Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 03-03-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Thomas7399

Hi all, here is my three round mock draft:

http://www.mymockdraft.com/MyDraft/Thomas7399.aspx

Please let me know what you think......thanks!

EDIT: Quick word....I would have the Lions trading down and drafting LaRon Landry, but it wont let me trade, so I took a safe pick.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Branch over Gaines.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One horrible pick, one good pick, one "eh" pick (in order).

THE JAGS WON'T DRAFT A CORNERBACK. Give us Michael Griffin since the top 2 are off the board. Safety is a big need, and I think he offers more value then most of us think.

I'm cool with Beason, but the team would also seriously consider Jason Hill.

Buster Davis is a good player, but he doesn't fit the Jaguars system. I'd take Steve Smith, who's great value there. Tim Crowder would be the pick if he fell just a bit further and Jason Hill had been the selection in the 2nd.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Thomas7399

I'll give it to you, Rashean Mathis is one of the best CB's in the league......

....however, CB #2 (whether it be Brian Williams, Ahmad Carroll, or whoever else you want to put in there) is not very strong. Brian Williams had one pick last season and well Ahmad Carroll didnt see much action after week four courtesy Donovan McNabb.

The Buster Davis pick was partly a product of the fact that he played his college ball not too far down the road.

I like the criticsm but ya know I gotta defend my picks :)
Old 03-03-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

give KC Barber in RD 3 because we need someone to take over for Shields should he retire
Old 03-03-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

bills_red needs more cowbell.

Why draft a T when we picked up 2 guys that can play T and have 2 R last year that will compete for the job. Don't get it.
bills_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrible Bengals 1st rounder. I'd rather take Marshawn Lynch, the most likely pick though I think would be Michael Griffin.

Round 2 Chris Houston would be a virtual lock for us.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

give us kalil in the 3rd and u would get a A+. a B overal for that though

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
49erfaithful
Veteran

49erfaithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The niners draft gets a B. I would like them to take a WR in second but otherwise pretty good
49erfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas7399 View Post
I'll give it to you, Rashean Mathis is one of the best CB's in the league......

....however, CB #2 (whether it be Brian Williams, Ahmad Carroll, or whoever else you want to put in there) is not very strong. Brian Williams had one pick last season and well Ahmad Carroll didnt see much action after week four courtesy Donovan McNabb.

The Buster Davis pick was partly a product of the fact that he played his college ball not too far down the road.

I like the criticsm but ya know I gotta defend my picks :)
Brian Williams did just fine. He didn't make many plays, but he didn't give up many. The team ended up #10 in the league in pass defense, the 8th-best team in the league the league defending "#1 wide receivers", TOPS IN THE LEAGUE in the league defending "#2 wide receivers", and 2nd in the league defending 3rd-5th wideouts. The team could stand improving its depth some and may take a flier on someone late in the draft, but it doesn't need new starters.

Ahmad Carrol finished the season as the 6th cornerback on the Jaguars depth chart, and never saw a defensive snap. The Jaguars use him strictly as a special-teamer, which he's good at because of his speed getting down the field. Suffice to say, he's not in the defense's long-term plans.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid Bucs draft.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Finlayson56
Rookie

Finlayson56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bad Cowboys draft
it should go
#1 Brandon Meriweather because Nelson and Landry are gone
#2 We go gaurd
#3 back up QB
Old 03-03-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great Bucs mock. One problem though. Kalil in the 3rd would make this the ultimate Bucs mock of the year. CJ, Meriweather, Abiamiri & Kalil would all be literally perfect picks and my favourite players.

I'll give it an A anyway, and Kalil would never slip that far so I'm not gonna act as if I'm disappointed.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

okoye is a bad fit for the niners D, and with the signing of clements i doubt the niners go CB in the second. i like the harris pick though

Last edited by rainbeaukid2 : 03-03-2007 at 10:37 PM.
rainbeaukid2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Landry - good pick
Siler - horrible pick. we will not waste a first day pick on a LB our starters are all very good in Brooking, Williams and Boley. we need a DE, RB or OL here and woudl get either Charles Johnson or go BPA and get CB Chris Houston and have a defensive backfield of Hall, Houston, Williams and Landry.
Ramirez - great pick

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calvin Johnson - Great pick
Brandon Merriweather - Great pick
Victor Abiamiri - Great pick
Josh Wilson - Good pick

That is a very good draft

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Branch over Gaines.
The Redskins only had a pathetic 19 sacks last year. They need a pass rusher on the outside.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Thomas7399

Hey guys, thanks for all of your replies......let me see if I can address my reasoning towards some of the criticism.

T-RICH49: Yeah I agree a G would be a good choice at that spot (especially Barbre) but if DJarrett can become the #1, I figured Steve Smith would compliment him well....actually no figuring, he did complement him well in college (although the pro game is a completely different story).

bills_red: I forgot about them signing Walker, but I am pretty sure Dockery/Whittle will stay at G/C. I think an athletic T like Ryan Harris is always a good thing to bring some competition to the O-line.....especially when your team was near the bottom of the league in RushYards/game.

PalmerToCJ: How is that a terrible pick? Olsen is an excellent athlete and should give the Bengles more than 21 receptions (calling Reggie Kelly). He should also give them stability at the TE position.....something which they sorely lack.

RaiderNation: Kalil would be a good fit for Oakland, but the thought of JaMarcus being able to have a familiar target with him on the Raiders is nice. Also, with Randy most likely on his way out, that leaves Jerry Porter (who I wouldnt be surprised to see go) as your #1.....although Ronald Curry might have something to say about that. Either way, I think it is time for some fresh faces catching the ball in Oakland.

49erfaithful: For some reason, it didnt occur to me that the 49ers just signed Clements. I agree now that I think about it that a WR probably would have made more sense there. With that said though, I think a young CB who can learn from Clements is a good thing.

Thanks again to all who have replied!
Old 03-03-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
BiggerFoot

One of the WORST i mean WORST Saints drafts,
Quinn Pitcock is NOT first round material and DT is not that big of a need, so why would we reach for a non need?
Tanard Jackson a CB yes, but I feel that there are better CBs on the board and we are reaching for him
and a SS is not that much of a need either? why would the saints only draft one really big need with the first day picks?
Old 03-03-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Thomas7399

Alright guys, I will try to respond to some more of your criticism individually (see post above) tomorrow.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:55 AM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

bills_red needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas7399 View Post
bills_red: I forgot about them signing Walker, but I am pretty sure Dockery/Whittle will stay at G/C. I think an athletic T like Ryan Harris is always a good thing to bring some competition to the O-line.....especially when your team was near the bottom of the league in RushYards/game.
Dock will play LG and Whittle will move around I'm sure.

At RT Mouse likes
Will go into his 2nd year. T.Pennington, who has long arms, good athlete, quick feet for a 6'7 guy.
Will go into his 2nd year. B.Butler, again has long arms, surprisingly quick.
And Just brought in L.Walker (27)

So with all the youth at the RT position and along the O-Line I don't think we draft an T/G/C
Unless someone falls a whole round but still not likely.
bills_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:41 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alan Branch would be a much better pick for the skins
Old 03-04-2007, 08:41 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Horrible Eagles picks. NO WRs!!! No OLBs!!! In the first, give us Griffin, he actually fills a position of NEED. In the second, give us Abiamiri, another NEED. Heres a clue, the Eagles don't NEED a WR or OLB that early, especially if players they NEED are still available. In the third round, I would have Brian Leonard as the Eagles pick.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Thomas7399

Finlayson: I think 22 is too early for Brandon Merriweather (plus Gattis is not a bad player in the third round). Also, the Cowboys are not in a position to draft a backup QB before the 4th round (Smith/Stanton are early 3rd). The Boys' run defense was pretty good this year, but shoring up the D-line for some years to come would go a long way in my opinion.

rainbeaukid2: I think Okoye is a good fit on pretty much any team in this league.......I think he is that good of a player. Anyway, if the 49ers can get a player that resembles the days of Bryant Young/Dana Stubblefield, I think it would benefit them quite a bit. This kid is only 19 years old, so San Fran could potentially be getting a D-line anchor for the next 15 years (and in a division where Stephen Jackson is gonna be around for a while, I think that is gonna be good).

Scar988: Yeah I agree now that I think about it.....I forgot that the Falcons had Demorrio Williams as well.

BiggerFoot: Pitcock is a little bit of a reach, but Hollis Thomas isnt exactly young. Also, better penetration from the D-line will in turn help the secondary. As far as Tanard Jackson, he has good size for a CB. In a division which might soon have CJ, a CB with size will go a long way. Also, SS is a need since Otis Stoutmire is going into his 12th season.

21ST: The 'skins need D-line help any way they can get it. Branch is a good pick, but I wasnt impressed with his play at Michigan (I think LeMarr Woodley was a better player at Michigan). Getting a premier end to put pressure on Romo, Eli, and Donovan will help the 'skins in my opinion.

eaglesalltheway: If the Eagles can't keep Donte Stallworth, that leaves Hank Baskett, Reggie Brown, Jason Avant, and Greg Lewis as the primary receiving core. Do you honestly think there is a true #1 in that group? Reggie Brown is a good player and I think he has the potential to be a good #1, but the dropoff after him hurts. Dwayne Bowe has excellent size and is a good athlete. Remember what the Eagles did when they had another WR with excellent size and athleticism? As far as the OLB is concerned, Dhani Jones and Jeremiah Trotter are getting older. The reason I took Pittman over Leonard is that I think the Eagles would like to have a backup who resembles Brian Westbrook's style, that way when Westbrook misses a few games, the style of the offense is not disturbed.

Thanks again to all who have replied!
Old 03-04-2007, 11:15 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give Green Bay David Irons in round 3

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote