Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 03-03-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Impact Freshman

Which player do you think will have the biggest impact in their freshman season???
Old 03-03-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

The guy who sticks out the most for me is Arrelious Benn. He should get plenty of playing time early and will instantly be the go to guy on the Illinois offense. He and Juice should develop very well together. God I hate Ron Zook.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Joe Mcknight should be a instant star in the return and situational run game. Everson Griffen as well is to talented not to get some plays, especially on 3rd downs.

For another team I will go with Donavan Warren. He's very polished as a corner at this point, and Michigan is weak in the secondary.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

Joe Mcknight should be a big play making threat. If Marc Tyler doesnt redshirt he should be great too. I see Noel Devine of course being a lethal weapon too...wonder if he will overshadow slaton at all

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1 View Post
I see Noel Devine of course being a lethal weapon too...wonder if he will overshadow slaton at all
Can he do that? I mean, he never did declare.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Even if Noel Devine was elgible he wouldnt make that much of an impact espically when steve slaton is still there...

i would have to say Willie Korn to be honest cause he isnt thrown into the big dogs cause he has a great supporting cast and all he is responsible for is not making any mistakes and he'll slowly develop into one of the freshmen who make the most difference to his team
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moc182 View Post
The guy who sticks out the most for me is Arrelious Benn. He should get plenty of playing time early and will instantly be the go to guy on the Illinois offense. He and Juice should develop very well together. God I hate Ron Zook.
Benn will work well with Juice and Illinois will continue to progress

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:57 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
the guy who sticks out the most for me is Arrelious Benn. He should get plenty of playing time early and will instantly be the go to guy on the Illinois offense. He and Juice should develop very well together. God I hate Ron Zook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Benn will work well with Juice and Illinois will continue to progress
If Benn isnt on NCAA 08 ill be so pissed, Illinois is gonna be my new Team, after Vandy dominates
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm very excited to see what RB Chris Rainey will do in Urban Meyer's offense.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rainey is going to be scary there. That guy is so fast.

At Miami Graig Cooper and Doug Wiggins should have an impact. OL Harland
Gunn might also see some PT.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
IrishBrowns
Rookie

IrishBrowns hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

QB Jimmy Clausen Notre Dame

WR Arrelious Benn Illinois

DB Major Wright Florida

MLB Chris Donald Tennessee
IrishBrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
snuff

Rainey is no faster than most of college kids, especially seniors that have been training and once he puts on some weight he will slow down. I don't be surprised if he breaks after 1 hit.

How about some of these people...
Marvin Austin
Josh Oglesby
Dwight Jones
Ryan Miller
Tyrod Taylor

Last edited by snuff : 03-04-2007 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
NittanyBo

For Penn State Nick Sukay could battle for one of the starting safety spots.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

RB Shane Vareen Cal
Old 03-04-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
ltisno1#2

I hope that Armando Allen can be a Instant Impact at ND
Old 03-04-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Everson Griffen will prolly end up starting at SC and will be a dominate pass rusher next season.

Joe McKnight will also be a big play threat whether it be out of the backfield or in the slot.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
RB Shane Vareen Cal
He's likely moving to corner, where he probably won't start his first year. I do like Jahvid Best's chances of coming in behind Forsett and doing some damage.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

EDIT. I'll go with Marvin Austin I guess assuming he plays right away for UNC.

Last edited by Space Ghost : 03-04-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
He's likely moving to corner, where he probably won't start his first year. I do like Jahvid Best's chances of coming in behind Forsett and doing some damage.
I had to play against Vereen in high school. Twice. I promise you that you guys got a very, very good player.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyrod Taylor is the only QB I see doing anything great as a freshman, but I think McKnight should have the biggest impact

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I had to play against Vereen in high school. Twice. I promise you that you guys got a very, very good player.
Yeah, I had to play against him and Micheal Herrick(cal's alltime passing leader) in the playoffs. Whether Vareen plays O or not, he should be a huge factor on special teams with D Jack.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

brandon saine Ohio State: he can play d back rb and is a great return man. When i saw him play in high school he had 2 kickoff return td's and three runs over 60 yards in the same game he is sick, he is also a national champion in track, for him to be that fast at 205-210 he must be amazing
Old 03-04-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Armando Allen for the Irish, (im not bias either) :(
Old 03-04-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Aaron Hernandez, tight end who comitted to Florida. I've seen the guy play in person at Bristol Central he was absolutely amazing. Speed and hands of a wide receiver. Plus he'll probably get some great playing time as Florida will use the two tight end formation for their option style play. Could be a great thing with him and Tebow.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
superfly

Clausen and Benn