Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
DWhaLe
Rookie

DWhaLe hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default 2009 Eagles Mock Drafts

Seeing as how the Philadelphia Eagles aren't making the playoffs this year I could see some major cosmetic changes tho take place. First of all I'll start off with our need. We all know how bad our Red Zone Offense is and ho bad our 3rd Down Percentage is. Well, Brandon Jacobs and Derrick Ward will both be Fa and I'd be happy with either of them. So We Need Offensive Tackle, Safety and Tight End. Runyan and Thomas and Dawkins are old as dirt and our TE's couldn't block better me in High School. All right first we'll trade Donovan McNabb to someone for a 1st Round Pick Giving us 3!

1st Round (Eagles) S - Patrick Chung - Oregon
Big and extremely physical but also a ballhawk in the secondary.
1st Round (Panthers) OT - Michael Oher - Mississippi
Terrific size along with great athleticism, quickness and strength.
1st Round (McNabb) TE - Chase Coffman - Missouri
Not as fast or athletic as LJ Smith but is more well-rounded. Can block and has soft hands.
2nd Round - Derrick Williams -Penn State
Our receiver core could always be stronger and it seems ried is intrested in the "Wildcat Formation" and this guys been doing it his whole career in PSU.

Post Who You'd Like For Next Season...

Dream Mock (Eagles)
1 Knowshon Moreno RB
2 Cornelius Ingram TE
3 Darcel McBath S
5 Chris Owens CB
5 Augustus Parrish OT
(Anquan Boldin)
DWhaLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:26 AM    (permalink
gameplaya2435
Rookie

gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.gameplaya2435 is a cocksman.

There are so many things wrong with this...

1. Patrick Chung with our first pick in the first round? Seriously?!

2. Oher falling to the Panther's pick?

3. Why trade McNabb so you can select a TE for Kevin ******* Kolb to throw too? Who is going to give up their first rounder for McNabb?!@!

4. Derrick Williams in the 2nd?!! Yuck
Old 12-28-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameplaya2435 View Post
There are so many things wrong with this...

1. Patrick Chung with our first pick in the first round? Seriously?!

2. Oher falling to the Panther's pick?

3. Why trade McNabb so you can select a TE for Kevin ******* Kolb to throw too? Who is going to give up their first rounder for McNabb?!@!

4. Derrick Williams in the 2nd?!! Yuck
I completely agree with everything. I dont even want to hear Derrick Williams' name in eagles draft discussions

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhaLe View Post
Our receiver core could always be stronger and it seems ried is intrested in the "Wildcat Formation" and this guys been doing it his whole career in PSU.
Leave now and never return!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
DWhaLe
Rookie

DWhaLe hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Those are just some thoughts... since we made it to the playoffs I see things a little differently now.

Dream Mock (Eagles)
1 Knowshon Moreno RB
2 Cornelius Ingram TE
3 Darcel McBath S
5 Chris Owens CB
5 Augustus Parrish OT
(Anquan Boldin)
DWhaLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seeing as how the Philadelphia Eagles aren't making the playoffs this year I could see some major cosmetic changes tho take place. First of all I'll start off with our need. We all know how bad our Red Zone Offense is and ho bad our 3rd Down Percentage is. Well, Brandon Jacobs and Derrick Ward will both be Fa and I'd be happy with either of them. So We Need Offensive Tackle, Safety and Tight End. Runyan and Thomas and Dawkins are old as dirt and our TE's couldn't block better me in High School. All right first we'll trade Donovan McNabb to someone for a 1st Round Pick Giving us 3!

1st Round (Eagles) S - Patrick Chung - Oregon
Big and extremely physical but also a ballhawk in the secondary.
1st Round (Panthers) OT - Michael Oher - Mississippi
Terrific size along with great athleticism, quickness and strength.
1st Round (McNabb) TE - Chase Coffman - Missouri
Not as fast or athletic as LJ Smith but is more well-rounded. Can block and has soft hands.

Post Who You'd Like For Next Season...

WOW is all i can say. Dawkins will be back next year and Quentin Michael (terrible spelling)from BSU has played well this year.

Hopefully Oher drops too us, unlikely.

McNabb is 25 times better than Kolb. If anything i would say trade McNabb and a draft pick to the Chiefs or something for their draft pick and get a QB there.

I hope your not in management for the Eagles because if you are I'm becoming a LIONS fan.
KobeBryant833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Those are just some thoughts... since we made it to the playoffs I see things a little differently now.
Well, never ever have another thought about Derrick Williams to the Eagles. He sucks so much.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:50 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First "mock" of the year, in any capacity.

Lito is traded for a third or so, maybe a second if we find a gullible team.

With recent games, I feel like Dawk will be back for at least next season.
"Ideal" mock IMO
1a. Michael Oher, LT. With Ebon Britton and some other undercalssmen Ot prospects looking to declare, many draft analysts think one of the senior OT prospects could fall past 20. I don't know how far Oher, or any other OT, would fall, but perhaps we need to trade up a bit to get him, using a 3rd rounder possibly. I personlly would prefer Eugene Monroe, but I can't see him lasting this far.

1b. Jermaine Gresham, TE. One of the best TE prospects in the past few years, doubt he lasts to our pick at 32 (;)) and would improve our receiving corp to a point where our offense would be truly deadly.

2a. William Moore, FS/SS. One of my favorite players coming into the season, Moore garnered top 10 talk, with injuries, weight issues, and sub-par play, he may have slipped into the second round conversation now. The coaching staff has shown confidence in Demps recently, so I'm not sure how they value S, especially FS, as a need. Moore could play FS in the system and also could play SS and take over there when Mikell leaves.

2b. We use our existing 3rd plus the third from Lito and move up into the second for another pick there. (Probably gets us into the 10th-15th pick, so just pretend I did this up there for the 2a)
Kenny Britt, WR. A big, strong, quick WR who fits perfectly in the WCO as a #1 threat. Great YAC ability and good hands. A strong performance in the bowl game may push him up higher than here, but who knows how much of a facotr it will be. Will develop into the #1 WR the team needs and will complete our offense.

I realize these are a bit unlikely, but they are, to varying degrees, possible, but I would blow up if this is how the first day would go.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:21 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now for a few that I view as more likely...

Trade Lito for a third.

1a. Trade first and second to move up to 12-16 and select Eugene Monroe, LT. One of the top prospects right now who could fall for many reasons, I just don't see him falling as far.

1b. Taylor Mays, FS. This pick will be in the 23-25 range, and Mays could easily be available here. Would take over for Dawk when he leavesa dn would be a monster in this defense.

2. Trade the two threes and move into the 10-15 range and select Chase Coffman, TE. Though not the prospect of Gresham, coffman is a very good prospect in his own right. Body-wise, he reminds me of Jason Witten and is similar in the fact that he has great hands and is tough to bring down, but Coffman is more elusive than power like Witten is. Coffman will need to improve his blocking, as he hasn't been called upon to do so in Missouri.

Even more likely (once again Lito is traded for a third)

1a. Eagles stay put and the top OT prospects are gone, so Duke Robinson, OG is selected. A very good Guard prospect who has the potential to be great and will be a mainstay at LG or RG. Herremans or Andrews (more likely, Herremans, but maybe both) slide out and Robinson will fill that hole.

1b. Brandon Pettigrew, TE. More of a balanced TE who can block and do it all. Doesn't have elite timed speed according to the experts, and has character trouble. Should last to the late first.

2. David Bruton, FS. A favorite of mine, woudl be a very good pick up here. OL is a possibility as LT will be open unless Herremans goes to LT (I think he's best suited as a RT)

I think it is more likely the Eagles keep the two thrid rounders, but for the sake of this, I'll say they move up into the second.

2b. Kenny Britt, WR Rutgers. (Put Juaquin Iglesias here if you like him more, I already have Britt in one of these) Both have the size and hands to be a #1WR for us, I just personally like Britt more.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

None of these are very realistic.....

Here are some more realistic scenarios:

a)1. Eagles trade pick #22 and their 2nd rounder to move into the top 10 maybe top 15 and draft Taylor Mays,S,USC.

2. With their second 1st rounder there are many options here. I can see Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma slipping to here if Buffalo passes up on him.

b)1.Eagles keep pick #22 and take Eben Britton, OT, Arizona.

2. With pick #28 Eagles take Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma. Again if Buffalo passes up on him he could fall to here.

3. With there 2nd round pick the Eagles take Patrick Chung, S, Oregon.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
None of these are very realistic.....

Here are some more realistic scenarios:

a)1. Eagles trade pick #22 and their 2nd rounder to move into the top 10 maybe top 15 and draft Taylor Mays,S,USC.

2. With their second 1st rounder there are many options here. I can see Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma slipping to here if Buffalo passes up on him.

b)1.Eagles keep pick #22 and take Eben Britton, OT, Arizona.

2. With pick #28 Eagles take Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma. Again if Buffalo passes up on him he could fall to here.

3. With there 2nd round pick the Eagles take Patrick Chung, S, Oregon.
A.
I like both scenarios, but honestly, with Reid's track record, I see at least one O-linemen being drafted in the first round for us. Mays is great but just might slip until the 20-25 range. Gresham is a beast pure and simple, any Eagles fan that would argue with you about that doesn't know what they are talking about.

B.
I don't know much about Britton, I only saw him play once, and he was solid, but I'm not going to pull a Heather and base an opinion off of him on that game. I have heard that he is very good and he will be part of the reason the top senior Ot prospects will fall, he is the reason I have potentially geting a guy like Oher or Monroe. A lot of people who know more about him than me really like him, I've just kept him out of my mocks above because I really don't know enough about him to include him, you know what I mean? Once again, Gresham is a great pick and I realy like Chung in the second, he could play either S spot for us and would give us 3 or 4 great Safeties. (4 if Demps developes well, 3 if he doesn't)

Old 01-01-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
A.
I like both scenarios, but honestly, with Reid's track record, I see at least one O-linemen being drafted in the first round for us. Mays is great but just might slip until the 20-25 range. Gresham is a beast pure and simple, any Eagles fan that would argue with you about that doesn't know what they are talking about.

B.
I don't know much about Britton, I only saw him play once, and he was solid, but I'm not going to pull a Heather and base an opinion off of him on that game. I have heard that he is very good and he will be part of the reason the top senior Ot prospects will fall, he is the reason I have potentially geting a guy like Oher or Monroe. A lot of people who know more about him than me really like him, I've just kept him out of my mocks above because I really don't know enough about him to include him, you know what I mean? Once again, Gresham is a great pick and I realy like Chung in the second, he could play either S spot for us and would give us 3 or 4 great Safeties. (4 if Demps developes well, 3 if he doesn't)
I agree that Oher or Monroe could fall, but the part I didn't find realistic was pick 1b because I don't see Mays falling that far.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Im with sniper in saying that if i hear anyone say they want us to take Derrick Williams i will freak out. Derrick Williams is terrible and will not do one bit of good for us.

1a) Gresham
1b) Moore

I really want Shonn Greene in the 2nd but we will see what happens.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
Im with sniper in saying that if i hear anyone say they want us to take Derrick Williams i will freak out. Derrick Williams is terrible and will not do one bit of good for us.

1a) Gresham
1b) Moore

I really want Shonn Greene in the 2nd but we will see what happens.
Gresham and Moore are two of my favorite prospects, but its like I said before, Ar will pick at least OL in the first round, it is almost a given. I too would also like Shonn Green in the second. He could be a great power back to compliment Westy, and could even take over the starting role when it is time for Westy to go.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Gresham and Moore are two of my favorite prospects, but its like I said before, Ar will pick at least OL in the first round, it is almost a given.
Moore had a pretty sub-par year. He looked downright awful against Northwestern.

Quote:
I too would also like Shonn Green in the second. He could be a great power back to compliment Westy, and could even take over the starting role when it is time for Westy to go.
I'll say with 99.99% certainty that Greene won't be an Eagle. He can't catch the ball nor is he a very good blocker. Not a good fit.

This power back situation would have been solved if the Eagles took Mike Bush ahead of Tony Hunt like I begged for.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Moore had a pretty sub-par year. He looked downright awful against Northwestern.
That is why I said I think Reid will pick at least one OL. I like Moore a lot, but don't think he is a better option than some of the OL that will most likely be available

I'll say with 99.99% certainty that Greene won't be an Eagle. He can't catch the ball nor is he a very good blocker. Not a good fit.

This power back situation would have been solved if the Eagles took Mike Bush ahead of Tony Hunt like I begged for.
I liked Tony Hunt becauase he was from Penn State, but honestly, didn't expect too much out of him as a RB, especially as a FB. I did like Michael Bush a ton, and would have preferred him, but I guess his broken leg may have had a factor in him falling and the Eagles picking Hunt instead.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I liked Tony Hunt becauase he was from Penn State, but honestly, didn't expect too much out of him as a RB, especially as a FB. I did like Michael Bush a ton, and would have preferred him, but I guess his broken leg may have had a factor in him falling and the Eagles picking Hunt instead.
Michael Bush wouldve been great for us.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Fuzzy Dunlop
Rookie

Fuzzy Dunlop hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For me, best-case scenario would be Taylor Mays and an T in the first. But, I just don't see any way the Eagles are going to be able to get Mays without trading up. Too many teams from #7 on down that need a S (Oak, SF, Den, NO, Hou), and Mays can step in and play either spot right away. Unless he completely bombs his workouts (which he won't), he's not going to be there for their pick.

As for the T, I like Ciron Black from LSU if he declares. I think Oher will be the #1 when all is said and done. The only one of the Top 3 I could possibly see falling is Monroe, and that is farfetched. Black is probably the best run-blocker of the rest of the group right now, and I would like to see the Eagles make more of a commitment to the run game with their offseason personnel moves. This is Andy Reid though.
Fuzzy Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop View Post
For me, best-case scenario would be Taylor Mays and an T in the first. But, I just don't see any way the Eagles are going to be able to get Mays without trading up. Too many teams from #7 on down that need a S (Oak, SF, Den, NO, Hou), and Mays can step in and play either spot right away. Unless he completely bombs his workouts (which he won't), he's not going to be there for their pick.

As for the T, I like Ciron Black from LSU if he declares. I think Oher will be the #1 when all is said and done. The only one of the Top 3 I could possibly see falling is Monroe, and that is farfetched. Black is probably the best run-blocker of the rest of the group right now, and I would like to see the Eagles make more of a commitment to the run game with their offseason personnel moves. This is Andy Reid though.
Best case scenario for me would be Jermaine Gresham and one of the top tackles. That however isn't exactly likely, the top tackles i mean. I too am a big fan of Ciron Black, I think he could be a good LT.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Fuzzy Dunlop
Rookie

One thing about the Eagles and Offensive Linemen is that they seem to value them very different from other teams and it is hard to peg them on it. They always seem to do the unexpected, ie. passing on Otah when he was right there at #16 last year, trading up for Shawn Andrews, drafting Mike McGlynn a lot earlier than most had him, taking a flyer on underachieving King Dunlap, etc. We know they like huge, athletic, guys who excel in pass protection and can play multiple positions, but there always seems to be something analysts and mockers can't figure out with the direction they're going.

There are a lot of Linemen right now that have a shot of going in the first round (Oher, Monroe, Smith, Smith, Britton, Okung, Loadholt, Robinson, Johnson, Mack, Unger) and I think there is something to like about all of them for the Eagles' pick. When it comes down to it, I think it's extremely unlikely they don't get an OL in the first, I'm just saying they're very unpredictable and I wouldn't call it a guarantee.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

They didn't pass on Otah. They were ready to select him and the Panthers offered a great deal. It was the 19th pick, by the way.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Fuzzy Dunlop
Rookie

I think that just solidifies that they weren't sold on Otah, while others were. If they were, they would have taken him. It would seem like a great deal except the Eagles don't seem to value first-rounders, as they've traded them the past two years. I guess all this remains to be seen until April, though.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:30 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
One thing about the Eagles and Offensive Linemen is that they seem to value them very different from other teams and it is hard to peg them on it. They always seem to do the unexpected, ie. passing on Otah when he was right there at #16 last year, trading up for Shawn Andrews, drafting Mike McGlynn a lot earlier than most had him, taking a flyer on underachieving King Dunlap, etc. We know they like huge, athletic, guys who excel in pass protection and can play multiple positions, but there always seems to be something analysts and mockers can't figure out with the direction they're going.

There are a lot of Linemen right now that have a shot of going in the first round (Oher, Monroe, Smith, Smith, Britton, Okung, Loadholt, Robinson, Johnson, Mack, Unger) and I think there is something to like about all of them for the Eagles' pick. When it comes down to it, I think it's extremely unlikely they don't get an OL in the first, I'm just saying they're very unpredictable and I wouldn't call it a guarantee.
I agree, and it is something I have been saying for a while, with all of the great prospects along the O-line this year, and with the versatility of our linemen, we could draft a ton of players along the OL.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:33 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think that just solidifies that they weren't sold on Otah, while others were. If they were, they would have taken him. It would seem like a great deal except the Eagles don't seem to value first-rounders, as they've traded them the past two years. I guess all this remains to be seen until April, though.
For the last time people, its not that the Eagles don't value first round picks, it is that they didn't value the other prospects available high enough, and would get better value (meaning they could get a player of simlar calibur much later, plus with the extra picks, have anothe prospect to choose from)

Old 01-16-2009, 01:52 AM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

I really don't think we need a safety. Demps has the makings of our future free safety. I wouldn't draft one unless it was later for depth purposes.
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote