Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jauron was the same way in Chicago.....soft and his teams lacked a killer instinct.

At least he managed 1 great season here...not so much in Beefalo.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Jauron was the same way in Chicago.....soft and his teams lacked a killer instinct.

At least he managed 1 great season here...not so much in Beefalo.
When will the misery end?
I can't take another season, or game for that matter, of soft play.
They players love him because he doesn't light a fire under their ass. He just stands there and claps. And claps. And claps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
When will the misery end?
I can't take another season, or game for that matter, of soft play.
They players love him because he doesn't light a fire under their ass. He just stands there and claps. And claps. And claps.
lol, I know exactly what you mean. Lovie isn't actually all that different.

Players love coaches like that because they don't berate them and scream at them and make big scenes, but sometimes players need that. During some of our big losses this year like the first packers game and 2nd vikings game, I would have killed to have a coach who could get pissed and flip out on the players who weren't doing their part.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Anyone else not liking the Barry Switzer Coors Light commercials?

I like the Billick ones but his.....eh.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol, I know exactly what you mean. Lovie isn't actually all that different.

Players love coaches like that because they don't berate them and scream at them and make big scenes, but sometimes players need that. During some of our big losses this year like the first packers game and 2nd vikings game, I would have killed to have a coach who could get pissed and flip out on the players who weren't doing their part.

ie: =

=

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

you could make the argument that JP alone = the elephant ****
Old 12-28-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is Ben going to be alright? When I first heard about it at work it sounded like he blew out a knee or something but then I saw in highlights he was leaving in an ambulance.

With Leftwich at QB, he'd be killed instantly by any team capable of generating a pass rush...
Another Steeler fan answered about Ben. But, with Leftwich, he is not as nibble as Ben, but he gets rid of the ball quicker, and he has a stronger arm. Although Ben is way ahead of Byron in terms of quarterback play, I dont think it would be a bad thing IF we had to start Leftwich for our first playoff game.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

LMAO @ Denver. Didn't put up much of a fight. Fully deserved, though.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone else not liking the Barry Switzer Coors Light commercials?

I like the Billick ones but his.....eh.
All of the Coors Light commercials have been great up until the Switzer ones. They are stinking garbage imo, what duds.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Another Steeler fan answered about Ben. But, with Leftwich, he is not as nibble as Ben, but he gets rid of the ball quicker, and he has a stronger arm. Although Ben is way ahead of Byron in terms of quarterback play, I dont think it would be a bad thing IF we had to start Leftwich for our first playoff game.
It wouldn't be bad. It'd be horrendous.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Surprising how both "win and in" games this week were both blowouts.

I saw the SD game being a blowout, but i didn't expect the Cowboys to get pummeled like that. i guess theyre softer than i thought they are.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers going into the playoffs strong!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else read that Tony Romo passed out in the shower after the game?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am sad that the NFL regular season is over. It goes by too fast.
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Anyone else read that Tony Romo passed out in the shower after the game?
yeah i read that too.

its supposedly from a rib injury in the 2nd half. sad to hear.
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I am sad that the NFL regular season is over. It goes by too fast.
agreed. February will be here and gone faster than any of us could expect, the players will be done at the pro bowl......and thats the end.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr
Steelers and Titans in AFCCG?
Fixed it for ya! ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
yes, but Jets fans know the Jets suck and many I spoke to knew this was bound to happen because they are the Jets.

Meanwhile, after missing the playoffs, the Patriots just lost 50% of their fanbase...
sums it up perfectly. we're jets fans, we're used to disappointment and pretty much anything else you can throw at us. we've taken some abuse (not as much as other fans, but our fair share.) On the other hand most Patriots fans that are teenagers only know the winning Patriots. Its wonderful to let them be introduced to knowing the fact that their team is golfing while the playoffs are a roaring haha
Old 12-28-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
sums it up perfectly. we're jets fans, we're used to disappointment and pretty much anything else you can throw at us. we've taken some abuse (not as much as other fans, but our fair share.) On the other hand most Patriots fans that are teenagers only know the winning Patriots. Its wonderful to let them be introduced to knowing the fact that their team is golfing while the playoffs are a roaring haha
Prior to Drew Bledsoe, there were barely any Patriots fans in New England.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
agreed. February will be here and gone faster than any of us could expect, the players will be done at the pro bowl......and thats the end.
But Febuary, March, and April we have the draft stuff. May and June is a dry period with minicamps, but we have baseball.

Then July will be faster then we expect, and the season will be around the corner!!
Old 12-28-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

summer is so boring for me because im not a baseball fan

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Prior to Drew Bledsoe, there were barely any Patriots fans in New England.
yeah i know exactly what you mean (from jersey go to ne a lot). i mean im not trying to be a dick to ne fans, but if any fans deserved their team not making the playoffs it has to be them
Old 12-28-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
summer is so boring for me because im not a baseball fan
Definitely, summer sucks for non-baseball fans. Especially this past summer for me, since Tiger was out for half of it.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

if the ravens can draft a go-to receiver and some younger guys on D they can be scary good in the next few years
Old 12-29-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Definitely, summer sucks for non-baseball fans. Especially this past summer for me, since Tiger was out for half of it.
At least Tiger gave us a hell of an exciting U.S. Open.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote