Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-24-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Adam Carriker could probably make a good 3-4 DE if the Rams chose to do that. Not sure how Chris Long would be at OLB though.
Chris Long was a 3-4 DE in college, so he knows at least the fundamentals of the position, and he's got the size to move back there if the Rams really wanted to convert. The real problem for them would be finding a NT and rushbackers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
NO is long overdue for a switch to the Tampa 2. Although I don't know how well Tracy Porter would fit in a Tampa 2 scheme. Or least switch to a man Tampa 2 scheme kinda like the Bears have.
Yes, their personnel SCREAMS Tampa 2, yet they don't run it, makes no sense at all.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NO is long overdue for a switch to the Tampa 2. Although I don't know how well Tracy Porter would fit in a Tampa 2 scheme. Or least switch to a man Tampa 2 scheme kinda like the Bears have.

Buffalo needs to let go of the Cover 2 scheme

Im not a big fan of Atlanta's defense at all.

Denver needs to play defense....period.

Cleveland needs to scrap the 3-4 or draft players for it. Wimbley has been a bust. Ditto for Corey Williams.
I'm not sure about a Tampa 2 scheme for New Orleans but a Cover 2 of any kind is what I'm advocating. Our CB's are almost tailor made for a Cover 2 but we would need new safeties, thing is we need new safeties anyway.

Give me someone like Taylor Mays and Louis Delmas in a Cover 2 defense and I'd be very happy. I don't think Raheem Morris is coming to the Saints, or any other team, for that matter but someone like the following I'd love:

Casey Bradley (Tampa Bay LB coach)
Sean McDermott (Philadelphia Secondary coach)
Alan Williams (Colts DB coach)
Steve Wilks (Bears DB coach)

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
The Cowboys had the #1 defense (statistically) in the NFL as a 4-3 the year before Parcells arrived. And it wasn't like we had a ton of tweeners on the roster either. We did it with undersized linebackers, oversized safeties, and an attacking D-line led by Laroi Glover at his best.
There's an exception for everything but chances are it won't work as well the next time around. Or will it? TBD...

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I'm not sure about a Tampa 2 scheme for New Orleans but a Cover 2 of any kind is what I'm advocating. Our CB's are almost tailor made for a Cover 2 but we would need new safeties, thing is we need new safeties anyway.

Give me someone like Taylor Mays and Louis Delmas in a Cover 2 defense and I'd be very happy. I don't think Raheem Morris is coming to the Saints, or any other team, for that matter but someone like the following I'd love:

Casey Bradley (Tampa Bay LB coach)
Sean McDermott (Philadelphia Secondary coach)
Alan Williams (Colts DB coach)
Steve Wilks (Bears DB coach)
Is that a list for DC? If so, as long as we run the cover 2, you can't have Wilks.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Chris Long was a 3-4 DE in college, so he knows at least the fundamentals of the position, and he's got the size to move back there if the Rams really wanted to convert. The real problem for them would be finding a NT and rushbackers.
Long would most likely play OLB in a 3-4.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Singletary has switched the Niners to a true hybrid defense and it has been awesome. I would expect them to keep things that way.
Does it look like Singletary's gonna keep the HC job there? If so, I'm happy for him.

I really want to find a 49ers game to watch, I really want to see their 4-3/3-4 hybrid D.

Old 12-24-2008, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Long would most likely play OLB in a 3-4.
Lets be frank here. Chris Long in a 3-4, at either OLB or DE, is a waste of his talent.

Old 12-24-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked him at 3-4 OLB just as much as I did at 4-3 DE. I reeeeally wanted him as a rush backer in Miami.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Is that a list for DC? If so, as long as we run the cover 2, you can't have Wilks.
The bottom two are nominations for a secondary coach but could be in the running for DC.

The top two guys, Bradley and McDermott, are who I want to be in the top of the running as the new DC for New Orleans.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-24-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NO needs a DE badly. And safeties. and an OLB.

i still can't believe Robert Meachem. smh.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
NO needs a DE badly. And safeties. and an OLB.

i still can't believe Robert Meachem. smh.
You and me both. And yes, we need all of what you mentioned, which I don't think any of those will be fairly hard to come by. I'm actually for trading one of our DE's.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-24-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
You and me both. And yes, we need all of what you mentioned, which I don't think any of those will be fairly hard to come by. I'm actually for trading one of our DE's.
I think Grant should go. The man looks like a marshmallow.

I'll give Smith some time. Although he's fallen off, i think his DC doesn't help him much.

I can see NO drafting Taylor Mays in the 1st. Channing Crowder wouldn't be a bad idea in FA.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
i love being the lions on madden, release everyone but calvin johnson and then rebuild
I pretty much did the same thing last night.

Raiola, Ikaika Alama-Francis, Avril, Cory Smith, Redding, Cody, Ramirez, Sims, Stanton, Kevin Smith, Bullocks, Cherilus, Calvin, Keith Smith, Wilson, Alexander, Dizon.

17 out of 53. More people then I thought.

Smith & Avril make good 3-4 OLB and Redding & Ikaika make good 3-4 DE
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:13 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
I think Grant should go. The man looks like a marshmallow.

I'll give Smith some time. Although he's fallen off, i think his DC doesn't help him much.

I can see NO drafting Taylor Mays in the 1st. Channing Crowder wouldn't be a bad idea in FA.
I've given a lot of thought to Crowder at the Will and the more I think about it the more I like it.

If we had a DC who could actually scheme we'd be dangerous. That's actually why I like the two guys (Casey Brandly & Sean McDermott) for DC. Both have worked with some very talented groups and have been able to get the best out them.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-25-2008, 01:15 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post

Raiola, Ikaika Alama-Francis, Avril, Cory Smith, Redding, Cody, Ramirez, Sims, Stanton, Kevin Smith, Bullocks, Cherilus, Calvin, Keith Smith, Wilson, Alexander, Dizon.

Actually the Lions should probably be running a 3-4 Cover 2 in all actuality. All their missing is a NT, which they could pick up in the draft with BJ Raji.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-25-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post

does this happen to you guys or only me, every time I'm rebuilding and not resigning some of their guys, the cpu signs them.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think the redskins need to change their defensive scheme, we might just need to pick another philosophy because I would really like for us to get a real DE, although the 3 man line with jason taylor standing up worked pretty good against the eagles
Old 12-25-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i do not damn the cover 2 thing , just because of tracy porter . but i have to admit , that it would be a waste of his true talents.

our safeties cover the deep zones or hook/robber zones anyways , plus the LBs do not blitz very much , so it wouldnt be that big of a difference
Old 12-26-2008, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Does it look like Singletary's gonna keep the HC job there? If so, I'm happy for him.

I really want to find a 49ers game to watch, I really want to see their 4-3/3-4 hybrid D.
I have seen three sources comfirm that Singletary is going to be HC next year.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:18 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will all come down to who your HC is. If your team, isn't switching HC's, they aren't likely to switch defenses and if they are switching HC's, it all depends on who they hire. Few GM's will hire a new HC who plays a different system. It usually means a complete overhaul of your defensive team.
To switch defenses isn't nearly as easy as most fans seem to think. It often takes 2 or 3 years to get the right personnel into positions and a lot of players cannot make the switch and have to be let go.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:54 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions could make a pretty smooth transition to the 3-4. Take Raji with Dallas's pick and then a Larry English or Sintim at the top of round 2. Sign Channing Crowder in free agency and move Sims inside.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:14 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are some posters that are dying for the Packers to switch to a 3-4. I'd be all for it but no way this year. We would have to drop some of our best players like Kampman and Barnett and remake at least half our of front 7.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:57 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Lions could make a pretty smooth transition to the 3-4. Take Raji with Dallas's pick and then a Larry English or Sintim at the top of round 2. Sign Channing Crowder in free agency and move Sims inside.
The only problem with that is Sims. Will he be able o transition to ANY LB spot in a 3-4? Maybe, but I doubt it. If a new FO comes in (which is looking like it isn't) they could potentially clean house. Perhaps trade Sims (I REALLY hope not) for a NT or a CB and build through the draft ala Atlanta last year. I don't think it matters that there is a transition time between schemes because the Lions are so bad in the Tampa 2 that there needs to be a change NOW. I like the 3-4 and would be overjoyed to see it in Detroit. Maybe they'll hire my Ravens' Rex Ryan...
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:27 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, looks like the Packers will be making the change.

Any chance of a more hybrid type defense for the Jets?

What are the Broncos going to be doing?
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:49 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Buffalo needs to let go of the Cover 2 scheme

Im not a big fan of Atlanta's defense at all.

Denver needs to play defense....period.

Cleveland needs to scrap the 3-4 or draft players for it. Wimbley has been a bust. Ditto for Corey Williams.
i agree on cleveland going back to the 4-3 shaun rogers and corey williams will make a mean pairing at T and DQwell Jackson is a very good MLB not sure on all their other personnel but they have the foundations
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote