Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

Derrick Williams is not the type of WR we need, end of story.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:38 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop View Post
I think that just solidifies that they weren't sold on Otah, while others were. If they were, they would have taken him. It would seem like a great deal except the Eagles don't seem to value first-rounders, as they've traded them the past two years. I guess all this remains to be seen until April, though.
No, it was a phenomenal deal. You don't pass on the deal Carolina offered.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:43 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I really don't think we need a safety. Demps has the makings of our future free safety. I wouldn't draft one unless it was later for depth purposes.

I partially agree with you. He has shown glimpses and has developed a lot since he got here already. He hasn't shown enough yet in my book to say that we shouldn't take one. He has diminished the need for FS a bunch, but i personally am not sold on him as a starter just yet. I agree, he does have the makings of the future at the position for the Eagles, but he just hasn't had enough opportunity to show it yet. I will say this, at one point I thought it would be a near lock the Eagles would target a S in the first two rounds, now I could easily see the team either taking one later for depth, or, if Dawk is back, not taking one at all this year. I'm not ready to say he's the future, but I have noticed he makes a bunch of plays when he is in, which makes me think he can, but as I said before, he needs more opportunities to prove it.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:53 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel the same way about the TE position. LJ is probably gone (thank god) but Brent Celek also has diminished the need for TE. Earlier in the season I said he needed to show me more before I think he can be the future TE for the Eagles. He has shown a lot more since then, and actually has even been the focal point of our passing attack in one or two games. He is a lot more productive than LJ, has better hands, is infinitely better at ball security, and is much more difficult to tackle. I think the most important thing though is this, Donovan trusts him and I think he is a favorite target of his. Since about Week ten he has really consistently performed well. He still needs to improve his blocking a bit more, but he is steadily improving there. Granted he'll never be a monster in line blocking TE, but he can at least be a decent enough blocker. He already passed LJ as a blocker by the second week of this season IMO. (That's when I frist noticed it this season, anyway)That said, once again, it isn't a given that he'll step in and be a great TE. Earlier I hadn't seen enough of him on a consistent basis to say he will be the starter, but recently he has gotten me a lot closer to being able to confidently say that.

That being said as well, TE could very well be addressed early, and I would not be against the drafting of Brandon Pettigrew.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

No safeties in this year's class really stand out. I liked Moore before the season but then he had a bad year this year. Rashad Johnson doesn't like to hit. Chung would be okay, but I don't think he could play free. It'd be cool if we did draft him and every time he made a play they played "everybody wang chung tonight" on the loud speaker. Actually another interesting fact is Chung grew up like 15 minutes away from me, I played against him in 7-on-7 when I was in high school.
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:27 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No safeties in this year's class really stand out. I liked Moore before the season but then he had a bad year this year. Rashad Johnson doesn't like to hit. Chung would be okay, but I don't think he could play free. It'd be cool if we did draft him and every time he made a play they played "everybody wang chung tonight" on the loud speaker. Actually another interesting fact is Chung grew up like 15 minutes away from me, I played against him in 7-on-7 when I was in high school.
Its true, but there are a bunch of really good options. None may stand out, but there will be a bunch of great S prospects available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and even into the second day. Two sleeper(ish) guys I like are David Bruton and Michael Hamlin

Old 01-22-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Its true, but there are a bunch of really good options. None may stand out, but there will be a bunch of great S prospects available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and even into the second day. Two sleeper(ish) guys I like are David Bruton and Michael Hamlin
Actually Hamlin is a guy I like. That would be interesting to see us draft him in the 3rd and make him compete with Demps for the FS job if Dawk leaves.
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:42 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Actually Hamlin is a guy I like. That would be interesting to see us draft him in the 3rd and make him compete with Demps for the FS job if Dawk leaves.
One of the things I like about Hamlin is his balance. He has pretty good size and has shown that he can support the run, though he is also very capable of being a potential Centerfield type FS in the NFL. I fell the same way with Bruton.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:12 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
One of the things I like about Hamlin is his balance. He has pretty good size and has shown that he can support the run, though he is also very capable of being a potential Centerfield type FS in the NFL. I fell the same way with Bruton.
Bruton's not very physical.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:37 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Bruton's not very physical.
No he isn't like Dawk or extremely physical, but at least he shows willingness to get up and support the run. I like Hamlin more, but would settle for Bruton in the thrid or fourth if the team decides they need to draft a S.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan605
Rookie

eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.

Hey fellow Eagles fans. Tell me what you think of my mock for the Eagles. The only trade was Lito for a 3rd Rounder.

1. Eben Britton OT Arizona
1. Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma State
2. Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina/Kenny Britt WR Rutgers
3. Rashad Jennings RB Liberty/Andre Brown RB North Carolina State
3. Jonathan Luigs C Arkansas/Eric Wood C Louisville
4. Chip Vaughn S Wake Forest/Courtney Greene S Rutgers
5. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
5. Gerald Cadogan OT Penn State/Fenuki Tupou OT Oregon
6. Dorell Scott DT Clemson
6. Dallas Reynolds OG BYU
7. Kevin Huber P Cincinnati
eaglesfan605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

That'd be an epic draft. We don't need a punter though.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:07 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan605 View Post
Hey fellow Eagles fans. Tell me what you think of my mock for the Eagles. The only trade was Lito for a 3rd Rounder.

4. Chip Vaughn S Wake Forest/Courtney Greene S Rutgers
5. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
5. Gerald Cadogan OT Penn State/Fenuki Tupou OT Oregon
6. Dallas Reynolds OG BYU
That draft made my morning. One thing I will say is that Pettigrew may go before Britton, but the order there really doesn't matter to me. I like Kenny Britt more than Nicks, but Nicks woudl be awesome in the second round as well.

Either Rashad Jennings or Andre Brown would be great RBs to pick up in the third, they can take some weight off of Westy and potentially start when he is gone. C may not be a big need right nowwith both Jamaal Jackson and Nick Cole capable starters in the league. I would say CB could be possible starting in this range, seeing as Lito is traded.

Chip Vaughn would be a great pick, and can play either S spot if you ask me. Courtney Greene, not so much, he would be restricted to more of an in the box type SS, and would be a liability in coverage, kind of like Roy Williams is for Dallas.

FB, Hooray, hopefully the team values them a lot higher than they have in recent years. Quinn Johnson is a good pick if you ask me. I personally don't think Cadogan or Tupuo will last until the 5th round, and maybe would have to address either of them earlier than the fifth round, but both would be great RTs.

I like Dorell Scott, he's got good size and looks to have good strength, and would provide the 4th DT spot in the rotation, so we don't have to use our DEs in there as much, though we usually only use them in Nickel or Passing situations. I'm not familiar with Dallas Reynolds, but with 3 OL already selected, I think the team may be looking at LB depth in this situation instead of another OL. Teh team is apparently high on Mike McGlynn and MJG has shown he can start. There just wouldn't be room for another OG.

Kevin Huber is supposedly one of, if not, the top punter in the draft. I wouldn't be against bringing him in as competition, though I agree with Sniper that we don't really need one.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:37 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan605
Rookie

eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.

Quote:
That draft made my morning. One thing I will say is that Pettigrew may go before Britton, but the order there really doesn't matter to me. I like Kenny Britt more than Nicks, but Nicks woudl be awesome in the second round as well.

Either Rashad Jennings or Andre Brown would be great RBs to pick up in the third, they can take some weight off of Westy and potentially start when he is gone. C may not be a big need right nowwith both Jamaal Jackson and Nick Cole capable starters in the league. I would say CB could be possible starting in this range, seeing as Lito is traded.

Chip Vaughn would be a great pick, and can play either S spot if you ask me. Courtney Greene, not so much, he would be restricted to more of an in the box type SS, and would be a liability in coverage, kind of like Roy Williams is for Dallas.

FB, Hooray, hopefully the team values them a lot higher than they have in recent years. Quinn Johnson is a good pick if you ask me. I personally don't think Cadogan or Tupuo will last until the 5th round, and maybe would have to address either of them earlier than the fifth round, but both would be great RTs.

I like Dorell Scott, he's got good size and looks to have good strength, and would provide the 4th DT spot in the rotation, so we don't have to use our DEs in there as much, though we usually only use them in Nickel or Passing situations. I'm not familiar with Dallas Reynolds, but with 3 OL already selected, I think the team may be looking at LB depth in this situation instead of another OL. Teh team is apparently high on Mike McGlynn and MJG has shown he can start. There just wouldn't be room for another OG.

Kevin Huber is supposedly one of, if not, the top punter in the draft. I wouldn't be against bringing him in as competition, though I agree with Sniper that we don't really need one.

I made a few small adjustments based on your suggestions. Tell me what you think. Regarding the pick of a punter, I do think they need to bring in someone to challenge Rocca. He is too inconsistent for me. He'll boom one and then the next one will be a 35 yarder. Although I agree that Jamaal Jackson is a capable starter, I dont think he is anything special which is why I gave them Luigs or Wood.

4. Chip Vaughn S Wake Forest
5. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
5. Joel Bell OT Furman
6. Mark Parson CB Ohio
Old 01-26-2009, 07:49 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I made a few small adjustments based on your suggestions. Tell me what you think. Regarding the pick of a punter, I do think they need to bring in someone to challenge Rocca. He is too inconsistent for me. He'll boom one and then the next one will be a 35 yarder. Although I agree that Jamaal Jackson is a capable starter, I dont think he is anything special which is why I gave them Luigs or Wood.

5. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
5. Joel Bell OT Furman
6. Mark Parson CB Ohio
My main reason for saying we don't need a C isn't because of Jackson, it is because of Nick Cole actually. I think the team may have another epic Center battle in the preseason. (Maybe it'll make the cover of SI again, haha) Now I don't know who will win that, but either would be a fine starter. Joel Bell is a new name to me, but I still find it hard to make room for yet another OL. Here is why, if Tra and Runyan are gone next year, and your draft process goes through, this is what we're looking at heading into TC...
LT: Britton, Dunlap
LG: Herremans, McGlynn
C: Jackson, Cole, Luigs/Wood
RG: MJG, Cole
RT: Andrews, Justice, Bell/Cadogan/Tupuo
I mean there just won't be enough room for 11 OL, and that is if both Runyan and Thomas leave. One of them will end up being released.

I like Mike Parsons a lot, if we could get him in the 6th I would be happy with that.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:09 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan605
Rookie

Quote:
My main reason for saying we don't need a C isn't because of Jackson, it is because of Nick Cole actually. I think the team may have another epic Center battle in the preseason. (Maybe it'll make the cover of SI again, haha) Now I don't know who will win that, but either would be a fine starter. Joel Bell is a new name to me, but I still find it hard to make room for yet another OL. Here is why, if Tra and Runyan are gone next year, and your draft process goes through, this is what we're looking at heading into TC...
LT: Britton, Dunlap
LG: Herremans, McGlynn
C: Jackson, Cole, Luigs/Wood
RG: MJG, Cole
RT: Andrews, Justice, Bell/Cadogan/Tupuo
I mean there just won't be enough room for 11 OL, and that is if both Runyan and Thomas leave. One of them will end up being released.

I like Mike Parsons a lot, if we could get him in the 6th I would be happy with that.
I think that Runyan will be back, but Tra will not. Someone will offer Tra more money. Also, do you really think they are going to keep Winston Justice? He is terrible. Another guy who I think will probably be back, although his job shouldn't be safe, is Todd Herremans. He is average and I think that Nick Cole played better than him when he got a chance to start. I think this could look like a fairly good OL next year. Dunlap, Bell/Cadogan, or Herremans would be the final one eliminated.

LT- Britton, Dunlap
LG- Cole/Herremans, McGlynn
C- Jackson, Luigs/Wood
RG- Andrews, MJD
RT- Runyan, Bell/Cadogan
Old 01-26-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think that Runyan will be back, but Tra will not. Someone will offer Tra more money. Also, do you really think they are going to keep Winston Justice? He is terrible. Another guy who I think will probably be back, although his job shouldn't be safe, is Todd Herremans. He is average and I think that Nick Cole played better than him when he got a chance to start. I think this could look like a fairly good OL next year. Dunlap, Bell/Cadogan, or Herremans would be the final one eliminated.

LT- Britton, Dunlap
LG- Cole/Herremans, McGlynn
C- Jackson, Luigs/Wood
RG- Andrews, MJD
RT- Runyan, Bell/Cadogan
All indications that I've heard (how valid they are is another story) say that McGlynn is a coaches favorite, What I am saying is our interior OL doesn't have too many holes to fill. Our guards are Herremans, Andrews, MJG, McGlynn and we have two Centers, there really isn't much room in there. Now if Herremans or Andrews slide out there is room for a C or G, but then that takes away one of your RT options. I just don't find it realistic that the Eagles will take a LT, RT, G, and C. They could go with a variation of two of those, but I can't see a scenario where the team could make space for any more than two more Linemen.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
That'd be an epic draft. We don't need a punter though.
i agree, that would be amaZIZing!
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:50 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan605
Rookie

Quote:
All indications that I've heard (how valid they are is another story) say that McGlynn is a coaches favorite, What I am saying is our interior OL doesn't have too many holes to fill. Our guards are Herremans, Andrews, MJG, McGlynn and we have two Centers, there really isn't much room in there. Now if Herremans or Andrews slide out there is room for a C or G, but then that takes away one of your RT options. I just don't find it realistic that the Eagles will take a LT, RT, G, and C. They could go with a variation of two of those, but I can't see a scenario where the team could make space for any more than two more Linemen.
I hear what you are saying and agree with you that they have enough guys in the interior offensive line. With that in mind, I made some more changes to my Eagles mock.

2. Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina
3. Rashad Jennings RB Liberty
3. Fenuki Tupou OT Oregon
5. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
5. Cary Harris USC CB
6. Myron Pryor DT Kentucky
6. Tom Brandstater QB Fresno State
Old 01-28-2009, 09:16 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I hear what you are saying and agree with you that they have enough guys in the interior offensive line. With that in mind, I made some more changes to my Eagles mock.

2. Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina
3. Rashad Jennings RB Liberty
3. Fenuki Tupou OT Oregon
5. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
5. Cary Harris USC CB
6. Myron Pryor DT Kentucky
6. Tom Brandstater QB Fresno State
Sweet, honestly the only thing I would change is the Bradstater pick, I've watched him play enough that he will be a #3 QB at best in the league. If it wasn't for his size he may not be drafted. These are just suggestions, I won't be upset if you don't change them, hahaha.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan605
Rookie

Quote:
Sweet, honestly the only thing I would change is the Bradstater pick, I've watched him play enough that he will be a #3 QB at best in the league. If it wasn't for his size he may not be drafted. These are just suggestions, I won't be upset if you don't change them, hahaha.
I always welcome suggestions and comments. With the Brandstater pick, I figured AJ Feely can't hold a clipboard forever lol. I really didn't know what else to do with a 6th round pick.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a quick mock I put together.

Round 1 (a) - Eben Britton | LT | Arizona

Round 1 (b) - Kenny Britt | WR | Rutgers

Round 2 - Shonn Greene | RB | Iowa

Round 3 - Shawn Nelson | TE | Southern Miss

Round 4 - Robert Ayers | DE | Tennessee

Round 5 (a) - Vance Walker | DT | Georgia Tech

Round 5 (b) - Kevin Ellison | SS | USC

Round 6 (a) - Victor Butler | LB | Oregon St.

Round 6 (b) - Quinn Johnson | FB | LSU

Round 7 - Asher Allen | CB | Georgia
Old 01-28-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Nice draft overall, a few things I could nitpick are that the team most likely won't be looking DE in the draft. Shonn Green is great but wouldn't really have a shot to be the atarter once Westy leaves, He just doesn't have the versatility that the WCO needs from the RB. Thats a little early for Britt, but I like him so I won't be upset. Quinn Johnson seems to be rated pretty high by a lot of people, and maybe we would need to spend an earlier pick on him if thats what the team chooses, but overall, very good.

Old 01-28-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I always welcome suggestions and comments. With the Brandstater pick, I figured AJ Feely can't hold a clipboard forever lol. I really didn't know what else to do with a 6th round pick.
I just didn't want it to seem like I was demanding you make the changes, thats all. I try not to come off as a jerk, haha.

Old 01-28-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post

Round 5 (b) - Kevin Ellison | SS | USC
i would love to see Ellison in an Eagles uni :)
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote