Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

Not bad except I don't think there's any reason to draft Vance Walker. I'd take another offensive lineman in his place
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:27 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Not bad except I don't think there's any reason to draft Vance Walker. I'd take another offensive lineman in his place
The Eagles really only have 3 DTs on the roster, they need at least one more for depth who will contribute to the rotation. I think getting a mid to late round DT would be a great idea.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
The Eagles really only have 3 DTs on the roster, they need at least one more for depth who will contribute to the rotation. I think getting a mid to late round DT would be a great idea.
It'll be 4 assuming Klecko switches back. But all that aside, we need a true nose tackle. Walker is pusing about 295 we need a big body. We have 4 3-technique tackles and no true 1/noseman. Not saying we need a starter but a massive body a la Terrence Taylor or Dorrell Scott in the 4th would be nice for our goalline D.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It'll be 4 assuming Klecko switches back. But all that aside, we need a true nose tackle. Walker is pusing about 295 we need a big body. We have 4 3-technique tackles and no true 1/noseman. Not saying we need a starter but a massive body a la Terrence Taylor or Dorrell Scott in the 4th would be nice for our goalline D.
Bunkley is the perfect NT in this scheme, though I agree Big Mike and Laws are UT. Bunk can play at UT, but with his strength at dominance at the point of attack, he is also a great NT.

I forgot about Klecko switching back, but in all honesty, I too would prefer a bigger body at DT. I like Terrence Taylor a lot if we could get him from the 4th round later, but I personally like Dorrell Scott just a bit more, sorry Sniper.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan605
Rookie

eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.

I made some more changes in the mock based on some players moving up or down in the rankings. As always, I appreciate any comments, questions, or concerns.

1. Eben Britton OT Arizona
1. Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma State
2. Brian Robiskie WR Ohio State
3. Rashad Jennings RB Liberty
3. Fenuki Tupou OT Oregon
4. Chip Vaughn S Wake Forest
5. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
5. Kevin Barnes CB Maryland
6. Myron Pryor DT Kentucky
6. Kory Sheets RB Purdue/Tyrell Sutton RB Northwestern
7. Thomas Morstead P SMU
eaglesfan605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan605 View Post
I made some more changes in the mock based on some players moving up or down in the rankings. As always, I appreciate any comments, questions, or concerns.

5. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
7. Thomas Morstead P SMU
I would easily be able to live with that...

Old 02-08-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:

5. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
7. Thomas Morstead P SMU
Is Robiksie worth a 2nd round pick?
Old 02-09-2009, 09:29 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan605
Rookie

eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I think he is. He is a solid possession receiver who is smart, has good size, runs great routes, and had an impressive Senior Bowl week. I really wanted to take Hakeem Nicks with that second round pick, but he is likely going to be selected in the late first or early second round. However, if he falls to the Eagles, I really hope that they take him because he reminds me a bit of Anquan Boldin.

Last edited by eaglesfan605 : 02-10-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
A late second, yeah I'd say he is. He is the definition of a technician WR. His father is a ocach, as I'm sure most people know, and he has the mental aspect of the game down. He isn't flashy or groundbreaking athletically, but he has arguably the best hands of anyone in the draft (Jordon Norwood has the best hands IMO) and will be a solid posession WR in the NFL.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a quick one I put together.

1 - Eben Britton OT Arizona

1b - Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia

2 - Jared Cook TE South Carolina

3 - Ramses Barden WR Cal Poly

4 - Courtney Greene S Rutgers

5 - Sherrod Martin CB Troy

5b - Quinn Johnson FB LSU

6 - Terrance Taylor DT Michigan

6b - Gerald Cadogan OT Penn St.

7 - Mortty Ivy LB West Virginia

Key UDFA pickups -
1. Sam Swank K Wake Forest
2. Rudy Carpenter QB Arizona St.
3. Travis McCall TE Alabama
4. Clinton McDonald DE Memphis
5. Jaime Thomas OG Maryland
Old 02-14-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I like it. Britton is a good fit and could potentially play LT for us IMO. Moreno is the best fit of all the RBs, and is more likely to beavaiable there than Wells. Cook is s good receiveing threat at TE, and Barden is a big Red Zone threat at WR, which needed a lot of boosting. I'm not the biggest fan of Courtney Greene as he is kind of like Roy Williams for the Cowboys, but not as good against the run and just about the same when it comes to coverage. But I won't nitpick. Quinn Johnson is a good pick, and he could actually be used a couple ways in the offense. Terrence Taylor would round out our DT rotation, and you addressed other needs at CB, LB, and got quality depth at RT. Good draft and good FA specualation.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan605
Rookie

Another mock draft update. Tell me what you think.

3. Emanuel Cook FS South Carolina
4. Kory Sheets RB Purdue
5. Devin Moore RB Wyoming
6. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
6. Roy Miller DT Texas
7. Thomas Morstead P SMU

Last edited by eaglesfan605 : 02-22-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Works for me, its hard to go wrong with those top 2, but I like Robiskie, and think he could be a great posession type WR in the NFL. He wouldn't exactly be a #1 guarantee, but I can'tt see too many better options there off the top of my head. I like Cook, especially if he can get his head on straight, and Sheets is a decent pick. I love Roy Miller in the 6th, if we could get him there I'd be all for it, I really like him a lot. Quinn Johnson is my favorite FB. My only thing is I'm not a big fan of either RB, and taking two even moreso. I know its a need and I know one of them can challenge Booker, but I'm just not a huge huge fan of either, especially if they're going to be our #2 and #3 back. Overall nice job, and I certainly wouldn't be petrified with that draft class.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan605
Rookie

Quote:
Works for me, its hard to go wrong with those top 2, but I like Robiskie, and think he could be a great posession type WR in the NFL. He wouldn't exactly be a #1 guarantee, but I can'tt see too many better options there off the top of my head. I like Cook, especially if he can get his head on straight, and Sheets is a decent pick. I love Roy Miller in the 6th, if we could get him there I'd be all for it, I really like him a lot. Quinn Johnson is my favorite FB. My only thing is I'm not a big fan of either RB, and taking two even moreso. I know its a need and I know one of them can challenge Booker, but I'm just not a huge huge fan of either, especially if they're going to be our #2 and #3 back. Overall nice job, and I certainly wouldn't be petrified with that draft class.
Thanks for the feedback. I can see where you are coming from and they will probably not draft 2 RB this offseason. However, the Eagles don't run the ball too much, so I do not think that having 2 rookies will be much of an issue. Also, Kory Sheets and Devin Moore catch the ball pretty well. I also like Rashad Jennings from Liberty, but I had to choose between him or Emanuel Cook in the 3rd Round.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:35 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. I can see where you are coming from and they will probably not draft 2 RB this offseason. However, the Eagles don't run the ball too much, so I do not think that having 2 rookies will be much of an issue. Also, Kory Sheets and Devin Moore catch the ball pretty well. I also like Rashad Jennings from Liberty, but I had to choose between him or Emanuel Cook in the 3rd Round.
I could see the Eagles getting 2 RBs, I didn't mean to say it won't or can't happen, but if they do, only one of them will make the team, most likely. But having two rookie RBs just gives Reid an excuse to not even try to run if Westy goes down, and I am not a fan of that...

Old 02-27-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan605
Rookie

You guys know the drill. New mock.

1. Kenny Britt WR Rutgers
2. Donald Brown RB Connecticut
3. Shawn Nelson TE Southern Miss
5. Donald Washington CB Ohio State
5. Roy Miller DT Texas
6. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
6. Aaron Brown RB TCU
7. Thomas Morstead P SMU
Old 02-27-2009, 07:30 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You guys know the drill. New mock.

2. Donald Brown RB Connecticut
5. Roy Miller DT Texas
6. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
6. Aaron Brown RB TCU
7. Thomas Morstead P SMU
I've recently changed preferences from Britt to Nicks, but he might not be available for the second first rounder, but i still really like Britt. First two picks are good. Donald Brown is a great pick as well, he would be a great fit for the Eagles offense.
A nice speedy TE to compliment Celek is great in the third there, I personally like Chase Coffman and if you think he'd be available I like him better. Coffman and Celek are similar in a few ways, but I personally think Coffman could end up like a Jason Witten, (not quite as good though) I like Vaughn a lot and think if Considine goes he would at least be a great #2 SS and special teamer He also has the potential to be a starter if Mikell would be moved to FS in the future.
For the record, I think Dawk and Mikell have basically the same responsibilities right now when it comes to coverage responsibilities. If anything, Dawk is playing more of the SS role and Mikell is the FS.
Donald washington and Roy Miller are two guys I really like that we could get in the later rounds, and would really provide solid depth, especially Roy Miller. Quinn Johnson is my favorite FB in the Draft and Brown (though i know literally nothing about him) would at least come in and push Booker a bit. Bringing in competition at K or P in the 7th round is good in my book...

edit: I like you r attitude for this... You drill, I couldn't help but laugh a bit.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick mock:

1A: Knowshon Moreno RB UGA
1B: Hakeem Nicks WR UNC
2: Chase Coffman TE Mizzou
3: David Bruton S Notre Dame
4: Gerald Cadogan OL PSU
5A: Bradley Fletcher CB Iowa
5B: Tony Fiammetta FB Syracuse
5C: Anthony Parker OG Tennessee
6A: Sammie Lee Hill DT Stillman
6B: Gartrell Johnson RB Colorado St.
7: Jason Williams OLB Western Illinois
Old 02-28-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I assume you have us re-signing Tra, because you don't even have a linemen on the first day. I like the picks a lot, but think LT will be a preference for the draft in the first orund somwhere. I like every one of those players and think they'd fit well, but Cadogan would be another RT, which we don't really need. Great players, but the fact you left out OL hurts the fact that this is litereally a perfect draft...

Old 03-02-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan605
Rookie

Blah blah blah new mock draft blah blah blah.

1. Beanie Wells RB Ohio State
2. David Bruton S Notre Dame
4. Sebastian Vollmer OT Houston
5. Roy Miller DT Texas
6. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
6. Lydon Murtha OT Nebraska
7. Thomas Morstead P SMU
Old 03-02-2009, 12:11 AM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are ridiculous with the RB/WR combo in every first round
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan605
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMeTiMe View Post
You guys are ridiculous with the RB/WR combo in every first round
Why is it ridiculous? Wide receiver and running back are two big needs for the Eagles.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:18 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Blah blah blah new mock draft blah blah blah.

1. Beanie Wells RB Ohio State
2. David Bruton S Notre Dame
4. Sebastian Vollmer OT Houston
5. Roy Miller DT Texas
6. Quinn Johnson FB LSU
6. Lydon Murtha OT Nebraska
7. Thomas Morstead P SMU
Similar situation to the ones before, The first 4 guys are great players, and would be great fits as well. Unfortunately none of our needs along the OL will be filled here, more precisely at LT. I like all the guys, but when you don't address the team's biggest need it really hurts the overall quality of the draft...

Old 03-02-2009, 07:38 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan605
Rookie

Quote:
Similar situation to the ones before, The first 4 guys are great players, and would be great fits as well. Unfortunately none of our needs along the OL will be filled here, more precisely at LT. I like all the guys, but when you don't address the team's biggest need it really hurts the overall quality of the draft...
Tra Thomas hasn't gotten an offer from any team yet. I really think he is going to come back this year. If that happens, they wont have to address OL in the draft. Next year's draft has many good Tackle prospects, such as Bryan Bulaga, Russell Okung, Trent Williams, Ciron Black, and Adam Ulatoski. They could take one of them in the 2010 Draft, and have Tra play this year. Even if Tra struggles, they will still have options, such as sliding out Todd Herremans to LT.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:39 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Tra Thomas hasn't gotten an offer from any team yet. I really think he is going to come back this year. If that happens, they wont have to address OL in the draft. Next year's draft has many good Tackle prospects, such as Bryan Bulaga, Russell Okung, Trent Williams, Ciron Black, and Adam Ulatoski. They could take one of them in the 2010 Draft, and have Tra play this year. Even if Tra struggles, they will still have options, such as sliding out Todd Herremans to LT.
I just think it would be a better idea to have one of this year's OTs in the offense for a year before they start...