i'd be willing to listen (and may well agree). but that reason doesn't include cutler "precipitously" falling off.

on a completely different tack, i wish every player voted to the game would decline to participate at all. force the nfl to sort out this debacle. it's too bad some players have either egos or bonuses tied to the game.
I think Culter deserves it, don't get me wrong....I mean, he has as good an argument in the conference as anyone after Rivers and Pennington, imo. And by precipitously I mean he went from consistently "completely and utterly unstoppable" to inconsistent, ranging anywhere from "amazing" to "mildly horrifying". Overall, he was still a good QB after he cooled down, especially considering the things you mentioned, but the difference between his start and the rest of the year is quite large. I was legitimately terrified for the league watching him those first few weeks.

As for Pennington, I just feel like he has done so many things for that team, giving them a leader to look to, providing a steady hand on the reins, and has actually been getting the ball downfield (he's flirted with the 8.0 ypa mark all year, which is downright amazing) this year, to go along with his usual other-worldly comp% and low INT%. Add in the fact that he's led his team to 9 wins already after them getting only 1 the year before, and I see a very strong case for him this season. I don't necessarily think that he's a shoe-in, or head and shoulders above the field, but he isn't getting ANY love, and his argument is as strong or stronger than anyone's beside Philip Rivers.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:55 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It makes me laugh how everyone has a beef with who made it to the probowl, yet we all were the ones who voted them in
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:17 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The biggest beefs come from the Fletcher and Megatron nut huggers and the better players made it anyway.

Everyone is going to cry when their favorite guys don't make it. It just sucks when lame ducks like Favre get in.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes. Favre did not deserve to make the probowl this year. Sure the Chargers aren't winning like everyone expected, but Phillip Rivers deserved to be in over Favre.

In order to say "snub" you have to have a "who they should have made it over"...In this case, Phil Rivers was snubbbbed. I am a GIGANTIC Packer homer and a Favre lover, but I gotta say againt Favre in this one.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, as much as Fletcher deserves to go, and has played well, Beason is certainly better. Bradie James has been terrific this year, too. He has been insane for the last 6 or 7 games, and is deserving of an invite in my opinion, but there are at least 3 guys who are in front of him, so you can't really complain.

The Pro Bowl rosters are usually pretty good. Its just that there are at least 3 or 4 W.T.F. selections that cast doubt on the rest of the process. I think they got WR, RB, TE, LB, DE and DT perfect on the NFC, and OG, OT, and CB were pretty good, too. Even with the egregious Romo omission, they still got at least 2/3 of the QB right. Besides that, I think only the Dawkins pick at safety was a really bad one. He is this year's Roy Williams, Johnathan Ogden, Brett Favre pick who made it in solely on reputation. He has not been very good.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 12-18-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Asante shouldnt have made it, he isnt even the best CB on his team

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Asante shouldnt have made it, he isnt even the best CB on his team
I already said this, but yeah, you're right.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He does lead the league in PDs, he's not completely undeserving, just maybe not as deserving as Sheldon. It's not a huge deal, but I would like to see Sheldon get a pick or 2.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
He does lead the league in PDs, he's not completely undeserving, just maybe not as deserving as Sheldon. It's not a huge deal, but I would like to see Sheldon get a pick or 2.
Yeah, but he's given up a lot of yards and ypa. Sheldon was statistically the second best CB in the league for a while.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:51 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

very glad to see some good titan representation especially chris hope and chris johnson
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

Yeah, I didn't want to go after Asante because I thought it might ruffle some feathers, but I agree. I haven't checked back on it, but right around midseason Sheldon Brown was putting up a record YPA that had stat heads buzzing like bees. Has he continued to play that well?

Its too bad that Newman was so injured in the 1st half of the season. Ever since he came back from injury he has been lights out. Its a shame.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 12-18-2008, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Yeah, I didn't want to go after Asante because I thought it might ruffle some feathers, but I agree. I haven't checked back on it, but right around midseason Sheldon Brown was putting up a record YPA that had stat heads buzzing like bees. Has he continued to play that well?

Its too bad that Newman was so injured in the 1st half of the season. Ever since he came back from injury he has been lights out. Its a shame.
Brown might have slipped a little bit, but that's to be expected with how well he was playing. He seems to have some trouble against the Giants (Plax is gone! yay! :D) and he got bailed out by Hixon dropping a wide-open TD, but other than that he's been amazing. I was also drunk during the majority of the Browns game but I think I saw Braylon get a couple catches on him. Sheldon struggles with big wideouts but other than that, he's a beast.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post

Frustrating as a Panthers fan, Gamble was a first alternate, and he's been better than Samuel. I could care less really I'm just happy that Peppers, Smith and Beason got in there. Definitely the three biggest contributors this year.

I really wish though the probowl balloting was more of a live poll so you could see if someone like Favre was getting too many votes. Besides that beginning it at week 8 is a little hard.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am in peru right now.. Been there for 10 days. Someone give me the low down on how many giants guys made it. I haven't had internet until now.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carney, Feagles, OHara, Eli, Snee and Tuck i think

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
there are a large number of posts explaining this. you might try reading them.
No one has yet to provide a sufficant agrument though, so I just keep asking.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

Mario Williams is going to his 1rst Pro-Bowl and this is going to be the first of many many more to come...

You guys just knew I had throw that in there..lol
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote