Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I'd have to disagree, Edwards has cost the Browns at least 3 early games with his drops in crucial times. They helped send Cleveland on a losing streak and stagnated their offense. As the season wore on, he lost his confidence and became a real liability to the team. I hope he recovers next year because otherwise Cleveland will be in tough with its offense.
I really don't think the average pro fan gives a hoot which college Edwards went to, he's being booed for dropping passes in crucial situations as would any player. It's ludicrous to think he's being booed because he went to Michigan. You either perform in the NFL or you get booed, that's life in pro sports.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Edwards single-handedly lost those games. All by himself
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Come on. We're dealing with Buckeye fans here. It still has some connection.

Might I suggest reading message boards?

So why again did they hate him before he played a down for the Browns? Must have been his lackluster 97 catch, 1,330 yard, 15 TD performance...
HAHAHA watch me go read a Browns message board. Thats funny.

And its Browns fans. They hate everyone at first. They are among the worst fans in the league.

But if Braylon was playing well and the team was winning, no one would have mentioned that he went to Michigan. They view Braylon as a leader of this team, and when the team starts losing and he starts performing like he is theres going to be hate.

If they hated him cause of Michigan he wouldnt sell jerseys or have ever had the fans he did. They all could forgive him for Michigan when he was playing like a Pro bowler. Now that hes back down to earth, they must hate him cause of Michigan.

Besides, he was 1-3 against the Buckeyes. Buckeyes fans should love him.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:38 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Braylons right and wrong in this situation. For starters he should have admitted that he played pretty badly this year, but he is right that he will never be fully appreciated in Cleveland if he regains last years form. Its just the way Cleveland fans are. Braylon is a pro bowl talent he showed it last year and alos in monday night games this year. In fact he still could salvage a 1,000 yards season. He would have about 10 more drops and 13 less Tds than last season but for how bad he's been its a small consolation prize. Is he booed for dropping passes? Yes, but some of it is because he went to Michigan. Browns Fans=Buckeye fans as well.

As for a trade, I doubt it happens. Phil Savage (maybe) and Crennell will be gone and whoever replaces them or him may want to keep braylon around. The fact is that he has done a ton for that community, made a scholarship fund, and had a pro bowl season last year. This is not TO or CJ that we are talking about here. It just sounds to me like a frustrated player venting on a frustrated year.

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery View Post
being a michigan fan i agree with this, it isnt a coincidence that ohio state happens to be in cleveland therefore all browns fans are also buckeye fans. i can't think of any other reason why fans would be pissed at edwards than him being from michigan, especially with how well he's played and how nice of a bentley he has...

i agree, move your charity work, cleveland doesn't deserve it. his charity provides "educational opportunities for undeserved youth" and quite frankly if fans are booing him then that's probably the youth's fault too

That would all make sense except for one little thing.

Ohio State isn't in Cleveland. Hell, its closer to Cincy than Cleveland.

You can't think of another reason to hate Braylon? How many times have you seen him running down the field wide open, only to drop a sure touchdown?

If he was playing well no one would give a damn where he went to school. Everything would be all fine in Browns world like it was last season when he had huge numbers.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:41 PM    (permalink
CroomDawgs
Veteran

CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.CroomDawgs is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
What does it say about Cleveland Management/Coaching and fans when their only 2 playmakers don't want to be there (Winslow/Edwards)
This is a very good point here. The two stars of the team are not very ahppy it says a TON toward Savage's management. To me he's more of a problem than Crennell

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
LOL props to Paul
CroomDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:51 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
That would all make sense except for one little thing.

Ohio State isn't in Cleveland. Hell, its closer to Cincy than Cleveland.

You can't think of another reason to hate Braylon? How many times have you seen him running down the field wide open, only to drop a sure touchdown?

If he was playing well no one would give a damn where he went to school. Everything would be all fine in Browns world like it was last season when he had huge numbers.
braylon resurrected their city, he has magical powers
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Put it this way...If Ted Ginn had been picked third by the Browns and was putting in the same type of season Braylon is (with all the drops and such), don't you think the fans would have a hell of a lot more patience?

Then again, we don't have to worry about that because Ted Ginn sucks.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd have to disagree, Edwards has cost the Browns at least 3 early games with his drops in crucial times. They helped send Cleveland on a losing streak and stagnated their offense. As the season wore on, he lost his confidence and became a real liability to the team. I hope he recovers next year because otherwise Cleveland will be in tough with its offense.
I really don't think the average pro fan gives a hoot which college Edwards went to, he's being booed for dropping passes in crucial situations as would any player. It's ludicrous to think he's being booed because he went to Michigan. You either perform in the NFL or you get booed, that's life in pro sports.
You realize the Browns only have 4 losses by less than 10 points all season right? I'd say the Denver loss had more to do with the Browns defense giving up 447 yards and 3 TD's to Jay Cutler, not to mention 21 4th quarter points, than any drops Braylon had so that takes you down to 3 losses right there. I don't want to here about momentum or any of that. That fact is we don't know what would have happened in most of the losses, but that facts say that the Browns have lost 7 of their 10 lost games by 10+ points. Even a dropped TD pass doesn't make up 10 points.

But if we're going to play that game, do you not think his 154 yards and a TD may have had something to do with beating the Giants? Maybe his 104 yards was a small factor in beating the Bills? That's two of their only four wins right there.

But I'll give you 3 losses as his fault(even though it's ridiculous to blame one player for a loss). That still puts them at 7-7 , out of the playoffs, and having no chance of matching their win total from last year. Yipee. Do you really think Browns fans still wouldn't be booing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Last edited by ironman4579 : 12-18-2008 at 01:32 PM.
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroomDawgs View Post
This is a very good point here. The two stars of the team are not very ahppy it says a TON toward Savage's management. To me he's more of a problem than Crennell
I think it's fairly damning evidence for both the Staff and Management. Winslow is a hardworker from what I seen... he is frustrateable but I haven't seen him quit until this season.

Then you have Edwards that is sick of the mistreatment from fans. He's earned some boo's.

He's still not at Kordell Stewart level.

that said, It seems the majority of Browns fans (non-informed ones, like the posters of this site) are such "Player Bandwagoners". They love the big signings and trades and then when a Player isn't the best in the league he's getting booed.

Braylon has had a crappy year, but there is 31 teams who's fans would love to have him.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
It's ludicrous to say one player costs you a game...

Quote:
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack27 View Post
It's ludicrous to say one player costs you a game...
Come on now, they were all Edwards fault. Losing by 18 to Dallas was all Braylon. Against the Steelers, he should have stopped Willie Parker from gaining 105 yards and stopped both INT's. Clearly, his lousy play was all the reason for losing to the Ravens by 18, and there's no way in hell he should have allowed Clinton Portis to go for 175 yards. Losing to Baltimore by 10? What was he thinking? Then to let Cutler throw for 447 and 3 TD's? Why couldn't he cover his man? Oh, he's on offense? Well that doesn't matter, what a loser!

And to make matters worse, he lost to the Texans by 10! Braylon let Andre Johnson get 116 yards, and made man child god savior Brady Quinn throw 2 INT's, plus turd boy Derek Anderson (didn't we love him last year?) throw another. Shameful!

How did he let Indy get 3 sacks, and how did he let a fumble get returned for a TD? He shouldn't have been in his route, he should have been at the goalline, waiting to stop that from happening!! And then the two worst. How he let the Titans beat him by 19 and the Eagles by 20 is beyond me. It's all his fault, he clearly should have won those games on his own!!!! However, he lost them. Boooooooooo!

Quote:

Old 12-18-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Using the Michigan line is a simple excuse to try and swing things on others because of his bad performance. I could be wrong, but that is how it seems, as that is what sports are like. You produce, you are a hero, it doesn't matter who you are. You lose, and you are going to get attacked. Throw in the fact that he has been playing poor this season, and he is a primary target, it doesn't matter wher eyou play college, that is a copout excuse.

The fact that he was boo'd in his first game is probably more directly related to him holding out, and the fact that Cleveland fans aren't exactly the 'best' (for lack of a better word) fans. I would believe that only a small portion boo'd simply because he was a Wolverine. You help a team win, and you are loved. He held out, cost the team, so he was frowned upon. I don't agree in any part with people getting insulted in person when with family, having family members insulted, or having houses egg'd, etc. That is all on the fans and gives direct reason for Braylon to not want to be involved in that city. I don't put that on the back burner.

IMO Savage is perfect for that city, as he is a arrogant and selfish piece, and he seems to fit with the fan base (beer bottle tossing, etc.). Although Braylon has been a poor player this season, it isn't just him that has been insulted, just look at Anderson getting cheered as he left with a severe injury.

I oppose Drew Carey, instead believing that Cleveland does NOT rock!

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
captainjack27
Veteran

captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.captainjack27 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Come on now, they were all Edwards fault. Losing by 18 to Dallas was all Braylon. Against the Steelers, he should have stopped Willie Parker from gaining 105 yards and stopped both INT's. Clearly, his lousy play was all the reason for losing to the Ravens by 18, and there's no way in hell he should have allowed Clinton Portis to go for 175 yards. Losing to Baltimore by 10? What was he thinking? Then to let Cutler throw for 447 and 3 TD's? Why couldn't he cover his man? Oh, he's on offense? Well that doesn't matter, what a loser!

And to make matters worse, he lost to the Texans by 10! Braylon let Andre Johnson get 116 yards, and made man child god savior Brady Quinn throw 2 INT's, plus turd boy Derek Anderson (didn't we love him last year?) throw another. Shameful!

How did he let Indy get 3 sacks, and how did he let a fumble get returned for a TD? He shouldn't have been in his route, he should have been at the goalline, waiting to stop that from happening!! And then the two worst. How he let the Titans beat him by 19 and the Eagles by 20 is beyond me. It's all his fault, he clearly should have won those games on his own!!!! However, he lost them. Boooooooooo!
You're right, how could I be soooo wrong!?!?!?

Quote:
LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!
captainjack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack27 View Post
You're right, how could I be soooo wrong!?!?!?
Haha Braylon Edwards has become Clevelands version of Anthony Smith.

Old 12-18-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you guys are missing the point here... the point braylon is trying to get across is that you shouldn't give charity to underprivileged youth in certain places because there are some assholes that live there also and i happen to think he's made a great decision moving it exclusively to detroit
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
You don't throw eggs at someone's house and harass his family because he drops passes.

I agree that this is probably just a stunt to get out of Cleveland, but part of the reason he likely wants out of Cleveland is because many of their fans are stupid assholes. It was the same thing with C.C. Sabathia too.
C.C loved playing here and loved the fans, he even wrote a letter in the plain dealer saying how he would miss playing here and loved it while he was here.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow, you legitimately tried to make a claim that the rivalries between PSU and OSU, ND and OSU, Wisconsin and OSU etc... are all the same as Michigan-OSU. That's rich.
I said big 10 foes IIRC. I can see how rivalry and same conference foes are exactly the same thing. It doesn't matter, Penn St is better than Michigan and beat OSU which means we must hate them more. Michigan/OSU hasn't been a good rivalry and over half a decade. Michigan is just to bad, that's why no one cares if our players are from there. Hell, I wanted Mike Hart in last years draft [although we didn't have any picks].

Quote:
Perhaps, but did anyone egg Everett's or Shea's house or boo before their first games?
Reggie Miller had his house burnt down, those ******* Indy fans, boooooooo!

Quote:
I go to OSU, and all the Browns fans that I know there LOVED Braylon before the season started. Most of them claimed him as a top 5 reciever. He starts drpping passes and the team starts losing and all of the sudden he needs cut or traded.

I'm a Steelers fan, I don't hate Woodley or Foote because they went to Michigan. I don't like Holmes any more because he went to Ohio State. I don't care what they did in college, if theyre productive as a Steeler Im a fan.

I know alot of Browns fans that are obviously huge Buckeyes fans. They hate Braylon because he is having a horrible year and the team is losing, not because of Michigan. If he comes back next year and has a good year and the team wins some games, he'll have his fans back.
Cleveland fans loved Braylon tools, what he CAN bring to the table. They disliked him for the drops [maybe they put more of the bad season on his shoulders than necessary, but that's what you get with the THIRD OVERALL PICK, claiming you want to be the next big WR, and lead the league in drops] and for being in idiot in his press conference.

Quote:
Ohio State fans are a different breed...
I don't recall any OSU fan stating/wishing we had Gonzo or Ginn over Edwards. Edwards could be a great player. It's Michigan fans who think we hold a grudge for pounding you year in and out, getting Pyror over Michigan. Yeah, I certainly see how we are so bitter towards Michigan. You'll most likely reply "booed before his first game" as that's all you've said in this entire thread and I feel he got booed because of the holdout more than anything. That's how Cleveland is. Cleveland is a blue collar town, they are attached to there teams and feel like they help pay for the players salary within their season tickets and for a guy who hasn't proved anything holding out... Quinn had plenty of remarks during his holdout as well.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
If their college was the issue, the Steeler fans would hate Santonio Holmes, Ryan Mundy, Larry Foote, LaMarr Woodley ...

We only have 2 guys from "Local Schools" (Pitt/PSU) and they both suck. Well McHugh is a decent FB..
We're talking about Buckeye fans here. Completely different breed.
Here's some geography for you:

Columbus [home of OSU] is near the center of Ohio.
Cleveland is in eastern Ohio.
Pittsburgh is in western PA.
Cleveland and Pittsburgh are also very close, the players don't even have to fly when they play =o

So it works out that Cleveland has fans the spread into PA and Pittsburgh has fans that spread into Ohio. So that means that a lot of Steelers fans are OSU fans as well [which is what I believe Mr. Stiller was implying]. As you can see, theres so much hatred for Woodly [WHO I EVEN STATED I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE] and Holmes, etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery View Post
being a michigan fan i agree with this, it isnt a coincidence that ohio state happens to be in cleveland therefore all browns fans are also buckeye fans. i can't think of any other reason why fans would be pissed at edwards than him being from michigan, especially with how well he's played and how nice of a bentley he has...

i agree, move your charity work, cleveland doesn't deserve it. his charity provides "educational opportunities for undeserved youth" and quite frankly if fans are booing him then that's probably the youth's fault too
I actually think this was the best post in the entire thread. No lie.

Quote:
And its Browns fans. They hate everyone at first. They are among the worst fans in the league.
I wouldn't say we are the worst fans, I wouldn't say that at all. We might be huge assholes, mostly drunks [losing does that to you], inappropriate, but we're loyal and we sellout almost every game in every sport in our city. IIRC the tribe has/had the longest streak of consecutive games sold out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
C.C loved playing here and loved the fans, he even wrote a letter in the plain dealer saying how he would miss playing here and loved it while he was here.
I agree, C.C. wanting out was purely money and it's verified as he went to the Yankees [he may have also wanted a ring in which the Yanks still make sense]. I thought he might go Giants or A's and be near his home town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Thanks for the neg rep by the way. I'm sure you threw some to BF_51 for saying many of your fans are stupid assholes as well.
Why would I neg him, he's right. Cleveland fans are assholes. Plus BF51 likes the tribe, use to live in Ohio, and if you haven't noticed, he's a bit of an asshole as well; I don't think he'd disagree.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Last edited by j05son : 12-18-2008 at 04:35 PM.
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post

Why would I neg him, he's right. Cleveland fans are assholes. Plus BF51 likes the tribe, use to live in Ohio, and if you haven't noticed, he's a bit of an asshole as well; I don't think he'd disagree.
Well, you probably have a point there ;)

Quote:

Old 12-18-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post
So it works out that Cleveland has fans the spread into PA and Pittsburgh has fans that spread into Ohio. So that means that a lot of Steelers fans are OSU fans as well [which is what I believe Mr. Stiller was implying]. As you can see, theres so much hatred for Woodly [WHO I EVEN STATED I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE] and Holmes, etc etc.
I wasn't implying anything other than Pro Fans don't hate players because of where they go to School.... regardless if it's a big foe.

We hate them because they suck.

no one was upset that Kordell Stewart was from Colorado, we hated him because he sucked.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Braylon is a good old fashioned headcase. His drops are in his mind, too. He is a grade A specimen, and was probably the best offensive prospect of 2005 (duuuuhhhhhh police are at the door to arrest me now). Wake up Braylon you don't have magical resurrecting powers, it's spelled T-E-A-M look it up.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I met Braylon and he was a very nice guy. Stayed and signed autographs for everyone for 3 hours. Took pictures with them too. Also does a lot of charity work and gives Browns fans some hope since they havent had a solid reciever since when? Egging someones house and saying stuff to their family is taking it too far. Hell, if someone on the Steelers dropped a game winning Super Bowl pass, I would'nt go egg their houses because they're only human and make mistakes.

If the Steelers had a need at reciever, you damn well know I would be interested in getting him here.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:58 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bring him to the ravens we really need a WR i would love that
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

either way go browns fans push your best WR out of Cleveland and make things even more easier for the ravens
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell if you need draft picks, the Titans can give you a first and a second and I would be a happy man, just like OzTitan said

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Edwards single-handedly lost those games. All by himself
When your top offensive star goes south for the season and starts looking like he has completely lost his confidence, yes, he can single handed cause a lot of losses. You only get so many chances in a game to be an impact player like he was last year and he just hasn't performed up to snuff. He simply cannot be counted on when the team has needed him to perform this season and that is why the fans are booing him.
Maybe you haven't noticed that LT appears to have lost some confidence even more so than his injury and if you don't think that has hurt San Diego in a lot of close games, just look at their record.
It happens.