Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-03-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Holy ****! Jets and Lions trade rumor...

Wow... saw this in another thread:
Quote:
John Clayton on ESPN reported that the Jets and Lions are in trade talks about sending Vilma, #25, and our late 2nd for #2 overall.
That would be a trade worth taking! Holy ****! Vilma, who is a beast, a first round pick and an additional second round pick... WOW. Give us this trade.

That would give us:

2.?
5.?
5.?

That would be incredible.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Knowing your GM, he'd find a way to blow it.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Knowing your GM, he'd find a way to blow it.
That really doesn't make sense. He'd find a way to blow that exact trade? How?

Go away.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Pocket
Rookie

Pocket hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Oh my god...

Does this rumor have a source?

EDIT: I guess I could read all of the original post.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Millen has to take this trade. Vilma really doesn't fit into the 3-4, which is why i think this isn't just a rumor. He would be a beast in our defense, and we could get Houston or Revis with the 25th pick!! I would love this..
Old 03-03-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

OMG WE NEED YOU VILMA PLEASSSEE!!!!but really it works out on both sides

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone actually see the segmen with Clayton on ESPN?
Old 03-03-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets would presumably be after Adrian Peterson at #2, correct?
Old 03-03-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
bdc02

yeah i heard about it too... i'd do that **** rigth away... John Clayton reported it. and yeah they would be after AD.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be thrilled if this happened.

We could take someone like Charles Johnson or Chris Houston at 25, Justin Blalock at 34, and either a CB or DE with the Jets 2nd (based on what position we get in the first). We could essentially go BPA for all of our remaining picks, having adequetly filled our needs at MLB, OL, DE and CB.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Vilma is a favored son in the Jets organization I would be suprised to see this trade happen... Seems like too much for the 2nd pick...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get it done.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
The Jets would presumably be after Adrian Peterson at #2, correct?
Correct. An excellent trade for both teams IMO.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Vilma is a favored son in the Jets organization I would be suprised to see this trade happen... Seems like too much for the 2nd pick...
he dosent fit a 3-4 that there trying to run...

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman View Post
John Clayton is reporting that the Jets and Lions are in trade talks for the 2nd pick in the draft in which we give up Vilma, our 1st, and our late 2nd for the 2nd pick overall.
Posted at 6:35 ET in the New York Jets Discussion Thread. Now I need to go turn the failsafe key on the Island, go back in time, wait until 3/3/07, 6:35 and turn on ESPN.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
casskid
Rookie

casskid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just came up with a scenario similar to this in the Willis/Landry thread, but what a deal if the lions can pull this off. I cant believe the Jets want the second pick that bad.
casskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by casskid View Post
I just came up with a scenario similar to this in the Willis/Landry thread, but what a deal if the lions can pull this off. I cant believe the Jets want the second pick that bad.
I would say this be a reasonable trade:

Lions recieve:

Jonathan Vilma
Pick #37 (530)
Pick #57 (330)
Future 4th round pick (20)

Jets recieve

Pick #2 (2600)
6th round pick (15)

Lions give up 2615
Jets give up 880

The difference is 1735.

The #5 pick is worth 1700. This Makes John Vilma worth the #5 overall pick, which I think is fair considering he is a top 3 LB in their defense and he's only 25 years old. This leaves 35 points. Because this is Matt Millen, please spare me 35 points! It's a fair trade IMO. I know you want our first, but I think it is too much. Vilma is just such a stud in a 4-3.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Posted in the thread at the NFL forum, originally from the rumor mill at *not going to say name, don't know if it's against the rules, but I'm sure you all know*

JETS CONSIDERING A TRADE UP?

We're hearing that the New York Jets are considering an effort to trade up from the No. 25 spot in round one to the top of the draft.

The Jets would like to get in position to draft either receiver Calvin Johnson or running back Adrian Peterson.

To ensure that they'll get either guy, the Jets likely would have to land no lower than No. 3.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3 View Post

Lions recieve:

Jonathan Vilma
Pick #37 (530)
Pick #57 (330)

Jets recieve

Pick #2 (2600)
6th round pick (15)

Lions give up 2615
Jets give up 880

The difference is 1735.

The #5 pick is worth 1700. This Makes John Vilma worth the #5 overall pick, which I think is fair considering he is a top 3 LB in their defense and he's only 25 years old. This leaves 35 points. Because this is Matt Millen, please spare me 35 points! It's a fair trade IMO. I know you want our first, but I think it is too much. Vilma is just such a stud in a 4-3.

Id take that deal, it gives us the ammo to move back into the first by having 2 early second rounders. OIr we could stay there and address 2 major Positions of need.

Any way you slice it I LOVE THIS TRADE!

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, that'd be amazing. And we'd still have plenty of draft picks to move up if we felt the need to.. And I'd be very happy if we drafted another Miami player, Brandon Meriweather.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Mythos
Rookie

Mythos hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3 View Post

Lions recieve:

Jonathan Vilma
Pick #37 (530)
Pick #57 (330)

Jets recieve

Pick #2 (2600)
6th round pick (15)

Lions give up 2615
Jets give up 880

The difference is 1735.

Maybe your scenario + swap 34 for 25. The Jets could probably still grab Tyler at 34.

What were the Jet's looking to get from Washington for Vilma? The 6th straight-up?
Mythos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:44 AM    (permalink
casskid
Rookie

casskid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If this deal goes threw i dont think the Lions will trade back up into the first. It seems like everyone they targeted/coveted would be gone at that point. Maybe Johnson is still around, but i with all the talk of the staff being in love with Bazuin in round 3, i think they would just go CB, maybe OG in the second round. With Vilma you fix MLB for years, with Foster you fix one spot on the oline (either keep him at RT and move Scott inside, or vice versa), and some combo of Merriweather, Staley, Blalock, and McCauley(his intagiables are threw the roof), should still be all available. Picking Drew Stanton also just became alot more probable it seems with alot of needs being taken care of threw trades.
casskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:10 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

If this trade goes through, I dont CARE about anything else this offseason.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

So is it going to happen, Did anyone hear anything else about it?
Old 03-04-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
So is it going to happen, Did anyone hear anything else about it?
I've been waiting anxiously, but havent heard anything.