Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 01-05-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post
Re-sign
T.J. Houshmandzadeh (Franchise) - Best player on the team this season.
Cedric Benson - Played great for how terrible the offensive line was.
Shayne Graham - Golden Graham.
Brandon Johnson - Played well in Rivers absence.
Chris Crocker - Played very well.
Ryan Fitzpatrick - Decent backup. Knows the system.
Stacy Andrews - I think he'll be extremely cheap because of his play this season and the injury.

Cut
Levi Jones
Dexter Jackson

Free Agents
RT Matt Stinchcomb

Draft
1. OLB Aaron Curry, Wake Forest
2. C Max Unger, Oregon
3. RB Jerimiah Johnson, Oregon
4. FB Brannon Southerland
4. (comp) OT Andrew Gardner, Georgia Tech
5. ILB Jason Phillips, Texas Christian

Roster
QB - Carson Palmer, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jordan Palmer
RB - Cedric Benson, Jerimiah Johnson, Kenny Watson
FB - Brannan Southerland
WR - T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Chad Johnson, Chris Henry, Andre Caldwell, Jerome Simpson, Glenn Holt
TE - Reggie Kelly, Ben Utecht, Dan Coats
LT - Anthony Collins
LG - Andrew Whitworth, Nate Livings
C - Max Unger, Dan Santucci
RG - Bobbie Williams, Scott Kooistra, Stacy Andrews (IR/PUP)
RT - Matt Stinchcomb, Andrew Gardner

LE - Robert Geathers, Frostee Rucker, Eric Henderson
UT - Pat Sims, Orien Harris
NT - Domata Peko, Jason Shirley
RE - Antwan Odom, Jonathan Fanene
WLB - Keith Rivers, Brandon Johnson
MLB - Dhani Jones, Corey Mays, Jason Phillips
SLB - Aaron Curry, Jim Maxwell
CB - Leon Hall, Johnathan Joseph, David Jones, Simeon Castille
FS - Chris Crocker, Marvin White, Corey Lynch
SS - Chinedum Ndukwe, Kyries Hebert

K - Shayne Graham
P - Kyle Larson (or whoever they draft in round 6 that will beat him out)
LS - Brad St. Louis
Being an Oregon fan, id love to get Jeremiah in the 3rd.

He has one of the nastiest straight arms in the country.

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Brannan Southerland would also give us a big boost in the run game since we didn't have a FB that was even decent at all this season. He's actually a good runner himself and can catch passes when called upon.
Southerland would do wonders for our run game. He's big and can run well for a FB, which would just give us another weapon offensively. I would definitely love to see him in stripes.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think we should Franchise TJ. He will just as important to our team as Carson. He should throw the check book at him.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Being an Oregon fan, id love to get Jeremiah in the 3rd.

He has one of the nastiest straight arms in the country.
Jeremiah Johnson and James Davis are the two bigger name running back's that I wouldn't mind seeing the Bengals pick in the 2nd-3rd depending on what happens.

Also, Chick Ludwig seems pretty confident that AC will be making the move to the right side. He's usually on point with this type of info so drafting a LT in the first is a little more likely in my mind. Depends what they do with Levi but I think we'd all agree his time is probably done here.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I saw of AC, the more I wanted to draft DE or LB in round one and shoot for Loadholt in early round two. Then Luigs or Wood in round 3.

That way we could go:

LT - Collins
LG - Whitworth
C - Luigs/Wood
RG - Williams
RT - Loadholt

here is something I worked up recently: Kept it semi-realistic with no trades and 1 solid FA signing.

Fire Bob Bratkowski.
Bring in Hue Jackson or Mark Richt as new OC.

Resign TJ long term.
Franchise Graham.
Sign Benson to a 2-3 year deal.

In Free Agency:
Sign Karlos Dansby OLB

Draft:

Round 1
#6: Brian Orakpo DE Texas

Round 2
Phil Loadholt OT Oklahoma

Round 3
Jason Philips ILB Texas Christian *

compensation pick: Eric Wood C Louisville

Round 4
a. Jordon Shipley WR Texas

Round 5
Brennan Southerland FB Georgia *

Round 6
Kevin Huber P Cincinnati *

Round 7
Greg Carr WR Florida State

* = guys I really want to draft that aren't first round talent.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-08-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Gert T

Do we really want to re-sign Graham? I am about 50-50 on this one, but it seems like we have to get the ball inside the 30 yard line in order to have a shot at a FG. I do like the accuracy, but the lack of 45 yard + FG's makes me worry.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:42 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert T View Post
Do we really want to re-sign Graham? I am about 50-50 on this one, but it seems like we have to get the ball inside the 30 yard line in order to have a shot at a FG. I do like the accuracy, but the lack of 45 yard + FG's makes me worry.
I agree about the whole bombing on the deeper FG's but you've gotta keep him around. We're better off than a whole lot of teams in the kicking department.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:14 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, We've got a good thing going with Shayne. Why take a chance on an unproven commodity? He may not be able to hit the real deep kicks but he sure can hit them from about 40-45 yards out like clockwork. He can occasionally make longer ones too.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 01-12-2009, 07:46 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hard pressed to take chances in the kicking department with what we typically get out of it. Would I like someone who can hit 50+ yarders ?? Sure, but who is that guy and are we going to risk the consistency in Graham to take a chance on that ?? I say pay him decently and put this discussion behind you as soon as you can. There are bigger decisions to be made with the team than who the kicker is...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think will happen with Stacey Andrews? With his injury do you think the Bengals will resign him?

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure they'll make an effort to but given the severity of the injury and how lackluster his play was this year I'm sure it wouldn't take a lot to out bid us. I expect him to be re-signed, let him recover and hope he can take over for Bobbie Williams at RG.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

He obviously doesn't want to be here and for that reason we should let him go. He is physically a monster but his play this season was nowhere near what it was last year. If he gets out of here I think he will be a huge success. Keeping him in Cincy is probably not a good idea.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 01-14-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

got a random question for ya'll: do you think Marvin Lewis should still be coach of the Bengals? If so/not so, why?

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I'm pretty torn on this issue because, on one hand, Marvin did bring this organization out of the dark ages but at the same time I don't think he's the guy that will take us to the next level. I was watching something about Warren Sapp the other day n he said something similar with Tony Dungy. He didn't think Dungy would have took them to the Super Bowl but he also didn't think Jon Gruden would have gotten them to where they were when Dungy was fired. I think its kind of a similar situation here and that we need our own "Jon Gruden" type coach, if you will.

That said, Marvin will be here until his contract expires in all likelihood. I also tend to give him some slack because of the way a lot of our draft picks that were supposed to be building blocks have ended up. You may say that is his fault, but I wouldn't go that far.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-02-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I must say, as the days go on I really start to feel that I will be IRATE if we do not sign TJ. It's a flat out must, the guy is HUGE for our offense.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I must say, as the days go on I really start to feel that I will be IRATE if we do not sign TJ. It's a flat out must, the guy is HUGE for our offense.
At the very least tag the dude and keep him around for another year or so. Chad's said it too and I totally agree, he's massive for the Bengals offense and needs to stick around. Give it a year and see how successful you guys are. I think with the right draft and a healthy *fingers crossed* Palmer along with the rest of the skill guys that are already there that Cincinnati can make a massive turnaround next year. It'd be nice to keep Benson around as well, but TJ is a must especially because this team CAN and I think will be very, very good next year.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

TJ is definitely a must for this team. We have to at least Franchise him but hopefully we can get a 2-3 yr deal worked out. I don't know if he's the type to just go get as much money as possible but who really knows. Hopefully, he'll be willing to negotiate to stay in town.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-05-2009, 09:59 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Actually, I love what TJ brings to this team and want to have him back. However, it's not always that simple. Tagging him is close to 10mil per year. Should we spend the money on a #2 WR in his 30's with such glaring needs elsewhere ?? Marvin has already been quoted as saying Simpson will be a HUGE factor going into next season and that they view Caldwell as a #2 WR in the line of TJ. With that being the case and the thinking of Chad being back with Henry as well, what would make anyone think they will drop the money on TJ ??

Once again, I like TJ, but what would pay more dividends for the team, having TJ back at 10 million or going after a Center in free agency like Brown from Baltimore who would shore up quite possibly our biggest weakness, free up the draft, and hurt a division rival all at the same time ??

I'm just thinking that if that is truly the thought process OF THE ORGANIZATION, tagging TJ isn't real high on the priority list. That being the case, if they don't sign him long term or modestly, he will probably hit the market. Regardless of what Chad thinks...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:10 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I could see that Medic and it will probably end up that way.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-05-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I will say this, they have to improve the offensive line before they do anything. Doing that alone would improve what our WR's could do as they would actually have a QB throwing to them and an offensive line blocking for that QB. Also improves our running game as well.

I will say, I will root for TJ wherever he goes.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I will say this, they have to improve the offensive line before they do anything. Doing that alone would improve what our WR's could do as they would actually have a QB throwing to them and an offensive line blocking for that QB. Also improves our running game as well.

I will say, I will root for TJ wherever he goes.
Yeah I love TJ to death but IDK if he's worth 10 mil and if hes determined to get as much money as possible he probably will not return. I'd hate to see him go but we still do have CJ(at full health hopefully) and I'm higher than most on our 2 young receivers.

Plus, with a QB like Carson it's not really that necessary to put such a premium on WRs anyway.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-06-2009, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Plus, with a QB like Carson it's not really that necessary to put such a premium on WRs anyway.
Exactly, I would LOVE to resign TJ, but unless this is the year Brown really brings out the check book, he will probably end up a Cowboy...or at least I hope he does so he is still on a team I like ha. Knowing our luck, Raven Brown or Steeler.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 02-06-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Exactly, I would LOVE to resign TJ, but unless this is the year Brown really brings out the check book, he will probably end up a Cowboy...or at least I hope he does so he is still on a team I like ha. Knowing our luck, Raven Brown or Steeler.
I hope to see him go to Philly because I'm a McNabb fan. If not there, I just hope he goes somewhere with an established QB that can get him the ball.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

trade cj for 2nd or 3rd.
1. eugene monroe
2. derrick williams
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Ehh pass on Derrick Williams.
Why would we even consider him?
remember last year we just drafted Caldwell and Simpson in the first 3 rounds.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack