Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 12-21-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How would you rate me on the Recruiting Trail?

I am currently finished with my Junior year and have made a Highlight video, now I play for the top division in the state of Ohio, but we only went 3-7 this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Mzu-Ez6U0

Please watch and let me know what you think.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

how fast is your 40?
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
iBoldin
Veteran

iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You recognize plays very well, and you look very comfortable defending the option and/or play action. In coverage you look a little shaky, and sometimes unaware. For the most part, you looked very good, keep up the good work. How fast are you?
iBoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:59 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

22 solo tackles + 26 assists = 35 total?

It really looks like even as a LB that you are not a huge fan of contact. I say this because it really highlighted for me at about the 2:05 mark. A lineman was getting to the 2nd level to block you and you were in pursuit. Right as that lineman was about to make contact you froze instead of playing thru and taking on the block.

At the 1:15 mark you had a chance to explode on a tackle, but again hesitated right before contact. Instead of delivering the punishment, you hesitated to let it come to you.

At about the 1:56 mark when #64 pulled, he did not pick you up at all. Instead he went outside, then came back to pick you up as you stood in the hole you filled. You really should have either exploded through that hole and the RB gets stopped for a 2-3 yard loss fairly easy.

And given your size, lack of speed and no real video of your coverage abilities, I don't even know how I would judge you as a potential safety either.

Basically, do not be afraid to let your instincts take over. The coach may get on you a bit, but in the instances I highlighted, if you had been more aggressive, it would highlight you a bit more in your tape.

Also, get your coach to help you out a bit if you really want to work on a tape. He will know more about what he needs to show college coaches to get you the looks you need.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:12 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some nice plays in there, but I do see some complacency and instances where you should meet the RB in the hole harder... I do like how you are good at moving down the line versus the run and there were definitely some nice form tackles in there. You just need to play faster and more aggressively. Probably get into the weight room and put on some pounds as well.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly? You look like an undersized kicker who for some reason has to try to tackle somebody because of a botched kick.

Advice: Grow 2 inches, gain 40 pounds of muscle while getting a little quicker and you might be able to walk on at Tulsa.

Good luck.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Honestly? You look like an undersized kicker who for some reason has to try to tackle somebody because of a botched kick.

Advice: Grow 2 inches, gain 40 pounds of muscle while getting a little quicker and you might be able to walk on at Tulsa.

Good luck.
You're a pleasant human being.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
You're a pleasant human being.

Did you watch the video?
Old 12-21-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did you watch the video?
Yea. And crazily enough, I didn't feel the impulse to insult the guy.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Yea. And crazily enough, I didn't feel the impulse to insult the guy.
How did I insult him? He asked for an opinion, I gave mine. Should I lie and tell him he has perfect size for a LB and yea the colleges are going to be all over you!

Come on...
Old 12-21-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Quote:
How did I insult him? He asked for an opinion, I gave mine. Should I lie and tell him he has perfect size for a LB and yea the colleges are going to be all over you!

Come on...
Just don't say anything. You're not helping anyone by being insulting him.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
how fast is your 40?
Been a little since I ran a 40 like last summer. Was around 4.87 or so but I have gotten a lot faster

Old 12-21-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoldin View Post
You recognize plays very well, and you look very comfortable defending the option and/or play action. In coverage you look a little shaky, and sometimes unaware. For the most part, you looked very good, keep up the good work. How fast are you?
Thanks, and i ran a 4.87 or so last summer.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Just don't say anything. You're not helping anyone by being insulting him.
Oh come on bro, seriously?? So football players ASKING for opinions should only receive positive and happy feedback??

I'm sure he can take it; you get a lot worse on a daily basis from coaches and other players when you play organized football.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

Quote:
Oh come on bro, seriously?? So football players ASKING for opinions should only receive positive and happy feedback??

I'm sure he can take it; you get a lot worse on a daily basis from coaches and other players when you play organized football.
You can give negative feedback without resorting to insults. In fact it would be fairly easy.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillie26 View Post
22 solo tackles + 26 assists = 35 total?

It really looks like even as a LB that you are not a huge fan of contact. I say this because it really highlighted for me at about the 2:05 mark. A lineman was getting to the 2nd level to block you and you were in pursuit. Right as that lineman was about to make contact you froze instead of playing thru and taking on the block.

At the 1:15 mark you had a chance to explode on a tackle, but again hesitated right before contact. Instead of delivering the punishment, you hesitated to let it come to you.

At about the 1:56 mark when #64 pulled, he did not pick you up at all. Instead he went outside, then came back to pick you up as you stood in the hole you filled. You really should have either exploded through that hole and the RB gets stopped for a 2-3 yard loss fairly easy.

And given your size, lack of speed and no real video of your coverage abilities, I don't even know how I would judge you as a potential safety either.

Basically, do not be afraid to let your instincts take over. The coach may get on you a bit, but in the instances I highlighted, if you had been more aggressive, it would highlight you a bit more in your tape.

Also, get your coach to help you out a bit if you really want to work on a tape. He will know more about what he needs to show college coaches to get you the looks you need.
Thanks for the info.
I didn't really notice that too much about the blocking, coverage wise we only ran Zone and I only had about a 5 yard zone to cover.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
Some nice plays in there, but I do see some complacency and instances where you should meet the RB in the hole harder... I do like how you are good at moving down the line versus the run and there were definitely some nice form tackles in there. You just need to play faster and more aggressively. Probably get into the weight room and put on some pounds as well.
Thanks, I'm working really hard to gain weight and to get better at filling the holes.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Good luck.
Well I mean what high school games have you been watching? How many guys weigh 250 and play MLB in high school most of the time?

I am short, ya, but many guys are short and play just as well. Weight wise, I have already added 15 lbs in muscle since my season playing weight of 170lbs. Tulsa would be nice, but I would rather go to a D2 (whatever it is called now) team and get a scholarship

Old 12-21-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Come on...
I wouldn't have posted it here if I couldn't take criticism. I am realistic, odds are extremely against me, I am genetically challenged height wise, I am not the biggest weight wise, but I am one of the fastest game speed guys on my team (outside the few skill guys) I look slow on tape and my coaches have told me this due to the fact that I take longer strides than I should.

Colleges won't be all over me for size, but doesn't heart and desire count for anything anymore?

Old 12-21-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys View Post
I wouldn't have posted it here if I couldn't take criticism. I am realistic, odds are extremely against me, I am genetically challenged height wise, I am not the biggest weight wise, but I am one of the fastest game speed guys on my team (outside the few skill guys) I look slow on tape and my coaches have told me this due to the fact that I take longer strides than I should.

Colleges won't be all over me for size, but doesn't heart and desire count for anything anymore?

In my opinion heart and desire really don't count for much in sports, no. You have to have the talent and size and speed PLUS the heart and desire. Clint Eastwood said it best - show me a fighter who's nothing but heart,
and i'll show you a man waiting for a beating.

Anyways, at least you can take some criticism, I knew you could...football players are a tough bunch. Stay that way and keep adding muscle, who knows?? You could have a major growth spurt by your senior year!

Good luck.

Last edited by Hollywood : 12-21-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did your dad keep stats

this is vital

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

i was way undersized and i had quite a few scholarships....but then again i was a QB not a MLB.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
did your dad keep stats

this is vital
lol...

anyways, you look pretty good man, 5'11''? Thats Zach Thomas' height, just get a lot of muscle (so spend good time in the weights room) and play with heart and desire. In some plays it looked like it was impossible to block you! As an offensive player, I HATE that lol. Anyways, you read plays pretty nicely on most plays but you probably need to work on your speed and strength, add in some muscle and you will have a chance at a smaller college!

Good luck man!!!
Old 12-22-2008, 01:26 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
i was way undersized and i had quite a few scholarships....but then again i was a QB not a MLB.
I just checked out your highlight film and I must say I came away impressed. Good stuff man.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:27 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In my opinion heart and desire really don't count for much in sports, no. You have to have the talent and size and speed PLUS the heart and desire. Clint Eastwood said it best - show me a fighter who's nothing but heart,
and i'll show you a man waiting for a beating.
Ummm what are we talking about here, the NFL or College Football? Your crazy if you think he needs prospect measurables to amount to anything, especially at the college level...All he needs to do is go to a D2 school or NAIA to get bigger, stronger, faster and see where he stacks up, but as far as college goes heart and desire counts for ALOT.

I understand they aren't giving out scholarships for effort but you don't have to have pro measurables to get a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote