Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

View Poll Results: Who do you want the Lions to hire as Head Coach?
Mike Shanahan 7 15.91%
Steve Spagnuolo 11 25.00%
Marty Schottenheimer 5 11.36%
Josh McDaniels 3 6.82%
Jim Schwartz 7 15.91%
Leslie Frazier 1 2.27%
Jason Garrett 6 13.64%
Other (please explain) 4 9.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Calvin & Kevin
Rookie

Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Calvin & Kevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Spagnuolo is high on my list. He's definitely my preferred defensive-minded coach.

That said, why would he come to Detroit?
Why would anyone? The Lions suck but at the end of the day there's only 32 of these jobs in the world. And NFL coaches are known to have egos and think they can overcome any challenge - just look at Marinelli.
Calvin & Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:21 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we did bring in Billick i believe we would need to get a top DC. Nolan would be best because they have a relationship already. If not him we need to find someone else who has proven to be a top DC
Old 12-29-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...ot_be_the.html

Tom Kowalski says Billick isn't coming to Detroit.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be posting links in the initial post of this thread.

Please post if you find links of us showin interest in candidates or contacting them. Found 2 so far . . .
Old 12-29-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/12/29/lion...nts-spagnuolo/

Heres the Spagnuolo link. Also Jim Gray is interviewing here.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

by reading that its safe to say there will be no billick no schottenhiemer or anyone with past HC experience. another bust on our part but i think this is because Mayhew is a new GM and willl not want someone who wont listen to him. They are looking for a Coordinator who they know will be on the same page as Mayhew. Therefore we can only hope for Rex Ryan or Spagnuolo. I do not want either of the Titans coordinators for the record.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want a coach that will be here for more than three years. I don't think that's too much to ask.

It's just frustrating that they aren't going to look at Pioli for the GM spot..
Old 12-29-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw it on NFL Network.. Lions either asked for or received permission to speak with Jason Garrett.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like spagnuolo and schottenheimer the most, but i also like rex ryan and billick. each brings something to the table, although who knows what our new gm will do (god help us)
eeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also like Spagnuolo and Schotty at 1a and 1b. Both would be a good choice but maybe lean towards Spagunolo. Mostly for the fact because I'll question whether or not I am spelling it correctly every time I type it.

As much as a 3-4 switch would be cool, I don't know if we should do it. Let us just get a HC.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Aard
Rookie

Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.Aard is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
I do not want either of the Titans coordinators for the record.
Please elaborate.
Aard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

i dont feel as if their OC has really done anything special. All he did was plug in a game manager at QB and run the ball and depend on the defense to win games. This in no way fits our personnel where we have a terrible oline and our best player is a WR. Also our defense sucks.

Their DC i wouldn't mind but ultimatly he would be buried on my list under the likes of Spagnoula Ryan and Mcdaniels.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Their DC i wouldn't mind but ultimatly he would be buried on my list under the likes of Spagnoula Ryan and Mcdaniels.
Bringing in Schwartz could give the Lions a chance at landing Haynesworth.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

I dont think you hire a coach solely on the possibility of one player following him. I dont know a lot about Schwartz so i would be fine with that pick seeing as the titans D is very good
Old 12-30-2008, 03:28 AM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont think you hire a coach solely on the possibility of one player following him. I dont know a lot about Schwartz so i would be fine with that pick seeing as the titans D is very good
if we do bring him in i hope that the titans d would be to his credit and he could work his magic here
Old 12-30-2008, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN had a big list earlier I couldn't catch the whole list but I saw Josh McDaniels name in the list along with Grey and Garrett

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:20 AM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was the list on who we should look at or people we've talk to?

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 12-30-2008, 08:21 AM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

http://www.freep.com/article/2008123...nletter-sports

Quote:
Josh McDaniels*, Patriots offensive coordinator

McDaniels has been an assistant for eight seasons - all with New England. He began with the organization in 2001 as an assistant in the scouting department. After assisting the defensive coaching staff for three seasons, he became the team's quarterbacks coach in 2004. He served that post until being named the team's offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach in January of 2006, his current position.

*McDaniels is the only coach who reportedly hasn't been granted permission to speak with the Lions.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 12-30-2008, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard the list on Sirius radio today.

Steve Spagnuolo,Jason Garrett,Jerrry Gray,Scwartz,Leslie Frazier. Those are the candidates so far.

No way to Garrett,Gray and I'm iffy on Frazier because he's very young too. We stick with Tampa 2 probably with him though.

Spagnuolo or Schwartz are the best options.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:54 AM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

McDaniels or Spaghetti. It's only fitting we go from Marinara to Spaghetti.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 12-30-2008, 10:02 AM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
McDaniels or Spaghetti. It's only fitting we go from Marinara to Spaghetti.
lets just hope WCF eats solid foods, even though he prob isnt involved with HC decision that much
Old 12-30-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I added a poll. Please vote.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Shanahan should be the guy, he is someone who can build that offense and plus he is someone with experience that could be a leader to the Organization in need of one to move in the right direction.

Plus, the talent on the offense would be perfect for the ZBS and he can build the line and RB position without spending high picks.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Mike Shanahan should be the guy, he is someone who can build that offense and plus he is someone with experience that could be a leader to the Organization in need of one to move in the right direction.

Plus, the talent on the offense would be perfect for the ZBS and he can build the line and RB position without spending high picks.
I want Shanahan because he's a proven winner, but I don't think he will jive well with the Lions new "organizational plan."

If history is any indication, we'll hire another puppet coach.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
bigredballer
Rookie

bigredballer is a cocksman.bigredballer is a cocksman.bigredballer is a cocksman.

I don't think we should hire anyone that doesn't have NFL head coaching experience already. We have a horrible team that isn't going to improve too much in the next year so we need someone who knows what they are doing and can teach them.

Shanahan won't come here. Why would he?

Anyone can come in and coach the team to at least 1 win (well not Rod Macaphony) so we need someone who can make progress. I want a defensive minded coach with HC experience. Let's do it right!
bigredballer is offline   Reply With Quote