Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 03-25-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
I don't know why a spammer chose this thread to open up, but it was funny to see all of the percy hate prior to the draft.

and yes, I was also on the anti-percy bandwagon... until i saw how awesome he was!! :)
Haha yea pretty much all of use were on that bandwagon. Hopefully he will continue to make us look bad for many more years... Anyways I was bored and thought I would get this thread started again with my 7 round Vikings mock.

1st.Dan Williams DT 6'2 327 lbs Tenneessee

2nd.Brandon Ghee CB 6'0 192 lbs Wake Forest

3rd.Montario Hardesty RB 6'0 225 lbs Tennessee

4th.Myron Rolle S 6'2 215 lbs Florida State

5th.Ramon Harewood 6'6 345 OG Morehouse

Vikings seem to be very interested in Harewood considering Rick Spielman himself was present at his pro-day.

5th.Adam Ulatoski OT 6'5 300 lbs Texas

6th.Sean Canfield QB 6'4 223 lbs Oregon St.

7th.Simoni Lawrence LB 6'0 232 lbs Minnesota

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 03-25-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.

If our first three picks ended up being Dan Williams, Brandon Ghee, and Montario Hardesty I'd cry from joy. It really doesn't matter what we do after that, although I do like Ulatoski as a project tackle.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to have Dan Williams at 30 but I'm starting to wonder if he will be there to draft. I'm really expecting the Vikings to draft McCourtey.. We were liking him back in the Combine according to reports and not only he good DB prospect but in College he was a hell of a special teams player so he has versatility which it seems like Childress loves.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
I would love to have Dan Williams at 30 but I'm starting to wonder if he will be there to draft. I'm really expecting the Vikings to draft McCourtey.. We were liking him back in the Combine according to reports and not only he good DB prospect but in College he was a hell of a special teams player so he has versatility which it seems like Childress loves.
I think there is a pretty decent chance Dan Williams will be available for the Vikings. I think he is going to be a 20's pick but there really isn't too many teams in that range that need DW greatly. The only one I would be worried about is the Chargers, but if Ryan Matthews is on the board I see them going with him over williams. Other than that the only thing that would worry me would be a 3-4 team trading up from the early 2nd to get Dan Williams.

I agree on Devin McCourty as the process goes on, he seems to definatly be one of the strong favorites to be the Vikings #1 pick.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Duke

Round one: Pouncey
Round two: Asante
Old 04-11-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Made a new Vikings mock today...

1.Devin McCourty CB 5'11 193 lbs Rutgers

2.Morgan Burnett S 6'1 209 lbs Georgia Tech

3.Mike Johnson OG 6'5 312 lbs Alabama

4.Rennie Curran WOLB 5'11 235 lbs Georgia

5.Ramon Harewood OL 6'6 345 lbs Morehouse

Austen Lane DE 6'6 276 lbs Murray State

6.Blair White WR 6'2 209 lbs Michigan State

7.Rusty Smith QB 6'5 224 lbs Florida Atlantic

Old 04-11-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.

That would be a solid if unspectacular draft. We bolster our secondary, add a potential upgrade at guard and get a guy whom I really feel will be effective in the NFL in Curran. Quality mock all-around.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:01 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
Made a new Vikings mock today...

1.Devin McCourty CB 5'11 193 lbs Rutgers

2.Morgan Burnett S 6'1 209 lbs Georgia Tech

3.Mike Johnson OG 6'5 312 lbs Alabama

4.Rennie Curran WOLB 5'11 235 lbs Georgia

5.Ramon Harewood OL 6'6 345 lbs Morehouse

Austen Lane DE 6'6 276 lbs Murray State

6.Blair White WR 6'2 209 lbs Michigan State

7.Rusty Smith QB 6'5 224 lbs Florida Atlantic

Overall, I'd be very happy with that. There are a few things I'd like to see changed though. I like the attention to the secondary early and am a fan of both players. I'm a big fan of Johnson, and I think Curran could do real well in our system. I don't know anything about Harewood, but he looks like a big boy who appears to be athletic and versatile, and we can always use depth on the o-line. I like Austen Lane and would be fine with that pick even though DE isn't really a need. I don't see a need for WR though, but I guess it's the 6th round and maybe he could help out on STs. I'd be fine with Smith, but I'd like to see us address QB earlier than that.

I definitely think we could use a NT in this draft and would like to see one in there somewhere, definitely over Blair White, but I think we'd be fine with who we have if we were to not draft one in this draft.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Overall, I'd be very happy with that. There are a few things I'd like to see changed though. I like the attention to the secondary early and am a fan of both players. I'm a big fan of Johnson, and I think Curran could do real well in our system. I don't know anything about Harewood, but he looks like a big boy who appears to be athletic and versatile, and we can always use depth on the o-line. I like Austen Lane and would be fine with that pick even though DE isn't really a need. I don't see a need for WR though, but I guess it's the 6th round and maybe he could help out on STs. I'd be fine with Smith, but I'd like to see us address QB earlier than that.

I definitely think we could use a NT in this draft and would like to see one in there somewhere, definitely over Blair White, but I think we'd be fine with who we have if we were to not draft one in this draft.
Harewood is a lesser known small school prospect. Big guy and from the small bit I have read is surprisingly athletic for his size(he also plays Rugby) and has some potential for LT in the NFL. The reason I like him to the Vikings so much is simply that Rick Spielman himself decided to go to this guy's pro day.

DE isn't really a need now but I don't see both Robison and Ray Edwards being with the team long term so there will be an opening at #2 spot. So I can see them taking one with a late round pick this year to come in and compete with Jayme Mitchell for the #5 spot on the team this year. Eventually next season he could end up being the LDE backup.

As for WR with Darius Reynaud moving to RB that leaves the #5 slot open. Jaymar Johnson has good reviews but bring a guy in to compete with him wouldn't be a bad idea.

As for NT we need a future starter not depth if we don't get one in the first 2 rounds I personally don't think they need to make sure they get one.

Similar deal with QB if you don't get one in the first round no need to address it earlier than the late rounds. As there is about a 3% chance of grabing a guy that will amount to anything more than a Solid backup.

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 04-11-2010 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:28 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll throw up my mock draft here in a couple days. I just get the feeling that our first pick is going to be something of a surprise. Hopefully not like a Tebow surprise. lol

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
I'll throw up my mock draft here in a couple days. I just get the feeling that our first pick is going to be something of a surprise. Hopefully not like a Tebow surprise. lol
I sort of agree as well. I don't think the pick will be shocking surprise but the Vikings have always gone BPA in the past couple years. We had bigger needs than Adrian and Percy. But I expect Devin McCourty or Dan Williams but you can never be sure. There aren't a lot of players that will make me go wtf on draft day if we draft them. Pretty much the only one is Tebow. If we take him in the 2nd I'd be sort of meh about it. I wouldn't be happy but I wouldn't be going crazy about it.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My ideal Vikes mock:

1. Jimmy Clausen, QB
2. Chris Cook, CB
3. Jon Asamoah, OG
4. Linval Joseph, NT
5. Robert Johnson, S

That would make me cream.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
My ideal Vikes mock:

1. Jimmy Clausen, QB
2. Chris Cook, CB
3. Jon Asamoah, OG
4. Linval Joseph, NT
5. Robert Johnson, S

That would make me cream.
That would be absolutely perfect, but sadly unrealistic. :(

I'm in the process of creating a mock and then I will use the Vikings picks I get through in my mock(probably 2 or maybe 3 rounds) and then expand it to get 7 rounds of Vikings picks.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:14 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, here we go...Good or bad, I'd love to hear some comments.

1. Devin McCourty CB Rutgers

2. Rodger Saffold OL Indiana

3. Arthur Jones DT Syracuse

4. Akwasi Owusu-Ansah CB Indiana (PA)

5. A.J. Edds LB Iowa

6. James Starks RB Buffalo

7. Michael Hoomanawanui TE Illinois

Old 04-14-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

That would be a very good draft, but I'm doubting Saffold will be there at the end of Round 2 and Jones would be there at the end of Round 3.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

I'll also add that I really like Edds in the 5th and Starks in the 6th. Starks has more raw talent than Young/Johnson IMO and could make a push for the backup job his rookie year. I think that would be great value - assuming his health checks out.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

We add a lot of talent there, and I don't think several of those players will be there then, and while I'd like that mock, I wouldn't love it. McCourty's a great pick, same goes for Saffold(although I don't think he'll be there), Jones is ok, I see him more of as an UT or 5 tech, but he'd be ok(but again I don't think he'll be there), interesting pick with AOA after going with McCourty, he's capable of playing S, but I'd rather have a true S(again don't think he'll be there), Edds would be a great pick in the 5th(but again I don't think he'll be there), we also have a comp 5th, and then Starks would be a good pick, not sure we'll go RB, as the team seems pretty happy with what we have, but I'd like it as I like Starks(again, I'm thinking he'll probably be gone), and Hoomanwanui would be a good pick as a blocking TE(but I think he'll be gone).

I know my value probably isn't gonna be right for how they all go, but I've got McCourty as late 1st-early 2nd, Saffold as early-mid 2nd, Jones as mid 3rd, AOA as late 3rd-early 4th, Edds as a 4th, Starks as a early 4th-late 5th, and then Hoomanawanui as a 5th-6th.

I'd like to see us go NT, and a true S in there somewhere, as well as possibly QB. Like I said, we also have a comp 5th, so you missed 1 pick.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-14-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry Zod, we got no shot at that one, even though I would love it.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
We add a lot of talent there, and I don't think several of those players will be there then, and while I'd like that mock, I wouldn't love it. McCourty's a great pick, same goes for Saffold(although I don't think he'll be there), Jones is ok, I see him more of as an UT or 5 tech, but he'd be ok(but again I don't think he'll be there), interesting pick with AOA after going with McCourty, he's capable of playing S, but I'd rather have a true S(again don't think he'll be there), Edds would be a great pick in the 5th(but again I don't think he'll be there), we also have a comp 5th, and then Starks would be a good pick, not sure we'll go RB, as the team seems pretty happy with what we have, but I'd like it as I like Starks(again, I'm thinking he'll probably be gone), and Hoomanwanui would be a good pick as a blocking TE(but I think he'll be gone).

I know my value probably isn't gonna be right for how they all go, but I've got McCourty as late 1st-early 2nd, Saffold as early-mid 2nd, Jones as mid 3rd, AOA as late 3rd-early 4th, Edds as a 4th, Starks as a early 4th-late 5th, and then Hoomanawanui as a 5th-6th.

I'd like to see us go NT, and a true S in there somewhere, as well as possibly QB. Like I said, we also have a comp 5th, so you missed 1 pick.
Yeah I forgot about our comp. pick.

So what your saying is more that the picks wont be there vs them being bad picks?
I thought my Rodger Saffold pick was a bit of a homer pick, you really think he wont be there for us in the 2nd?

Thanks for the comments btw.

Last edited by General Zod : 04-14-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Yeah I forgot about our comp. pick.

So what your saying is more that the picks wont be there vs them being bad picks?
I thought my Rodger Saffold pick was a bit of a homer pick, you really think he wont be there for us in the 2nd?

Thanks for the comments btw.
I think Saffold will go in the early to mid 2nd with an outside chance of going 31 to the Colts. I like most of those picks, it's just I don't think they'll be there. A couple of the picks I'm not a fan of, mostly the Arthur Jones one, although I do like him, just not really for us. A couple of the other ones are just where I'd rather fill another position, such as over RB and TE, but with that value you'd really have to think.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-17-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Here is my go round at a Vikings mock, it's nothing special, but very solid, filling needs in the present with an eye on the future. I know quite a few of you won't like some picks, but I know a lot of people weren't happy last year when we took Harvin over Oher, but that turned out quite well, especially after getting Loadholt in the 2nd.

1.30: Colt McCoy QB Texas(this is one I know a lot people won't like)

2.62: Chris Cook DB Virginia

3.94: Mike Johnson OG Alabama

4.128: Greg Hardy DE Ole Miss

5.161: Robert Johnson S Utah

5.167(comp pick): Roddrick Muckelroy OLB Texas

6.199: John Conner FB Kentucky

7.237: Antonio Brown WR Central Michigan

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-17-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be honest, I'd rather have Tebow than McCoy. And I'd want neither in the 1st round. Rest of your mock I like Marshall, especially Brown in the 7th and Johnson in the 3rd.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
To be honest, I'd rather have Tebow than McCoy. And I'd want neither in the 1st round. Rest of your mock I like Marshall, especially Brown in the 7th and Johnson in the 3rd.
I'll have to disagree, I think Colt McCoy is a legitimate early 2nd round pick, and we're picking in the real late first, so that's not a big reach, especially for QB. I don't see much of a reason why Colt McCoy can't succeed in the NFL, especially for us, he's perfect for the West Coast and we would have great weapons around him. The knocks on him are: size, arm strength, and system. The size might be a slight hinderance with our giant tackles, but he is 6'1 1/2", which isn't huge, but has been tall enough for how many other QBs, other than that I don't see why he can't succeed, the weak arm isn't a big problem in the West Coast as it's mostly a horizontal passing game, with a few downfield throws, but his great accuracy will be perfect for the short-intermediate throws. The system shouldn't be a big problem, because we wouldn't be forcing him out there right away with Brett possibly coming back and if not T-Jack and/or Sage should be good enough this year to hold down the fort.

I see no reason to rather have Tebow, especially for us, but I guess that is a matter of opinion. I knew that the Colt McCoy pick would get very little love, but it's a pick I can see happening, especially with the depth at CB, and one that I would like.

The Antonio Brown pick was one that I had a bit of a question in making with: would he go earlier, and I think there's a decent chance he could go before that, but there is also so much solid depth at WR this year that I can see him falling. One of my favorite picks was the Hardy one, for some reason I just love him, I don't know why, but he's just a beast on the field and while he has injury concerns as well as character concerns, I think his talent outweighs the risk in the 4th round. I also think that we have a strong enough locker room that his charater concerns can be limited and muted. I don't think DE is a big need for us, this year I think it's almost a non need, but we do have to look ahead, especially with Edwards not sounding too happy about being a RFA and not getting a long term deal.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-17-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

If you check out my mock in the mock draft forum, then you'll see the biggest reason why Colt McCoy was my pick there.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-17-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Obviously there is a chance they go QB in rd 1 but I don't think it is a very high probablity unless Clausen falls. I think they look for a player that can help to make a superbowl push this year. I disagree Colt is a legit early 2nd round pick, he is a mid - late 2nd round prospect that will get pushed up the board due to positional value/teams in desperate need of a QB. I don't see the Vikings as one of those desperate teams. If there is a QB whos value is too good not to take(Clausen) they take him but I don't think they look to take a QB.