Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 12-20-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Vikings Mock Draft Thread

1. Eben Britton OT Arizona:
If I'm stuck watching another year of Ryan Cook getting called for dumb penalty after dumb penalty, I will personally fly down to Minnesota and castrate everyone in the Vikings organization. I don't care if you're the owner, head coach, middle management, or a part time concession stand worker who works that job just because they enjoy being surrounded by the musk of beer, vomit, urine, and nacho cheese. Britton can come in and help fill the void on the right side of the line. Hell, Stevie Wonder could go offsides less than Ryan Cook on any given Sunday.

2. Trevard Lindley CB Kentucky:
This may be somewhat of a biased selection because I'm a Kentucky fan but I've watched enough games to see that he really has the potential to be a big time corner. Not only does he have the ability to make huge plays, but he can shut down a teams #1 receiver as well. He doesn't get as much hype as some other guys because Kentucky has been horrid as of late, but he has first round potential. He can step in and be our #2 corner right away and put Cedric Griffin at our #3 where he would be a much better fit anyways.

3. Fili Moala DT USC:
Pat Williams is getting up there in age and his career will likely be coming to an end in the upcoming years, so we will need to groom a replacement for him in the meantime. So why not obtain one of those notorious Hawaiian USC players to stuff up the middle for us. He would be good value for this pick.

4. Jordan Shipley WR Texas
I am completely reluctant of having the Vikings draft any more project receivers after the whole Troy Williamson fiasco. So I like the fact that you know what you're getting with Jordan Shipley. He's a very good slot receiver who's quick and has great hands. He'll be a great compliment to to Berrian and Sidney Rice and could be an option in the return game.

5. Chase Daniel QB Missouri
I feel like if we are going to address the QB position, I'd rather have it be done through free agency or trade so that we have someone with some NFL experience, because we need somebody who is proven and could possibly lead us to a Super Bowl. Daniel is a good late round QB who is only dropping down this far due to his inferior size. He has all of the production you look from in a college quarterback and would be an ideal pick at this point in the draft.

6. Dicky Lyons Jr. WR Kentucky
OK, so Lyons is another Kentucky player but getting him this late would be steal. Lyons suffered a pretty serious knee injury partway through this season, which is the only reason he will stick around to the later part of the draft. He doesn't have remarkable timed speed, but he's extremely quick, has great hands, and runs very nice patterns. He's also a great team player and like Shipley, could even contribute to the return game as well.

7. Devin Moore RB/KR Wyoming
Considering we have absolutely no need to draft a runningback in next years draft, this is strictly just to improve upon our return game. We haven't had a legitimate home run threat returning kickoffs since Koren Robinson, and ever since then it has been extremely lackluster. Between watching Troy Williamson and Maurice Hicks return kicks, among countless others, I've been shocked and appalled by our inability to even get it to the 25 yard line on a consistent basis. This would be a step in the positive direction towards improving what I think is the most god awful special teams unit in the history of mankind.

BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like most of the mock, although i would rather see us go for a te instead of that kentucky wr. jimmy k is getting long in the tooth, and while shiancoe is having a decent year, i'm still not sure about him yet.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russie View Post
i like most of the mock, although i would rather see us go for a te instead of that kentucky wr. jimmy k is getting long in the tooth, and while shiancoe is having a decent year, i'm still not sure about him yet.
I just feel that we have too much money invested in Shiancoe to spend a high pick on a tight end and the value at the bottom of the draft for a tight end is fairly minimal.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 3 round mock

1) P. Harvin w.r./r.b. florida
explosive all around offensive weapon...would be dynamic in the slot with the potential to be a very good #2 down the road...can line up at r.b. 4-8 times per game or so and give you guys a nice change of pace/ 3rd and long back...runs the ever popular wildcat extremely well and can be an elite return guy.

2) D.J. Moore c.b. vandy
atheletic playmaker with tremendous ball skills and hands is an excellent compliment to winfield...dynamic return guy and can even line up at w.r. to give you a lil help there....great value here.

3) F. Tupuo r.t. oregon
physical r.t. will try and get the right side as formidable as the left side...if thats possible....fills a need at great value.

complete mock here
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...=1#post1533596

thoughts?
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harvin? Really?

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Tobzilla
Pro Bowler

Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Tobzilla hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
Harvin? Really?
Drafting Harvin makes no sense to me. We could really use a Tackle or C more than a WR. We could draft a great T where we're at because the crop is deep this year.

PM me for sig requests
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Connery View Post
Suck it Trebek!
Tobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, other than Harvin would be a great returner, but you don't use a first round pick just for a returner. I do like the 2nd and 3rd round picks a lot though.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
I agree, other than Harvin would be a great returner, but you don't use a first round pick just for a returner. I do like the 2nd and 3rd round picks a lot though.
I wouldn't say Harvin is just a returner. Some draft gurus have been raving about his pro day. I don't know why a lot of people seem to hate on him but he could be a very explosive weapon for a number of years. Percy and AD would be a nightmare to game plan for.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:04 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
I wouldn't say Harvin is just a returner. Some draft gurus have been raving about his pro day. I don't know why a lot of people seem to hate on him but he could be a very explosive weapon for a number of years. Percy and AD would be a nightmare to game plan for.
Everyone assumes that he can be a great return man but why? There is no proven tape on it. He never returned a kick in College. He has a bad character and didnt play in a pro style offense so it will take him a while to learn a system. I personally don't like Harvin. He is not what we need in a Wide Receiver.

If we go Wide out I hope its Nicks or Robiskie(not in the 1st though).

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:05 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Everyone assumes that he can be a great return man but why? There is no proven tape on it. He never returned a kick in College. He has a bad character and didnt play in a pro style offense so it will take him a while to learn a system. I personally don't like Harvin. He is not what we need in a Wide Receiver.

If we go Wide out I hope its Nicks or Robiskie(not in the 1st though).
I totally agree. I stated the same thing in the draft thread. Crabtree and Maclin are the only WRs I feel are first rounders. Not a fan of Harvin or DHB at all.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only way that harvin can get involved in the offense imo is on screens, reverses, deep passes, etc. I don't think he will be a traditional receiver who can be a #1, at best I see him as a Devin Hester type, a guy who can take some screens to the house, but isn't going to be a #1 threat.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is my Vikings Mock Draft:

1. Michael Oher - OT Ole Miss

2. Brian Robiskie - WR Ohio State

3. Victor "Macho" Harris - CB Virginia Tech

5. Chris Baker - DT Hampton(Former PSU Transfer)

7a. Tony Fiammetta - FB Syracuse

7b. Mike Wallace - WR/KR Ole Miss

Old 04-04-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love those picks. Not sure if Oher will be there though...
Old 04-04-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
I'd love those picks. Not sure if Oher will be there though...
Yeah thats the only thing, There is a way for him to fall us like the Redskins, Chargers, Eagles, and Lions passing on him. Which is all a possibility because they also have different needs.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

I love those 2nd and 3rd round picks though. I really like Macho in our system. He's a very confident player that will really fit in at the next level. He could also boost the return game if needed. The WR's are a weird spot this year because some people have Robiskie gone by the time we pick in round 2. I know its impossible but I'd love if somehow we could go Oher, Nicks, Macho. I guess that would be just perfect.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

If that Vikings draft would happen, I'd probably **** myself, about the only thing that we don't get is some depth at S and LB. Oher would be amazing, Robiskie is pretty good, Macho is an excellent fit in our system and is a good value, but could very well be there. I love Baker, but am pretty sure he will go in the 3rd or 4th. Fiammetta would be good since Tahi is terrible, and Wallace is an excellent KR, but will likely be gone by then.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-06-2009, 08:55 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My mock involves us trading down the first pick a few spots and grabbing a 3rd or early 4th round pick.

Late 1/Early 2(Traded down)
Alphonso Smith CB Wake Forest

2nd
Phil Loadholt OT Oklahoma

3rd
Juaquin Iglesias WR Oklahoma

3rd/4th(from trade)
Chase Coffman TE Missouri

5th
Terrance Taylor DT Michigan

7th
Brooks Foster WR UNC

7th
Brannan Southerland FB Georgia

Old 04-08-2009, 07:03 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
My mock involves us trading down the first pick a few spots and grabbing a 3rd or early 4th round pick.

Late 1/Early 2(Traded down)
Alphonso Smith CB Wake Forest

2nd
Phil Loadholt OT Oklahoma

3rd
Juaquin Iglesias WR Oklahoma

3rd/4th(from trade)
Chase Coffman TE Missouri

5th
Terrance Taylor DT Michigan

7th
Brooks Foster WR UNC

7th
Brannan Southerland FB Georgia

No comments eh?

Does it suck that bad? lol

Old 04-08-2009, 09:16 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

It looks pretty good, I love Smith, Loadholt would be an excellent fit for us. I am not a fan of Iglesias though. I just see his best case scenario as a slot receiver, and there'll be guys available there that have more upside. Coffman is good as is Taylor. Foster is a good value and can be a returner and ST, and Southerland would be an upgrade over Tahi.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-08-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
BGB
Rookie

BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
This is my Vikings Mock Draft:

1. Michael Oher - OT Ole Miss

2. Brian Robiskie - WR Ohio State

3. Victor "Macho" Harris - CB Virginia Tech

I would chit my pants if we landed the 1st 3
BGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGB View Post
I would chit my pants if we landed the 1st 3
Meh don't count on it as I highly doubt either Oher or Robiskie are available with those picks.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Meh don't count on it as I highly doubt either Oher or Robiskie are available with those picks.
Yeah, Ive been working on a 1st round draft and I had a way for Oher to fall but lately I just cant see it happening. After seeing Childress talk to Fran Charles of the NFLN at the USC Pro day I feel that we will be going a WR in the 1st round even though Childress wont do 1st round QB's. Right Now my gut is saying Kenny Britt.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Id rather have nix then Britt right now both are good and personally Im guessing he stays safe with rt. His job is on the line
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:11 AM    (permalink
herry

Trotsky held the ketchup bottle in his hand and dispensed some of the thick sticky red paste into the bend of his plate, before picking a fire, dipping it in the tamato ketchup and plucking it into his mouth, while saying:
Old 03-12-2010, 10:15 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why a spammer chose this thread to open up, but it was funny to see all of the percy hate prior to the draft.

and yes, I was also on the anti-percy bandwagon... until i saw how awesome he was!! :)
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote